Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? (3672 Views)

What A Professor Of Theology Thinks About The Islamic Religion. / Islamic Religion Is The Crisis Behind Nigeria. / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by MIKKYIJEGE(m): 6:46am On Oct 16, 2009
it piss me off seeing people in the name of religion.if i may ask do islamic religion support killing?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 9:36pm On Oct 16, 2009
a married man or woman who was caught red handed by 4 witnesses in sexual intercourse with somebody he/she is not married to, when tried and found guilty, without a denial of the offense by calling the wrath of Allah on him/herself, in the fourth swearing, such a person must be stonesd to death. but in the stoning process, he or she can escape death, if a denial of the offense is proclaimed.

in war, killing is permissable.

what about in Christianity; is there a point or an event that permits killing, either as a defense against an agreessor or offensive move towards an evil doer who is determined to kill you?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by bighabit(m): 3:33am On Oct 17, 2009
Islam denounce terrorism,
every detail about a Muslim, circles around unity, peace, knowledge, truth, honesty, kindness, submission to Allah's will, understanding and patience, seeking positive development.

you should understand that we are in a society where everybody wears mask (secret),

so if any action is done without, you can't point those who want to destroy ISLAM.

any Muslim that strongly adhere to the article of faith
http://www.barghouti.com/islam/artfaith.html will not cause destruction,

qur'an 4 vs 29

o ye who believe! eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: but let there be amongst you traffic and trade by mutual good will:
nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you most merciful, no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want you to also understand that there are rules in Islam
so anyone that goes against it will have his or her own punishment,

so if a Muslim kill, it doesn't mean Islam support killing- it means someone has broken the law, and he or she will sure receive his punishment

"is there any reward for doing good other than good"? qur-an 55 vs 60

enjoy the rest of your day

may the peace and blessing of Allah be upon you,

Allah knows best,
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by bighabit(m): 4:30am On Oct 17, 2009
someone was talking about the ibrahamic faith and it support, hmm

we should always try to learn and make research before we post opinions, (A K O- avoid selective judgments)

read this page on Abrahamic faith
http://www.abrahamicfaiths.com/WebArticles/Extremism.htm it is titled: Extremism in Abrahamic Faiths; Its Causes and Cure

knowledge lights the way,

Allah knows best,
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dexmond: 3:12am On Oct 30, 2009
@Olabowale
a married man or woman who was caught red handed by 4 witnesses in sexual intercourse with somebody he/she is not married to, when tried and found guilty, without a denial of the offense by calling the wrath of Allah on him/herself, in the fourth swearing, such a person must be stonesd to death. but in the stoning process, he or she can escape death, if a denial of the offense is proclaimed.

what about in Christianity; is there a point or an event that permits killing, either as a defense against an agreessor or offensive move towards an evil doer who is determined to kill you?

Can you show me where it is in your quran?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 1:45pm On Oct 30, 2009
@dexmond; please dont write that tiny for me to read. i am an old man but dont wear glasses, yet.

The Flogging Punishment In Islam for Fornication
Posted by: Admin on: April 10, 2009

In: Islam| My writings| Quran| Religion| Women's IssuesComment!
Allah Almighty says in the Quran:

“The fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allaah, if you believe in Allaah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment” [al-Noor 24:2]

“And those who accuse chaste women and then do not produce four witnesses – lash them with eighty lashes and do not accept from them testimony ever after. And those are the defiantly disobedient, ” [An-Noor 24:4]

Hudd punishment – The fixed punishment – is prescribed by Allah for those acts which Allah has made haram and this punishment is by hitting or by killing.
The fixed punishment for fornication (consensual sexual intercourse between two persons not married to each other ) is flogging a 100 strikes. As for adultery ( voluntary sexual intercourse between a married man and someone other than his wife or between a married woman and someone other than her husband) – the married person would be stoned to death as commanded by Prophet Muhammad (s)
The punishment is applicable when the man has coitus with the woman. Any relationship not inclusive of coitus does not mandate the prescribed fixed punishment.
The punishment is applicable when the act of coitus is witnessed by four male adults who are muslim, sensible, just and free and who testify in the court. Seeing two people together or nude or in some inappropriate position does not mandate the hudd punishment unless the act of coitus is eye witnessed.
The punishment is also applicable if the fornicator or the fornicatress confesses to his or her crime four times.
100 flogs can be inflicted in one day or over a period of days depending on the health of the one being punished.
No judge can increase or decrease the punishment

