Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? (1032 Views)

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid / Why Are Churches Not Practicing Burnt Offering Anymore? / Churchianity Vs Christianity : Are We Actually Practicing Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 8:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
Hello everyone!

I need someone who is into mysticism to enlighten me about the subject matter. I don't want google information. I want a fairly detailed person experience about the pros and cons. And errrrmmm.... How do you keep your mind still?

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 4:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
benjanjo1:
Hello everyone!

I need someone who is into mysticism to enlighten me about the subject matter. I don't want google information. I want a fairly detailed person experience about the pros and cons. And errrrmmm.... How do you keep your mind still?

smiley

So you mean no one here can help out?!
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
benjanjo1:

So you mean no one here can help out?!

There are methods and techniques that you can learn in order to achieve the effect of stilling the mind. It is a question of practice and dedication and the understanding that stillness of mind happens in fractions of seconds and what is required is a total immersion in that split second.

You ask for help in mystic matters, perhaps your approach is wrong.
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sarassin:

There are methods and techniques that you can learn in order to achieve the effect of stilling the mind. It is a question of practice and dedication and the understanding that stillness of mind happens in fractions of seconds and what is required is a total immersion in that split second.

You ask for help in mystic matters, perhaps your approach is wrong.

Pls introduce me to these methods, because I believe I have tried everything. I have tried chanting HU, I have tried Ohm, I have tried counting and breathing! All worked for a while and then suddenly, I stopped feeling the effect and my mind would begin wondering the whole time. Pls how do I immerse myself in the slight second of stillness that occur. I won't deny that I have not experienced it, I'll only say I don't know how to extend it or make it last.

Another problem I have is that anytime I try meditating, I usually start feeling itching or some slight irritation on different parts of my body. Sometimes its my face, nose, throat or ears that's itching me. At times mosquitoes will only remember to pester me whenever I try meditating (in fact they've broken my session several times). I learned to ignore the itching and irritation, but I wonder if its normal and whether I should continue ignoring them when I meditate or I should scratch when the itch comes (I always feel like am doing it wrong if I scratch, so I ignore the itch).

Thirdly, I usually yawn a lot when I meditate (recent, at least for 2 weeks it has stopped) is it good to let out a natural yawn while meditating? What does it symbolize? I usually can't control this when it happens, so I just continue whenever I yawn, but stop when I mistakenly scratch an itch (because I think its wrong).

I'll be expecting your answers. Thanks in advance. wink
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
benjanjo1:

Pls introduce me to these methods, ....................... wink

Chanting will likely not help. First you need to understand that you are not your thoughts, and you should distance your mind from your thoughts. Allow your thoughts to enter your mind, don’t resist them, look at the thought, see it form in your mind, examine the thought, examine its relevance and then dismiss the thought, move it along. When the next thought comes along, do exactly the same, do not resist it, again, look at it, examine it and then dismiss it.

No matter how many times a thought comes into your mind, do exactly as above, the end result will be that you will find your stillness in the gaps, but do not go looking for it, your mind/self should be detached, non-seeking.

In meditative practice you are not going to have ten or twenty minutes of stillness of mind in fact if you get one minute then you are doing fine, what matters is what you do within that stillness. It is within that stillness that you will have a transcendental experience and it will seem like hours have flown by even within that second.

Don't worry about the "yawns" and "itches", sanctify your space before practice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Ranchhoddas: 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sarassin:

Chanting will likely not help. First you need to understand that you are not your thoughts, and you should distance your mind from your thoughts. Allow your thoughts to enter your mind, don’t resist them, look at the thought, see it form in your mind, examine the thought, examine its relevance and then dismiss the thought, move it along. When the next thought comes along, do exactly the same, do not resist it, again, look at it, examine it and then dismiss it.

No matter how many times a thought comes into your mind, do exactly as above, the end result will be that you will find your stillness in the gaps, but do not go looking for it, your mind/self should be detached, non-seeking.

In meditative practice you are not going to have ten or twenty minutes of stillness of mind in fact if you get one minute then you are doing fine, what matters is what you do within that stillness. It is within that stillness that you will have a transcendental experience and it will seem like hours have flown by even within that second.

Don't worry about the "yawns" and "itches", sanctify your space before practice.
Is there something to be achieved at the end of this? What's the goal?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by otem4eartum: 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Is there something to be achieved at the end of this? What's the goal?
It has been scientifically proven that meditation helps the brain and as well results in longevity of life.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
Sarassin:

Great advice. Found it extremely useful.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Ranchhoddas: 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
otem4eartum:
It has been scientifically proven that meditation helps the brain and as well results in longevity of life.
One can simply achieve this by eating healthy and engaging in regular exercises. There has to be something more...Something transcendent if I should guess.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by otem4eartum: 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
One can simply achieve this by eating healthy and engaging in regular exercises. There has to be something more...Something transcendent if I should guess.
And in cases where one is earning 20k monthly, how do you eat the good food?
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Ranchhoddas: 11:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
otem4eartum:
And in cases where one is earning 20k monthly, how do you eat the good food?
lol
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Yes of course there is a goal. On a purely physical level meditative practice for the casual practitioner is quite restorative and as a previous poster mentioned, beneficial. However if you are an aspiring or practicing mystic then transcendental meditation is an invaluable method of increasing one's psychic abilities through the controlled activation of various "Chakras", particularly the crown Chakra which can lead to an enhancement of the practitioner's intuitive abilities, increased clarity as well as a sharpened focus.

