Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,184 members, 7,818,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / " (4270 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / I Am No Longer A Theist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

" by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2016
D
Re: " by chybykee(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2016
Shoot him, he'll know after death

tongue
Re: " by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2016
chybykee:

tongue
Re: " by hopefulLandlord: 9:42am On Oct 01, 2016
chybykee:
tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: " by Hiswordxray(m): 10:04am On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:
This question has been on my mind for a long time now. What would it take for a theist(one who believes in God) to conclude that God does not Exist? If an atheist was asked the reverse of this question, the atheist might reply with
- let God show himself to everyone in the world
- Heal all cancer patients in the world by just praying
- Regrow the limbs of all amputees by just praying
- Feed all the starving children in the world for a year by just praying. E.t.c all these would be an atheist response, for the atheist to believe a God exist.
Now as a theist (it doesn't matter if you're a christian, Muslim, traditional worshipper e.t.c) what would it take for you to believe that there is no God, or atleast not one that interferes in the lives of humans.
Honest and civilized responses are needed.

What would it take for you to believe that you do not exist?

1 Like

Re: " by Nobody: 10:06am On Oct 01, 2016
Hiswordxray:

What would it take for you to believe that you do not exist?
It depends on what you mean by exist.
Re: " by DeSepiero(m): 10:11am On Oct 01, 2016
It could take freethinking and objective reasoning.
Lennycool:
This question has been on my mind for a long time now. What would it take for a theist(one who believes in God) to conclude that God does not Exist? If an atheist was asked the reverse of this question, the atheist might reply with
- let God show himself to everyone in the world
- Heal all cancer patients in the world by just praying
- Regrow the limbs of all amputees by just praying
- Feed all the starving children in the world for a year by just praying. E.t.c all these would be an atheist response, for the atheist to believe a God exist.
Now as a theist (it doesn't matter if you're a christian, Muslim, traditional worshipper e.t.c) what would it take for you to believe that there is no God, or atleast not one that interferes in the lives of humans.
Honest and civilized responses are needed.
It could take freethinking and objective reasoning.
Re: " by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 01, 2016
DeSepiero:
It could take freethinking and objective reasoning.It could take freethinking and objective reasoning.
And what do you mean by this?
Re: " by DeSepiero(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:
And what do you mean by this?
But you could check up the dictionary meanings of the words
Re: " by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 01, 2016
DeSepiero:

But you could check up the dictionary meanings of the words
I assume then you must mean, reasoning without bias. Well elucidate further on what you mean by this. Atheism and agnosticism are synonymous with freethinking. So as a theist, what do you mean by reasoning without bias.
Re: " by Hiswordxray(m): 10:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

It depends on what you mean by exist.
So you don't know the definition of existence and you created a trend about existence
Re: " by DeSepiero(m): 10:49am On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

I assume then you must mean, reasoning without bias. Well elucidate further on what you mean by this. Atheism and agnosticism are synonymous with freethinking. So as a theist, what do you mean by reasoning without bias.

Your assumption isn't far from my opinion.
It takes time before someone would 'drop' the believe in God. It can be better described as a journey. But the journey could either be successful or not based on the level of rational enquiry devoid of religious dogma (reasoning without bias).

When not successful, the Christian goes back to the church to testify the salvation of his soul and his victory over the devil (freethinking I guess).

When successful, he ends up atheistic, agnostic or deistic etc.

But the issue is 'how does the journey start? What prompts it? It also depends on the individual. Maybe 'doubt' and 'Inquisition'
The religious folks would have a term for it.

1 Like

Re: " by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 01, 2016
The thing is DeSpiero it hard to find a Christian that will reason without religious bias, as this is part of being religious. To believe without evidence cannot be objective.
Re: " by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 01, 2016
Hiswordxray:

So you don't know the definition of existence and you created a trend about existence
You asked me what it would take for me to believe that I do not exist. I asked you to explain further what you mean, as this is a complex area you're diving into. For me to not exist I would not be real, but since I'm typing this now, I must exist, I am physical, I can be seen and felt by other humans, and easily detected by human instruments. I can interact with physical objects, so my existence is not in question. Now answer the question, what would it take for you to believe that God does not exist?
Re: " by winner01(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
What does it matter to you if God does not "exist"...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: " by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:
The thing is DeSpiero it hard to find a Christian that will reason without religious bias, as this is part of being religious. To believe without evidence cannot be objective.

