Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule (556 Views)

‎IPOB: Don’t Believe The Lies About Me, Atiku Tells Nigerians / APC Explains Delay In Restructuring Nigeria As Atiku Lauds IBB / Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by agwom(m): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2016
A former Nigerian Permanent Representative to the United Nations, (UN),Ambassador Yusuf Maitama Sule, has faulted the call for Nigeria’s restructuring. He said, he did not pray nor believe in the call for the restructuring. The elder statesman spoke yesterday in Gombe on the topic,“Restructuring Nigeria: Implication for National Unity and Development,” during a seminar organized by the Gombe State Government to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the state.
Ambassador Maitama Sule said the crisis being experienced in the country has nothing to do with those differences, but as a result of misunderstanding and misuse of religious teachings. He said with good and purposeful leadership, the country can overcome its problems and emerge stronger, like Brazil, India and others.

The chairman of the seminar, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, said despite the challenges being faced in the country, he was optimistic that with good leadership, Nigeria will get things right.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/i-don-t-believe-in-restructuring-nigeria-maitama-sule/164684.html#GMzyZDAvQdm08vvH.99

Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by Granger: 6:39am On Oct 01, 2016
An elder statesman and a former permanent representative to the UN making such a foolish statement. Anyone who says Nigeria does not need restructuring is an enemy of this nation and most of them are from a certain part. Content to continue receiving freebies that they haven't worked for. This is a big part of the reason we are in a recession.
I don't blame him though, he is defending the interests of 'his people.'

3 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by Babzrockman: 6:45am On Oct 01, 2016
I like this old man alot. He's very good in English
Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by sarrki(m): 6:49am On Oct 01, 2016
The Dan Masani himself
Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by nzeobi(m): 7:16am On Oct 01, 2016
Those against restructuring are those benefiting from the present structure.

2 Likes

Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by psucc(m): 7:16am On Oct 01, 2016
Truth be told, restructuring is not the best for this country as it is the sure ground for its collapse.

But the Hausa and their Fulani lords are managing the country in a manner that portrays other people as slaves.
Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by double0seven(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2016
Is he not a Northern elite?
So nothing new about the statement. They have all been saying the same thing
Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by TPAND(f): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2016
Maitama Sule... You are one of the Northern Elite responsible for destroying and coveting the resources of this country to your personal aggrandizement. You can't agree to restructuring because you know your people and land produces no value. Crude Oil greed will not allow you see well

1 Like

Re: I Don’t Believe In Restructuring Nigeria - Maitama Sule by nzeobi(m): 7:21am On Oct 01, 2016
psucc:
Truth be told, restructuring is not the best for this country as it is the sure ground for its collapse.

But the Hausa and their Fulani lords are managing the country in a manner that portrays other people as slaves.
We should channel our energy more on developing first cause that will stop people's reliance on others and as for unity that will only come when there is justice.

(1) (Reply)

NIMASA Re-awards Tompolo’s Contract To Rivers APC Chairman / APC Secretariat In Delta State Locked, See What Was Placed At The Gate(Pictured) / Price Of Rice Will Fall By November – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.