Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,525 members, 7,826,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress (7589 Views)

5 Reasons To Start A Blog If You Are Passionate About Writing in 2017 / 5 Reasons Why Blogging Is Better Than Other Professions / 4 Reasons Why You Should Choose Blogger Over Wordpress; For Success And Traffic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2016
introvertme:

see d way you type am,like say na free of charge
Lolz
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Orikinla(m): 8:17am On Oct 02, 2016
WordPress is best for professional blogs and news blogs.
Once you pay for hosting, you can have many adverts on it.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by cyber5(m): 8:23am On Oct 02, 2016
ipledge10:
fallacy I use Wordpress but I don't have experience

And i would say that's an Irony, because you can't be a Wordpress user and tell me you don't have any experience.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by mengho(m): 9:17am On Oct 02, 2016
The only reason I choosed blogger is the free web hosting that let's me upload unlimited everything+the free security
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by emmalexdboy(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2016
OP, are you sure you didn't smoke oshogbo weed before wring this post? grin

You're spreading ignorance.

You just make me vex write 30 reasons why bloggers should go for wordpress
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Flickzvill(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
For those that needs ogbonge blog design holla at me... Or anything design (WordPress or blogger).
pls how can we talk I need some help with mine
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:58am On Oct 02, 2016
Flickzvill:
pls how can we talk I need some help with mine
Whatsapp but won't be online today coz my sub for whatsapp just expired....
When do you wanna get started
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by habuchelsea(m): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
if you ever need someone to;
et up your blog,
design it for SEO Friendly,
write original content,
Adsense tutorial (approval & Verification for Non- Nigerian Adsense)
and many more of your blog services....
you can Whatsapp me 08035160744 (serious guys only pls)

check my site www.wikiban.com for proof
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by techinfong: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Are they just choosing it ?
JeffreyJamez:
.....and it's Choose not "choosed"

Oga cos i didn't write WP Over blogger right?

Kwantinue
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Princepri(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
techinfong:
It is of no news again that we have many blogger bloggers in Nigeria,though i created a topic Wordpress vs blogger but many aspirant bloggers want to know the main reason why many choosed blogger over self hosted wordpress.

1.It ir free : We all know it will be hard to maintain wordpress blog during this recession most especially those using premium plugins that requires renewal,with blogger you don't need need to start searching for host companies since blogger is free

2.You can test blogger blogs before you start lavishing money on it :
This is one thing that is really superb for new bloggers since you have the opportunity to test and that's why we have many blogger blogs that doesn't even have owners again but you can't try that with self-hosted wordpress since you're counting down to another one year hosting sub

3.Lindaikeji and ogbonge are using it: One of the basic reasons why many ventured into using blogger was because those two popular bloggers use blogger platform,the mosy annoying thing is that many won't let you rest disturbing everywhere with "I need ogbonge Template"

4.Advertisment it has over Wordpress : Since blogger is owned by the giant google,they have a step ahead over wordpress and they can use any medium to advertise their platform and even apart from that their users even help in expanding the advertisments

5.It is easy to customize : Every blogger users that haven't tried wordpress will think Wordpress is easy to customize since they have plugins but believe me blogger is more easier to customize that wordpress,incase you don't know there isn't any wordpress plugin that doesn't have editor panel you can use to shape the plugin to your taste.

We have various things that are in built in blogger but in wordpress you will have to download plugins and even after downloading you must edit the code because the default look might not be appealing

Source : http://techinfo.com.ng/2016/10/01/5-reasons-many-bloggers-choosed-blogger-wordpress/

op you are a learner. Nothing beats WordPress. most of your points are false. WordPress is free. you only pay for hosting. most of the plugins are free too.
almighty blogs like CNN. BBC, Huffinpost post, use WordPress.
Google favours WordPress over blogger. because users can navigate easily.
Remember how google took down Linda blog. that wouldn't have happened on WordPress

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
techinfong:
Are they just choosing it ?

Oga cos i didn't write WP Over blogger right?

Kwantinue

Lol blogger is shit..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lol blogger is shit..
I don't think so.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

I don't think so.

Lol for serious bloggers, blogger is shii........ and please don't mention Linda near me biko.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

Lol for serious bloggers, blogger is shii........ and please don't mention Linda near me biko.
Lol I won't mention her but blogger is poo...
Blogger is super cool It can be customized to any wp theme...
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by JeffreyJamez(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Lol I won't mention her but blogger is poo...
Blogger is super cool It can be customized to any wp theme...

