Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,060 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Save Me!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Save Me!! (4246 Views)

HELP Save Me From Mindboggling BOREDOM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 2:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*prologue*

"You are nothing but a failure... I am not even sure I am your father. I can't imagine spending my money on a fool like you. Is this how you will pay me for my labour on you...? Your younger sister has gotten admission already and here you are, still writing jamb, for the second time now. Get out of my room you bastard!"
Joseph opened his eyes. It was this dream again. Its year 2016. For heaven's sake this dream had haunted him close to 14years. Was he really a failure? He knew he was a bastard, at least his mother didn't deny his father's accusation when he brought it up, instead she unleashed heavy tears
"Yes what is it? He barked at the hostess who shook him out of his daydreaming.
"Erhmm... Could you please fasten your seatbelt... We will be landing in few minutes." She replied him with a smile and walked away.
Damn it!!! why would she smile and leave him guilt stricken for shouting at her, he said to himself while he hurriedly fastened his seatbelt and almost immediately let out a soft groan, as the devil inside of him said..."Welcome back to Nigeria...!!"
--------------------------------
"Am sorry Jadesola, I can't do this anymore. Dating you was a mistake I regret for the rest of my life. I can't continue lying to myself... Am sorry!"
Her eyes flickered, and the first thing she saw was the clock in her office. "Its 4:30pm already!" She exclaimed and lazily stood up to her feet, stretched her body and went over to sit on her office chair.
This is the first time in five years that she is having this dream. Why? At least not when she is finally getting over it. Is she going to relapse again...?
I need to speak to my mentor today, she concluded. Just then she jumped on her feet and almost ran out of her office. She stopped, picked her bag, then hurried out of her office.

©Doctorlash(MOIM)
P.s: feel free to repost on any social media..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
*SAVE ME!!!*
*Episode one*

Laughter can conceal a heavy heart,
But when the laughter ends, the grief remains...
-proverbs 14:13
......….....................................
Smridu... Joseph said to the cab driver.
Erhmm... Where is that sir? Asked the confused old man who doubled as the cab driver, Joseph was confused. He thought all cab drivers should know one of the popular hotels (at least Google said so).
"Okay do you know any hotel along this airport road? I am tired and I need rest". He concluded as he dropped his travelling bag into the boot.
Smiling with his almost burnt teeth, the driver entered the car and asked "Is it the expensive ones or average sir ?" Only God knows what the old man has been consuming, but from a wide guess I would say it was tobacco. After all, the blacks copy everything about the white from their skimpy dressing to their intake of alcohol, Joseph thought in his mind and then replied " the average one will be okay, but I would have preferred if you take me to Smridu , 39, Adekunle Fajuyi Way, GRA Ikeja" He read out from his Itel Inote.
"Ohh!! Simiridu! that hotel... I know the place sir!" The old man exclaimed with a jolt, as if he just remembered where he kept his money after a long period of searching.
The driver ignited the car engine and it roared alive. He sped off with Joseph thanking his stars the cab is not as old as the man. He wondered what the old man probably in his late sixties was still doing driving a cab all around. And his mind dwindled back to his primary school days...
--------------------------
Why are you so old and still driving a bike? young Joseph asked with curiosity all over his face. His mother had stopped the bikeman and given the direction of his school to the old man driving the motorcycle, "Saint Anthony nursery and primary school" she said. "Don't mind him sir, he is very outspoken, I apologise for his rudeness" she added.
The man smiled and bent his motorcycle for the young elated boy to climb and sit.
Joseph could not just wait to get to school, it's the first day of resumption, and the same day he will get to know if he was going to be the senior prefect or not. "Nobody can contend that position with me in this school" he had told his two jolly friends.
Talking about his two jolly friends- John and James, they were referred to as the three musketeers. Excellent and very intelligent lads and equally rascals, as their teachers always find a way of not pitching them together in class if he or she wants to enjoy a good term for that session.
"Here he comes". James was the first to sight him as he alighted from the motorcycle and bade the oldman goodbye. Well, not after some few minutes of advise "read your book and you won't be struggling at your old age like me" Joseph told his friends mimicking the old man words.
"I was the first to get to school" John the seemingly reserved boy among the three of them said, he was always known for his punctuality because his father who works as a bank manager drops him in school on his way to work.
"Welcome back to school boys and to the lovely sound of my good friend kanako" Mr Femi said, making the boys turn around amidst their discussion about their plans for the term and who the various prefect positions would be given to. They smiled at Mr Femi's statement knowing fully well that his good friend "kanako" referred to his long cane which he uses on the stubborn kids and will soon be their turn because he is going to be their Classteacher.
"The name of the senior girl will be Omoboriola Funmilayo" the headmistress said with smiles on her lips. Why won't she laugh when her daughter has just been given the position of the senior girl. The classy Funmi as her friends call her catwalked to the front amidst clapping from the students who had gathered in the school auditorium to witness their first assembly of the session. James who was the most notorious among the three and the only one standing beside Joseph because John had been called out as the punctuality prefect, pinched Joseph and the boy eyed him with anger bodly written on his face.
"Jossy, finally your crush is now the senior girl" he whispered into Joseph's ears. And just before Joseph could respond, James practically ran outside because his name had just been mentioned as the assistant senior boy. And finally Joseph too was called forward as the senior boy. No one was surprised, he was always known to be the best person for the position.
As he walked up to the podium, he suddenly became scared and nervous as he saw his bestfriend whisper something to the ears of the senior girl.
"What could he have said to her" he thought within himself, with his face betraying his emotions...

