Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (43602 Views)

Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / The Fake Prophecy About TB Joshua’s Death Is Not From Me - Prophet / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Perfectionist11: 7:24am On Oct 06, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
#11. When med science failed, my dad was healed of stroke.. My next door neighbor was booked for CS until God intervened and doctors didn't have any valid explanation. My miraculous admission. Without any connection, even didn't meet the cutoff of my course, LAW but GRACE took me where my strength and money could. I am a christian and my God works in mysterious ways. Halleluyah!!

Then can you please provide an explanation to the reason why so many people that serve the same God as you..do not receive this miracles..cuz trust me there are people out there with problems much more bigger than yours that serves this God..and still languish in pain & despair..

If its the same God then..he isn't fair..and fairness should be a paramount characteristic of a being as "supreme"as him.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by rosalieene(f): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2016
Roman Catholicism is not a religion. Catholics are Christians. Am out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by atoleybaba(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

OYA EVERYONE VOTE CAPSLOCKED FOR NAIRALAND MEME PRESIDENT... cheesy
there is an explanation for it. And I will tell u. The only explanation is that this is d result of Adam and eve's sin and also the result of man ruling himself with the supervision of Satan the devil...that was why when u were in sec school u normally say d lord's prayer "our father in heaven.....let thy kingdom come" in other words, this is why we pray that God kingdom to come to end this wicked system of things that is been ruled by the wicked one Satan the devil. For more explanation, visit jw.org or ask any Jehovah's witnesses around u for a copy of who really controls the world or good news from God. Or ask them any question and dy will give u reasonable and comprehensive answer
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by RichieDaVinci01(m): 7:39am On Oct 06, 2016
Conscience is the Best Religion!

**Drops Mic**

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by sekem: 7:41am On Oct 06, 2016
rexben:
No religion of the world is created or founded by God. All are manmade.
Come out of every religion and follow Jesus. He is the way to the Father. Religion, not even Christianity can't take you to God.
Christianity presents itself to be presenting God but they can't.
Only Jesus represented God and He asked people to follow His footsteps.
Once again, quit religion

You're funny

Can you even hear yourself speak?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Orikinla(m): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2016
OP is more confused than those he is trying to educate.
You don't know God.
Almighty God JEHOVAH does not need anyone to explain him, because He reveals Himself through His Holy Spirit.
And Almighty God does not need any holy book, pastor, bishop or prophet to reveal Himself to anyone.
And God has made physical appearances on earth in various ways.
Like switching on the light in your room when you almost forgot the time for your early morning devotion.
Like appearing to crippled Muslim girl to heal her.
Like telling another girl with Muslim parents to follow Christians going to evening fellowship on the campus of University of Lagos in Nigeria.

It is best to shut up if you have poor knowledge of a subject than assume that you know it.

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by nanizle(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
#11. When med science failed, my dad was healed of stroke.. My next door neighbor was booked for CS until God intervened and doctors didn't have any valid explanation. My miraculous admission. Without any connection, even didn't meet the cutoff of my course, LAW but GRACE took me where my strength and money could. I am a christian and my God works in mysterious ways. Halleluyah!!

1. People do make full recovery from stroke. Both religious and non-religious folks. So "God" is really not a factor. (I'm sure your dad was giving immediate medical assistance when it initially occurred. If he wasn't, We would most certainly be hearing a different story. But you won't mention that part)
2. CS is really not an "abominable" procedure. A simple online research will enlighten you on why or why not doctors decide on CS and why those decisions can change. Once again, "God" is really not a factor.
3. Did you bother to find out why you gained admission when you scored below the cuttoff? Was it intentional? was it an error at the expense of another more qualified student? (No, you must be one special snowflake out of other religious folks).

So please instead of quickly playing the God card, please ask relevant questions, do some research instead.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oglalasioux(m): 7:59am On Oct 06, 2016
TheBraggg:

So, is your religion the fake one?

Sorry, bro. I kicked off religion more than twenty years ago.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by eodavids(m): 8:05am On Oct 06, 2016
Hahn, which then do you propose to readers of this post of your, otherwise, you could be confusing the gullible the more?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2016
CaraJewel:
But people are also scammed in other areas apart from religion...why isnt there no convincing there...
The biggest scam ever on earth is religion...

An ancient tool of the elders to control the people,

first, they hid God in caves where only appointed people could access the caves, speak to the gods and pass the message to the people. The Cave was sacred and forbidden until some curious and brave men broke that boundary...

later men hid their gods on mountain tops,
from mountain tops to the sky (remember ur bible tales when men began to build tower to reach the sky to discover the mystery of the jewish god Yaweh)

Then the whites decided to hide god in people's delusioned minds, hearts and he is everywhr, all powerful and all knowing..(obvious contradictions in the bible proves otherwise. For example an all knowing God that did not know when the talking walking serpent deceived eve) or an all knowing perfect god regretting he created man acknowledging his mistakes and unknowing nature...