If it's not wp, it's not WP bro.... Some themes have plugins that make them super cool.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by techinfong: 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
You people what is wrong wif you undecided

i said why many choose blogger not that blogger is the best,WORDPRESS is the best and we all know that
Princepri:

op you are a learner. Nothing beats WordPress. most of your points are false. WordPress is free. you only pay for hosting. most of the plugins are free too.
Remember how google took down Linda blog. that wouldn't have happened on WordPress
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

If it's not wp, it's not WP bro.... Some themes have plugins that make them super cool.
Any how I write am...that's not a correction to me....
Those plugins can also be included in the main theme... It's just the hard work and time....
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
Blogger is the best tongue

This are two different platforms..
One man food is another man poison....
Nobody should quote me!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Princepri:

Guy please Recap again. Did I hear you say nothing?
Mehn I disagree...
Yes WP is good but not everyone likes it just as some people still choose twitter over facebook.....
Even if the Op said Blogger is the best he is right in his own way...

NOT EVERYONE LIKE WORDPRESS
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by daamazing(m): 4:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
ipledge10:
fallacy I use Wordpress but I don't have experience
hi, I've visited your blog.instaculture, I would like to get some WordPress tips from you please, here's my WhatsApp no. 09036829462.
thanks.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by ipledge10(m): 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
daamazing:
hi, I've visited your blog.instaculture, I would like to get some WordPress tips from you please, here's my WhatsApp no. 09036829462.
thanks.
ok you can email @ ipledge10@gmail.com
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Princepri(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Guy please Recap again. Did I hear you say nothing?
Mehn I disagree...
Yes WP is good but not everyone likes it just as some people still choose twitter over facebook.....
Even if the Op said Blogger is the best he is right in his own way...

NOT EVERYONE LIKE WORDPRESS
how many WordPress site do you own. stop comparing yourself to people who started blogging before internet arrived Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Princepri(m): 7:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
KvnqPrezo:
Blogger is the best tongue

This are two different platforms..
One man food is another man poison....
Nobody should quote me!!
mtcheew...
can you create a forum on blogger? you can on WordPress
can you index your site for google and other search engines on blogger? you can on WordPress.
can you can run affiliate links, membership site on blogger?
WordPress can't be compared to blogger because you can create any kind site yo
u want on WordPress be it forum, blog, sales page, gaming site, download site, ecommerce store.
you can install live customer care, countdown timer, animations. there are more than 3 million theme and plugins for that.
in conclusion your platform can't make you successful. hard work does

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
Princepri:

mtcheew...
can you create a forum on blogger? you can on WordPress
can you index your site for google and other search engines on blogger? you can on WordPress.
can you can run affiliate links, membership site on blogger?
WordPress can't be compared to blogger because you can create any kind site yo
u want on WordPress be it forum, blog, sales page, gaming site, download site, ecommerce store.
you can install live customer care, countdown timer, animations. there are more than 3 million theme and plugins for that.
in conclusion your platform can't make you successful. hard work does

Maybe you should scroll up and read the topic of these thread before saying rubbish...
Blogger is totally dedicated for bloggers that makes it totally different from WordPress. Just like xenfore is for forum and you can't compare it with blogger...
Talking about forum(lolz) then compare WordPress to top forum software and see if it'll survive it..(are you a learner?)
WordPress is totally made for blog and not forum....forum is only achievable with some external software that's why its called plugin. Forum is not a core feature in WP (please get sense)
WordPress is for blog and blogger is also for blog, lets keep the plugins aside, Can WordPress beat blogger without plugins(answer with truth) but without gadgets blogger will still beat WP hands-down ...
Linda Ikeji is using blogger without any customization that proofs that blogger is easy to use but I bet you can't do anything useful with WP without customizing...
Yes I can index my site with blogger. Ask me to teach you if you don't know how...
Yes I can run affiliate links on blogger( Maybe you're a newbie) ...
Please we are not talking about forums and ecommerce site here but blog..
What's the use of members in a blog(please read more about blog) yes I can create membership site with blogger with lot of codes(that proofs you're learning)
Blogger is for blog only...(get sense).

Sorry I'm always rude in my post (I mean no harm)... That's me for you...

Still in for argument Lets go that's my hobby...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 11:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
Princepri:
how many WordPress site do you own. stop comparing yourself to people who started blogging before internet arrived Nigeria.
I can bet you've nothing to show for it....
It's not how long but how well..
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Princepri(m): 1:15am On Oct 03, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

Maybe you should scroll up and read the topic of these thread before saying rubbish...
Blogger is totally dedicated for bloggers that makes it totally different from WordPress. Just like xenfore is for forum and you can't compare it with blogger...
Talking about forum(lolz) then compare WordPress to top forum software and see if it'll survive it..(are you a learner?)
WordPress is totally made for blog and not forum....forum is only achievable with some external software that's why its called plugin. Forum is not a core feature in WP (please get sense)
WordPress is for blog and blogger is also for blog, lets keep the plugins aside, Can WordPress beat blogger without plugins(answer with truth) but without gadgets blogger will still beat WP hands-down ...
Linda Ikeji is using blogger without any customization that proofs that blogger is easy to use but I bet you can't do anything useful with WP without customizing...
Yes I can index my site with blogger. Ask me to teach you if you don't know how...
Yes I can run affiliate links on blogger( Maybe you're a newbie) ...
Please we are not talking about forums and ecommerce site here but blog..
What's the use of members in a blog(please read more about blog) yes I can create membership site with blogger with lot of codes(that proofs you're learning)
Blogger is for blog only...(get sense).