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to post on all social media
#comments and critics are welcomed#

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 3:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
feel free to read and comment.. I post both the prologue and episode one for a starter... other episodes will be post every night... before 12am... sit back relax and enjoy the suspense and the lessons from the story.. trust its my first story and I put my best into it...
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode two*

Many will say they are loyal friends
But who can find one who is truly reliable
-prov 20:6

------------------------------
"I will be there in few minutes, am very sorry dearie." Jadesola managed to mutter, she has just broken her first rule "never fail to make an appointment". Here she finds herself on the way to Smridu hotel to meet her friend...
She called a taxi and in few minutes she was standing in front of the hotel.
"What is your room number please?" She said as she walked to the gate.
"Room 108, please." The voice on the phone replied.
It didn't take her few minutes to find her Friend's room because she had been there before (on an annoying date with her ex-fiancee).
She knocked and her friend's cousin opened the door, and as she took a step inside the well decorated and exquisitely designed room. "I wonder if the interior decorator had been a French or a Spanish because this room is definitely not a Nigerian idea", she thought.
"I missed you love" Eunice managed to mutter while almost strangling though hugging her friend.
"I thought you were not going to come anymore, after waiting for over an hour I decided to go to the airport alone and...", she said with a tone of disappointment
"Am sorry...though I know its not worth the excuse, I ac-tually slept off", Jadesola let out before her "well known for her ability to hold your hand and hammer the nails into it" friend crucifies her for not making it to the hotel to accompany her in picking her cousin who is getting wedded the coming week.
"Honey pie don't tell me you are still on Bolaji's case... . Cos I thought you have moved on" Eunice said to her friend with her two hands on her waist.
Taking a deep sigh. Jadesola thought maybe she should let out what has been happening to her all day or face the major reason why she is here... Anyway she chose the later.
"Eunice!!" she said with a questioning look. You haven't even introduced your cousin to me yet. She said turning to see the only seemingly third party in the room.
"Am very sorry boss", eyeing her coldly though in a jovial mood. Meet my most annoying but lovely cousin Funmilayo. And Funmilayo meet my best friend Jadesola. She did a quick introduction while Jadesola in turn offered a handshake only for the both of them to discover Funmilayo hadn't heard a thing they had been saying.
The two ladies laughed at themselves for the little drama. And then Eunice said... "Does this remind you of someone?" Jadesola looked up to the ceiling in a thinking mode. And with a naughty grin...
--------------------------------
Mozambique hall please" Jadesola said smiling sheepishly to the town gboro bus driver as it is fondly called.
Yes! after many pleas and persuasion to her dad, she had forfeited her admission to Unilag to study law for her admission to Obafemi Awolowo University. To her there is absolutely no other school she would want to attend in this country if its not Great Ife.
And here she is standing in front of the school of her dreams, carrying one big luggage and a Ghana must go bag containing her foodstuffs and her utensils. Unlike many girls, she loves to cook.
Still smiling as she boarded the bus after the conductor has helped her with her stuffs, she met another lady in the bus, and she being the jovial and friendly type said "Hi, am Jadesola, are you new here? cos am new too and am going to Mozambique hall..." She held out her hand, only to see the girl raise her head and say "Can I help you?". It then dawned on her that the girl had an earpiece on her ears all along and had not heard a thing she said.
"I was just saying hi", she said and tried to force a smile. Well that was her first impression of Gloria. Or let me say her first impression of the school. She was no more in secondary school and why has her six month experience in Unilag not taught her that? Well, she had been optimistic that OAU is a lot better. And here she had a snob already on her first day in school...
The bus became full in a few minutes and she started her second journey through the gate of OAU. The first time had been when she came for her postutme and the only thing that took her away from her thought was the driver saying anglomoz!! She looked right and left... People started alighting from the bus, she carried her load, and in few seconds, fellowship members, well she recognised them with the tag hanging from their neck, ran towards her to help her with her load. She got to the portal and checked in. M103 was the room allocated to her...
Like a coke that just escaped the torment of the freezer she gave a deep sigh and made her way to her new room following the fellowship guys who helped her with her load. When they got to her room... She thanked them but only after they gave her the complimentary card and introduced themselves as brother Segun, brother Peters and sister Wunmi. The three of them, from the Redeemed Christian Fellowship.
We will be holding a tutorial for freshers at ODLT2 this evening by 4pm, sister Wunmi finally said. It is free dear. She added when she saw the shrug on her face then they left...
"I love RCF." A tiny but melodious voice said which made Jadesola turned to see who owned the voice, but the sight she beheld was just too good to be true...
"I am Adebori Eunice Jolaade and you are?" asking an obvious question, Jadesola did a little introduction of herself and like the biblical David and Jonathan, this duo hit off their friendship, they gisted about their journey to Ife and their various reasons for choosing the popular university. Jadesola being a good orator narrated her story so well to the amazement of her new friend. But just when she got to the part of where she met a "snub" on the bus that conveyed her to her hall, she raised up her head only to be confronted by the very person she was talking about.
The look on her face made Eunice turn around, and screamed " Omobolanle!!, babe when did you arrive?"
And not allowing her guest to answer to the question, she faced Jadesola, who was having the "I hope she didn't hear what I said about her" look on her face, and said "meet my bestie, Akinduwo Omobolanle Janet a.k.a four eyes"..
"Its nice meeting you again, and sorry for my reaction on the bus earlier" she said with a smile that could smoulder a live chicken, offering Jadesola her hand.
"Its nothing anyway, its a pleasure knowing you too". Jadesola said taking the handshake.
"By the way, Jolaade ain't you ready for the tutorial yet? I thought you told me it was scheduled to hold by 4pm, that is why I rushed back from town where I was enjoying myself with my so naughty brother" she said trying to crack a not-so a joke in a serious tone.
Erhmm... Yes we are just getting ready, and by the way its just 3:30pm just relax while we dress up. Eunice(Jolaade) said with a grin on her face, her so serious friend has come to spoil her fun as usual.
The girls dressed up and were soon on their way to their tutorial class, they decided to walk it down to the academic area instead of taking a bus. Bolanle who was a student of Medical Rehabilitation stopped at the famous White House for her own tutorial class, while the duo who were both in English language moved further towards Oduduwa lecture theatre pupularly known as ODLT for their tutorial class...
And just as they were about to cross the road, Jadesola saw something that changed her life forever....

