Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,783 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. (19088 Views)

. / Clinton Again Fingers Extreme Poverty As The Root Cause Of Extremism And Terror / Does Islamic Religion Support Killing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by don33310(m): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2011
In middle east,north africa and even in north nigeria,islamic religion is link with violence and terror. Why?
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by alaper: 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
ALL religions are associated with violence. All through the ages, any religion that did not practise violence sometime in its history, usually dies out. All religions have used violence to "win" and keep converts
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by EvilBrain1(m): 1:42am On Jun 19, 2011
alaper:

ALL religions are associated with violence.  All through the ages, any religion that did not practise violence sometime in its history, usually dies out.  All religions have used violence to "win" and keep converts

True. This may be Islam's time in the sun but the fact is that all religions have to embrace violence in order to grow beyond a certain size. Or to keep from fragmenting into several smaller religions.

It took centuries of blood-letting to establish the current version of christian dogma (the trinity, the divinity of Jesus, the immaculate conception, etc). The catholic church had to chase down and murder thousands of "heretics" over hundreds of years, sometimes wiping out entire cities to do so. Otherwise, there would be hundreds of different types of christianity instead of the few dozen we have today.

The same applies to Islam. The muslims don't like to admit it, but there were several different versions of the koran and hadiths in the early years after the prophet's death. There were different factions each pushing completely different interpretations of the religion. Islam is as it is today because one group manage to kill off and subjugate all the others. Their victory wasn't complete by the way, which is why you have sunnis and shiites today.

Islam is now so large that it naturally changes as it spreads farther away from its source in the same way that languages and cultures change. Of course, it can't change too much because someone might decide that the new version is blasphemous and start cutting heads. Just try publicly reinterpreting the koran in a new way in a country like Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. In Iran, simply admitting to being a member of the Bahai religion (an offshoot of Islam) will earn you an instant death sentence.

Religion needs violence to thrive. Its just a fact of life.

Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by don33310(m): 9:54am On Jun 19, 2011
Then,it will be fair to say the world would have been better without religion.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Sweetnecta: 10:41am On Jun 19, 2011
@Evil brain; « #2 on: Today at 01:42:10 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: alaper on Yesterday at 11:55:11 PM
ALL religions are associated with violence.  All through the ages, any religion that did not practise violence sometime in its history, usually dies out.  All religions have used violence to "win" and keep converts

True. This may be Islam's time in the sun but the fact is that all religions have to embrace violence in order to grow beyond a certain size. Or to keep from fragmenting into several smaller religions.[/Quote]while i ignore everything else i can't but not ignore the bold and put up the following scenario to illustrate why; which one of the two is a violent man: a son was was returning from the office and found a man with a gun against his mother's head, demanding all the cash and jewelries he thinks may be locked up in a secret vault/safe that he was unable to locate. the son happened to be a member of the family of law enforcement agencies and a marksman, an expert in firearms. he yell for the man to drop his gun, but instead the invader turned the gun towards the son. the son in effort to save his mother's life at first now turns to additionally trying to avoid his own being taken first and mother's life will definitely be next. and who knows who will be among the victims before the man is through for the day. what about a future incidences and this may not has been his first time.
with enough adrenalin pumping in his body, he drew his magnum and created a hole in the chest of the coward who would have killed him and his mother and maybe others. which of the two is the violent man? if you say it is the son, then you are correct to tag Islam as a violent religion. if you say the home invader, note that you have pointed you identity of violence away from Islam. it is in human nature to instinctively wants to disallow anyone from taking his life. Islam can't but tell muslims not to be a dead duck, a target for all, including those in his heart and n his brain there is enough brain to destroy nations, simultaneously.

[Quote]It took centuries of blood-letting to establish the current version of christian dogma (the trinity, the divinity of Jesus, the immaculate conception, etc). The catholic church had to chase down and murder thousands of "heretics" over hundreds of years, sometimes wiping out entire cities to do so. Otherwise, there would be hundreds of different types of christianity instead of the few dozen we have today.