Punishment has to be delivered publicly in front of a small group of Muslims – minimum three and maximum 1000 Muslims should witness this event.
Flogging should be inflicted with a leather whip which is neither totally new nor very old. Flogging with a stick is not allowed
Flogging should be on the fleshy part of the body only affecting the skin and avoiding the head and the sensitive areas. Flogging has to spread over – and should not be done in one place so as to make the flesh come out.
A man is flogged in a standing position while a woman should be flogged in a sitting position.

Ibn Mas’ood said: It is not prescribed in our religion to make the offender lie down or to tie him up or remove his clothing. The companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) flogged offenders but there is no report that any of them made the offender lie down or tied him up or removed his clothing. (Islam QA)No one should carry out the hadd punishments without the permission of the ruler. If there is no ruler who rules according to sharee’ah then it is not permissible for the ordinary people to carry out the hadd punishments. Whoever does that is sinning, because carrying out the hadd punishments requires examining the matter and requires shar’i knowledge in order to know the conditions of proof. (Islam QA)
Accepting this punishment is conditional to Emaan – If you feel pity for the fornicator or fornicatress - that may lead to not approving the flogging punishment then you don’t believe in Allah and the Akhira ( You leave the fold of Islam)

PUNISHMENT OF FORNICATION AS IMPLEMENT BY RASOOL ALLAH (S) AND HIS COMPANIONS
Bukhari :: Book 8 :: Volume 82 :: Hadith 818

Narrated Zaid bin Khalid Al-Jihani:

I heard the Prophet ordering that an unmarried person guilty of illegal sexual intercourse be flogged one-hundred stripes and be exiled for one year. Umar bin Al-Khattab also exiled such a person, and this tradition is still valid.

FLOGGING THE ONE WHO CONFESSES AND LETTING GO THE ONE WHO DENIES THE SIN
Dawud :: Book 38 : Hadith 4423
Narrated Sahl ibn Sa’d:

A man came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and confessed before him that he had committed fornication with a woman whom he named. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) sent for the woman and asked her about it. But she denied that she had committed fornication. So he inflicted the prescribed punishment of flogging on him, and let her go.

FLOGGING WHEN THE SINNER CONFESSES AND DOES NOT RETRACT IT
Malik :: Book 41 : Hadith 41.2.13
Malik related to me from Nafi that Safiyya bint Abi Ubayd informed him that a man who had had intercourse with a virgin slave-girl and made her pregnant was brought to Abu Bakr as-Siddiq. He confessed to fornication, and he was not muhsan. Abu Bakr gave the order and he was flogged with the hadd punishment. Then he was banished to Fadak, (thirty miles from Madina).

Malik spoke about a person who confessed to fornication and then retracted it and said, “I didn’t do it. I said that for such-and-such a reason,” and he mentioned the reason. Malik said, “That is accepted from him and the hadd is not imposed on him. That is because the hadd is what is for Allah, and it is only applied by one of two means, either by a clear proof which establishes guilt or by a confession which is persisted in so that the hadd is imposed. If someone persists in his confession, the hadd is imposed on him.”

NO FLOGGING PUNISHMENT FOR THE RAPE VICTIM
Malik :: Book 41 : Hadith 41.3.15
Malik related to me from Nafi that a slave was in charge of the slaves in the khumus and he forced a slave-girl among those slaves against her will and had intercourse with her. Umar ibn al-Khattab had him flogged and banished him, and he did not flog the slave-girl because the slave had forced her.

