Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

$22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience (20580 Views)

Revealed: How $22.3m Hit Jonathan’s Wife’s Accounts / Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court / EFCC Closes In On Ex-gov Over 29 Dubai Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2016
If I insult Jonathan for bringing this disgrace to himself with his cowardice act some fools will insult me. Is nairaland CCB or CCT or FHC? If you think she is guilty charge her to court and if found guilty send her to Kirikiri gaol and not this media stunt.

She said the money belongs to her later mother and she is only a trustee so how do u expect her to declare money she is holding in trust for the dependants of the deceased?

EFCC cannot get this money because the mother is no more to testify and the onus is on efcc to prove her guilt by evidence showing that the money is a proceed of fraud and not on her to prove her innocence.

Common Saraki matter has taken them approximately 2 years, Jonathan's wife case will take them 8years at the CCT. Mama peace is a very hard nut and cannot be cracked easily.

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 02, 2016
You people should better concentrate on the economy.

How many people una don convict
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Qabt(m): 9:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Rkelly807:
u're one of those that are cheating on the masses,FRAUDSTER
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Yyeske(m): 9:53am On Oct 02, 2016
She brought this on herself, if only she kept quiet EFCC and now CCB won't be after her. She now have to prove how she earned that money and tell the world if it was declared before and after she left Aso Rock.

2 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by morbeta(m): 9:56am On Oct 02, 2016
Good morning. Hope you are well. Have a read of below:

JAIYEOLA STREET EXCLUSIVE... BREAKING NEWS!!!!!

FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE PRESS CONFERENCE HELD IN OTUOKE BY DAME PATIENCE JONATHAN TO ADDRESS THE $15.1 MILLION MISCELLANEOUS ACCOUNT FROZEN BY EFCC.

26/9/2016.

Ladies and gentleman of press, my name is Patience Faka Jonathan. The one you all call DAME and popularly known as “Mama Peace”. I was your mother for a long time. I was the only first lady of this country, Nigeria, before this present first lady. I am calling this press conference because people in the APC are looking for my trouble. He don happen. My people wahala don happen. If you say you will not talk, people will put their dirty hands into your mouth. You know that I am a gentle lady. As the first lady I minded my business. I was quiet. I did not find anybody’s trouble. But Buhari and APC are looking for my trouble and they will find it. This man called EFCC should leave me alone. Why would he put my money in the refrigerator and freeze it? Why? Is this what this country has turned to now? You put $15 million, the money that I worked for in the freezer. There is no respect anymore in this country. I am the only first lady and there is no respect for my money and my reputation. This man called EFCC has no shame O. Can he do that when my husband was in power? Is it because we now live Otuoke and not in Ass Rock that people have no regard for us anymore? I have one question for this man called EFCC. Can you put Aisha Buhari’s money in the freezer? Can you put your mother’s money in the freezer? Can you put your grandmother’s money in the freezer? What has this country turned into? I am ready to fight to get my money back. EFCC look at me. Look at my face. I am a proper Okirika woman. I will fight you in a fight to finish for my money. Let me tell you now, if you raga me, I will raga you. You useless thing of a man. How can you put my money in a freezer? Who do you think you are?EFCC I got information for you. If you do not want to the the redness of my eye, commot my money form the freezer and give am back to me. If not, me and you will put leg for the same trouser. You go see palaver. I go show you pepper.

You people know me well well. I am a God fearing woman of God. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor told me,” mama Peace, don’t fight. God will give you back your money.” So, I won’t fight. My husband of blessed memory told me "Patience, don't say nothing" So I will not say anything. I would not say anything bad about this crazy man called EFCC. But God will punish your mama. The fact that I have not been able to sleep for days now, you too will have sleepless nights. Dangote’s trailer will perish your whole family.You useless thing of a man. EFCC, you will not die a better death. You will disappear like the Chibok girls into Sambisa forest and never be found again. Forever and ever. Amen. Because I have not done anything wrong. My husband said stealing is not corruption. So why are you taking the money that I stole? Money, that people gave me as gifts for being the first lady. Why? Anyway, I leave everything in the hands of God. I will not use this my mouth to curse you. I will not say a word about this money. I will let my lawyers do all the mago mago. APC is just jealous of my husband and me. Buhari, old men you take your pickin job. Now you want to take our money. A man that for ten years has only 150 cows. Are you happy now?

