Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Save Me!! - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Save Me!! (4237 Views)

HELP Save Me From Mindboggling BOREDOM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Me!! by Jay542(m): 6:34am On Oct 11, 2016
Just seeing the story now. Following smiley
Re: Save Me!! by Wane2: 8:46am On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for calling me sotozo appreciate it I'm fully seated ride on doctorlash feeling the story

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by Wane2: 8:47am On Oct 11, 2016
Thanks for calling me sotozo appreciate it I'm seated ride on doctorlash feeling the story

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
I just finished reading and I have to say that this is a great piece and i can't wait to see the next update
Re: Save Me!! by Fidelismaria: 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2016
oya I don land

interesting piece but I find it hard to understand d characters

don't know which one is talking until u mention dere names in d middle of d conversation

can u pls space ur writing and include d characters name at d beginning of each conversation.

u also a bit misleading u told us Joseph is an FBI agent now u telling us he just got fired

which are we reading past or present

try to indicate

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode Seven*

There are six things the Lord hates-
No seven things he detests
A haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
Hands that kill the innocent,
A heart that plots evil, feet that races to do wrong
A false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord in a family....
-Proverb 6:16-19

--------------------------------------------

"He will kill me this around," Joseph said, with his head bent. He was confused and out of tune...

"So what do you suggest I do?", he asked his two jolly friends, though John was the only one paying attention while James focused his mind on the PlayStation game in front of him...

"I think a trial won't kill, he is your father", John said trying to comfort and make his friend see his point.

"God please help me...", Joseph said before giving a deep sigh.... This was not going to be easy to him, he had spent the past six months thinking about how to confront his father, and plead with him to give him just another chance, yes... he had failed his JAMB exam twice already, the first one because he fell sick and couldn't write well, the second one, his ego and overconfidence.

"Erhmm... I think I would prefer you buying an helmet before going home..." James finally said lifting his eyes from the PlayStation game..

"Helmet for what?", Joseph asked not getting the joke James was trying to pull.

"... In case your dad decides to shoot you in the head", he dropped the bomb, after which followed- "silly boy is this the time for your unnecessary and annoying jokes", from John while Joseph stood up to switch off the television and made a move to disturb his best friend.... James might have been a not too good friend...but he was his favourite among the two. John was just too spiritual for his nature, he won't say three sentences without referring to the scriptures.

But James definitely was the naughty type. He always had his back during the tough moments in his life.

"God please take control..." Joseph muttered in whispers, as he made a sign of a cross. He was definitely nervous, but he had no choice, JAMB registration would close in three days time...he had to talk to his dad about it that day.

"You will be fine...", James patted him.. He had volunteered to only follow him to the doorstep of his house,

"Good evening sir..." Joseph said, while his dad looked up from the Bible he was reading, and adjusted his glasses to see his son standing.

"What is it Dare? You know too well I don't like being disturbed when am meditating", he said in a cool manner, though his word came with firmness.

"Erhm...am sorry sir. It is just that it is something very erhmm...", he stammered looking for the right words to say.

"Will you talk and stop wasting my time?" his father snapped at him. He jolted back, scared and knew he had better say something.

"Jamb will be closing on Friday sir...", he finally said shivering nervously.

"And so...?" Mr Adejola replied, he knew where his son was going and he had waited for a month for this day to come.

"Dad I haven't registered, I am ...", he tried to say something before his dad cut him short...

"You mean you still have the guts to walk up to me and talk to me about your education...? Forget it son! On Monday, you will be following me to see Mr Rabiu my mechanic, I am enrolling you to be his apprentice
..." He dropped the bomb, and picked his Bible, not even minding the gaze from his son and his wife who had entered his room while the duo were talking...

"An apprentice!? Why do you hate me this much, what have I done wrong? Was it my fault that I fell sick during my first jamb? It was you who refused to give me money for my coaching class the second time..." Joseph said angrily, he was releasing every iota of bitterness he had within him to his father...

His mind flashed back at the last episode he had with his father.... "You are nothing but a failure...I am not sure I am your father... I can't imagine spending my money on a fool like you... Is this how you will pay me for my labour on you? Your younger sister has gotten admission already and here you are, still writing jamb for the second time, you didn't even pass the cutoff point for a polytechnic...get out of my room you bastard!" He had come home with the worst result in his entire life, and his father had said those words to him just last year.