"There is no God"- this is a belief without evidence .

If you don't understand this , please don't quote me with a response .
Re: " by daviddext: 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
This is my answer to your question.

WHEN ALLTHEISTS DO NOT BELIEVE THEY AND EVERYONE AROUND THEM EXIST, THUS JUMPING OFF THE BRIDGE.
WHEN THEY DON'T AGREE THAT THE FATHER OF THEIR GREAT-GRAND-PARENTS EVER EXISTED BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T SEE THEM, BUT ONLY HEARD TESTIMONIES ABOUT THEM.

WHEN THEY REFUSE TO BELIEVE WHAT SCIENCE DISCOVERED ABOUT FOOD DIGESTION JUST BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SEE IT WITH THEIR EYES, THUS REFUSING TO TAKE ANYTHING THAT CONTAINS WATER OR FOOD SUPPLEMENTS INTO THEIR BODY FOR 100 DAYS.
IF THEY LIVE ON AFTER HUNDRED DAYS OF NO FOOD AND WATER, DARE KILL THEMSELVES BY JUMPING OFF THE BRIDGE AND INSANELY REFUSE THE EXISTENCE OF THEIR ANCESTORS, THE THEIST WILL REJECT GOD'S EXISTENCE.

LET ALL ATHEISTS DO THESE DO THESE THINGS TO PROVE THAT THEIR ARGUMENT IS A SANE ONE!
Re: " by winner01(m): 12:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

True Bro.

But their brains may not be able to decode this

Re: " by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
winner01:
True Bro.

But their brains may not be able to decode this

Your picture is so so so on point bro .

But they are atheists , so we don't expect them to understand .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: " by daviddext: 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Summary of my post incase you don't like my writing style.

FOOLISHNESS is what it takes for a theist to believe God doesn't exist.
Generally speaking "Fools hardly call themselves fools in the society, because they don't know they are."

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: " by hopefulLandlord: 12:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
daviddext:
Summary of my post incase you don't like my writing style.

FOOLISHNESS is what it takes for a theist to believe God doesn't exist.
Generally speaking "Fools hardly call themselves fools in the society, because they don't know they are."

are you Promise10 with another monicker?

1 Like

Re: " by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 01, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You pray to God for an impossible miracle
- Feed the starving children *No answer*
- Heal the amputee *No answer*
- Appear to everyone on earth, so we can all worship you and be saved *No answer*

But when a prayer is statistically possible
- Let me get a job
- pass my exam
- marry
- Heal my headache
These prayers would be answered at exactly the same rate if you had prayed to toilet paper or even HardMirror

Hence Evidence indicates God does not exist.
Re: " by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

- Appear to everyone on earth, so we can all worship you and be saved *No answer*

- Let me get a job
- pass my exam
- marry
- Heal my headache
These prayers would be answered at exactly the same rate if you had prayed to toilet paper or even HardMirror

Lwkmd !!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: " by daviddext: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
The other day I watched a medically declared dead-man, who was kept in the murtuary for 3 days, come back to live by the powe in Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Some time ago, I and a christian lady found a woman crying in the street of uniport. She was was walking with her little son that night and God wouldn't allow us pass her. Her left arm was full of painful sores which I believe she had long suffered of. Not minding whether it is contagious or not, I laid my hand on her left shoulder and we prayed to God in the name of Jesus for her healing. Few days later I saw her in church healthy with her arm healed and those sores totally dried up.
This are just few testimonies.

Now tell me,What will it take for me to believe that God does not exist?
This why my answer is to the question says "foolishness".
Why should atheist ever believe they will get that next job. They are fools to run from their own shadows; the act of believing and active faith.
Re: " by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
I just read the most vacuous piece of shi.t ever

I'm so glad its coming from an atheist .

Thank you lennycool

Re: " by daviddext: 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

- Let me get a job
- pass my exam
- marry
- Heal my headache

Dangote and My Presiden,Buhari don't need to cue for America Visa, other people do cue. America recognise these people. For the fact that you pray to God for big miracles and don't see it doesn't mean it is true for all people. Heaven recognises some people to grant them quick response. They possess the mark called "FAITH"
I am using human character to describe God so that you wil know that God is more logical in many matters than you think. YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT SCHOOL TEACHER.
Re: " by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Even if am not the religious type,, am as sure as hell believe there's a supernatural being(force) much greater than us... Some times i call it a force... not everybody can tap into it tho. Why i believe this is because I've witnessed a miracle in my life before. My small story.....

