Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb (6317 Views)

Why Students Are Denied Admission Despite Scoring High In JAMB / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? / Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Greatdre(m): 6:15pm On Oct 01, 2016
Good evening nairalanders..I am Dare by
name. I am an aspirant of UNILAG (Medicine &
Surgery) 2016/2017 UTME. I scored 296 in this
year's UTME and had credit passes in all my
relevant o'level subjects at one sitting viz; ENG=
C4, MATHS= C6, BIO= C4, PHY= B3, CHEM= C5.. I
registered for unilag's post utme screening and i
had an aggregate of 70.The cut off mark for my
course was 79.I am writing to register my displeasure on this. Firstly, when i was strategizing on how i will gain admission this year,i didnt know my o'level results will determine admission, as i only planned for utme and post-utme. If i had known, i wouldnt mind writing another waec exam to have A's in my o'level.
Secondly, many of us with high jamb scores were
really affected by unilag's admission modality of
50/50 utme/o'level respectively.This modality
favoured those with high grades in o'level
irrespective of their UTME score. A case study is a
candidate that had 200 as utme score and had A's
throughout in o'level probably obtained through
malpractice scored 75 as aggregate in unilag's
post-utme screening. The modality made o'level
the sole determinant of admission and not the
utme score. I had my o'level in 2008 from my public secondary school. I am a registered nurse. I only wrote this year's jamb to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor. I laboured to score this high mark.I stopped work for months, just to read and prepare well for the exam. Please i will like the jamb
registrar to look into this as many of us are
disgruntled and sad by this admission process..Please, i need ideas of how i can make this public till it gets to the appropriate authorities...Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
How are we sure you didn't obtain 296 through exam malpractice since your O'level wasn't too wonderful.

Besides you said the cutoff was 79 while you got 70 which means you didn't reach cutoff.

Go and sit down and read you won't read. Nah to wear jeans dey pursue woman up and down. Mtchew.

NB: I detest people who attribute other people's efforts as dishonesty while praising their own.

14 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op seems you're new in NL, we need screenshots cool

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by lilmax(m): 6:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
mods should close this thread, there's no issue here

1 Like

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Twizzy30(m): 7:05pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op. Do you know anybody in unilag? If its NO, xori u are on a long thing. Btw that person that comment first is high
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Greatdre(m): 7:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
Kirinwa:
How are we sure you didn't obtain 296 through exam malpractice since your O'level wasn't too wonderful.

Besides you said the cutoff was 79 while you got 70 which means you didn't reach cutoff.

Go and sit down and read you won't read. Nah to wear jeans dey pursue woman up and down. Mtchew.

NB: I detest people who attribute other people's efforts as dishonesty while praising their own.

Well, i wouldn't blame you, i said your opinion. You were just being biased in your opinion and picked what you wanted to pick from my write up..Anyway, i had been through tertiary institution and you shouldnt expect my brain during my o'level days to be the same as now..I had a high score because my brain has developed beyond jamb's level after reading several voluminous medical textbooks...By the way, am ok being a registered nurse, I know how i read to obtain my license..If you are confused, ask a nursing student what it entails..If am not serious minded, i wouldn't write jamb again at my age when i have a very lucrative certificate with two good jobs

11 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Greatdre(m): 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
ucsparks:
Op seems you're new in NL, we need screenshots cool
Yes..this is my 1st time of creating a topic...Am sorry for any error committed
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by tsylars(m): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
Sorry for your disappointment. However, u should know that a very good o'level grade is a requisite to gain admission into a highly competitive course such as medicine particularly in unilag. I advise you to write waec Gce and try and get better grades.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2016
Greatdre:
Well, i wouldn't blame you, i said your opinion. You were just being biased in your opinion and picked what you wanted to pick from my write up..Anyway, i had been through tertiary institution and you shouldnt expect my brain during my o'level days to be the same as now..I had a high score because my brain has developed beyond jamb's level after reading several voluminous medical textbooks...By the way, am ok being a registered nurse, I know how i read to obtain my license..If you are confused, ask a nursing student what it entails..If am not serious minded, i wouldn't write jamb again at my age when i have a very lucrative certificate with two good jobs

Madam go and sit down. The person you are accusing of exam malpractice even had a higher cutoff than you or did he also get it through malpractice?

If you are satisfied with being a nurse, why are you complaining Madam?

1 Like

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
let me book space if this makes front page i will share my sad story
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Jamez122: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op my advice go for ijmb or go to any private uni or register for 2017 Jamb.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Were u not among those singing govt.praises for scrapping off post-utme?if yes,i dont pity u but if otherwise,sorry.thats one out of the million flaws that surrounds the system.once again,wlc to nigeria where mediocrity is hold at high esteem.in the same shoe with u thou.

1 Like

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
Kirinwa:

jamb is more genuine than that useless waec you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Jamaticulus(m): 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2016
Op..u have been bamboozled!
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by fabfunmi(f): 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
supplementary list aint out yet...just chill.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Genius101(m): 9:33pm On Oct 01, 2016
op your own even better at least you no meet the cutoff mark.. come to delsu and you will see something...thousand that met nd beat the cutoff weren't admitted including me.. inorder words, this year's admission process is messed up.na to rewrite o'level sure pass o..join the #bringbackputme and let our voices be heard
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 01, 2016
ASUU had seen this from this new JAMB management, "expo and runs" students getting admission... dilligent ones being sh%tted upon.
MONEY INDEED ANSWERS ALL THINGS!!
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by FreeSpirited: 10:01pm On Oct 01, 2016
Kirinwa:

Madam go and sit down. The person you are accusing of exam malpractice even had a higher cutoff than you or did he also get it through malpractice?