Nigerians you people call me a thief. DAME thief. DAME wayo wayo. Where were you when my husband was walking without shoes? Ehen? Do you know how many bank accounts we have all over the world? What would this EFCC do if he knows about our accounts in Geneva, New York, London? Are you going to put those one too in a freezer? You useless man. Like I said before, I will leave everything to God. Jehovah the great I am that I am.Alfa and Omega. God can see my heart and he knows I am a children of God. He knows that I will not steal a kobo. I swear to God I worked hard for that $15 million. EFCC please give me back my money. Take my money out of the freezer!!! I need my money to go to Dubai. I need my money to go to London. EFCC man give DAME back her money. End of story. End of press conferences. I am ready to take questions from all you gentleman of the press.

2 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Yyeske(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2016
dimieprincess:
If I insult Jonathan for bringing this disgrace to himself with his cowardice act some fools will insult me. Is nairaland CCB or CCT or FHC? If you think she is guilty charge her to court and if found guilty send her to Kirikiri gaol and not this media stunt.

She said the money belongs to her later mother and she is only a trustee so how do u expect her to declare money she is holding in trust for the dependants of the deceased?

EFCC cannot get this money because the mother is no more to testify and the onus is on efcc to prove her guilt by evidence showing that the money is a proceed of fraud and not on her to prove her innocence.

Common Saraki matter has taken them approximately 2 years, Jonathan's wife case will take them 8years at the CCT. Mama peace is a very hard nut and cannot be cracked easily.
If the money belongs to her late mum, why was it lodged in other names and in phoney companies? Aside from one account traced to her, the rest wasn't in her name or her mom's name, what was she hiding if the source of money was legitimate?

2 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 10:06am On Oct 02, 2016
Yyeske:
She brought this on herself, if only she kept quiet EFCC and now CCB won't be after her. She now have to prove how she earned that money and tell the world if it was declared before and after she left Aso Rock.
Some of you are been misled by APC propaganda as was perpetuated by Prof. Itsa Sagay. I don't know the law you are relying on to say that she should explain her source of income. Please don't be deceived by Itsa Sagay's sole view. No law in Nigeria requires the accused to explain or prove his innocence, the onus is on efcc to show that the money is a proceed of corruption and not the other way round. I refer you to section 35 and 36 of the Constitution.

The only place she is expected to explain in this case is at the CCT and it has to be the husband who made the declaration and not she. CCB & CCT doesn't have the balls to invite Jonathan and you know that.

Moreover, her lawyer had given her a leeway, that the money belongs to her late mother, she was holding the money in trust. The implication is that, she is not the owner, she was a mere trustee and such cannot be declared.

Wise lawyer she got!!!
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Proudmuslim(m): 10:07am On Oct 02, 2016
Mama piss and kwaropshon chei deyaris efcc oh
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 10:08am On Oct 02, 2016
Yyeske:
If the money belongs to her late mum, why was it lodged in other names and in phoney companies? Aside from one account traced to her, the rest wasn't in her name or her mom's name, what was she hiding if the source of money was legitimate?
The law allows one to entrust money on another. She said she entrusted the money on the man for possible payment of her medical bills. She was to refund the trust account and the beneficiaries of the trust account are not complaining, are they?

She got a sound Yoruba lawyer
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Yyeske(m): 10:13am On Oct 02, 2016
dimieprincess:

Some of you are been misled by APC propaganda as was perpetuated by Prof. Itsa Sagay. I don't know the law you are relying on to say that she should explain her source of income. Please don't be deceived by Itsa Sagay's sole view. No law in Nigeria requires the accused to explain or prove his innocence, the onus is on efcc to show that the money is a proceed of corruption and not the other way round. I refer you to section 35 and 36 of the Constitution.

The only place she is expected to explain in this case is at the CCT and it has to be the husband who made the declaration and not she. CCB & CCT doesn't have the balls to invite Jonathan and you know that.

Moreover, her lawyer had given her a leeway, that the money belongs to her late mother, she was holding the money in trust. The implication is that, she is not the owner, she was a mere trustee and such cannot be declared.