NO FLOGGING IF THE SINNER IS TOO WEAK AND COULD DIE WHILE BEING FLOGGED
Muslim :: Book 17 : Hadith 4224
Abd al-Rahman reported that ‘Ali, while delivering the address said: O people, impose the prescribed punishment upon your slaves, those who are married and those not married, for a slave-woman belonging to Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) had committed adultery, and he committed me to flog her. But she had recently given birth to a child and I was afraid that if I flogged her I might kill her. So I mentioned that to Allah’s Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he said: You have done well.

Sources:

Tafsir Ibn Kathir :Explanation of the prescribed punishment of zina : http://www.tafsir.com/default.asp?sid=24&tid=35488

Islam QA: How to flog? http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/13233/flogging

Who should carry out the hudd punishment for zina? http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/8980/zina

Crime and Punishment in Islam: http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/249/

Explanation of verse 1 and 2 of Surah Noor by Dr.Farhat Hashmi http://farhathashmi.com/dn/Portals/0/audio/explanation/Detailed/taleem-al-quran-05/mp3/Para-18/lesson-05/tqc18-05b.mp3

Tags: Crime, Fornication, Islam, Punishment, Quran, Religion
1 Response to "The Flogging Punishment In Islam for Fornication"
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dexmond: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ Olabowale

You said you are an old man, Well, I appreciate your effort in trying to enlighten us about islam. But you did not show me where the verse of stoning is written in the quran, you only showed me the verse of flogging. Why was something of that magnitude not written?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2009
Killings, Slaughter, floggings is part and parcel of Islam.

To be a good muslim, you must have killings, slaughter, intimidations and deception credited to your account. grin
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by Abuzola(m): 6:18am On Nov 07, 2009
'A party of the people of the scripture (jews and christian) wish to lead you astray, but they shall not lead astray anyone except themselves and they perceive not' Quran 3:69
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dayokanu(m): 7:43am On Nov 07, 2009
A US army doctor of Arabian origin Major Nadal Malik Hasan opened fire on his colleagues at Fort Hood Texas

Hasan allegedly opened fire and killed 11 people on the base

The dead included a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home, a man who quit a furniture company job to join the military about a year ago, a newlywed who had served in Iraq
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2009
A US army doctor of Arabian origin Major Nadal Malik Hasan opened fire on his colleagues at Fort Hood Texas

Hasan allegedly opened fire and killed 11 people on the base

The dead included a pregnant woman who was preparing to return home, a man who quit a furniture company job to join the military about a year ago, a newlywed who had served in Iraq

@Dayokanu :

Thanks for bringing that up. No Muhammedan is sane and they should not be allowed to handle anything. They think with their ass.
When Sadam Hussein was in power, all the so called Muslim world were scared of him including the heart land of Islam Saudi Arabia.
It only takes the might of US to take away the dictaor from power. That psychotic donkey called Hassan is not even an Iraqi and he felt obliged to start killing people. So Killings, Kidnapping and slaughter is part of that deadly cult called Islam.

God have mercy !!!
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dayokanu(m): 11:35pm On Nov 07, 2009
Everyone suddenly went quiet when another islamic terrorist went on rampage killing the same system that raised him
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by reindeer: 12:08am On Nov 08, 2009
Does islam support killing?

hmm, do birds fly?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dayokanu(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2009
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by Abuzola(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2009
'in their hearts is a disease (of doubt and hypocrisy) and Allah has increased their disease. A painful torment is theirs because they used to tell lies (against Allah)' Quran 2:10
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2009
Everyone suddenly went quiet when another islamic terrorist went on rampage killing the same system that raised him

That is the way they are. They have that terrible mindset, thank to their evil Quran.