The same applies to Islam. The muslims don't like to admit it, but there were several different versions of the koran and hadiths in the early years after the prophet's death. There were different factions each pushing completely different interpretations of the religion. Islam is as it is today because one group manage to kill off and subjugate all the others. Their victory wasn't complete by the way, which is why you have sunnis and shiites today.[/Quote]incdentally, the sunni and shiites use the same Quran. if you know any Quran that s specific to a group and not general to the muslims, show us the Quran and give us the name of the group that uses it. i bold the first to see if you can tell us what the muslims fought others for so that after all the fights they ended up as you say sunni and shiites? please give us a list. an evil brain is a terrible to have. incidentally, even the hadith the shiites study sunnis, and the al bayt hadith is for all, too. shiites and sunni do not disagree except in the position of Ali, and inheritance of Fatima [ra to both] after the passing away of the messenger [as].
funny that you say christianity only has couple of dozens groups. is more than 100 a couple of dozens? nigeria alone has over couple of dozens. you are a very disingenuous soul, at this moment.

[Quote]Islam is now so large that it naturally changes as it spreads farther away from its source in the same way that languages and cultures change. Of course, it can't change too much because someone might decide that the new version is blasphemous and start cutting heads. Just try publicly reinterpreting the koran in a new way in a country like Saudi Arabia and see what happens to you. In Iran, simply admitting to being a member of the Bahai religion (an offshoot of Islam) will earn you an instant death sentence.[/Quote]Muhammad [as] says whoever brings anything new to this our affair [Islam] is not from me. and we saw that the last powerhouse and head of Islam was the othoman kalifah in turkey. it is the non muslims who infiltrated Islam using the ignorance of the ignorant arab leadership to destroy the union deceiving that generation with disbeliever from england named larry nicknamed lawrence of arabia. well. the divide to rule bore the elimination of the kalifa up till date and ushered in at long last the state of Israel, inspired up zionist so that they got their wish.

[Quote]Religion needs violence to thrive. Its just a fact of life.

* 1298072482592.jpg (54.24 KB, 800x750 )[/Quote]the tumbling down of tower 7 to me needs real investigation. i say greed of larry silverstein and others need the violence which they have put up as their trophy in effort to conquer the world under the 'big idea' [oe world order].
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by EvilBrain1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 19, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Evil brain; « #2 on: Today at 01:42:10 AM »while i ignore everything else i can't but not ignore the bold and put up the following scenario to illustrate why; which one of the two is a violent man: a son was was returning from the office and found a man with a gun against his mother's head, <Blah blah blah blah> he drew his magnum and created a hole in the chest of the coward who would have killed him and his mother and maybe others. which of the two is the violent man? if you say it is the son, then you are correct to tag Islam as a violent religion. if you say the home invader, note that you have pointed you identity of violence away from Islam.

I don't  understand what your story has to do with what is being discussed. Did someone try to shoot all the world's muslims when I was asleep? Or their mothers? It sounds to me that you are admitting that Islam is violent and giving excuses for it.

incdentally, the sunni and shiites use the same Quran. if you know any Quran that s specific to a group and not general to the muslims, show us the Quran and give us the name of the group that uses it. i bold the first to see if you can tell us what the muslims fought others for so that after all the fights they ended up as you say sunni and shiites?

I never said sunnis and shiites used different korans. I said there were originally different versions of the koran as well as different groups pushing different interpretations of it. The sunnis and shias would fall under "groups pushing different interpretations". I think you need to go and steudy the history of your religion a bit more.

Muhammad [as] says whoever brings anything new to this our affair [Islam] is not from me. <blah blah> it is the non muslims who infiltrated Islam using the ignorance of the ignorant arab leadership to destroy the union <blah blah blah blah> disbeliever from england named larry nicknamed lawrence of arabia. well. the divide to rule <blah blah> state of Israel, inspired up zionist so that they got their wish.

Again, it looks like you are trying to justify the violence in Islam, therefore admitting my original point.

the tumbling down of tower 7 to me needs real investigation. i say greed of larry silverstein and others need the violence which they have put up as their trophy in effort to conquer the world under the 'big idea' [oe world order].