To be continued in episode 3
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to post on any social media

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode three*

As dead flies cause even a bottle of perfume to stink
So a great foolishness spoils great wisdom and honor..
-Ecclesiastes 10:1
--------------------------------------------
"Black plus pale green plus white or you could go for yellow plus orange and tangerine..." She said lifting her head from the book in her hand.
"Eunice, I can go on and on listing various color combination for you, but you have to tell me what you want" she said facing Funmilayo, who seems confused as to which colour to pick. Her wedding is just a week away and she hasn't decided which colour to be used for her reception party.
" Erhm... Jade, please don't be offended ohh" she said trying not to sound foreign with her intonation, "abeg help me pick any color that will match the aso ebi that we showed you earlier", she concluded not wanting to drag the entire color episode further,she has a lot of things on her mind.
"Will you love a ..." She was still saying when she got interrupted by the sound of her ringtone! She immediately picked it seeing the name of the caller.
"Hello sweetheart, how are you, am sorry I have not..."she quickly said before the other person on the line cut her short... "When!?, where!?.... Which hospital!?... OK I am on my way... She managed to say as her hosts watched an epic drama of her countenance changing from a happy mood to a sad mood.
What is wrong...?
Is everything alright...?
Eunice and Funmilayo ask her simultaneously as she drops her phone...
"Busayo had an accident, he is presently in the hospital and he is requesting to see me" she said with a tear almost falling from her eye duct.
So what hospital was he admitted into? Funmilayo asked guessing how important the person must have been to her, considering the way she was gathering her various photo designs in an unorganised fashion.
Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), she muttered trying to concentrate on packing her things together.
"So... I will be on my way, see you guys tomorrow evening" she said as she made her way to the door. Eunice who had quickly visited the rest room shouted "alright love" while Funmi followed her to see her off.
"I hope you will be fine, or do you need company?" Funmi said out of concern as they descended from the stairs and moved towards the main door.
"Nah, I will be fine, I believe the situation is minor", she said will a slight smile on her face.
Luckily for her, a cab was just dropping its passenger, she quickly beckoned to it, hugged Funmi, and entered the cab. Just as Funmi was about to enter the main gate,her phone rang, it was her fiancee, she picked it up. At the same minute another cab parked at the gate, and a young man in his late twenties stepped out.
" erhm honey... I will call you back", she hurriedly said as the young man moved towards her, and then like someone trying to find her voice, "Adejola Dare Joseph!!" She said almost screaming.
"Erhm...Yes that is my name, but..." Joseph said stopping abruptly and trying to recollect the face of the lady standing before him..
"Don't tell me you have forgotten my name Jossy!," she said almost looking angry... " Funmilayo Omoboriola" she said amidst smiling while the man standing in front of her suddenly took a step backwards like he was moving away from danger.
"The daughter of Mrs Omoboriola...?" He said with a questioning look. "Oh my God!! he rushed to give her a hug, its been a long time, I can't even recognise you again... I mean you have grown to be such a beautiful woman", he said releasing her from his monetarily hug.
"How did you know I was the one and what are you doing here" he said as she settled down to her seat, the duo had decided to take their reunion to the hotel restaurant after Joseph had dropped his bag in his booked room while Funmi waited for him.
"Well let's just say am a big fan of yours on Facebook and Twitter, ... You just posted a picture of yourself at the Nigerian airport online some few hours ago..." She said as she dropped her drinker.
"Really!! I love taking pictures of myself just to remember the moment", he said trying to munch the few grains of fried rice in his mouth.
"So what are you doing in Smridu...?" She finally asked to break the silence that was engulfing their conversation as they dealt with the plate of fried rice and chicken in front of them.
"I just arrived back into the country, and I can't travel all the way to Ondo tonight, so I decided to sleep over and be on my way tomorrow morning... What about you what brings you to Smridu?" He asked as he cleaned his mouth with his handkerchief.
"Well, am getting married in a week time, and I lodged here in preparation for my wedding..." She said trying to show him her engagement ring.
"This is really good news, am happy for you dear, abeg shebi am invited too naa?", he said as he smiled heartily, "And who is lucky guy anyway?" Catching her unawares with her question. She had thought he would not ask, so she decided to cover up "Well why don't you come over to the wedding next week Saturday to find out" she managed to mutter, praying he would not ask any further questions.
"Okay, I will make sure I check you in your room before the evening runs out to get the wedding invitation card" he said standing up. He was done with his meal and he needed to rest, she also stood up as they both walked down to her room gisting about other things in their life.
"You know...it could have been you" She said as they got to her door.
"Am not sure it would have worked out between us Funmi", he said smiling as he remembered the event that led to that statement...
--------------------------
"Yes!! I caught you today!!" She said jumping out of her hiding place, to the shock of Joseph who would have taken to his heels if not for the heavy backpack he was carrying.
"So why have you been avoiding me since resumption?", she asked him while Joseph stood there staring at her not knowing what and how to react to what she had said. Well it was true he had been avoiding her, after his best friend spilled the beans that she was his long time crush...
"Erhmm,... It.. Is.. Not... That.. That.. Am.. Avoiding you oh.. Its just that.. Erhm... I have been busy with my duties", he managed to say, stammering. Wishing she would just leave him alone and stop this interrogation of hers..
"Lair!!, you have been avoiding me because you are shy, you could have just told me you liked me yourself, instead of asking that your naughty friend to do it for you... Anyway, I like you too" she said smiling and walking towards where he was standing..
"Really!, but I don't ...." He said with a bright smile on his face before she cut him short,..."Be my boyfriend, don't worry nobody will ever find out", she said with a large smile all over her face.
"I am not sure I want to do that... Cant we just ...?"
He replied her trying to sound like the man in the situation. He is being asked out by a girl, "who does that?" He thought in his mind.
"Please..." she said cutting him off before he could finish his statement with her two hands joined together in a pleading manner.
"Alright, I have heard you" He said knowing that was the only way he could make it out alive from the situation. And just immediately he said that she screamed, ran to him and gave him a kiss on his lips.
Gbam! Gbam!, followed by screams and... "you are mad, why did I even like you in the first place, you slapped me!" It was Funmi's words holding her cheek after she was given two hot slaps on her cheek.
"Am sorry! ... I didn't mean to do that,... It was just..." Joseph tried to explain to her, but it was too late she was already running home crying and cursing at him. Why did he do that?, the poor girl had only made an attempt to kiss him, and he had acted on impulse by slapping her, it doesn't make sense, why would he slap her...? He knew he was in a bigger trouble as he walked down home.
.....…....
"You shouldn't have slapped her...!" James shouted at his friend, his eyes was bloodshot looking like he was ready to pounce on him.
"Haven't you been been listening to me? I said it was a mistake I didn't mean to..." She said trying to convince his best friend who had stormed into his house fifteen minutes earlier demanding for the reason why he made Funmilayo cry.
"Whatever the reason might be, you shouldn't have slapped her." Maintaining his position.
"And why is this your problem by the way? were you not the one who caused the whole problem... I don't even like her." He said as he made his way to the door, "You think I don't know you were the one having crush on her, and you were too shy to admit it...?" he quickly added as he opened the door to meet the trouble he has been waiting for all day
"Mrs Omoboriola!" he said in almost a whisper...