The only muslim you can trust, is a dead muslim

God have mercy !!! grin
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by Abuzola(m): 8:06pm On Nov 08, 2009
What a mull
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dayokanu(m): 11:03pm On Nov 08, 2009
Where are the people who would condemn this act. I am sure some people are delighted at this
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by 0sisi: 4:34am On Nov 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Where are the people who would condemn this act. I am sure some people are delighted at this

Abuzola prayed extra prayers for Major Hasan's soul (or whatever Muslims have) to get to their paradise of virgins
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by 0sisi: 4:36am On Nov 09, 2009
olabowale:

That is the craziest thing in your sharia.
Do Rapists and adulteres do it in Nkwo Nnewi market that there should be 4 witnesses watching.
What a blood thirsty allah you have.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 6:34am On Nov 09, 2009
thank Allah that the first trimester is over. now osisi can talk, shake off the morning sickness and the many throwing up, wasting the well prepared food.

if normal people who are married were to in front of every market patron sleep with each other, they should be punished for cheapening good sex at a bad inappropriate place.

if those who are not married to each other do the same, they should be punished as appropriate as to either fornication or adultery as regarding the individual participant's marital status.

if it is a rape, then dont you have more than 4 people in the market, where everyone is a witness? Osisi, go relax, because boy boabies are always hard on moms. i know my younger boy was 23 today, and the experience with their mother was typical; shaking the woman to her core.

witnesses in illegal sex swear about what they witness in from of those who were not there to see it. remember it is human that will pronounce judgement on them. now then, when the whole market was the witness, what do you think Nnewi "Eze Ezearo" of Arochukwu:Kanu Oji in his lifetime would have done? There is the whole town in the market; mothers, the respected people of the communities, and of course some men, too.

I wonder if your hatred of Islam allows your inner eye to open up? You sometimes seem to me as if you are struggling to supress any good in you so that you can play the part.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 12:55pm On Nov 09, 2009

@Dayodokun :

All the Islamist are so happy about the killings. All the ones who came out condemning it are all hypocrite. Their evil cult sanction the killings.

All their indoctrinatrion come from their evil Quran.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 12:57pm On Nov 09, 2009
What a mull
@Abuzola:

You are the greatest Islamic mull

Bastard

grin
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by Abuzola(m): 1:02pm On Nov 09, 2009
What a goat
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 1:59pm On Nov 09, 2009
focused123 i hope you will also agree that all christianists are happy when the columbine boys killed their classmates in colorado. from this event, alone, there has been many christianist copycats. how about all the post office killings, and the one that just happened in orlando this past friday? how about all the rapes and the abductions of youn g women in america; all christians, am sure the christianists are happy?

lets leave america alone and go to nigeria; the beheadings and sexual crimes and individual violent acts are just as bad as the community violence of boko haram. no? i hope the christianists are privately happy about these?

too, can play this game, if you dont realise that crime of this nature is woven into the fabric of america and natural to her as hotdog, mom and apple pie!
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 2:36pm On Nov 09, 2009
@Olabowale :

Killings and deception is part and parcel of Islam. Islam is NEVER A RELIGION OF PEACE.

Boko Haram Killings in Nigeria did not come to me as a surprise. They are only practising true Islam.

Boko Haram were waging war against everybody and the war will continue until the following will occur:

1 All humanity will CONVERT to Muhammadan Islam

2 All humanity will SUBMIT and be subject to Muhammadan Islam

3 All humanity will be SLAUGHTERED as long as they are not from among the above two conditions.

This war was declared UNILATERALLY and without provocation.

Boko Haram are actually CLONES of Muhammad because this was exactly what Muhammed did 1,450 years ago.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 2:49pm On Nov 09, 2009
waging war against everybody in a country with at least 50% muslim population shows you that they may not have been fighting for islam, though saying that they are doing so. is just in the same tradition of the nation of islam in usa calling themselves muslims. or you christian calling Jesus God. all of you are wrong and far away from the truth.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by focused123(m): 12:38am On Nov 10, 2009
waging war against everybody in a country with at least 50% muslim population shows you that they may not have been fighting for islam, though saying that they are doing so. is just in the same tradition of the nation of islam in usa calling themselves muslims. or you christian calling Jesus God. all of you are wrong and far away from the truth.

