Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb (6380 Views)

Why Students Are Denied Admission Despite Scoring High In JAMB / What Happened To The Top Scoring Student In Your School? / Girl Laments Over Her Inability To Secure Admission After Scoring 320 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
Case studies are in-depth investigations of a single person, group, event or community. Typically, data are gathered from a variety of sources and by using several different methods (e.g. observations & interviews). The research may also continue for an extended period of time, so processes and developments can be studied as they happen.
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by nocosomia: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Greatdre:
I feel your pain, I had similar experience in 2007 at OAU, I scored 245 in UME and 321 in PUME, but to my greatest surprise, the cutoff marks was pinned at 290 and 200 for UME and PUME respectively. That's how I sadly lost the admission cry
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kirinwa:

Op your case is more pathetic than I thought.
You made that guy a case study or you don't understand the meaning of case study? No wonder you had C4 in English.

There's a reason they didn't give you medicine. Its not tomorrow you will cut off someone's small intestine instead of appendix and say it looked like appendix.
if you were to be so conversant with your English language, you wouldn't make that mistake!! Funny how people claim to know everything angry
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Greatdre:
Good evening nairalanders..I am Dare by
name. I am an aspirant of UNILAG (Medicine &
Surgery) 2016/2017 UTME. I scored 296 in this
year's UTME and had credit passes in all my
relevant o'level subjects at one sitting viz; ENG=
C4, MATHS= C6, BIO= C4, PHY= B3, CHEM= C5.. I
registered for unilag's post utme screening and i
had an aggregate of 70.The cut off mark for my
course was 79.I am writing to register my displeasure on this. Firstly, when i was strategizing on how i will gain admission this year,i didnt know my o'level results will determine admission, as i only planned for utme and post-utme. If i had known, i wouldnt mind writing another waec exam to have A's in my o'level.
Secondly, many of us with high jamb scores were
really affected by unilag's admission modality of
50/50 utme/o'level respectively.This modality
favoured those with high grades in o'level
irrespective of their UTME score. A case study is a
candidate that had 200 as utme score and had A's
throughout in o'level probably obtained through
malpractice scored 75 as aggregate in unilag's
post-utme screening. The modality made o'level
the sole determinant of admission and not the
utme score. I had my o'level in 2008 from my public secondary school. I am a registered nurse. I only wrote this year's jamb to pursue my dream of becoming a doctor. I laboured to score this high mark.I stopped work for months, just to read and prepare well for the exam. Please i will like the jamb
registrar to look into this as many of us are
disgruntled and sad by this admission process..Please, i need ideas of how i can make this public till it gets to the appropriate authorities...Thanks
that's just how the educational system of Nigeria is jhae. Same happened to me back in 2014, had 296 in jamb nd 82 in Unizik post utme but was never admitted to study pharmacy until I had to go through their prescience program
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Kirinwa: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
JUSTbuchi:
if you were to be so conversant with your English language, you wouldn't make that mistake!! Funny how people claim to know everything angry

Which mistake Olodo?
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kirinwa:

Which mistake Olodo?
there you go again!! undecided, self acclaimed educated illiterate angry
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by 3KINGZ18: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
ednut1:
u didnt meet d cutoff na. try again. bt pple too like book for dis country self. waec since 2008, a nurse already. still u wan go spnd 7-8 years for school again
she is pursuing her dream of being a doctor bro no be abt book
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
Greatdre:
Its very pathetic when pple lack d ability to comprehend...I never condemned anybody's o'level, i only stated some pple probably got theirs through malpractice..What i faulted was the modality and the fact that o'level bcame more important than jamb which wasn't so before...
u shud ignore these pple.This system is unfair to to pple that sat 4 o level yrs ago. did u register 4 d neco gce?
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by tsylars(m): 4:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Drdonzeez:
Which prerequisite are you blabbing about?The requirements are spelt boldly:Five credits including English n mathematics at one sitting.I don't know why people add bunkum to their assertions just to justify their claims.
. ignoramus, if your 5credits is all C6 and someone else has all As and Bs which is likely to be d case of most potential medicine aspirants in a fiercely competitive education environment of lagos do you expect to be choosen ahead of such a person. To whom brain is given sense is required
Re: Unilag Denied Me Of Admission Despite Scoring 296 In Jamb by Drdonzeez(m): 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2016
tsylars:
. ignoramus, if your 5credits is all C6 and someone else has all As and Bs which is likely to be d case of most potential medicine aspirants in a fiercely competitive education environment of lagos do you expect to be choosen ahead of such a person. To whom brain is given sense is required
And how are you sure the As and Bs were not from miracle centres,Dummy.Stupid leaders producing irrational followers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whiteplains British School Tuition Fee / Top 10 Motivational Pictures With Deep Meaning Episode 1 / What Are The Education Qualifications 2 School In Europe University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.