Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare (1008 Views)

2019 Elections: Looters Using Stolen Money To Fight Buhari - Muslim Group, MURIC / Tunde Bakare Blasts DSS Over Fulani Herdsmen Killings In Benue / I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by sarrki(m): 11:46am On Oct 01, 2016
When you visited President Buhari recently, did you discuss this issue with him as his friend?

The things I discussed with the President are very private. I learnt this from Dr. Billy Graham: You don’t throw on the pages of newspapers privileged conversations, but you can be assured that President Buhari means well for this country. He loves the country and in spite of all the challenges, he wants to give it his best shot to turn around the fortune of this country. I can say that to you. If you ask him what his vision is, he wants to fight corruption to a standstill. There are challenges because of the judicial system that he inherited and because of the investigative arms of the government, but we will get there. People may think it will not happen. It’s going to happen. When justice is not speedily executed, the hearts of men are settled to do evil. So there must be examples that will teach the next generations, ‘Hey, don’t go there. Don’t do this.’ Like I said, he wants to fight corruption to a standstill and second, he wants to ensure that Nigeria is secure. Third, he wants to diversify the economy into agriculture. Those are his three main visions.

Some people believe the President’s focus on fighting corruption is affecting other areas of governance like the economy. Do you think people should go hungry because the President is fighting corruption?

In fact, I don’t think President Buhari is the one fighting corruption. I only said it’s his vision. He’s not the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, he’s not the Attorney General of the Federation, he’s not the Inspector-General of Police. What needs to happen is to have a formidable team with clearly stated responsibilities. The President is one man and can’t do all the things I’ve enumerated on his own. When you have a team that is working together, things will improve because you cannot say this is what I will do and leave the other areas to suffer. It’s not going to augur well for the country. There seems to be a disconnect somewhere. However, in the month of October, I’m sure we will begin to smile. We may not laugh but I’m sure we will begin to see certain changes in certain directions.

You talked about the President having a formidable team with clearly stated responsibilities. Some people believe that the economy is bleeding because he put square pegs in round holes in the formation of his cabinet. Do you share same view?

If you believe so, you have to show me the square peg in the round hole and the round peg in the square hole. It took him six months to form his cabinet and do some things he had done. We should realise that governance is a complex thing. Do you know how many decisions he has to make and how many files are on his table on a daily basis? The quality of decision that a leader makes is contingent on two things — the information at his disposal and the people surrounding him. If the people surrounding you give you wrong information, you will make wrong decisions. For example, I was there (I wasn’t told) with two other people inside the Presidential Villa with former President Goodluck Jonathan when they called him from the Army headquarters that they had found the Chibok girls. While on the call, they told him that they had seen 85 of the girls. Meanwhile, it was a lie. I left the place that day thinking that solution had come, but unknown to him, it was a lie. In a proper society, what do you do to those people? Well, it depends on a number of factors. But you need to ask, how did those people get to where they were? Were they competent? I’m just saying all these because in the process of trying to kill the mosquito, you don’t smash yourself. These are issues that are complex and I’m not doing double-talk. Is it possible that mistakes have been made? It’s human to make mistakes, but we must have the will and the courage to correct them. I don’t know who’s a square peg in a round hole and I don’t know who’s a round peg in a square hole, but I do know there’s a clamour for change and I’m sure Mr. President is giving it its utmost attention.

Talking of former President Goodluck Jonathan. In 2012 when he increased the price of fuel, you — through the Save Nigeria Group — led many protests to ensure the price was reverted. But President Buhari did the same thing in 2016 and there was not a single protest. You even gave reasons why it was the right move to make. Is it because you’re President Buhari’s fan that you didn’t protest against his action?

You can’t be close to a man and go and fight him in the public. The fight begins when you have a leader who is unresponsive and irresponsible. For as long as they are showing you their cards and you know they are responsive and responsible, you don’t fight your friend in the public. You can fight behind closed doors and you shut your lips and you go out there and do what you need to do. I’m a very good friend of President Buhari, but I was not also unfair to the former President. In fact, eternity will reveal at the appropriate time the role we played to ensure there was no bloodbath and why the concession was that easy. I will leave that for posterity to judge.

http://punchng.com/cant-fight-buhari-public-tunde-bakare/
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by madridguy(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2016
Ok
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by EMMYLBANKS(m): 12:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rubbish
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by yeyeboi(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
But you can fight devil in public angry

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by ificatchmodeh: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
we don dey october. Dollar still the crime..

Nice pr for bubu wink

Meanwhile,all our president from1960 to bubu..they always get good intentions..why this intentions no dey transform to reality...last last dem go carry their "good intentions " waka..

Wetin dey happen sef, belike asovilla need deliverance.. kiss
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by TPAND(f): 12:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
Pastors!

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by sarrki(m): 12:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
TPAND:
Pastors!

My bro

The Change we voted for will come to reality before

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by Rrankdonga(m): 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2016
sarrki:

Talking of former President Goodluck Jonathan. In 2012 when he increased the price of fuel, you — through the Save Nigeria Group — led many protests to ensure the price was reverted. But President Buhari did the same thing in 2016 and there was not a single protest. You even gave reasons why it was the right move to make. Is it because you’re President Buhari’s fan that you didn’t protest against his action
see his response.
sarrki:

You can’t be close to a man and go and fight him in the public. The fight begins when you have a leader who is unresponsive and irresponsible. For as long as they are showing you their cards and you know they are responsive and responsible, you don’t fight your friend in the public. You can fight behind closed doors and you shut your lips and you go out there and do what you need to do. I’m a very good friend of President Buhari, but I was not also unfair to the former President. In fact, eternity will reveal at the appropriate time the role we played to ensure there was no bloodbath and why the concession was that easy. I will leave that for posterity to judge.
http://punchng.com/cant-fight-buhari-public-tunde-bakare/
please does this man know the definition of unresponsive and irresponsible?
I lost alot of respect for this man today.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by idupaul: 1:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
But we all applauded when you fought Jonathan publicly after your private visit to him..
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by richidinho(m): 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
I think this man pastoral license should be withdrawn
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by fuckyoumhen: 1:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
Tunde Bakare is one of the hypocrites
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by morbeta(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2016
Then slap him indoors......lobish nd alakiliti
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by banio: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
Rrankdonga:
see his response.
please does this man know the definition of unresponsive and irresponsible?
I lost alot of respect for this man today.

Don't mind the idioot. Instead of apologising to Nigerians that he made a mistake, he is committing an offence with his answer. GEJ reign was the best time to remove the subsidy.
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by sarrki(m): 2:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
banio:

Don't mind the idioot. Instead of apologising to Nigerians that he made a mistake, he is committing an offence with his answer. GEJ reign was the best time to remove the subsidy.

He's a man of God

Touch nit my anointed & do my prophet no harm

Politics aside
Re: I Can’t Fight Buhari In Public –tunde Bakare by emmasege: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Is it not time this Bakare man officially retired from pastoral work and face his political ambition?

Personally, I'm comfortable referring to him as Mr or Barrister Bakare. So, when I listen to him I know I'm listening to political talks.

(1) (Reply)

Justice Binta Nyako Takes Kanu's Case As John Tosho Conspicuously Steps Down / Budget: Gov. Okorocha Presents 2017 Budget To Imo State House Of Assembly (pics) / 2017 Utme: Jamb, Neco, Waec, Nabteb Harmonise Time-table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.