Wise lawyer she got!!!
I hope you know same money we're talking about here can be investigated further by EFCC demanding for dates of lodgement and by whom and I'm sure they won't forget this since she said it belongs to her mother.

3 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by johnsonpolice: 10:14am On Oct 02, 2016
Qabt:
It's very clear that the 22.3M$ is part of our looted fund,she couldn't have made that much money, we're talking about billions of naira here.... Haba their is God oo
good for her,she talks too much.big madam, big problem.let her carry her cross alone.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Deen77: 10:22am On Oct 02, 2016
Afriifa:
Please Take this Woman to Court if she is guilty already with all this confrontations on Media am fed up, with all your EFCC of a thing. Present evidence in court not on social plafforms.

Already in court sir/ma.

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Deen77: 10:23am On Oct 02, 2016
LordVoldemort:
She brought this upon herself. I am sure this money is peanut to what she is still hiding. She will loose everything because of her greed

Sponsoring??.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by latecoinvest: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2016
God dey. this woman na OLE she be.

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Afriifa(m): 10:42am On Oct 02, 2016
SonofDevil:

Efcc don't have case with her, she is the one that heated the polity.
Effcc traced illegal fund to 4 companies and they took them to court,the companies pleaded guilty to the offence,and Efcc took a court injuction to freeze the accounts of where illegal funds were found.

Patience is not a party to the case,unless she charge efcc to court and prove that she owns the money in those accounts. which I doubt
forgive my ignorance. N thank you
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 02, 2016
LordVoldemort:
She brought this upon herself. I am sure this money is peanut to what she is still hiding. She will loose everything because of her greed
lose..

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2016
Yyeske:
Na our money..Nigeria is fantastically corrupt.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 11:11am On Oct 02, 2016
Yyeske:
I hope you know same money we're talking about here can be investigated further by EFCC demanding for dates of lodgement and by whom and I'm sure they won't forget this since she said it belongs to her mother.
She is not under obligation to prove her innocence, the onus is on who who alleges fraud proceeds to prove same beyond reasonable doubt.
The charge sheet must contain the owner of the alleged money (fg) , how it was stolen, the date or period.
Then she will be asked to enter plea, anything short of the above means she will not enter plea, her lawyer will rather raise preliminary objection challenging the competency of court upon a frivolous charge sheet.

The question is, can efcc prove fg's ownership of the said money? The position of the law is that, the money or thing alleged to have been stolen shall:

1. Ownership (show it belongs to fg in this case
2. It must be something capable of being stolen
3. Stolen by the accused.

The question you should ask yourself Is, is there any account directly or Indirectly linked to the various accounts that belongs to federal government aside the fact that the money was deposited by Dudafa?

The onus is on the fg or efcc to prove ownership of that money then she will be called upon to open her case. Anything short of that amounts waste of time
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by rusher14: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2016
9japride:
So she has no legitimate business abi? Hope d next government to come should also collect the monies in this present first lady account too. It's only northerners and south westerners that are happy while former first lady is being disgraced. We are watching. Late Abacha wife and Co are saints. 9ja I hail una(bad belle and peper eye politics in action)

She's in the legitimate business of looting.

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by TijaniAbu: 11:49am On Oct 02, 2016
There is no doubt that Jonathan and Patience stole Nigeria blind but did Dullardeen Buhari declare Aisha's n10million watch, Aisha's n40million handbag, and Aisha's newly found billions they keep lying she got from her local massage salon and un-rich family as required by law? What about Aisha Cassandra's forex bureau de change as used for Halliburton Jefferson? Did ex- Lagos first lady now Senator Oluremi Tinubu declare the assets of her husband ex-governor and ex-senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu as required by law? Aisha alone in one short year has brazenly and openly spent more than 5 times her husband's total declared family assets but Dullardeen's have been blinded by dictatorship as the Buhari's rub their looting in the faces of suffering Nigerians. Bunch of thieves.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by rusher14: 11:50am On Oct 02, 2016
dimieprincess:

She is not under obligation to prove her innocence, the onus is on who who alleges fraud proceeds to prove same beyond reasonable doubt.
The charge sheet must contain the owner of the alleged money (fg) , how it was stolen, the date or period.
Then she will be asked to enter plea, anything short of the above means she will not enter plea, her lawyer will rather raise preliminary objection challenging the competency of court upon a frivolous charge sheet.