"Anyway, I know I am a bastard, so am going to leave like one, today will be the last time you will set your eyes on me again...!" He said and stormed out of the room.

---------------------------------

"Can I come in please...", Mrs Adejola said after knocking her son's door for close to two minutes, Joseph feigned sleeping, he certainly didn't want his mum to intrude into his private moment, the events of the past few days had been overwhelming, but he knew his mother too well, she was going to stay there till he opened the door for him. She had done it before, years back when he walked out on his father. He was determined to stay indoors for three days, he only came out in the midnight to eat and only when he was sure they had all gone to work... He didn't want to see his father anymore, but his mum, on the third day had persistently made him open the door to talk him into living with her elder sister who lived in Ile-Ife, she also gave him the money for his Jamb registration, and had sponsored him all through his stay on campus.

"Why is he here mum?", he said angrily to his mother. He had opened the door, without even looking at his mother and sat on his bed only to realise his mum had company.

"Am sorry son, I only wanted to talk", Mr Adejola said. He looked pitiful and sorry. He was not the young man in his early forties anymore, he looked worn out...

"Am not sure I have that luxury of time, and I was about serving my siesta before you came in, can you please kindly excuse me?", He said firmly, rolling back into his bed.

"Would you at least listen to your father...?" His mother said raising her voice with the disgust from his actions

"Father!? Did you just say "my father", I am a bastard you remember!" He said snapping back at his mother.

"I think I better leave", Mr Adejola said, he knew nothing could stop his son from tantrums, he was still a kid anyway he won't understand, he thought.

"Ooohhh!! So those words can hurt you now!, and you really can run away from them...while I have been facing that reality for six damn years", Joseph said as tears welled up in his eyes. He was far too angry, but he couldn't bear it anymore.

"You were never a failure, I was the failure", Mr Adejola said, stopping in his tracks as he made his way to the door.

"What!!?", Joseph said in shock...his father still remembered those words.

"Yes son...I was the failure...I failed you, failed your sister, and failed my wife..." He said turning back with tears in his eyes. He had to tell the story. He had no choice now. It was the only way for him to get his son to forgive him.

"I took out my personal problems on you, I love your sister and being a female, I thought you should bear the brunt...", he continued, while Joseph sat staring at him, waiting for more explanations...

"My doctor told me I had gonorrhea, which had eaten deep into my manhood, and rendered me impotent...I was in shock and angry...I took it out on your mother, accused her of having extra marital affairs...I accused her of dating her lecturers, since she had just finished her NCE sandwich programme at Adeyemi college of education...I started doubting if you were my children.... I didn't know how long I had been impotent or maybe the anger within me blinded me, the day you came back with the second JAMB results...I had just gotten a DNA test confirming that you are not my son...", he said, amidst the tears flowing down his face, its was an unpleasant scene, an old man crying.

"Oooh!!! He said, no wonder. Was that why you couldn't deny it when I asked you?" he said facing his mother.

"She wasn't at fault son, you are my son" Mr Adejola answered instead...

"Wait! You are confusing me with your story here,you just told me the doctor confirmed am not your son and again you said am your son", Joseph said, trying to clear the confusion.

"it was a mistake son, the doctor gave me the wrong result, or let me say the laboratory analyst analysed the wrong blood sample", he said wanting to speak further but Joseph interjected.

"And how did you find out?" He asked out of curiosity.
"Its a long story...Son...", he said trying to avoid the question.

"Then make it short!!!" Joseph said raising his voice, he was becoming impatient.

"I did the test again...! And it was because of another incident that happened after you left home", Mr Adejola replied still hiding some facts.

"What incident??!!" He asked extremely curious and impatient.

"My concubine who I broke up came back to tell me, she was a carrier of gonorrhea, and she was sure she infected, the night we had unprotected sex", he finally opened up, covering his eyes, he was ashamed of himself.

"You cheated on my mother!! Ohh no!!, you..." he couldn't bring himself to say the next words on his mind, he picked his wallet and walked out on both of them...