To be continued in episode 4

©Doctorlash(MOIM)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
I feel so discouraged posting the rest of the story.. no comment from readers... its like the story is just dere... nobody say anythg about it....nawa

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by nimat158(f): 9:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
doctorlash:
I feel so discouraged posting the rest of the story.. no comment from readers... its like the story is just dere... nobody say anythg about it....nawa
nairalanders are stubborn,bt dis story is fantastic sha.
Re: Save Me!! by bibijay123(f): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
doctorlash:

Doctorflash? U did not call us nau, just saw it now. Following! Good job!

Cc
Skarlett
Jaguguli88
Dominique
Veekid
Crazygod
Aitee1
Anugod
Johnwizey
Mhiz
Thesociopath
Sotozo
Yorhmienerd
Olabantu
Justicextian
Talius

Food is ready

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Save Me!! by nastynic(m): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
hhmmm! Yummy more update please
Re: Save Me!! by Anugod(f): 4:12am On Oct 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Cc
Skarlett
Jaguguli88
Dominique
Veekid
Crazygod
Aitee1
Anugod
Johnwizey
Mhiz
Thesociopath
Sotozo
Yorhmienerd
Olabantu
Justicextian
Talius

Food is ready
Ahh, food don done. Make I siddon for front row sharp sharp. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 5:09am On Oct 05, 2016
am sorry for not calling... am quite a first timer here, this is my first story.... thanks guys... now am feeling elated...m sorry ahead for the suspense you will be facing...
Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Cc
Skarle.tt
Jagu.guli88
Domin.ique
Vee.kid
Craz.ygod
Aitee.1
Anu.god
John.wizey
M.hiz
Thesociop.ath
Sot.ozo
Yorhm.ienerd
Olab.antu
Justic.extian
Taliu
s

Food is ready

Present ma! Doctorlash don't feel bad dear its like that sometimes.

I'm now following smiley

2 Likes

Re: Save Me!! by johnwizey: 7:23am On Oct 05, 2016
bibijay123:

Cc
Skarlett
Jaguguli88
Dominique
Veekid
Crazygod
Aitee1
Anugod
Johnwizey
Mhiz
Thesociopath
Sotozo
Yorhmienerd
Olabantu
Justicextian
Talius

Food is ready
OP you for mention sum peeps that will mention anoda peeps that will nw mention anoda peeps that will mention us. If nt for dis mention nw, i wouldnt av known

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Anugod:
Ahh, food don done. Make I siddon for front row sharp sharp. cheesy

Make I sit next to you now. Thanks bibi

johnwizey:
OP you for mention sum peeps that will mention anoda peeps that will nw mention anoda peeps that will mention us. If nt for dis mention nw, i wouldnt av known

