Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,227 members, 7,839,202 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why (20669 Views)

They Were Pocketing N4.2b Yearly. Maina Drops Names From Hiding / Abiola Wrote The Names Of Ministers For Abacha - Olutayo Soyode / Prophecy That Changed The Life Of Yemi Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why by MetaPhysical: 11:18am On May 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

Read the Ikwerre bible
https://ebible.org/ikwNT/

JOHN 8
Badnụ nwernu ẹhni a n'ezi
31 Jizọsi kanụ ele Ju ele ke kweru nụ ya, “Ọ bụru nụ anụ dazịgidne n'ikwu-ọnu m, anụ jọoburu ele sno apna m n'ezi. 32 Anụ jaamahịa ezi ọka, ezi ọka wam jeeme anụ nwernu ẹhni anụ.”
33 Be sarụ Jizọsi, “A bụ rụmu Ebereham, a bụ́kolele ọhi n'aka badnụ ọbula. Ndaa kpa ị naakaa nụ a jeenwernu ẹhni aị?”
34 Jizọsi sarụ be, “Me kanụ anụ ezi ọka, nye ọbula ke neeme mmehie bụ ọhi ke mmehie. 35 Ọhi zá naadazịgidne n'ọro tim tọm, kọvu nnwọ nwe ọro ọkwnukokwnu. 36 Ọ bụru nụ Nnwọ jeeme anụ nwernu ẹhni anụ, anụ jeenwernu ẹhni anụ n'ezi. 37 M magwụ m nụ anụ bụ rụmu Ebereham, kọvu anụ noopio o gbu m, kwnornu nụ anụ kwége ikwu-ọnu m. 38 M naakanụ anụ nhne Nda m gesiri m, kọvu anụ neeme nhne nda anụ kannụ anụ.”
39 Be sarụ a, “Ebereham bụ nda aị.”
Jizọsi kanụ be, “Ọ bụru nụ Ebereham bụ nda anụ n'ezi, anụ jọornu ẹrnu Ebereham rnụrnu. 40 Nhne me mernu bụ ọ kanụ anụ ezi ọka me nụrnu n'ọnu Chiokike, anụ noopio o gbu m. Ebereham méne kpam. 41 Anụ neeme nhne anụ nda anụ mernu.”
Be kaa, “Chiokike bụ Nda a nwernu kpọi. A bụ́o rụmu ọyi.”
Rụmu ke Ekwensu
42 Jizọsi kanụ be, “Ọ bụru nụ Chiokike bụ Nda anụ n'ezi, anụ znernu ọwhnu m n'anya, kwnornu nụ m hi m hne Chiokike zị whụya, va hna. M váge m nụ rikne aka ke m, kọvu ya ziyaru m. 43 Nhne mernu anụ ghọ́yage nhne me nookwu, ọ bụ nụ anụ bnóge nsnị n'ikwu-ọnu m. 44 Anụ bụ rụmu nda anụ Ekwensu, anụ jọornu ẹrnu nda anụ noopio. Ọ bụ nye noogbu badnụ hite n'ọpanizo. Ọ zị́la n'ezi ọka, kwnornu nụ ezi ọka zá nụ rime a. Omen'ẹli a bụ ọ gha aghalaghala, kwnornu nụ o bụ nye aghalaghala nụ nda kpakara aghalaghala. 45 Me nookwunu anụ ezi ọka, kọvu anụ zá neekweru m. 46 Nyele n'esilawụru anụ jaama m ikpe mmehie? Ọ bụru nụ me kanụ anụ ezi ọka, kịni mernu anụ kwége m? 47 Nye ọbula bụ ke Chiokike joobno nsnị ikwu-ọnu Chiokike. Kọvu anụ jóobno nsnị kwnornu nụ anụ bụ́o ele ke Chiokike.”

Chineke okike abiama!!! Chei!!! See as Yorubaman dey teach cathechism in Ibo language. grin grin

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why by nku5: 11:26am On May 10, 2020
omonnakoda:

Two things that is a website with copyright acquired in 2010 not just for Ikwere but many other translations.

Once again do not sidestep the question even if it was written yesterdayAre you saying the Ikwerre introduced Rumu into their bible to spite Ibos?

Nice try wink so bible.com, Google Play and every platform with a url to the Ikwerre bible all agreed to get "copyright in 2010

1 Like

Re: PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why by MetaPhysical: 11:51am On May 10, 2020
Ibo was notorious for intimidating minorities and forcing its language on them. On entering Benin and planting flag for their new Biafra Republic the first instruction to the Edos was to prepare to learn Bible in Igbo. Can you imagine if they had not been pushed out of that territory, Edos would today be speaking and writing in Ibo. It is safe and fair to theorize that similar intimidation of the Ikwerres happened in a past time, particularly that the regional seat of power and administrative authority was in Ibo hands.

The missionaries also helped make Ibo the lingua franca. In their zeal to spread religion and win converts Isuama Ibo was adopted as the language of the bible for natives. All peoples whether Ibo or not in the vicinity or catchment area where modes of dressing and worship was same, the missionaries and the colonialists banded them together under a single authority to ease administration and social order. If there were twenty disparate people and cultures within clusters of similar customs they were not creating twenty kingdoms or administration to address the unique cultures.....instead they dumped them together under a single heirarchy, language and province. The same happened to people in Middle belt lumped under the Zaria Emirate even though they were not Hausas and did not share customs and practices.

Ikwerre might therefore have been a victim of both missionary.colonial expediency as well the Ibo notoriety for intolerance on diversity.
Re: PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why by nku5: 11:54am On May 10, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Ibo was notorious for intimidating minorities and forcing its language on them. On entering Benin and planting flag for their new Biafra Republic the first instruction to the Edos was to prepare to learn Bible in Igbo. Can you imagine if they had not been pushed out of that territory, Edos would today be speaking and writing in Ibo. It is safe and fair to theorize that similar intimidation of the Ikwerres happened in a past time, particularly that the regional seat of power and administrative authority was in Ibo hands.

The missionaries also helped make Ibo the lingua franca. In their zeal to spread religion and win converts Isuama Ibo was adopted as the language of the bible for natives. All peoples whether Ibo or not in the vicinity or catchment area where modes of dressing and worship was same, the missionaries and the colonialists banded them together under a single authority to ease administration and social order. If there were twenty disparate people and cultures within clusters of similar customs they were not creating twenty kingdoms or administration to address the unique cultures.....instead they dumped them together under a single heirarchy, language and province. The same happened to people in Middle belt lumped under the Zaria Emirate even though they were not Hausas and did not share customs and practices.

Ikwerre might therefore have been a victim of both missionary.colonial expediency as well the Ibo notoriety for intolerance on diversity.

When we investigate this rubbish fake gist about Biafrans forcing Benin ppl to learn bible in igbo you will look for another lie to cover the original lie until there are ten pages of lies grin

2 Likes

Re: PORT HARCOURT: Who Changed The Names From Umu To Rumu And Why by MetaPhysical: 12:53pm On May 10, 2020
nku5:

When we investigate this rubbish fake gist about Biafrans forcing Benin ppl to learn bible in igbo you will look for another lie to cover the original lie until there are ten pages of lies grin

Im Yoruba! Facts only.

If i was Ibo i could give false and embellished story....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I’m The Only Candidate That Can Defeat APC –atiku / Temitope Majekodunmi: Why There Are Errors In Leaked EndSARS Report / Imoke To PDP Members: Ben Ayade Was A Mistake, Please Forgive Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.