While growing up i was asthmatic or should i call it chronic asthma cos i was on verge of death already, then i was taken to a Mountain prayer organized by Catholic charismatic group, when we got there and met a woman( she has no position there,, just a follow worshipper) and she told us that she got a divine Instruction to pray for an asthmatic boy who would be brought here today. And the prayer started oo and my eyes was wild open oo and before i Know it i got a rumbling in my stomach it was just like film cos such has never happened to me before,t the prayer kept on till i threw up 3times. After the prayer and the whole program finshed we went home and this happened in year 2005. Do you knw from the year 2005 till this day I've never had an asthmatic attack again, so yes there's something out there greater than us and everybody have different names to it, God,allah i don't really knw but he exists for sure!!!
Re: " by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
daviddext:

Dangote and My Presiden,Buhari don't need to cue for America Visa, other people do cue. America recognise these people. For the fact that you pray to God for big miracles and don't see it doesn't mean it is true for all people. Heaven recognises some people to grant them quick response. They possess the mark called "FAITH"
I am using human character to describe God so that you wil know that God is more logical in many matters than you think. YOU JUST NEED THE RIGHT SCHOOL TEACHER.
So who do you know that has prayed for any of the Impossible things I stated and it worked? I'm waiting.
Re: " by daviddext: 1:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Whose name did you often hear when the prayer went on?
Other names may be mentioned but no other name could raise the dead as I heard and saw with my eyes. Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the only name that raise dead men back to live. And He said is "I AM"(God).
Re: " by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
ucsparks:
Even if am not the religious type,, am as sure as hell believe there's a supernatural being(force) much greater than us... Some times i call it a force... not everybody can tap into it tho. Why i believe this is because I've witnessed a miracle in my life before. My small story.....

While growing up i was asthmatic or should i call it chronic asthma cos i was on verge of death already, then i was taken to a Mountain prayer organized by Catholic charismatic group, when we got there and met a woman( she has no position there,, just a follow worshipper) and she told us that she got a divine Instruction to pray for an asthmatic boy who would be brought here today. And the prayer started oo and my eyes was wild open oo and before i Know it i got a rumbling in my stomach it was just like film cos such has never happened to me before,t the prayer kept on till i threw up 3times. After the prayer and the whole program finshed we went home and this happened in year 2005. Do you knw from the year 2005 till this day I've never had an asthmatic attack again, so yes there's something out there greater than us and everybody have different names to it, God,allah i don't really knw but he exists for sure!!!
So you take no medication whatsoever, no inhalers nothing?
Also did a doctor tell you that you had asthma or was it just a guess by people around you? Sorry for the question.
Re: " by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

So you take no medication whatsoever, no inhalers nothing?
Also did a doctor tell you that you had asthma or was it just a guess by people around you? Sorry for the question.
we got a family doctor cos if my asthma, and yes it's asthma.. i took a whole lot of medications , it leaves you for a while and comes back again . We even at one certain time went to ghana for herbal cure, we got the shit mixture i took as prescribed and it'll will end up leaving you for a whole month and strike again the next month... Asthma is a deadly sickness bro, nights are nightmares...
Asthmatic patients in here can relate to this shit.
Re: " by daviddext: 1:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Lennycool:

So who do you know that has prayed for any of the Impossible things I stated and it worked? I'm waiting.
read christian news. Google " miracles of Azuza street revival"
Read about Bishop Benson Idaosa. More is happening in remote villages. More will happen. When you see a live miracle... You may chose to doubt still as many have done, resisting their conscience.
It is just that God is waiting for many christians around you to have faith. Some were healed of cancer because they or some other person had faith for them to be divinely healed.(they don't want to die). This same people may not have faith to have their headaches healed because they trust in paracetamol. I have experienced this. God responds to our Faith majorly because of our free will.
I believe thb the 'Subconsciouse' faith took that Arsthmatic person to the catholic program

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Mastubation A Sin? / A Proof To Show That No Lame Has Been Healed By Miracle In Nigeria / CONSEQUENCES of the ONCE Saved/always Saved" Heresy or OSAS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.