Wait, wait, are you suggesting that the World Trade Centre wasn't blown up by muslim terrorists? Despite Osama Bin Ladin admitting it on tape? Are you serious? OMG, I can't believe I'm here arguing with a crazy person. I need to find something better to do.

Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:03pm On Jun 19, 2011
alaper:

ALL religions are associated with violence. All through the ages, any religion that did not practise violence sometime in its history, usually dies out. All religions have used violence to "win" and keep converts

True. this is why Pagan religions like African traditional religion are dying out, and the Greek, Roman, etc religions became extinct. and also Pagan religions are not after converts, so we keep losing people. cry cry
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by mazaje(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2011
@ Evil Brain

Pls don't waste your time with Sweetnecta, most of the time he argues like a baby, I hardly ever understand what he is saying. . . .
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by mazaje(m): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2011
Islam is only 1,300 years old, and religions have a definite life-cycle, just like people. If you look at Christianity in 1300 C.E., two words spring to mind: Inquisition and Crusade. Islam will have to changeover the years as well like all the other religions. . . .
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by vedaxcool(m): 7:59am On Jun 21, 2011
Sweetnecta, may ALLAH reward you, as you have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that this irreligious critics of Islam will get a A+ in Ignorance of what Islam is. imagine a fool saying that all religions are violent, but failing to see the violent nature of men, it is this same irreligious cretins that would say survival of the fittest yet they prefer living in the cities rather than in the jungle where their likes belongs. it is indeed clear for the disbelievers of truth to see, yet they close their heart to reasoning.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by alaper: 9:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
Thank Goodness for the internet. I am out of reach!!  These "true believers" would would have used violence on me cool cool  The christians would have burnt me at stake, and the muslims would use suicide bombs grin grin grin  You can even feel the venom in their posts. Habaaaaaa!!!!!  Has anybody noticed that the more irrational the belief, the more angry the believer is when challenged  A yoruba proverb says "You don't count the fingers of a nine- finger man in his presence" He is likely to become violent!!   Counting the fingers, though correct, hits a sore point in his sensibilities.   Maybe we are too down to earth in our challenges lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  We may have disabled people around.   Up Yahweh!!! wink wink
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by divinereal: 12:30am On Jun 22, 2011
All religions are not inherently violent (see[b] Janism[/b]) where pacifism to humans and non humans is the hallmark of the religion. Religions are like sports some as benign as golf while others are massively violent like boxing/wrestling. In my opinion religions with sources in the middle east  appear to be the most violent.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2011
again, Jainis is Pagan. grin grin

actually, a derivent of Hinduism. the Jains dont even harm d smallest of animals. in fact, the most religious of them cover their noses with masks and always look down when the walk, so as not to harm even the smallest of insects accidently.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by divinereal: 2:18pm On Jun 22, 2011
again, Jainis is Pagan.   

actually, a derivent of Hinduism. the Jains dont even harm d smallest of animals. in fact, the most religious of them cover their noses with masks and always look down when the walk, so as not to harm even the smallest of insects accidently.

Pagan 9ja you are spot on. Based on my observations of religions, they tend to reflect the culture and people from where the religion springs from, if the people are an isolated bunch with relatively abundant resources then their religions tend to be relatively nonviolent and peaceful. However, if the people in the region are a warring culture in an area with scarce resources then they tend to be violent dominant religions. This is just my anecdotal analysis. In my opinion, this substantiates the assertion that god/religion is man made as the gods almost always reflects the cultures of the people that created the belief system.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by divinereal: 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2011
Was Islam ever a religion of peace?
Posted by Rafi Aziz
6/18/2011

It has become almost impossible to hear the word Islam without the subsequent words “is a religion of peace”. But is it really? If so, then where is the peace? Luckily people are no longer being fooled by this misnomer. Just because an ideology is claiming to be a religion or an ideology of peace does not suddenly warrant it to be representing peaceful teachings. Everyone has woken up to the fact that Islam is not really a religion of peace and this fact can be easily quantified and demonstrated through the behavior of vast numbers of Muslims. But let us examine whether Islam was a religion of peace during Muhammad’s own lifetime.