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode four*

Like the finest apple tree in the orchard is my lover among other young men. I sit in his delightful shade and taste his delicious fruit. He escorts me to the banquet hall; its obvious how much he loves me...
-Song of Solomon 2:3-4
"Lord help me..." She made a cross sign, though she never attended a catholic church, that was her usual mode of relieving her nervousness. She walked into the big hall, very uncomfortable in the blue cord lace material mini gown she wore. "Why on earth did I allow Bolanle convince me to wear this annoying gown, I cant even walk properly in it", she said while trying to pull the gown to her knees for the umpteenth time. She walked slowly into the hall meant for the graduation party organised for Tola her school daughter. The pretty girl had insisted she come for the party. It has been years since she last attended a party.
"At first I thought it was the statue of Mona Lisa, but as I came closer I said to myself, an angel is missing in heaven" Jadesola turned around to see a young dashing man probably in his late twenties wearing a black tux trying to catch her attention with a piece of poetry.
"If you use that line for every lady you meet, you will be the oldest bachelor on earth" she replied while rolling her eyes, *did she just blush no!!, she couldn't resist the smell of his cologne, or maybe it was the wine he was holding that was smelling that nice*
"Does that mean you can't resist my charm?" he said almost reading her mind. "...Are you here for the party?", he added, asking an obvious question.
"Try harder..." she said, and walked towards a seat.
He followed and sat beside her making her wonder why he was so desperate for her attention, or was it the dress she wore?
"I am Toriola Busayo..." he finally said trying to break the few minutes silence between them.
"Wait!!! did you just say Toriola, don't tell me you Tola's elder brother" she said almost knocking off the wine on the table, while she covered her mouth to hide her shock.
Now that was the effect he was scared of having on ladies, but this one was a little bit different, she seemed to know him a bit more closely.
"Erhmm... Have we met before? He managed to say almost stuttering.
"Naa!! I am Tola's school mum" she said smiling and feeling light, "oh!", he said, "I thought you were one of her numerous old secondary school classmates who are fond of drooling on me", he added in the best cocky way, and seeing the way he disgusted her with her last words, he quickly said "Oh!! That was just a joke... I meant to say am not a... You know...? erhm...", trying to fix the situation..
"Its okay, no offence taken", she said and then motioned for a glass of wine from the party waiters, and turned to continue her conversation, just immediately Busayo's phone rang. "Excuse me please I must pick this" he said and practically ran out the hall.
"What have you done to my brother?" She jolted back in shock only to face her lovely school daughter clad in purple Ankara materia long gown with long strip or maybe a divide from the toe to the knee to give her free movement...
"Oh honeypie, you look so beautiful..." She said standing up to give her a motherly hug. Then duo took their sit, with Tola sitting on the same chair her brother had sat on earlier.
"So tell me what were you two talking about, or how did you two meet, hmmh, no! Erhmm what did he say too?" She said in a gossiping manner. The scene looked like two friends gossiping about a neighbour whose husband had just arrived drunk.
"Calm down love, he just walked up to me and started a conversation", she said feigning ignorance to what Tola was insinuating.
"That is too impossible... Broda mi has never spoken to a lady in public for over five years...", she said demonstrating her every word with her hands like a deaf and dumb student instructor. Just then, her name was called by the master of ceremony to come up stage. The party was about to start, the mother and daughter had to suspend their "gossip" and walk down to the front while Jadesola sat closer to the front seats that had been reserved for special guests.
"Hello! Yes... Its Jadesola speaking... Busayo?... Erhmm, oh!!..." she turned to look at Tola who was holding her two hands in a pleading manner and whispering "please say yes". "Alright, I should be free around 3pm tomorrow... OK, no problem..." She finally hung the phone and feigned a frowning face as she faced her school daughter..
"Why did you give him my number without telling me?" She said sitting on her bed.
"Well he kept pestering me to give him your number and I had no choice but to give him. More so, that is the first time he would ever show interest in any lady since mummy died", she said avoiding Jadesola's gaze and then quickly added "so what did he say?"
"Well... He asked me out on a date," she said to satisfy her curiosity, took a deep sigh and then spoke her thoughts out loud, "Tola, even if this works out the way you are thinking about it in your head, I might not be able to love your brother."
---------------------------------------
She was right, she never loved him, though they dated for close to three years, she had to break up with him just last week, and he took the break up well.... Why on earth would he have an accident? It was all her fault, she shouldn't have led him on when she knew she couldn't love him.
"Ma, we have arrived at LUTH", the cab driver said waking her from her deep thoughts. She paid him her transport fare and walked into the renowned hospital...
"Intensive care unit, room 4" the nurse at the reception said to her while she murmured a thank you and walked briskly following the direction the nurse gave her.
"How did it happen?" She asked Tola whom she met at the door of the room, Tola had gone out earlier to get some beverages for him.
"Hmmmh!!! He was driving home after work last night around 10:30pm when he dozed off and went off the road to hit a parked 18 seater Honda accord bus...", she tried to explain to her.
"Oh no!" She exclaimed, she knew she was the reason for the accident, each time Busayo had an issue he could not solve or that was beyond his power, he buried himself into work, taking excessive coffee to keep him awake all night. And the only issue she was sure he had over the couple of days was their breakup, even Tola had not gotten over it yet...
"So how is he now?" she managed to ask. She opened the room for her to see him for herself, the sight was not too good, he had bandages over his head, and his left hand was full of bandages too.
She walked up to the sleeping Busayo.
"His friend said he will be alright, the injuries are not life threatening" she said seeing the state of depression and sadness Jadesola was in.
"His friend?" she asked not taking her gaze away from him.
"Yes his childhood friend. He has just been transferred to this hospital some weeks ago and he..." She was trying to say more when the door opened and Jadesola turned to see who came in but she was more shocked than she had been when she saw Busayo's condition..
"You...!!!", she screamed.