The ultimate aim for the adept is the attainment of Gnosis. This is a true state of enlightenment where the adept briefly steps out of time and the consciousness of the adept is expanded into the universe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 9:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Sarassin:

OK! Thanks a lot for the advice!

I have more questions though. I try to increase my level of vibrations ie give off more positive energy through meditation. Does sex affect the outcome of this. I mean, if I have sex regularly while am actively meditating, does it negate the result of increasing my vibrations?! I've be abstaining from sex for a couple of months now, and the urge comes now and then. I wonder if indulging in sex (or masturbation) will send me on a downward spiral.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 10:01am On Oct 04, 2016
Sarassin:

Yes of course there is a goal. On a purely physical level meditative practice for the casual practitioner is quite restorative and as a previous poster mentioned, beneficial. However if you are an aspiring or practicing mystic then transcendental meditation is an invaluable method of increasing one's psychic abilities through the controlled activation of various "Chakras", particularly the crown Chakra which can lead to an enhancement of the practitioner's intuitive abilities, increased clarity as well as a sharpened focus.

The ultimate aim for the adept is the attainment of Gnosis. This is a true state of enlightenment where the adept briefly steps out of time and the consciousness of the adept is expanded into the universe.

Yes! I was gonna ask you about chakra opening later on. I would love to open mine. Starting from the first three. Initially, it was my 2016 new year resolution (lol grin), until I started having challenges keeping my mind still. Whats the best way to do it? Having someone with higher energy open at least one (preferably the root) or doing the whole thing myself. If I choose to it myself, how fast can I start seeing results. Am this kind of person who easily gets discourage if I embark on a project and I don't see results within a stipulated time frame. My main goal for doing this is to have a better understanding of myself and to know God.
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
benjanjo1:

OK! Thanks a lot for the advice!

I have more questions though. I try to increase my level of vibrations ie give off more positive energy through meditation. Does sex affect the outcome of this. I mean, if I have sex regularly while am actively meditating, does it negate the result of increasing my vibrations?! I've be abstaining from sex for a couple of months now, and the urge comes now and then. I wonder if indulging in sex (or masturbation) will send me on a downward spiral.

You cannot raise the “level of your vibrations” for positive energy. For meditative practice you need only be a receptacle, i.e "female" (in a figurative sense). However there are in fact certain chants and Mantras one can recite that are designed to place one into an altered state due to the vibratory nature of the chant as well as the frequency of the wavelength induced, like for instance alpha waves.

Sex has no negative effect on meditative practice, and actually there is no need to abstain from intercourse or masturbation. This idea is simply a throwback to repressed Christian sexuality. In Tantra we teach that sex is a gateway to transcend the duality, enhance magical ability and experience the Divine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2016
Sarassin:

You cannot raise the “level of your vibrations” for positive energy. For meditative practice you need only be a receptacle, i.e "female" (in a figurative sense). However there are in fact certain chants and Mantras one can recite that are designed to place one into an altered state due to the vibratory nature of the chant as well as the frequency of the wavelength induced, like for instance alpha waves.

Sex has no negative effect on meditative practice, and actually there is no need to abstain from intercourse or masturbation. This idea is simply a throwback to repressed Christian sexuality. In Tantra we teach that sex is a gateway to transcend the duality, enhance magical ability and experience the Divine.

Hmmm... This is very illuminating. Thanks a lot for sharing the knowledge freely!

I want to open my chakras, what's the best way to go about it? and how long will it take me to open (at least the first three) them? Will it be better if I get help from someone with higher energy level than mine?

Sorry for the barrage of questions. I just need to improve, so much time in my life has been wasted on frivolities. Hence, I feel the sense of urgency towards spiritual development. I must grow and grow fast. Chakra opening is the next for me. Its a task I must embark upon. Pls furnish me with all details (pros and cons). Thanks
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by Goddys(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2016
otem4eartum:
rubbish
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by otem4eartum: 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Goddys:
rubbish
Goddys what's the latest prophecy against me as revealed to you by your dog yahweh(Satan)?
Re: Who Is Practicing Mysticism Here? by benjanjo1: 4:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
@billyonaire you input will be appreciated smiley

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Watch Video: I Saw Jesus 4 Minutes After Death In Hospital / Video Showing Collapse Of Reginers Bible Church Uyo Graphic Content Video / Bishop David Oyedepo On Retirement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.