Even Adam and Eve or Noah's family alone populating all race of the world is an insult to human intelligence....

but the power of indoctrination and delusions will never make men reason like humans. people who have reasoned this are merely being human but ur delusions will further convince you that they are demon possessed and evil.

such is religion, a living virus that infects and eat down like a cancer deep down into the human brain providing excuses for everything that seems wrong about their beliefs...

Ever wonder why religion is geographic? mention any location and I can predict ur religion 90% accuracy...

Tell me u from SE and I can tell u are christian.

Tell me u r from Turkey and I can predict u are muslim..

Let men stop being cheap in brain and find out the origin of religion and religious books, read and do your researches about the origin and politics of religion...

cheers and God has told me through his holy prophets to declare that we shall invade Africa and conquer its lands....Their people shall be converted and worship our gods and their children and children of children shall acknowledge our God as the only true God...

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Bimpe29: 8:12am On Oct 06, 2016
Oh boy! you are in for long thing. OYO
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Rexyl(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2016
rexben:
Come out of every religion and follow Jesus. He is the way to the Father. Religion, not even Christianity can't take you to God.

The bottom line is quit religion and follow Christ. He calls on all to follow him, no matter their sins he will wash them clean and make them enter into the right relationship with God. The begotten Son of God indeed calls all people to repentance and to find and walk through the way of salvation. He also calls on all people to be their brothers keeper. What else do people want to know better about God if Jesus is not involved?

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by eodavids(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
plaetton:

But why Jesus?

Why not Mohammed, Buddha, Osiris, Sango, Amadioha, Zoroaster, etc ?
What is unique about Jesus?
What proof do you have of he ever existing in the first place?

Plaeton, plaeton, plaeton, I have called you three times. Are you really an atheist?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by realmindz: 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Even on this thread, religious folks are making religion appear more messy...You see everyone fighting for their various religions and beliefs..

Religion is not even United...

Religion is doing what you were indoctrinated regardless of what is right...

The most difficult thing to do away with is religion, how can u explain it? The first two people u met in the world and people u trusted most indoctrinated you.

from your parents, to your friends, extended family, institutions, neighbours etc it's all religion...obviously it is a cancer that is almost incurable..

A Muslim will defend mohammed no matter what you present against him, likewise christians defending Yaweh no matter what he did...
even though Yaweh hardened Pharaoh's heart to kill egyptian kids and even mauled 42 kids for mocking Elisha or commanded deaths and killings of children women, ethnic cleanser and blood thirsty...
Christians will have an excuse for all these evil, catholics, jehovah witness, deeper life's, Islam etc All will have different excuses for their beliefs and they are always right

that's the power of religion...A deadly cancer

cc winner01

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by EyeHateGod: 8:21am On Oct 06, 2016
Rexyl:

The bottom line is quit religion and follow Christ. He calls on all to follow him, no matter their sins he will wash them clean and make them enter into the right relationship with God. The begotten Son of God indeed calls all people to repentance and to find and walk through the way of salvation. He also calls on all people to be their brothers keeper. What else do people want to know better about God if Jesus is not involved?
Following Christ is A Religion Just as Following Muhammad is!

Christianity is an Abrahamic monotheistic
religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus Christ .

You want to follow Jesus? https://www.nairaland.com/3390660/new-testament-verse-christians-ignore
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by dijas(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2016
hahn:

Halleluyah!

Now, let us meet and replicate this at Igbobi. Since god heals, through you I hope, let us go and heal everyone at Igbobi then LASUTH then OSUTH. No need for anyone to be sick again.

Praise the Lord! cheesy

how do human beings came into existence
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by EyeHateGod: 8:25am On Oct 06, 2016
Orikinla:
You don't know God.
Almighty God JEHOVAH does not need anyone to explain him, because He reveals Himself through His Holy Spirit.
And Almighty God does not need any holy book, pastor, bishop or prophet to reveal Himself to anyone.
Like switching on the light in your room when you almost forgot the time for your early morning devotion.
Like telling another girl with Muslim parents to follow Christians going to evening fellowship on the campus of University of Lagos in Nigeria.

It is best to shut up if you have poor knowledge of a subject than assume that you know it.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Zenlife: 8:31am On Oct 06, 2016
Izonpikin:
The OP in other words is telling us that atheism is the true religion since it actually evades all of what the OP listed... cheesy

Mumu OP.. cheesy cheesy grin

Nope.
Moreso in your words.
You said it.
Your thinking!
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Zenlife: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2016
Izonpikin:
you love weed more than your creator.. grin...

It says a lot about you..

