Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court (58217 Views)

2015 Elections: How Jonathan's Agents, Opc Tried To Eliminate Me - Ex LASAA MD / Patience Jonathan Caught Trying To Withdraw $5mill From Her Frozen Account / $22.3m Cash: CCB Gets Fresh Request On Ex-first Lady Patience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by PassingShot(m): 7:24am On Sep 10, 2016
I weep for the idiots who support these looters. They stole your yesterday, today and tomorrow, yet you could defend them and even shamelessly declare "bring back corruption" just because you no longer have free easy money!

Where did she get $31 million dollars from? Why was the money kept in other people's account if not stolen? Jonathan was a calamitous curse to Nigeria. Thank God we booted the Ineffectual Buffoon out. cheesy cheesy

Former First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, is claiming ownership of the $31.4 million involved in an alleged fraud case before a Federal High Court in Lagos.

Counsel to the first defendant in charge, with case number FHC/337C/16, Mr. Gboyega Oduwole, informed the court that Mrs. Jonathan filed a fundamental application against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), claiming ownership of the money.

The EFCC had taken former presidential aide, Amajuoyi Azubike Briggs, former Skye Bank official, Damola Bolodeoku, Pluto Property and Investment Company Limited and Avalon Global Property Development Company Limited to court in an alleged $31.4 million fraud involving the companies without addresses.

Others also charged include Seagate Property Development and Investment Company Limited; Trans Ocean Property and Investment Company Limited, Avalon Global Property Development Company Limited and Globus Integrated Services Limited.
According to an application filed on September 6, this year, with file number FHC/L/C5/1233/16, Mrs. Jonathan is asking the court to make an order for the enforcement of her fundamental rights, in terms of reliefs she sought, and naming as defendants, the EFCC and Skye Bank Plc.

The former first lady asked the court to make a declaration that the fund standing to the credit of four of the companies and an account in her own name in Skye Bank belonged to her.

She also asked the court to declare that the action of the respondents in placing a No Debit/Freezing Order on the said accounts without any order of a competent court of law or prior notice to her, to be in breach of her fundamental rights as contained in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://guardian.ng/news/patience-jonathan-tells-court-frozen-account-belongs-to-her/

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by PassingShot(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2016
Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44, please do justice to this thread.

This woman has no shame and that's because she knows there are idiots who will support and defend her.

294 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by chriskosherbal(m): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2016
I see

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by madridguy(m): 7:26am On Sep 10, 2016
Since Madam Patience is involved, I'm speechless.

I respect Mama Peace die.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Mynd44: 7:31am On Sep 10, 2016
If she can present the companies, tax receipts and other relevant documents to show that she legally earned the money, I don't see the problem

BTW, That's a big "if"

184 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by oduastates: 7:31am On Sep 10, 2016
That woman was at the heart of the looting in that administration.

140 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by babdap: 7:36am On Sep 10, 2016
No sane Nigeria will support corruption, let's us unite against the war on corruption.

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by drss2(m): 7:38am On Sep 10, 2016
dis is d only place were u will find zombies entertaining demselves in large numbas mastubating ova witchunting forgeting dat their gods buratai savings account, danbazau, liar mohammed, tinubu, judas ameachi, fashola, aisha cassandra halliburton n even d dullard himself ar FANTASTICALLY kworopt.

282 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by jmichlins(m): 7:39am On Sep 10, 2016
Please no more distraction from pressing issues. War against corruption should be taken away from media and let us only hear of the songs of victory. Do your investigation on the background and prosecute them then tell us. The issue now is everything is Nigeria is falling and failing except hunger and poverty which gbs been on the rise.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by speedyconnect3: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:
I weep for the idiots who support these looters. They stole your yesterday, today and tomorrow, yet you could defend them and even shamelessly declare "bring back corruption" just because you no longer have free easy money!

Where did she get $31 million dollars from? Why was the money kept in other people's account if not stolen? Jonathan was a calamitous curse to Nigeria. Thank God we booted the Ineffectual Buffoon out. cheesy cheesy

bad

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by IVORY2009(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:
Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44, please do justice to this thread.

This woman has no shame and that's because she knwos there are idiots who will support and defend her.

do d needful and be civil, to avoid attack!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by PassingShot(m): 7:42am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
Please no more distraction from pressing issues. War against corruption should be taken away from media and let us only hear of the songs of victory. Do your investigation on the background and prosecute them then tell us. The issue now is everything is Nigeria is falling and failing except hunger and poverty which gbs been on the rise.
So, the government has control over how media houses source and report their news?