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to repost on other social media
#comments and critics are welcome#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode five*

O lord, why do you stand so far away?
Why do you hide when I am in trouble?
-Psalms 10:1
"Should I run or stand and fight these goons?", he thought to himself. Joseph had left the hotel very late, because he could not sleep throughout the night. The annoying dream he had every night kept disturbing him. He had a massive migraine all through the night, and even his pain relievers couldn't save him from the throbbing headache. When he finally slept around 4:30am, thanks to the annoying love telenovela he watched, he woke up very late to the heavy knock on his hotel room door.
When he opened the door, he met a beautiful young lady wearing a loud makeup and an annoying smile. Ohh! he has a big distaste for smiles.
"Your time has expired sir, I came to ask if you would be taking the room for another extra day" she quickly said to the yawning Joseph standing in front of him clad in his customized American flag pyjamas.
"Nope!! I will be leaving in an hour" he said and closed the door not willing to hear anymore of her croaked voice. It really sounded like that of frog to his eardrums, the girl must have sang all night, he concluded and dismissed the thought immediately from his head.
He dragged himself lazily to the bathroom to have a quick shower, though still sleepy.
"Its was just four hours extra, can't you guys forgo it?", he argued with the receptionist after the petite young lady had told him he would have to pay extra money before he could sign out from the hotel.
Amidst grumbling and murmuring, he paid the extra cash and made his way to the gate where he got a cab, "Oshodi, or do you know any other place where I can get a bus going to Ondo town" he had said to the cab driver.
"Hmmh Ojota will be preferable but it might cost you more sir". The cab driver responded trying to convince him though considering his own personal gains too.
How he wished he had not accepted the offer made to him by the cab driver, he had been there for close to two hours, yet the bus was not full.
After spending a total of 3 hours at the bus stop plus paying for the extra one seat remaining to make the journey fast rather than waiting for the person to come for another extra hour, the journey back to his parents' house started.... Well, he soon fell asleep due to his lack of sleep earlier and the hold up at the Redemption camp area along Lagos-Sagamu express road, only to be woken up by the shouts of "Come down!!" Oh no!! his bus was being attacked by armed robbers.
"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want... Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... He that keepeth Israel never sleeps nor slumber". Lying flat on the ground, he muttered some prayers for the first time in three years.
As a trained FBI agent, he slightly raised his head and scanned his chances, "Wow I am lucky", he said to himself. There were only four of them, one of them who seemed like their leader was sitting inside the bus with a small axe in his hands, while the other three were busy searching and ransacking the people lying on the ground if they had any money on them. Luckily for him it was his turn, and the robber who was to search him was holding an AK47 rifle, the other two only had locally made pistols
"Hey!! You stand up, kneel down and raise up your two arms", he was ordered. The unsuspicious robber walked up to him, letting down his guard and searched him. Just as the robber bent to touch his pocket, he disarmed him with the skills only a trained agent could exhibit, with calculated moves he shot at the two other robbers and ran into the bush, he could hear several shots, aimed at him, but he was a fast runner. He ran, fell, stood up and nd kept running. It was dark already and he had nothing on him except his purse. At least he was lucky to have that at the back of his jean trousers.
He finally found his way back to the main road, where he tried to stop some coming vehicles to assist him. But the gun he was holding and his bloody cloth scared them away. He desperately need a ride, and he did not even know where he was, plus the time said 9:30 already. He decided to take the bulls by the horn by walking down the road, maybe he would be lucky to meet a good Samaritan..
"Hello officer, I think you need help", said a beautiful woman probably in her late forties. She looked like a nurse judging from the white dress she was wearing...
"Thanks so much ma, am really grateful".. He said to her when she dropped him in front of his street, Igbo Oja Ondo town.
The woman that picked him was travelling to Ile Oluji so she was definitely a good Samaritan indeed.
"Please make sure you treat that wound so as not to get it infected soldier", she said as she smiled at him and drove away. He had lied to be a soldier who was travelling and his bus got robbed. "Well it is half truth anyway", he said as he walked home without the gun, as he had disposed it immediately he entered the woman's car.
"Its me Dare" he said, after knocking on the door.
"Jesus Christ!! What happened to you?" His mother screamed as she opened the door.
-------------------------
"Hello mum... I was in the kitchen when you called. What!! How? Not again... I told you not to listen or respond to his arguments again... Okay ma, weekend. I will call you before I sleep", she dropped her phone in exasperation as her mind raced back to the information her mother had just related to her. Her dad was just too head strong, he never considered his health whenever he engaged his wife in hot arguments, sometimes on unnecessary matters. The last time which was two months ago, her dad had argued that Donald trump would win the American election coming up in November, while her mother had countered him saying Hillary Clinton was the best candidate for the seat of the world president. They had argued for long hours until her dad had to stop due to his usual attack resulting from high blood pressure... Now it was bring back our girls campaign versus Buhari.
"What a couple", she scoffed. Her mother was a lawyer who had dropped her profession for her passion as a writer, and her dad, a retired lecturer in philosophy.
"I hope he is not going to die this time around", she thought out loud. Just then fear enveloped. But there was little she could do, her mentor was on his way to her place and her roommate, Jibike would arrive from her visit home that very night. Even if she left the key for Jibike, her mentor had called that he was on his way already. It was his first time of visiting her during her service year in Ondo state, and the journey from Sagamu to Ondo was quite a long one. She sighed and resigned to fate.
"Is anyone at home?", she heard a familiar voice. She had been asleep for over an hour, awaiting his arrival.
"I am very sorry sir, I dozed off", she said opening the door for him. Doctor Paul Akinjuwon had been her mentor for close to two years. She had met him at the first semester leaders' retreat. Her spirit had clung to him, and when she walked up to him after his wonderful message. He simply accepted and had since been a blessing to her.
"Erhm give me two minutes sir, let me serve your food", she said while serving him cold bottled water in a tray.
"Oh thank God, can you please switch on the fan" Doctor Paul said, as the Power Holding Company restored the power supply. He had just eaten one of the best meals in his life.
"Dear, I must say you are a good cook, and the man that will marry you is a lucky man", he said smiling. He had taken his seat on the only plastic chair in the room, while Jadesola sat on her bed.
They reminisced on past issues and finally settled on the issue of her family, she opened up on several issues bothering her, amidst the discussion she became emotional, and tears flowed from her eyes.
"I can't loose him just yet, he is just too young to die", she expressed herself, while doctor Paul stood up from his seat and joined her on the bed. She needed a hug and bit of comfort with encouragement he had thought.
As he sat down beside her, he pulled her close to him and pat her back, he found himself doing more than patting as his mind created images.
"He will be alright", he said in almost a whisper as he held her chin with his hand and did the only thing on his mind...
Almost immediately, her door flung opened and the duo were jolted back to reality at what they had done and who had caught them in the "very act"...