If you are satisfied with being a nurse, why are you complaining Madam?
Bros .,,why are you so daft??!why?....your daftness is annoying

3 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by FreeSpirited: 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Kirinwa:

Is this the best you can come up with?.....why not use your head and be sensible.....You don't need Einstein's IQ to know Nigerian mode of admission is messed up....majority of brilliant candidates will end up being denied admission with this rubbish useless formula........

5 Likes

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by ednut1(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
u didnt meet d cutoff na. try again. bt pple too like book for dis country self. waec since 2008, a nurse already. still u wan go spnd 7-8 years for school again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Drdonzeez(m): 10:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
tsylars:
Sorry for your disappointment. However, u should know that a very good o'level grade is a requisite to gain admission into a highly competitive course such as medicine particularly in unilag. I advise you to write waec Gce and try and get better grades.
Which prerequisite are you blabbing about?The requirements are spelt boldly:Five credits including English n mathematics at one sitting.I don't know why people add bunkum to their assertions just to justify their claims.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by nanaman(m): 10:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
ednut1:
u didnt meet d cutoff na. try again. bt pple too like book for dis country self. waec since 2008, a nurse already. still u wan go spnd 7-8 years for school again

I tire. 8yrs ke? Abi, 10yrs. Strike etc added.

OP,blame the new policy and not Unilag. Always adhere to that single rule in life which states, "don't put ALL your eggs in one basket" meaning,you failed to have option B which is now affecting you.

The constant thing if life (Change) paid you a courtesy visit for the first time in a hard way. Its life,move on..!
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Louis15: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
You talked about trying to protest or something, you shouldn't forget many protested to be given their 'real' jamb scores earlier this year. Nothing was done
I support the system unilag used, giving a chance to those who claimed not to have gotten their correct scores.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Toniwirelex: 12:47am On Oct 02, 2016
keep on with the dream chasing....
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by FuckTheM0ds(m): 12:50am On Oct 02, 2016
Kirinwa:

your comment is as useless as the "ay" in the word okay.
If youre bereft of knowledge you better shut the fùck up.
Oponu oshi
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by FuckTheM0ds(m): 12:55am On Oct 02, 2016
@Greatdre i'm in the same situation with you, i got an o level result of 2006, i'm already a graduate but wanna go again for a second degree, waec isn't credible. My english and C.r.k were being graded with D7 and E8 respectively so i used my neco which was c6 parallel and hence wasn't qualified in this point grading system.
We just have to forward our complaints to jamb boss cos he said that those with good jamb grades that have been denied admission should lay a complaint and the school should give a reasonable reply as to why we are being denied
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 02, 2016
Kirinwa:

God bless ur sense of reasoning but u are fucking Funny.. I laughed my soul out immediately I got to the part were u said Nah only to wear jeans dey pursue woman up and down.. Lmao fucking hilarious. U know I was feeling for the guy until he made that statement of some people who got there As thru malpractice. So bad he had to condemn people's effort n be expecting sympathy from others.. Mtcheeew
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Genius101(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
@Greatdre i'm in the same situation with you, i got an o level result of 2006, i'm already a graduate but wanna go again for a second degree, waec isn't credible. My english and C.r.k were being graded with D7 and E8 respectively so i used my neco which was c6 parallel and hence wasn't qualified in this point grading system.
We just have to forward our complaints to jamb boss cos he said that those with good jamb grades that have been denied admission should lay a complaint and the school should give a reasonable reply as to why we are being denied
baba pls how do i channel my complain to the appropriate quarters?delsu want finish my life o... had 310 in jamb 4 med nd surg,even beat the cutoff and wasn't admitted in both merit and 2nd batch
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Greatdre(m): 7:57am On Oct 02, 2016
Julietjohn:
God bless ur sense of reasoning but u are fucking Funny.. I laughed my soul out immediately I got to the part were u said Nah only to wear jeans dey pursue woman up and down.. Lmao fucking hilarious. U know I was feeling for the guy until he made that statement of some people who got there As thru malpractice. So bad he had to condemn people's effort n be expecting sympathy from others.. Mtcheeew
Its very pathetic when pple lack d ability to comprehend...I never condemned anybody's o'level, i only stated some pple probably got theirs through malpractice..What i faulted was the modality and the fact that o'level bcame more important than jamb which wasn't so before...

1 Like

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Greatdre(m): 8:00am On Oct 02, 2016
FuckTheM0ds:
That is the main purpose of creating this thread, how do we forward our complaints to jamb?
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Julietjohn:

Yeah so glad you understand where am coming from. I am not new in the educational system and would have offered him one or two insightful advices but he lost it when he placed himself in the judgement seat.

The guy he is accusing of cheating in his O'level even had a better score than him. So what does it tell us?
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Greatdre:
...A case study is a
candidate that had 200 as utme score and had A's
throughout in o'level probably obtained through
malpractice scored 75 as aggregate in unilag's
post-utme screening...

Greatdre:
Its very pathetic when pple lack d ability to comprehend...I never condemned anybody's o'level, i only stated some pple probably got theirs through malpractice..What i faulted was the modality and the fact that o'level bcame more important than jamb which wasn't so before...

Op your case is more pathetic than I thought.
You made that guy a case study or you don't understand the meaning of case study? No wonder you had C4 in English.

There's a reason they didn't give you medicine. Its not tomorrow you will cut off someone's small intestine instead of appendix and say it looked like appendix.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1,002 Nigerian CURRENT Affairs Questions & ANSWERS 2018 / Uni Maid Direct Entry / 2012/2013 May/june NABTEB Exam Time- Table

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.