Your line undoubtedly says lil' about you!
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by FakeNEWSevryday: 8:35am On Oct 06, 2016
rexben:
[size=17pt] GOD bless You[/size]

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oglalasioux(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2016
TheBraggg:

So, is your religion the fake one?

Sorry, bro. I don't subscribe to any religion.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by eodavids(m): 8:37am On Oct 06, 2016
Atheism ought not to be preached on this platform.

Seun, Lalasticlala, the other members of MODERATORS, kindly ban atheism here, because what religions could not cure in human societies, atheism won't.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by sidnen: 8:42am On Oct 06, 2016
If GOD starts arresting some people now, you Will see them crying like babies.

I just pray it comes sooner for some b4 it's too late.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
dam007:
. But quinn I suggested an option.. I'm not trying to force Jesus or anything else on you.. I only told you what I feel would really set you into undeniable clarity as to what is and what's not.. you can't know the depth of water till you step into it.. and as to meeting Jesus! smiley it's still one thing I'm thankful for.. you know what it feels like, having those promised assurances come out in reality on a steady! You just try out a couple of these religions... include christianity.. in doing this.. pay full attention to whatever your chosen religion is... follow and see.. as for me, in christ! And him alone.. my everything else is found o! smiley think quinn.. rather Than be told the experience of meeting jesus, muhammad,Buddha or whatever, why not take the plunge!? See which one you can meet!??
I like what you wrote but let me tell you something some people have tried Islam and Christianity and both did not give him any desire result so what else should the person do?keep believing something that is not true
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by NevetsIbot(m): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
Hey! You gained admission for Law? This year?
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Citrula69: 8:45am On Oct 06, 2016
I wonder... has the writer seen his Brains??, heart or any of his organs Of course not. Then why does he believe he has a Brain for instance? Or maybe he probably doesn't...
Pity... Just a typical example of an idle mind being the devil's workshop... #walksaway
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by EyeHateGod: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
sidnen:
If GOD starts arresting some people now, you Will see them crying like babies.

I just pray it comes sooner for some b4 it's too late.
So he Can Arrest some people but ordinary to feed the Poor kids in Africa he can't? grin

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
hahn:
I know what you are thinking, "my religion is the right one!"

Thank you OP. threads like this are quite valuable and needed from time to time. It keeps us on our toes so that we would “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,” 1 Peter 3.15
I am a Roman Catholic so expect all my answers to be informed by that faith. Also along the way I would be making use of a lot of analogies, because they say “faraway is near at hand in images of elsewhere.”

Now I will make a list of your points and try to give a reply to them.
1. Your "holy" book has lots of contradictions
2. You find a hard time explaining your religion to other people
3. Your religion seems to be plagiarized from other older religions
4. You are required to believe without evidence and only faith
5. You have never seen your God
6. Your god's characteristics contradicts itself
7. Your god needs to be worshiped
8. Your god supports slavery, discrimination and genocide
9. No one has ever seen the hell or heaven of your religion
10. There is nowhere in your holy book where your god refers itself as the god of your people
11. You do not know anyone personally that has been healed miraculously by your god
12. Your god always needs money

1. Well, this one is pretty difficult to answer right now except you provide an instance of a seeming contradiction. But one of the most popular is that Jesus cannot be both God and man. This will only be a problem if you believe that the God who made the universe CANNOT enter it whenever and however he wills.

2. Well, at the end of this reply, I just might have shown you I do not have a hard time giving explanations about my belief.

3. Well, the Old Testament of the Christian bible (especially the early books and the Psalms) have a lot of materials that have stories similar to what you will find in ancient Near Eastern writing; Enuma Elish, Epic of Gilgamesh etc. But the OT transformed these stories as the authors were informed by a different faith.

For example there is an ancient Egyptian hymn to the Sun god. It praised the sun and whatnot. But when the bible came along it challenged that view and stated in no equivocal terms that the sun was made.
Here is the summary: you guys say the sun is your God. I say that my God made the sun. How is that for a rebuttal of a damaging idea. It wasn’t so much about plagiarizing just for the sake of it.
At least today you would laugh to death anybody who claims the sun is his/her god. It is more laughable than having an imaginary daddy in the sky.

4. I am not required to believe without evidence. There is evidence that the God who made heaven and earth has indeed come into the world. As John 1.14 states “the word became flesh and dwelt amongst us.” History attests to this fact, even if some deny it was the God of the universe.
Faith has a role to play also. Faith is simply “trust in God.” When you’re in a football match, you trust that your goalie will do all it takes to keep the ball out, and truly when the ball comes he delivers. Do you wait for him to save the ball first before you believe he will save it? Of course not. Trust precedes the event, not the other way around.
We are also required to apply our reason. St. Augustine put it marvelously when he said, “I believe in order to understand; and I understand the better to believe.” Faith and reason are like Jacob Zuma two fingers. grin

5. Well, if everyone demands to see their God, then where is the faith. Before the advent of TV a lot of people live their lives without ever seeing their king, yet they knew they had a king. OP, I have never seen you but I know you are by virtue of what you just posted: your WORKS.
6. There are two quotations I would deal with here because they challenge the most fundamental attributes of God.