@Olabowale :

Is this part of your Al-Taqiyyah ?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Orisirisi
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by 0sisi: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2009
a little off topic

We know muslims shout allahu akbhar for prayers
They shout it while killing their "enemies"
while decapitating infidels
while blowing up buildings and vehicles

I also hear they shout it during ikwokirikwo, now that is deep, grin can someone verify that claim for me please.
and at what point do they say it?
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by 0sisi: 2:27am On Nov 10, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl, roats-cut.html

Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut
Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire. The outburst came during an hour-long talk Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July.
Colleagues had expected a discussion on a medical issue but were instead given an extremist interpretation of the Koran, which Hasan appeared to believe.

It was the latest in a series of "red flags" about his state of mind that have emerged since the massacre at Fort Hood, America's largest military installation, on Thursday.
Hasan, armed with two handguns including a semi-automatic pistol, walked into a processing centre for soldiers deploying to Iraq and Afghanistan, where he killed 13 and injured more than 30.
Fellow doctors have recounted how they were repeatedly harangued by Hasan about religion and that he openly claimed to be a "Muslim first and American second."
One Army doctor who knew him said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim soldier had stopped fellow officers from filing formal complaints.
Another, Dr Val Finnell, who took a course with him in 2007 at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Maryland, did complain about Hasan's "anti-American rants." He said: "The system is not doing what it's supposed to do. He at least should have been confronted about these beliefs, told to cease and desist, and to shape up or ship out. I really questioned his loyalty."
Selena Coppa, an activist for Iraq Veterans Against the War, said: "This man was a psychiatrist and was working with other psychiatrists every day and they failed to notice how deeply disturbed someone right in their midst was."
One of Hasan's neighbours described how on the day of the massacre, about 9am, he gave her a Koran and told her: "I'm going to do good work for God" before leaving for the base.
A civilian police officer who shot him, bringing the rampage to an end, said Hasan appeared "calm" during the massacre, hiding behind a telephone pole and shooting fellow soldiers in the back as they tried to get away.
"He was firing at people as they were trying to run and hide, said Sgt Mark Todd. "Then he turned and fired a couple of rounds at me. I didn't hear him say a word, he just turned and fired."
Hasan flinched after he was shot and slid down against the pole still clutching his gun, which had a laser sight on it. The officer kicked away the weapon and handcuffed him.
He said: "The guy was breathing, his eyes were blinking. I could tell that he was fading out and he didn't say anything. He was just kind of blinking."
Senator Joe Lieberman, who chairs the US Senate Committee on Homeland Security, said there had been "strong warning signs" that Hasan was an "Islamist extremist".
The committee would ask "whether the Army missed warning signs that should have led them to essentially discharge him, he said. He added: "The US
Army has to have zero tolerance. He should have been gone."
But General George Casey, the Army's Chief of Staff, said it was "speculation" that military authorities failed to pick up on warning signs. "I don't want to say that we missed it," he said.
Asked if military authorities had missed warning signs Gen Casey, the Army's Chief of Staff, added: "We have to go back and look at ourselves ,and ask ourselves the hard questions. Are we doing the right things? We will learn from this.
"It's too early to draw conclusions but we will ask ourselves the hard questions about what we are doing and the changes we should make as a result of this."

was hasan insane or was he just a Muslim?
That is the question
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by olabowale(m): 4:21am On Nov 10, 2009
@focused123; my statement is about nigerian population of muslims. open your minds; the inner eye that it.
Re: Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? by dayokanu(m): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2009
Fort Hood gunman had told US military colleagues that infidels should have their throats cut
Major Nidal Malik Hasan, the gunman who killed 13 at America's Fort Hood military base, once gave a lecture to other doctors in which he said non-believers should be beheaded and have boiling oil poured down their throats.

He also told colleagues at America's top military hospital that non-Muslims were infidels condemned to hell who should be set on fire. The outburst came during an hour-long talk Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, gave on the Koran in front of dozens of other doctors at Walter Reed Army Medical Centre in Washington DC, where he worked for six years before arriving at Fort Hood in July.
Colleagues had expected a discussion on a medical issue but were instead given an extremist interpretation of the Koran, which Hasan appeared to believe

This tells us the main motive of the guy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beating In Islamic School / Dua Al-iftitah: For Recitation Every Night During The Holy Month Of Ramadhan / Alcohol Is The Mother Of All Evils...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.