From my deep research into Islamic resources and texts, it is clear that there was a time when Islam truly was a religion of peace, but that time was short lived. Yes, in Mecca where Muhammad began preaching, he truly did bring a message of peace and egalitarianism. Muhammad had no choice but to preach peace because anyone wanting to be followed as a Prophet must teach good teachings to get anywhere and be taken seriously. So for five to six years of his early career he brought a religion which could be called that of representing true peace but this quickly changed as Muhammad realized he wasn’t getting any real results being a Prophet. After thirteen years of preaching he could only claim about 150 people who would call him a Prophet. This was a very poor performance and it seems Allah was not the most convincing God ever invented.

Muhammad taught Islam in secret for years, but suddenly, it is claimed, “Allah” told him that the time had come to go public with his message. As one would expect, his public message also was peaceful initially. But as he saw weeks turn into years with only a few followers, his project could only be described as a failure. Muhammad got frustrated and began to insult the gods of the Meccans and their religion. Just like today you see Muslims arrogantly claiming their religion to be better than every other creed and paying no attention to how insulting their words are, similarly Muhammad began to push his religion as being better than the Meccans’ paganism and began to disrespect their culture.

[b]Muslims today would have you believe that the Meccans of the 7th century persecuted Muhammad in order to arouse your sympathy. Do not be fooled by this. This although true, fails to mention why he was persecuted and the reason Muslims can not explain this is because Muslims are unaware of their own history. Let me illustrate my point by analogy. Imagine you turn on the TV today and there is a report of a man with about a hundred followers suddenly coming out publicly in Saudi Arabia claiming that he is God’s true messenger and everyone else is praying to a false God. No one needs to tell you what would happen to him; we already know how peaceful Islam is. Yes, this pseudo-Prophet and his gang of followers would be persecuted but would any Muslim say that it was wrong for them to be persecuted? Then why the double standards? Why is it that when the same thing happens and Muhammad begins insulting Meccan gods, suddenly he is hailed as a hero and a victim. Why do Muslims expect other people to treat Muslims differently and in a more special manner? Did the Meccans not have the right to love and defend the honor of the Gods they worshipped?[/b][color=Black][/color]
After these few years of Muhammad preaching however, the message quickly turned sour and began to be poisoned by messages of hate which are easy to ascertain from the Quran and are a signature testifying to its human origin. They also testify to Muhammad’s frustration for essentially failing to see the success he had hoped to see. The peaceful message Muhammad began with quickly took on a different tone as Muhammad’s followers, now convinced he was the Prophet of God, numbered about 150. Islam quickly turned into a religion of constant quarrels and wars that last to this very day. What kind of peace is this I ask? Muhammad poisoned the Meccan society so much and created such divisions that he was forced into exile. After this point there was unending war and bloodshed. [b]Muslims say all these wars were defensive wars and Muslims were only protecting themselves. Again, this demonstrates how little Muslims have looked at their own historical sources. When you do, it rapidly becomes obvious that most of Muhammad’s battles were offensive and “NOT” defensive. How else do you think Muhammad and his “Ummah” paid for their expenses? Muhammad paid for his and the Ummah’s expenses by looting and stealing from innocent tribes, merchant caravans and peoples. If you do not believe me, as I am sure you will not, take this hadith as an example which explicitly show Muhammad attacking a whole tribe without warning and looting at will: -

Sahih Bukhari Volume 3, Book 46, Number 717:

Narrated Ibn Aun:
…Muhammad had SUDDENLY attacked Bani Mustaliq WITHOUT WARNING while they were heedless and their cattle were being watered at the places of water. Their fighting men were killed and their women and children were taken as captives; the Prophet got Juwairiya on that day. Nafi said that Ibn ‘Umar had told him the above narration and that Ibn ‘Umar was in that army. [/b]
This is exactly the behavior of a warlord, not a Prophet. Muhammad’s career as a Prophet ended very early on as he realized he would have more success as a military leader, using his religion as a way to attract more followers and keeping his followers in line. Disobeying him became a capital offense punished by death and hell-fire. Without any evidence given, Muslim scholars casually assert that all these attacks were done preemptively because the tribe in question was conspiring to fight against the Muslims in the future even though there is no evidence given for this assertion and unfortunately Muslims who want to believe their Prophet was truly peaceful believe this lie without questioning or looking at the facts. Whichever way you look at the hadith above, you see Muhammad attacking an innocent tribe to steal their property and pay for the expenses of his Ummah through looting. Even if this tribe was conspiring against Muslims (there is no evidence that they were), then its still an offensive battle and so Muslims can not say that Muhammad killed people only in self-defense. This is not self defense. Muslims were not attacked here but were the aggressors. So much for peace…