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to repost on any social media
#comments and criticisms are welcome#

4 Likes

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
well, I Dont think I would be able to post the story further until am sure people are ready to read the story.. and post comments to make it lively and interesting...
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
Laveda Slimzjoe ChikeAndrew Safarigirl Naijamakossa Tiny23 Smellymouth Davep Kannymoore Diddyydiva Donpoker

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
ClassCaptain , shollarey ( m), Twaci ( f ), LarrySun ( m ), Royver ( m ), TiffanyJ ( f), candy ( f), AudreyTimms( f ), kizzykeziah ( f ), Divepen1 ( m), Ishilove, flow1759 , CharlesNneji1 , Mynd44 , PastorAji ( m), lalasticlala ( m ), farano ( f), philfearon( m), OlufemiAbbey( m ), davidflo ( m), Awho( m ), kinwayne ( m), snakie86 , Therock5555( m ), Coolval222 ( m), Rapzino( m), tosyne2much ( m), Fatalveli( m), Hameenat94 ( f ), Cleffwizzy ( m ), sylviasilifah ( f), chibwike ( m ), PrinceAdepoju ( m ), Harbosede02 ( f ), Fynestboi , Tallesty1 ( m), Lindajohn( f), naijaboiy , handie ( m), Flakkydagirl , D9ty7 ( m ), LogoDWhiz ( m ), KingzPen( m), MaziOmenuko , onihaxy , kayemjay ( m), TemitopeDaniel( m) Boss[es]
Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Why you just calling me now?

it's not fair,lovely write up tho
Re: Save Me!! by ClassCaptain(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
nice
Re: Save Me!! by ChikeAndrew(m): 7:24pm On Oct 09, 2016
doctorlash:
Laveda
Slimzjoe
ChikeAndrew
Safarigirl
Naijamakossa
Tiny23
Smellymouth
Davep
Kannymoore
Diddyydiva
Donpoker
present smiley just read through....... promising + am following nw
wink
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tiny23:
Why you just calling me now?
it's not fair,lovely write up tho
am very sorry... am quite a novice in this .... boss mi...
ClassCaptain:
nice
am very sorry... am quite a novice in this .... boss mi...
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
ChikeAndrew:
present smiley just read through....... promising + am following nw
wink
thanks boss... am encouraged...
Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
doctorlash:
am very sorry... am quite a novice in this .... boss mi...am very sorry... am quite a novice in this .... boss mi...

no p
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 8:51pm On Oct 09, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode six*