Wonderfoolish everywhere!

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by PRYCE(m): 7:43am On Sep 10, 2016
All you inconsequentials up there can't do NADA about PEJ!

Just keep masturbating there....

BTW, 1. The "incorruptibles" chief of army staff has property in Dubai and has gone UNANSWERED

2. His military sells Anti Aircraft guns to BH

3. He spent 5bn on maintaining presidential jets in a paltry 15 months

E.t.c

ALL HAIL HIS ROYAL DULLARDNESS!

Only zombies will overlook all these and start masturbating over other people's issues.

Happy ejacùlation by the way! grin

133 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by GOFRONT(m): 7:50am On Sep 10, 2016
They are d cause of hunger in da land

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by jmichlins(m): 7:51am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:

So, the government has control over how media houses source and report their news?

Wonderfoolish everywhere!
have you seen or heard of China investigating officials? what you hear is when they are condemned. This propaganda has got to stop. You can continue with your insults with your empty stomach. I can see the hunger is affecting everyone and you e-warrors specially cause you folks are quick to resort to cursing people where you can simply explain yourself

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:

Because you're hungry government shouldn't do their job. Haven't you heard that it's not enough for justice to be carried out, it must also be seen to be carried out.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by PassingShot(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
have you seen or heard of China investigating officials? what you hear is when they are condemned. This propaganda has got to stop. You can continue with your insults with your empty stomach. I can see the hunger is affecting everyone and you e-warrors specially cause you folks are quick to resort to cursing people where you can simply explain yourself
Do you live in China to conclude on how they handle their corruption cases to the point of final judgement? Does China operate the type of screwed democracy we run?

Say whatever nonsense you like, the fact is the government doesn't control what the media houses choose to write about. A toddler knows this much.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Day169: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2016
Mynd44:
If she can present the companies, tax receipts and other relevant documents to show that she legally earned the money, I don't see the problem

BTW, That's a big "if"
"IF".. how big can that be?

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Aufbauh(m): 8:01am On Sep 10, 2016
As usual the defenders of corrupt politicians have taken up their job to defend their taskmistress. Same people will be demanding for change and better life.

This is why I'll ever be an ardent supporter of the Buharinomics,a policy that is focus on squeezing the bigwigs irrespective of its effect on the common man.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by jmichlins(m): 8:06am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:

Do you live in China? Does China operate the type of screwed democracy we run?

Say whatever nonsense you like, the fact is the government doesn't control what the media houses choose to write about. A toddler knows this much.
you can tell yourself what you want to believe about this fight about corruption been successful but we know otherwise. The media told us that about #1trn has been recovered but the government still claims she has no funds to run.
Timbuktou:

Because you're hungry government shouldn't do their job. Haven't you heard that it's not enough for justice to be carried out, it must also be seen to be carried out.
fact is not just me but many Nigerians are hungry. The government has agencies meant to fight corruption so this issue of getting it twisted has got to stop. This fight against corruption will make no sense if the life of the masses aren't improved. Tell you what, why did the mainframe media not made aware that their has been job opportunities in CBN but they went ahead to employ their kids. What about the Army Chief with house in Dubai isn't that height of corruption

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by ideykwum: 8:09am On Sep 10, 2016
Mynd44:

BTW, That's a big "if"

An objective view! Nice. We should start using the confines of legality to balance issues, no matter how passionate we feel about it. More of this is needed on Nairaland. If she has proof, let her come forward.

8 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by ificatchmodeh: 8:11am On Sep 10, 2016
Okay..
Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 10, 2016
PassingShot:
[s]I weep for the idiots who support these looters. They stole your yesterday, today and tomorrow, yet you could defend them and even shamelessly declare "bring back corruption" just because you no longer have free easy money!