Yes, Muhammad failed as a Prophet and when he migrated to Medina he changed his strategy so he was a Prophet in name but a warlord in action spreading his message through force. Here is a graph which illustrates the failure of Muhammad as a Prophet but his success as a warrior chieftain: -

Constant warfare, constant death and destruction. The biography of Muhammad is filled with murder, violence and hate. I was hard pressed to find anything peaceful in Islam. Almost everything peaceful was only during the first few years of Islam and then it was continual hate and violence. Look at this image made from using only Islamic sources. These are direct quotes, not opinions: -

[b]What people believe to be true matters because it animates them to act on what they believe. When we look around the world and see extreme atrocities being committed by Muslims with no concern for human life, is it any surprise considering that they look to Muhammad’s legacy as their model for living their life? I have demonstrated that Islam never was a religion of peace and any Muslim claiming that it is or was, simply is not aware of their own history and clearly has not done any objective unbiased study of Islam. I would urge Muslims to stop going to biased pro-islamic propaganda websites and look at the original material like the Quran and Hadith themselves. Read the Quran from first page to last in a language that you understand and you will see the unbelievable hate and violence that I saw and quickly realize that it was written by a war mongering man who imposed his ideology on Arabia through force and brutality. Muslims who act like savages are the ones who are actually implementing the true essence of Islam as done by early Muslims and any Muslims who are not acting like savages but behaving like peaceful humans are simply ignoring most of their religion or are unaware of the true barbarity of the early Muslims and Muhammad himself. [/b]
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by newmi(m): 5:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
Because it was given birth to in violence. It takes only the aid of a devil for a man to to take pleasure in seeing others pained and in sorrow the whole jihad concert is simply a religious branded cruelty of unforgiveable selfishness.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Fmarshal360(m): 7:01pm On Jun 22, 2011
Many do not know the causes of the violence,some nothern politician mastermind it because of their political ambition wich they later fail as for nothern nigeria,and for midle east they are fighting for freedom of influence of west in their lives, you can go to some islamic sites to see how west influence their lives.what used to pain someone is people are so much rely on media without considering its' accuracy.if you know america plan over the islamic countries you will ask for forgiveness before raising such a topic.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
divinereal:

Pagan 9ja you are spot on. Based on my observations of religions, they tend to reflect the culture and people from where the religion springs from, if the people are an isolated bunch with relatively abundant resources then their religions tend to be relatively nonviolent and peaceful. However, if the people in the region are a warring culture in an area with scarce resources then they tend to be violent dominant religions. This is just my anecdotal analysis. In my opinion, this substantiates the assertion that god/religion is man made as the gods almost always reflects the cultures of the people that created the belief system.

U r 75% riigh, my friend, but i disagree on d point dat all religions r man-made. u can say dat christianity & islam r man-made because dey hav founders,i.e., jesus n muhammed. but u will notice dat none of the Pagan religions r man-made,i.e., they dont have human founders. even Pagan religions such as Jainism & Budhism, though dey have human founders, r ultimatly derived frm Hinduism, a Pagan source, dat again, has no founder!!!!!! cheesy cheesy

so no wonder islam n christianity always are d troublemakers. after all, they r artificial, man-made. tongue
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2011
divinereal:

It has become almost impossible to hear the word Islam without the subsequent words “is a religion of peace”.

true. because they have 2 kip justifying n proving der innocence. i mean cmon, have u ever heard for e.g., Yorubas say that Orisha is a religion of peace    

wahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by EvilBrain1(m): 3:17am On Jun 23, 2011
Epic post by divinereal. My favoutite part is this:

I would urge Muslims to stop going to biased pro-islamic propaganda websites and look at the original material like the Quran and Hadith themselves. Read the Quran from first page to last in a language that you understand and you will see the unbelievable hate and violence that I saw and quickly realize that it was written by a war mongering man who imposed his ideology on Arabia through force and brutality.