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to repost on any social media
#criticisms and comments are welcome#

2 Likes

Re: Save Me!! by Nobody: 4:27am On Oct 12, 2016
Really nice update. I like that you spaced it out, makes it easier to read.
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:42pm On Oct 13, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode eight*

When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful
Words alone will not discipline a servant;
The words may be understood, but they are not heeded...
-Proverbs 29:18-19

"Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Make allowance for each other's faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember the Lord forgave you, so you much forgive others" Jadesola read out loud for the fifth time...the Holy Spirit had laid it on her heart to study Colossians chapter three. She didn't have an idea of what was there, but she now knew what the Holy Spirit was teaching her in plain words.

"Am not sure am ready for this", she said, taking a deep sigh... She had to visit Busayo in the hospital today and she was not sure she wanted to meet that man yet. He destroyed her life for Christ sake. She should have been married already, she thought deep within her.

"Please help me to do your will, I am ready to let go of this hurt within me", she said going on her knees to pray. She prayed for close to thirty minutes before dressing up. She had cooked delicious jollof rice with chicken for Busayo, she knew he loved her cooking.

"Good morning Jadesola", doctor Paul said to her. She came in while he was administering some medication to Busayo's arm...

"Good morning...", she muttered as a reply not looking at him. It was a lot easier to think of doing it than actually doing it.

"Erhm, can you spare me few minutes of your time, I will be waiting under the tree outside", he said and left without waiting for her response.

"He is still as commanding as usual, so he thinks he still has the right to boss her around, who does he think he is?", she thought to herself, while her face showed something different she was faking a smile at Busayo.

"Am very sorry... It was a mistake I regretted for the rest of my life", doctor Paul said as soon as Jadesola joined him under the tree.

"Sorry!! You mean you are sorry...do you think sorry will take back the hurt, pain, hardship, tears I had faced all these years?", She snapped back at him in anger.

"I know...I am...", he tried to say more...before Jadesola interjected.

"No you don't know,don't tell me you know...if you knew you wouldn't have taken advantage of your own protegee. You knew my weakness, and you didn't even care about the consequences. You were supposed to be a spiritual father, not a life destroyer that you are." she spit it all out in few seconds. She definitely had held it in for years. She was in tears, she couldn't stop herself.

"Am sorry dear...", he moved closer to where she was standing.

"I don't think I have a choice but to forgive you, I know it won't change what has happened but at least I will have peace within myself", she finally said after calming herself and cleaning her wet face with her handkerchief. She had seen the remorse in his eyes. her heart melted.

"How are you doing now?", she added to break the silence between them. Doctor Paul never thought she could forgive him this easily, he was still "processing" the words she said.

"Hmmh... I went through hell after that night, and my life hasn't been the same so far", he said when he finally found his voice.

--------------------------------

"What was the first thing I told you, when you first entered this house?", Chief Bassey asked Paul.

"You said you are a staunch Catholic sir and erhmmm...no pregnancy before marriage.", he said scratching his head. If only he had listened. He blamed his stubborn nature and disobedient attitude to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

"Paul, I think you should listen to the Holy Spirit." Kolawole said, Paul had told him the dream he had and what the Holy Spirit had told him when he woke up.

"See Kola, it is just a dream, and am sure the Holy Spirit was not talking about this journey, maybe its the ministration I have next month", Paul said as he packed his gadgets into his bag. He wasn't going to cancel his self made appointment, he wanted to see his protegee. The poor girl had been asking him to visit, though jokingly, and on the other hand, it was an avenue for him to visit his fiancee, who was working in Akure.

"He who, being often reproved, hardens his neck shall suddenly be destroyed—and that without remedy", his roommate said without looking at him..

"Na you go be destroyed, silly guy", he threw a book at his roommate who dodged it, laughing at the impact of his words.

He had traveled to Ondo town with a heavy heart. He knew him going was wrong. The Holy Spirit kept convincing him to go back and memories from the dream where he jumped into the mud without no one pushing him came rushing back into his mind.

"These dreams can be funny atimes", he said to himself, no matter what happens, he is strong enough to face it, he is not a baby in Christianity, he finally made peace within himself.

"Am sorry sir, I slept off" Jadesola said to him after five minutes of continuous knocking on her door, he had easily located the place of residence from the description she sent to him.