Where did she get $31 million dollars from? Why was the money kept in other people's account if not stolen? Jonathan was a calamitous curse to Nigeria. Thank God we booted the Ineffectual Buffoon out. cheesy cheesy[/s]

Shameless GEJ hater from brown roof republic.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by modath(f): 8:12am On Sep 10, 2016
Mynd44:

BTW, That's a big "if"

Mynd44 while waiting! cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by GoodofNaija: 8:17am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:

If d war against corruption is giving u headache/heart attack, u can relocate to Uganda. They will gladly welcome u there.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 10, 2016
jmichlins:
you can tell yourself what you want to believe about this fight about corruption been successful but we know otherwise. The media told us that about #1trn has been recovered but the government still claims she has no funds to run.
fact is not just me but many Nigerians are hungry. The government has agencies meant to fight corruption so this issue of getting it twisted has got to stop. This fight against corruption will make no sense if the life of the masses aren't improved. Tell you what, why did the mainframe media not made aware that their has been job opportunities in CBN but they went ahead to employ their kids. What about the Army Chief with house in Dubai isn't that height of corruption

Yet, corruption is a major reason why there's hunger in the land today, is it not? The fight against corruption doesn't hamper government from finding a solution to the hunger in the land.

Your second point is a more objective criticism of the corruption fight. However, hasn't the CBN recruitment been nullified, seriously asking as I didn't follow it up. Per Buratai, he made some defence of his ownership of the property. We should encourage EFCC to look into that not tell them to stop their work because we're hungry.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Xapio: 8:20am On Sep 10, 2016
At last, a news to cheer the zombies up, they've really had a bad week grin .. Madam modath, you've been in hiding since, what happened? cheesy ... jmichlins, I thought you are an APC supporter, what happened? Why are you fighting with your brother in public?

BTW, PEJ can claim all the money and EFCC can go ahead and hang her with a rope, but I don't give a damn because it's none of my fvcking business..

22 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by GoodofNaija: 8:22am On Sep 10, 2016
drss2:
dis is d only place were u will find zombies entertaining demselves in large numbas mastubating ova witchunting forgeting dat their gods buratai savings account, danbazau, liar mohammed, tinubu, judas ameachi, fashola, aisha cassandra halliburton n even d dullard himself ar FANTASTICALLY kworopt.

Whether it is witch/wizard/ demon hunting, there's nothing u can do about it!!!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by StOla: 8:25am On Sep 10, 2016
A Rivers state civil servant and absentee permanent secretary of Bayelsa state owning $30m.

This could have only happened with the way Jonathan grew the Nigerian economy by depleting the bulky foreign reserves he inherited.

Jonathan was quoted as saying he made many people millionaires and billionaires.

Dasuki
Alex Badeh
AVM Amosu
Olisa Metuh
Jide Omokore
Kola Aluko
Patience Jonathan
Emeka Offor
Tompolo

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by jmichlins(m): 8:25am On Sep 10, 2016
Timbuktou:

Yet, corruption is a major reason why there's hunger in the land today, is it not? The fight against corruption doesn't hamper government from finding a solution to the hunger in the land.

Your second point is a more objective criticism of the corruption fight. However, hasn't the CBN recruitment been nullified, seriously asking as I didn't follow it up. Per Buratai, he made some defence of his ownership of the property. We should encourage EFCC to look into that not tell them to stop their work because we're hungry.
now you are talking. The government should leave the issue of telling us they are fighting corruption to doing something important about this economy. Let EFCC, ICPC and Nigeria Police do their thing. And believe me it doesn't much to suspend an official found to be corrupt, investigate him and then if he's clean all his arrears paid with apology and if not allow the law take course. You can never fight corruption with corrupt hands

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by jmichlins(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2016
Xapio:
At last, a news to cheer the zombies up, they've really had a bad week grin .. Madam modath, you've been in hiding since, what happened? cheesy ... jmichlins, I thought you are an APC supporter, what happened? Why are you fighting with your brother in public?

BTW, PEJ can claim all the money and EFCC can go ahead and hang her with a rope, but I don't give a damn because it's none of my fvcking business..
mate let it be known that I don't support any political party but made a choice between the two front running candidates in the last election. This government isn't doing nor performing up to standard but that doesn't mean that the last administration is free from the huge corrupt charges hanging around it. Jonathan with help of friends killed this nation but this administration shouldn't use that as excuse to perform below expectation

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Patience Jonathan: "Frozen Account Belongs To Me" - Ex First Lady Tells Court by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 10, 2016
drss2:

You dey mind those f.ools. is only Jonathan that stole their hell bound souls away.....Obj, Ibb, Abacha etc are saints. Hopeless cowards.

21 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Our Helicopter Carrying Osinbajo Crashed In Kogi - Caverton Group / Reno Omokri Reports Obi And Baba-Ahmed To UK, US And EU On LGBTQ Statement / Meet Elishama Rosemary Ideh: Female Presidential Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.