I think if all muslims and christians would take the time to actually sit down to read and understand the scriptures for themselves rather than just swallowing predigested explanations from their imams/pastors, there would be a lot more athiests in the world. Those books make very little sense and they certainly don't say what most people think they say.

That "islam is a religion of peace" stuff is complete bullshiat. The same applies to "God is good". The god of the old testament is one of the most thoroughly evil characters in all of fiction. To me he's second only to Sauron in the Lord of the Rings. If you don't believe me, then read the bible and find out for yourself.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by alaper: 3:53am On Jun 23, 2011
PAGAN  9JA:

again, Jainis is Pagan.  grin grin

divinereal:

All religions are not inherently violent (see[b] Janism[/b]) where pacifism to humans and non humans is the hallmark of the religion. Religions are like sports some as benign as golf while others are massively violent like boxing/wrestling. In my opinion religions with sources in the middle east  appear to be the most violent.

You are quite correct.  But maybe that is why those religions remain in the fringes, and may soon die out.  Only the violent ones are expanding.  I have also noticed that the violent religions are those that have it as part of their tenets a duty to convert others. This goes hand in hand with the belief that those who dont convert are evil and destined for hell! lipsrsealed  This makes it easy for them to rationalise killing people with other beliefs.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by don33310(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
divinereal:

The major religions are from the middle east,christianity,islam,hinduism and judaism but why is islam violent?
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by divinereal: 8:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
The major religions are from the middle east,christianity,islam,hinduism and judaism but why is islam violent?

Yes Judaism, Christianity and Islam are from the Middle East. Judaism and especially Christianity have gone through modernization and reformations (see Protestant Reformation, Enlightenment & Vatican II). The aforementioned belief systems have been reflected upon, vetted, criticized and basically the most violent parts disgarded, separated from government and basically been left toothless. On the other hand, the belief that Islam has of its orthodoxy/quran is that it is the unadulterated word of god/allah and cannot be changed  as it is the ABSOLUTE word of god/allah. Hence, strong believers of the Islamic faiths morality and judgement is based on 7th century belief system from warring desert tribes of the Arabian penninsula. Muslims revere the life of Muhammed and look at him through a warped lens as almost a perfect man.
But in truth he was a Warlord and a womanizer. If he were alive today would be tried by the Hague for genocide, r ape, slavery and War Crimes as would most of the Prophets in the Old Testament/Torah as well. 

All three major Middle Eastern Religions have been very violent at points in time but due to Islams lack of reformation and modernization its the last religion to remain in the dark ages.

Hinduism/Buddhism are from India which I would consider South Asia.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by vedaxcool(m): 10:34am On Jun 24, 2011
I am constrained to refute the self indoctrinated lies that the Ignorant has laid on themselves and the public:

Islam was spread by the sword and is intolerant of other faiths

Many social studies textbooks for students show the image of an Arab horseman carrying a sword in one hand and the Qur’an in the other conquering and forcibly converting. This, though, is not a correct portrayal of history. Islam has always given respect and freedom of religion to all faiths. The Qur’an says: "God forbids you not, with regards to those who fight you not for [your] faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them; for God loveth those who are just." (60:cool Freedom of religion is laid down in the Qur’an itself: "There is no compulsion (or coercion) in the religion (Islam). The right direction is distinctly clear from error". (2:256)

It is the only religion in the world that recognise the freedom of people to maintain their own faith without hindrance.

Christian missionary, T.W. Arnold had this opinion on his study of the question of the spread of Islam: ", Of any organized attempt to force the acceptance of Islam on the non-Muslim population, or of any systematic persecution intended to stamp out the Christian religion, we hear nothing. Had the caliphs chosen to adopt either course of action, they might have swept away Christianity as easily as Ferdinand and Isabella drove Islam out of Spain, or Louis XIV made Protestantism , "

It is a function of Islamic law to protect the privileged status of minorities, and this is why non-Muslim places of worship have flourished all over the Islamic world. History provides many examples of Muslim tolerance towards other faiths: when the caliph Omar entered Jerusalem in the year 634, Islam granted freedom of worship to all religious communities in the city.