Sorry I'm always rude in my post (I mean no harm)... That's me for you...

Still in for argument Lets go that's my hobby...
I laugh..
I guess you're comparing blogger to and not WordPress.org.
you're the type who is spreading the fact that blogger is better than WordPress.
frustrated blogger bloggers will always use Linda as a backup not themselves. while I can pick more than 1000 successful WordPress bloggers at your face.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by Princepri(m): 1:18am On Oct 03, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

I can bet you've nothing to show for it....
It's not how long but how well..
it was consistence that put the top blogger earners where they are today. they could have achieve that same results with half the effort on WordPress
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 9:20am On Oct 03, 2016
Princepri:

I laugh..
I guess you're comparing blogger to and not WordPress.org.
you're the type who is spreading the fact that blogger is better than WordPress.
frustrated blogger bloggers will always use Linda as a backup not themselves. while I can pick more than 1000 successful WordPress bloggers at your face.
The post is showing that you don't know what you're talking...
I know blogger is not the best but I still decided to backup for it..
I'll only consider WordPress when am creating something other than a blog.
Something like www.sourcegig.com
But when it comes to blog I choose blogger (why?)
Many bloggers use WP just to show off, so that the can just boast.
People comes to a blog to get information, so tell me which information can WP blog pass that Blogger can't??
I Reapeat WordPress is useless without it's plugins...
Blogger is not the same as WordPress...
Blogger allows you to create a blog but WordPress allows you create any type of website...
We are talking about blog not the forum and ecommerce that you can create with WordPress...
You should be comparing WordPress with Joomla and Drupal not Blogger..
When it comes to blog the only advantage WP has Over blogger is that your content are really yours and you won't be bothered that anybody might shut down your site (sooner or later).
And the advantages blogger has is because it's free hosted and easy for startups...
If you don't have something to say please don't quote me...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by oteneaaron(m): 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

The post is showing that you don't know what you're talking...
I know blogger is not the best but I still decided to backup for it..
I'll only consider WordPress when am creating something other than a blog.
Something like www.sourcegig.com
But when it comes to blog I choose blogger (why?)
Many bloggers use WP just to show off, so that the can just boast.
People comes to a blog to get information, so tell me which information can WP blog pass that Blogger can't??
I Reapeat WordPress is useless without it's plugins...
Blogger is not the same as WordPress...
Blogger allows you to create a blog but WordPress allows you create any type of website...
We are talking about blog not the forum and ecommerce that you can create with WordPress...
You should be comparing WordPress with Joomla and Drupal not Blogger..
When it comes to blog the only advantage WP has Over blogger is that your content are really yours and you won't be bothered that anybody might shut down your site (sooner or later).
And the advantages blogger has is because it's free hosted and easy for startups...
If you don't have something to say please don't quote me...

Hey Bro, I'm Aaron from Sourcegig.com .....we just launched a Promo Campaign where you can hire our over 300 freelancers for Just 500 naira.

You can hire our

1. writers
2. SEO experts
3. Social media marketing experts
4. graphic designers.....etc

For just 500 naira....

This offer ends 31st of October......

You could check more info here..-https://www.sourcegig.com/offer-sourcegig-com/

cheers!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by KvnqPrezo(m): 5:23pm On Oct 05, 2016
oteneaaron:

Hey Bro, I'm Aaron from Sourcegig.com .....we just launched a Promo Campaign where you can hire our over 300 freelancers for Just 500 naira.

You can hire our

1. writers
2. SEO experts
3. Social media marketing experts
4. graphic designers.....etc

For just 500 naira....

This offer ends 31st of October......

You could check more info here..-https://www.sourcegig.com/offer-sourcegig-com/

cheers!!
How is payment made??
More details please about the seo and the rest
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by oteneaaron(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

How is payment made??

Frist step is heading to -https://www.sourcegig.com/submit-project/

After you have created an account, please post your project, and put 500 as your budget.

How do you post a Project?? (I will attach images to assist you soon)

Put in full details of the Service you need......(Blog traffic, SEO. arricle writing etc)

and our freelancers will apply for Job....if you are ready to accept the Bid of our freelancer, will have to buy Sourcegig credits worth 500 naira......you job will be completed, you give a review, and transfer the funds to the freelancer once the Project is completed...........

I will send you pictures to assist you right now.........

Aaron.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress by oteneaaron(m): 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
KvnqPrezo:

How is payment made??

if you using a mobile device, head on the sourcegig.com, create an account or Log in......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bloggers, What Day Of The Month Do You Get Yout Google Adsense Earnings? / How To Contact Google / What 18 Months Of Tech Blogging Has Taught Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.