If you set a trap for others,
You will get caught in it yourself.
If you roll a boulder down on others,
It will crush on you instead.
-Proverbs 26:27
"He bent on his knees and inscribed something on the ground, then he raised his head and asked the woman... Where are your accusers? he asked the woman, they are gone my Lord"
Joseph smiled as pastor Philip explained the famous chapter in the bible where the woman caught in the very act of adultery was brought to Jesus, he shaked his head, and he remembered his days on campus, he was a teacher of the word, he had specifically used this same passage to preach a powerful message, but now, coming to church seemed like an alien coming to planet earth. He didn't fit in at all...
"I am guilty as charged my Lord, I slept with the woman in question but..." Joseph couldn't help but laugh at the way pastor Philip had demonstrated his own version of the story painting a situation where the man who engaged the woman in adultery was taken to the law court to questioning and judgement. He had known pastor Philip ever since he was a boy, the now old man was just a deacon before he left the church, and had now become a pastor. Anyway God can use anyone oh.. Abi, is it not this same pastor Philip who ranted curses on him while he was young because he thought he was his daughter's boyfriend? Joseph had only gone to call her for rehearsal, he waited for her to dress up and in a jokingly manner, had called her sweetheart come out naa!, your husband is waiting.... Only for her father to walk out to the corridor and start a semi sermon combined with proverbially constructed curses on anyone who wants to destroy his daughter's career.... "Koni da fun Eni to ba fe ba aye omo mi je". Embarrassed, he angrily left her behind and had gone to church alone that day.
"Come unto me all ye that are laboured and are heavy laden and I will give you rest...No matter the pain..." Pastor Philip had said, and that word had jolted him like an electric volts from his daydreaming. Speaking of pain, his head was aching him, his mother had done a good job of cleaning and applying treatment to his injuries, thanks to her little knowledge of pharmacy which she owned across her street. In turn she had pleaded with him to follow her to church for thanksgiving over the incident. He he knew his efforts would be futile if he tried to refute her request, so he quietly accepted and his mother had gone to the market to buy him new clothes as the ones he brought had been lost to the robbery..
"Can you at least wash me off this guilt of mine?" Joseph had murmured a last minute prayer as the pastor closed the service. He believed God may or may not hear him since it had been a while he talked to God...his heart was too heavy....
---------------------------------
"Who sent you here to spy on us" Scorpion barked at former gangmate who was caught trying to send an information out to an unknown destination,
"No one!, I told you Scorpion, it was just a letter to my Facebook girl now, at least you read the so-called letter", Joe blurted out amidst pain. He had almost blown his cover when he tried to send an information to his partner in Nigeria, his mind drifted back to his captain's words...
"Jossy, undercover operation is very dangerous and your sole priority is never to get caught", he warned stressing the last word, the man had taken him in and had recruited him into the Federal Bereau of Investigation when he had exhibited intelligence in cracking a tough case which involved the Russian intelligence, it was a puzzle and being a fun of puzzle he had easily solved the puzzle.
Here he was on his third mission, the last two had been done with great intelligence and skills.
He was to go undercover in Cameroon to investigate a druglord whom they believed had a connection with one of the top officials in government. Being a black man he and his partner who was also a black was assigned the job.He was to infiltrate the drug gang and send informations on his partner making Nigeria their base.
He arrived in Nigeria with his partner and planned his infiltration, it was very easy for him, he had the good looks and all he had to do was meet up with the drug lord's beautiful daughter Hannah who studied at Ahmadu Bello University. He tracked her down for weeks until he was able to seduce her.
"Dad meet my boyfriend, his name is Joe," Hannah told her father, when she took Jossy home to her native home, Bamenda in Cameroon. The duo, father and boyfriend had hit it off when he stated his interested in the "family business". Unsuspiciously Don , had made him his right hand and introduced him to all his business associates, including his business secrets.
"Everyday for a thief, one day for the owner of the goods" Don said in his Cameroonian accent, "I took you in as a son and you betrayed me, I won't kill you quickly, I will make you suffer for breaking my heart" he said in anger as he left the small dungeon, signaling to his main striker, Scorpion to kill him slowly...
"Alright Scorpion, I know my end has come, but give me a last chance to say a word to Hannah, please, Scorp... For old times sake, at least for saving your life during the last operation" Joe, said as soon as don left the room, he knew Scorpion too well and he was now pulling his strings.
"I love you Hannah, my heart is yours forever" he said as he dropped the phone, he had passed a hidden message to his partner, whose number he dialed instead of Hannah's..
"This is your last meal on earth traitor", Scorpion threw at him a plate of rice and chicken, though he was scared it might be poisoned but he needed his strength for what might be coming soon...
"Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil" he murmured what seems like his last prayer.
"Gbom!!.. The entire building was in shambles, Joseph had held on to a corner of the room he had calculated would not go down too easily, the hidden message he was working right now, Patrick his partner had blown the building as a means of his escape, as soon as the dust in the air subsided, he made his way out of the shambles, and ran as far as his leg could carry him,... It didn't take long before Don and his men followed him, he ran into a nearby forest, and took the path he had outlined for his escape...
But he was too late, his only means of escape Patrick had been killed at the Peninsula before he arrived... He knew the only way was to cross the border over to Nigeria on foot and contact his agency abroad...
"You are a failure, you got your partner killed, blew your cover and came back with nothing" the captain had screamed at him upon his arrival at the airport, "I regretted ever bringing you in to the agency", He said as he walked away. He couldn't even looked at Eva, Patrick's wife and his only son in the eye as they wept...
He woke up with a serious migraine as he got the expected phone call from his captain...
"You have been fired, agent Joseph". The line went dead... He stared at the ceiling... He had failed again...!!

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
#comments and criticisms are welcome#

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by naijamakossa(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
present boss
Re: Save Me!! by PastorAji(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2016
Present bo$$
doctorlash:
ClassCaptain , shollarey ( m),
Twaci ( f ), LarrySun ( m ), Royver ( m ), TiffanyJ
( f), candy ( f), AudreyTimms( f ), kizzykeziah ( f ),
Divepen1 ( m), Ishilove, flow1759 , CharlesNneji1 ,
Mynd44 , PastorAji ( m), lalasticlala ( m ), farano
( f), philfearon( m), OlufemiAbbey( m ), davidflo
( m), Awho( m ), kinwayne ( m), snakie86 ,
Therock5555( m ), Coolval222 ( m), Rapzino( m),
tosyne2much ( m), Fatalveli( m), Hameenat94
( f ), Cleffwizzy ( m ), sylviasilifah ( f), chibwike
( m ), PrinceAdepoju ( m ), Harbosede02 ( f ),
Fynestboi , Tallesty1 ( m), Lindajohn( f), naijaboiy ,
handie ( m), Flakkydagirl , D9ty7 ( m ), LogoDWhiz
( m ), KingzPen( m), MaziOmenuko , onihaxy ,
kayemjay ( m), TemitopeDaniel( m) Boss[es]
Re: Save Me!! by daveP(m): 5:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
Nice story. but give good spacing between paragraphs.
Re: Save Me!! by sotozo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2016
*grabs popcorn and zobo.... 2nd row things. Abeg make tall person no sit down for my front ooo. I fit knock that person like Old Roger ooo
Re: Save Me!! by sotozo(m): 8:09pm On Oct 10, 2016
doctorlash:

we don dey here for you.... Following you fender to bumper.

Make I help you call story lovers
swann
vandops10
Fidelismaria
durapro
Roseygold
Twinkle004
bakeuhappy
Wane2
yusufibrahim
collinometricx
Lawlahdey
Posh3
Emmayur
slizzyb
milky3
Jay542
Ezinwa25
tunjilomo
iberibe1

3 Likes

Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 4:31am On Oct 11, 2016
sotozo:

we don dey here for you.... Following you fender to bumper.

Make I help you call story lovers
swann

Present oh...i've read the first episode. so nice. I'll read this story later lemme sleep first then i'll come nd find out if Joseph's village people are doing him #DumbSmartBoy grin tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RENEGADE 1 (the Night He Was Supposed To Deflower His Girl; His Father Did!) / Winners Of 2019 Nairaland Writers Award / Tales Of An ASHEWO (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.