The first is from Epicurus
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”

Which is to say that he cannot be omnipotent and omnibenevolent simultaneously. I wonder why people fail to see that most evil in the world is man’s doing. Even the “liberated” atheist think the world would be a better place without God. Really? The most people have been killed by Atheistic regimes in the world, yet they don’t seem to have taken a cue.
To paraphrase Ravi Zacharias, “the total depravity of man is the most empirically demonstrable fact, yet it is the most vehemently resisted.” Have you wondered why that is the case.

The other is from Carl Sagan
“If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants? Why's he constantly repairing and complaining? No, there's one thing the Bible makes clear: The biblical God is a sloppy manufacturer. He's not good at design, he's not good at execution. He'd be out of business, if there was any competition.”

Well, the universe came out just the way he wanted. Man has freewill, and so man messed it up.
He’s good at design. After the creation “God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.” Genesis 1.31. Even modern science attests to that fact.
Think about it for a moment: when you hear that something bad has happened somewhere, which appalls you most? A natural disaster or a man-made disaster?
As far as execution goes, he pulled off the greatest saving mission in history. Even Tom (MI) Cruise will blush. Even the devil was caught unawares, but I digress. And still the mission continues “for from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.” Malachi 1.11. Now how many millennia is that? Talk about execution again?
As for competition, the new atheists are up in arms. Let’s see how they put God out of business.

7. The God I serve doesn’t need my worship for his own sake. He calls me to it for my own sake. He is complete in himself. I can neither add not detract from him any more than I can change the diameter of the earth. My God declares “come let us reason together.” Isaiah 1.18.
Even Jesus declares "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." Luke 19.40
You see now say my God na my paddy. Abeg swerve make I worship jor. grin my God also appreciates some funny comments

8. Well, its unfortunate that some of those things happened in history sanctioned by my God. But here is one thing I can assure you. His promise to Abraham still stands. “and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed,” Genesis 22.18. You see that my God wants to bless ALL nations. Not just some.

9. Well, the martyr Stephen did see heaven when he was being stoned to death. Acts 7.55. Jesus saw hell when he died. 1Peter3.19
But “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him” 1 Corinthians 2.9

10. The God of Abraham has declared that he wants to bless all nations of the earth through Abraham’s descendants, so no stress. He’s the God of all.

11. Well, I can say I have not seen the very spectacular type that you would like to see, but miracles do happen daily. Hey! You woke up this morning. The fact that it is commonplace doesn’t mean you should trivialize it. Just open your eyes and see. You really need to leave behind this Hollywood mentality. If you’re interested in exploring the topic a little further check out this post I found https://orjichidi./2013/09/11/become-a-miracle/

12. The God I serve doesn’t need your money. He is the owner of the universe, so how can he need money. But the community of God’s people needs money to do what money can do. “The earth is the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Psalm 24.1

May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with us all. Remain blessed OP.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by favouryemmy: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Repent and give your life to Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. Obey God's word that He has given to us through the Bible.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by oglalasioux(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Orikinla:
You don't know God.

But your god desperately needs money; lots of money. The pastors tell us every Sunday how god is angry that we are not paying tithes and how miserable our lives will be if we don't. Your all powerful god desperately needs someone to worship and obey him. If you don't you burn in hell. He asked Samuel to exterminate a whole nation including nursing mothers and their babies. Please check this your god very well because he has issues

Or;

The idea of god or gods is a scam.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Zenlife: 8:48am On Oct 06, 2016
Orikinla:
You don't know God.

And this fella said or announced to you or others that he is God?
Even just to indulge you, assuming he did, which 'he'(whoever that is) didn't, you if present may likely be the first to cast the first stone of skepticism, of doubt, of distrust, of disbelief.

Speak not that which is not proven or truth as fact.
It's best to not speak and have people take you for a fool, than speak and prove them right.
Re: How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 06, 2016
Kebabs:
This thread is obviously targeted at christianity.
There are some issues beyond human comprehension.
Satan was and is a 'smooth talker.'
so like someone earlier said, OP, live and let live, Unless u harbour a doubt.
Can you please tell Christians to stop disturbing my peace inside the bus since its live and let live

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Bishop Tom Samson: Why I Use The Most Exotic Cars In The World / "World To End On July 29" – Conspiracy Theorists Claim / Winners Chapel Pastor Turned Babalawo: The Devil Lied To You And You Believed It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.