Proclaiming to the inhabitants that their lives, and property were safe, and that their places of worship would never be taken from them, he asked the Christian patriarch Sophronius to accompany him on a visit to all the holy places. Islamic law also permits non-Muslim minorities to set up their own courts, which implement family laws drawn up by the minorities themselves. The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether the person is Muslim or not.

Racism is not a part of Islam, the Qur’an speaks only of human equality and how all peoples are equal in the sight of God. "O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All- Aware." (49:13)

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps this is because religion doesn’t dominate everyday life in the West, whereas Islam is considered a 'way of life' for Muslims and they make no division between secular and sacred in their lives. Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock.

NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS, The Qur’an says: "Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. " (Qur’an 2:190)
"If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur’an 8:61)
War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term 'jihad' literally means 'struggle'. Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad. The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner peace.

Islam simply introduced to the world code of conduct during war. IF the disbelievers of truth still refuse guidance, they do so at their expense, only a fool believes you can be moral without God.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by vedaxcool(m): 10:51am On Jun 24, 2011
He who is not merciful to others, will not be treated mercifully. (Muslim, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 42)

Narrated Abu Huraira: A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him, let him finish and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Muslim, Book 2, Number 559 and Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 149)

Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good. (Muslim, Book 32, Number 6270 & Abu Dawood, Book 41, Number 4791)

O[b]nce the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his Companion remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” [/b](Bukhari, Muslim)

Abu Huraira (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.'' It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?'' He said, "One whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil". (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Evil indeed are the words of the ignorant who lies to defame islam, they seek to extinguish the light of ALLAH, Alas, ALLAH perfects it even more, shining brightly so much so the blind is dazzled by it, shining brilliantly the deaf is pleased with it, Shining astoundingly the dumb is speaks of it. Alhamdulilah, ALLAH we are pleased by your light, and from your guidance we pray for the cherished garden: AL janah.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2011
vedaxcool:

He who is not merciful to others, will not be treated mercifully. (Muslim, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 42)

Narrated Abu Huraira: A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him, let him finish and pour a bucket or a tumbler (full) of water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Muslim, Book 2, Number 559 and Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 149)

i did exactly as this unbelieving Bedouin man did, the other day in a mosque and i was chased by shrieking, machete-wielding muslims trying to lynch me in public. wat kind of hipocrites are u u r supposed to make things easier for me. angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by vedaxcool(m): 8:47pm On Jun 24, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

i did exactly as this unbelieving Bedouin man did, the other day in a mosque and i was chased by shrieking, machete-wielding muslims trying to lynch me in public. wat kind of hipocrites are u u r supposed to make things easier for me. angry angry angry angry

haba, are you that foolish? thank goodness you only showed how daft you actually are, how will a mature man with all faculties of thinking working, stoop so low to want to unrinate in a building? You just nailed the coffins of Paganism, since it has made you behave irrationally to the extent of unrinating in a building, do you unrinate in you bedrooms,parlours? well I guess the idols you worship need urine to feel important, but i do advise you, behaving like an animal-goats to be precise grin- is only acceptable within your bedroom, whe you are alone only proves how your paganism has failed you. My 7 year old cousin knows it is wrong unrinating on his bed talkless of urinating deliberatly in the parlor, chie.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by phobic08: 4:28am On Jun 25, 2011
If you dont know what to post,then go sleep instead of writing trash
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by EvilBrain1(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2011
vedaxcool:

haba, are you that foolish? thank goodness you only showed how daft you actually are, how will a mature man with all faculties of thinking working, stoop so low to want to unrinate in a building? You just nailed the coffins of Paganism, since it has made you behave irrationally to the extent of unrinating in a building, do you unrinate in you bedrooms,parlours? well I guess the idols you worship need urine to feel important, but i do advise you, behaving like an animal-goats to be precise grin- is only acceptable within your bedroom, whe you are alone only proves how your paganism has failed you. My 7 year old cousin knows it is wrong unrinating on his bed talkless of urinating deliberatly in the parlor, chie.