"This is a lovely meal, your husband will be blessed to have you", he said cleaning his mouth with his handkerchief, he had just tasted one of the greatest meal in his lifetime.

She packed the plates before him and took it to the kitchen. As she walked past him, he noticed her features. "Oh my God this lady is beautiful, with nice curves, well endowed. If not because am engaged I would have prayed her into being God's will.", his inner voice said to him, but he quickly dismissed it. Why would he be thinking like that, his fiancee was more than enough.

After a long discussion, she started crying, she was depressed, her dad was on the hospital bed, she needed comfort, a part of him wanted to go over to sit beside her on the bed and a part of him was warning him not to, but he did the former. As he placed his arms around her, he felt the warmth on her body, as electric pulses surged through him, she was irresistible. Then, the opportunity came. He held her chin and looking into her eyes, he just couldn't stop his lips from engaging hers in a passionate kiss.
Just then the door opened and he heard..."Jadesola!!!, Doctor Paul, no!!!! This can't be happening..."

He was jolted back to reality. He had done the irreversible. Jadesola ran out to meet the young man who just came in, he guessed he was her fiancee..
He quickly packed his bags and made for the door, he definitely couldn't face her, after what he had just done...

"Why is this happening to me, what came over me? The devil is stupid...!", he said to himself as he sat in the bus going to Akure. He was the first person to enter the bus.

"Hello, where are you, I am in front of your house. Okay...alright" he dropped the call he had just put through to his fiancée. He couldn't bear the burning sensations of anger and guilt he had within himself.. He needed to see his fiancee and explain everything to her, she would understand and tell him what to do..
"What happened, you took so long to get here", he asked her after she finally appeared at her doorstep,
"You didn't tell me you were coming, and I was at the saloon when you called, I needed to make my hair today", she said while searching for the key to her room in her bag.

"So is this a surprise visit or something happened?" she asked Paul who had been standing after she had opened the door, he didn't answer but kept staring at her, in a quick moment, he moved towards her and kissed her, she struggled at first but later kissed him back. They ravished the moment and got lost in it...

"Oh no!! I should have listened...I just should have listened...I am in trouble", Paul said sweating. He was only clad in his boxers while Doris was weeping at the other side of the bed, she was holding the blanket that covered her unclothedness.

"See as the mighty have fallen and the weapons of fall are scattered abroad", he finally said as he picked his clothes, wore them, and made his way to the door without even looking back to see his devastated fiancee. Doris too was too busy crying that she didn't notice him leave her room...

"Kolawole am in trouble", he said to his roommate when he finally got to his room in the night.

"The die is cast, what do you want to do now?", Kolawole who was not surprised at the news his roommate was sharing, asked with deep concern.

"I don't know, I really don't know", he said as he picked his phone and sent a message to Doris stating they needed to stay away from each other for awhile because of the incident.

"Doctor Paul, I think you need a month leave, you look stressed up and unhealthy", his chief medical director told him as he was walking down the hospital hallway.
He decided to take the one month leave since he really needed it. It had been three months after the incident and it was taking a toll on him. He would travel on a retreat and maybe he could get things back to normal...

"I am pregnant we need to talk", Paul almost fainted. he had been on the retreat ground for almost two weeks and today he had an awesome encounter with God. He felt at peace, only to see ten missed calls and one message from Doris when he checked his phone.

"But why Lord, it was just once...It was a mistake...I thought you have forgiven me.... Why didn't you let go of this...", he cried effortlessly like a baby.

He knew he had to journey to Akure, and when he saw her, he knew he was in a better condition than she was. She looked so haggard and sick. Her friend that was with her looked at him with contempt.

Here he was in his in-law's sitting room with his parents, after several pleas, he had no other option but to do a quick wedding before she started becoming heavy and people started noticing her pregnancy.

"So, you think you will default in that one condition I gave you, and I will still give you my daughter's hand in marriage?", the old man ask. He was a retired military man.

"Sir, we are very sorry, the kids have made a terrible mistake, but notwithstanding, it is our duty as parents to help them correct this mistake", Paul's father said trying to save his son from further hits from the man.