The question is, can efcc prove fg's ownership of the said money? The position of the law is that, the money or thing alleged to have been stolen shall:

The question you should ask yourself Is, is there any account directly or Indirectly linked to the various accounts that belongs to federal government aside the fact that the money was deposited by Dudafa?

The onus is on the fg or efcc to prove ownership of that money then she will be called upon to open her case. Anything short of that amounts waste of time

EFCC doesn't need to prove jack.

I can as well lay claim to said money just like anybody in the world.

2 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by rusher14: 11:51am On Oct 02, 2016
elfmann:

lose..

Most Nigerians cannot distinguish between lose and loose. It's a social problem. Epidemic sef. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by TijaniAbu: 11:53am On Oct 02, 2016
dimieprincess:

Actually you are wrong. Charges of money laundering are the only charges in any country where the accuser does not have to prove guilt, in fact the accused must prove innocence. That is why the Fake Pastor and Dullardeen are so fond of alleging money laundering in their political witch hunts, weakening the EFCC's strength in their vendettas. Life is however a cycle, they too shall face the same charges. They cannot end well.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by SamiraF: 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
Patience is a big thief.

1 Like

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by ije22: 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2016
Love Machine:
See persecution!
Other corruption matters that involves buhari's men are being swept under the carpet.
stupidity is when u struggle to buy data and defend a woman who steal ur money then u need to fine the person who place the cause on u to appease him to free u

2 Likes

Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
TijaniAbu:

Actually you are wrong. Charges of money laundering are the only charges in any country where the accuser does not have to prove guilt, in fact the accused must prove innocence. That is why the Fake Pastor and Dullardeen are so fond of alleging money laundering in their political witch hunts, weakening the EFCC's strength in their vendettas. Life is however a cycle, they too shall face the same charges. They cannot end well.
Please can you base your view on law, I am relying on section 35 and 36 of the constitution and it is a trite position as been crystallized by the various supreme court judgements; except you have different case law from Chad Republic. The position of the law remains innocence until proved otherwise by the prosecution and not the accused. The onus is on he who alleges and not the reverse
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 12:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
rusher14:

EFCC doesn't need to prove jack.

I can as well lay claim to said money just like anybody in the world.
You getting it all wrong. The position of the law is that, the person alleging must prove first then the accused will now open his case and if he alleges otherwise then he proves. You can't bring someone to court and asked the person to prove ownership of money. Read the case of Wike v. Peterside where the Supreme court bashed the Court of appeal justices for moving the burden of proof to Wike. It is only the evidential burden that shifts.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dimieprincess(f): 12:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
TijaniAbu:

Please can you base your view on law, I am relying on section 35 and 36 of the constitution and it is a trite position as been crystallized by the various supreme court judgements; except you have different case law from Chad Republic. The position of the law remains innocence until proved otherwise by the prosecution and not by the accused. The onus is on he who alleges and not the reverse
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by dXtro: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Bari22:
RED ALERT: WAILER SPOTTED.

Yes, a wailer is spotted but it seems the EFCC has lost already or dont u see it? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by mykelmeezy: 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kingsley1000:
most times i ask myself whAt's their salary how did they get million of dollars in their account

PDP IS CORRUPT more reasons why PDP must not pilot the affairs of this nation

reason like a matured person

because your Father uses drugs does that mean your entire family are drug abuser's

PDP housed corrupt people sure but mind you a large chunk of those corrupt are now saints in APC.

im not a wailer or hailer
i just detest seeing people reasoning like total incompetent idiats.
Re: $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience by 9japride(m): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2016
rusher14:

She's in the legitimate business of looting.
[color=#006600][/color]

That's not fair, being in government for a long exposed her to various business deals. Maybe we should ask Buhari and those in his government were did they get monies to train their kids abroad and also built luxury houses in various areas in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Vital Sections Of Lagos Anti Open Grazing Bill / Kenneth Okonkwo: What APC Did Is Unconstitutional, Supports Peter Obi / Bwala Faults EFCC Chair’s Press Briefing On Yahaya Bello

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.