You're dodging the issue. Whether he's foolish or animalistic is irrelevant. What matters is his point that many (most?) muslims don't practice what they preach. Should urinating on a building really be a capital offense? What justification do muslims have for trying to lynch anther human being? This kind of nonsense happens all the time and it has to stop.

You can quote flowery verses as long as you like but as long as muslims keep commiting and threatening violent acts, then islam will continue to be known as a violent religion.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by mazaje(m): 8:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
vedaxcool:

I am constrained to refute the self indoctrinated lies that the Ignorant has laid on themselves and the public:

Islam was spread by the sword and is intolerant of other faiths

Many social studies textbooks for students show the image of an Arab horseman carrying a sword in one hand and the Qur’an in the other conquering and forcibly converting. This, though, is not a correct portrayal of history. Islam has always given respect and freedom of religion to all faiths. The Qur’an says: "God forbids you not, with regards to those who fight you not for [your] faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them; for God loveth those who are just." (60:cool Freedom of religion is laid down in the Qur’an itself: "There is no compulsion (or coercion) in the religion (Islam). The right direction is distinctly clear from error". (2:256)

It is the only religion in the world that recognise the freedom of people to maintain their own faith without hindrance.

Christian missionary, T.W. Arnold had this opinion on his study of the question of the spread of Islam: ", Of any organized attempt to force the acceptance of Islam on the non-Muslim population, or of any systematic persecution intended to stamp out the Christian religion, we hear nothing. Had the caliphs chosen to adopt either course of action, they might have swept away Christianity as easily as Ferdinand and Isabella drove Islam out of Spain, or Louis XIV made Protestantism , "

It is a function of Islamic law to protect the privileged status of minorities, and this is why non-Muslim places of worship have flourished all over the Islamic world. History provides many examples of Muslim tolerance towards other faiths: when the caliph Omar entered Jerusalem in the year 634, Islam granted freedom of worship to all religious communities in the city.

Proclaiming to the inhabitants that their lives, and property were safe, and that their places of worship would never be taken from them, he asked the Christian patriarch Sophronius to accompany him on a visit to all the holy places. Islamic law also permits non-Muslim minorities to set up their own courts, which implement family laws drawn up by the minorities themselves. The life and property of all citizens in an Islamic state are considered sacred whether the person is Muslim or not.

Racism is not a part of Islam, the Qur’an speaks only of human equality and how all peoples are equal in the sight of God. "O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly, the most honored of you in God's sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All- Aware." (49:13)

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps this is because religion doesn’t dominate everyday life in the West, whereas Islam is considered a 'way of life' for Muslims and they make no division between secular and sacred in their lives. Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock.

NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS, The Qur’an says: "Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors. " (Qur’an 2:190)
"If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Qur’an 8:61)
War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term 'jihad' literally means 'struggle'. Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad. The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner peace.

Islam simply introduced to the world code of conduct during war. IF the disbelievers of truth still refuse guidance, they do so at their expense, only a fool believes you can be moral without God.

SHUT UP. . . . .Is it not the same Koran and its verses Islamic Jihadist (Boko harm, Alqeada etc) use when fighting for Allah? The Koran says Religion is not by force but the same Koran also says that apostates should be killed, no?. . . .Nonsense. . .
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by daudmomodu: 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2011
My dear, u do not have to shout the gentleman down for carefully explaining in such details. I think u must first respect his scholarship and industry. He has severally referenced the Quran in drawing his conclusions to the effect that islam does not support violence and does not promote it. If u claim otherwise, why don't u show where it is in the Quran? That shows how educated and civil u are. Intellectual postulations must be devoid of blind emotions.
Re: Why Is It That Islamic Religion Is Link With Violence And Terror. by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 26, 2011
Islam is peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

6 Nigerians Among Crane Crash Victims / A Chinese Emperor's Poem About Prophet Muhammad (SAW) / Can A Muslimah Touch A Man She Is Bethrothed To?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.