"Okay, I have heard you", Doris's father replied, stood up and walked towards the stairs that led to his room, everyone in the sitting room was scared...

Gbam!! Kpara pata.... They all ran upstairs to see where the sound came from, and as they opened his door, Paul's eyes caught the blood flowing from his in-law's hand, and he screamed...Jesus!!!

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
#criticsims and comments are welcome#

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by tunjilomo(m): 12:42pm On Oct 27, 2016
Wow dis is nice and thanks for calling if not for d calling I could have missed reading dis beautiful piece of art.
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 11:23am On Oct 28, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode nine*

There are friends who destroy each other,
But a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
-Proverb 18:24

"Hello...please, am I speaking with Mr Collins John..." "Oh!! He is not on sit."
"Okay...immediately he comes around, tell him Adejola Joseph called, and it is urgent.", Joseph said before cutting the call. Depression set in within his heart... what was he going to do?

He had left Ondo very early that morning, he certainly couldnt't go back home, not to that devil of a father, that man had ruined his life beyond measures, or maybe not. At least he was the source of his problems...

"What should I do now?". He took another sip from the bottle of coke he ordered for, the last money on him was just #2000, and he was not even sure if it would take him to John's office. That seemed like the only option he had. It had been a long time he left Nigeria, and the only person through which he could contact Funmilayo told him this morning on phone, that she was traveling to her fiance's hometown to visit his bereaved mother. What a disaster, her fiance's father had died in a hospital the night before.

"Is this ill-luck or fate or karma?", he thought to himself, as he stared at his phone for the fifth time in thirty minutes, he was lucky to have kept his phone in his pocket during the armed robbery attack else he would have been totally lost.... John had sent his contact to him on Facebook, after they chatted two years ago. He now he desperately needed his help.
He was without clothes, needed a shelter, and he needed a job to refund the ten thousand naira he borrowed from his neighbour whose house he slept the night before. He just couldn't go back home anymore, he hated his mother for staying with that man all these years after all he did. He couldn't even bring himself to call him dad again.

"Forgiveness is key, as a christian, born of God you need to forgive others effortlessly", he remembered his last words as the bible study secretary of his fellowship on campus. Here he was, the bible was like a novel to him. Was he really saved back then? He doubted his salvation.

His phone rang "hello... Pastor John Collins, my brother from another mother...na so I see am ohh... Ehn...no qualms...am on my way...abeg guy. Okay, I will wait for you.", the line dropped dead. He felt, relieved at least he would have a place to put his head for the night and maybe for a long time.

He quickly made his way to the door of the restaurant abandoning his drink, he had to get to Lekki Peninsula.

"Am Adejola Joseph...", he said to the secretary. He had been directed to the chairman's office when he asked of his friend from one of the staffs in the company, though he was shocked, his friend was a chairman of an accounting firm.... "It is a lie...". And now the lie had become the truth when he was ushered into the biggest office he had entered all his life.

He sat down on one of the sofas, waiting for his childhood friend whom he had been told was in a meeting. Mehn!! Money is good...seriously money is good. The furniture, interior decorations, the arts on the wall, spoke a large amount of money.

Just then the door opened... "Am sorry for keeping you waiting bro", John said as he entered, he opened his arms for a hug, and Joseph received it taking in the lovely perfume,
"So, what brought the mighty lord of the musketeers to my humble domain", he said smiling. He missed him, it had been five or six years they had last seen each other.

"You have grown fat bro", Joseph said, trying to be sarcastic, and avoiding an instant reply to his question. "I guess that is the answer to why you are here then, erhmm...why don't you tell me what is up, on our way to my house. Am done for the day by the way and we could get to catch up on old times", John finally said understanding his friend's reluctance to open up in an official environment. He knew Joseph to be a man who had a thing for confidentiality.

"For the record, I always knew you were meant for greater things", Joseph quickly said as they both made their way to the door, while John smiled knowing the source of the statement.

---------------------------------------
"RCF OAU, this is the moment we have been waiting for...erhmm please don't touch him...", announced the outgoing president of the fellowship, who doubled as the chairman of choice committee.

Standing among the newly elected executive was Joseph. He had been chosen as the bible study. Though great, that was not what he was expecting. James too was on the line. He was selected to be the Awolowo hall pastor. Joseph had laughed when he was called out, and John too...Yes John, he was not on the list yet. But why...? They do everything together.

Joseph's mind wondered back to their first day in the university...
"Can you two just come over to Biological sciences, Micobiology department to be precise...Ask anyone naa! Okay...I will be waiting", Joseph dropped the call, the three musketeers had planned to meet to discuss how they were going to hit it off on campus. Well, with the Joseph's departure from Ondo, they had not been able to talk or meet, and the only little talks they had were on phone to check on each other and know if they were given admission.

James applied for law. He was doing change of institution, he wanted to be with his friends so he wrote jamb again and after many pleas, his parent allowed him to change his institution after two years in UNIBEN. John applied for accounting, it was his dream job, he always wanted to be like his father, in deeds and career, but he had to write his professional exams before going to the university. Joseph had applied for medicine, he was so passionate about the course and so interested in saving lives.

As luck or fate would have it, only Joseph didn't get the course he applied for, he got microbiology instead. And after many pleas and counselling from his mother's sister who also graduated from the Department, he yielded.

"What took you guys so long", he said angrily. He had been waiting for close to thirty minutes,
"Well James here met a girl on the way and he...you know?", John replied trying to shift the blame to James.

"James, you really haven't changed", he said smiling as he hugged his friends. He had missed them.
They decided to walk down to their hostel, Angola hall, after spending two hours strategizing on their reading plans and work schedules. They earned t a lot of stares on their way as the trio were clad in blue jeans and white round neck, customized with "the three musketeers... "James.. John.. Joseph"....
Their part one days up until part three had been smooth and eventful. They moved to town to live together, attended the same fellowship.

The three of them joined the bible study subgroup of the fellowship though Joseph was the most eloquent and most recognised among the three...

"If they do not select me for the vice president, the choice committee is partial", James said, placing his hand on his chest. "You are very funny...are you the only one in the fellowship who went for school of ministry, at least John was the class rep during your set", Joseph said amidst laughing and mocking his best friend.

"But wait, which position do you think you will be called for?", James asked.

"Hmmmh!! President should be manageable", Joseph said trying to form- "I don't need a position attitude
"President ko...Zonal coordinator ni!!...yeye boy". James said hitting his friend on the shoulder.

"In my opinion, I think God's will is all that will be seen today, whoever it is. They must have prayed and heard from God, so let's quit disturbing ourselves about it", John finally said after watching his friends debate on each of the executive positions to be occupied for the next coming session.

"Abeg, pastor John, don't make this thing spiritual again, we are only trying to have fun ohh", James said standing up and heading for the kitchen.

"Anyway na tonight we go know who is who, and John should be one of the hall pastors, you go dey word them for there", Joesph said also standing up from the bed to join James who was already serving himself a plate of "conditional" rice...

"Rcf shall we rise to our feet as we welcome the pastor and President of RCF OAU 2009/2010 session. Pastor Collins Timilehin John...". The crowd roared,
Joseph couldn't believe his eyes...

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to post on any social media
#comments and criticisms are welcome#

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by Horlorlardaey: 11:37am On Oct 28, 2016
enters with my kunu
biko i yam seeing 'OAU' lemme take front seat
Re: Save Me!! by Missmossy(f): 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
Interesting, a bit confusing though. Try not to mix up different characters all at once. Thumbs up keep it coming.
Re: Save Me!! by sirblero(m): 1:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nice Story.... #Following.....More Ideas To Your Story...
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 11:04am On Oct 29, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode Ten*

Each heart knows its own bitterness,
and no one else can fully share its joy.
-Proverb 14:10.

"I love you..."
"I love you too", the duo said almost simultaneously. It was so evident to the blind that they were in love, and destined for each other. Even in complexion, they were compatible.

"Do you still remember the first time I met you?", he said staring into her face.

"How would I forget, it is still fresh in my memory though it is two years ago".

Jadesola took her fiance out to Chicken republic, a restaurant close to where she lived. He had come to visit her during her youth service after many persuasion from the lover boy...

"Erhm am sorry", she said quickly bending to pick the books that had fallen as a result of the collision. Jadesola was making a call, and she didn't notice the young man who was hurrying to pass through the doorway of the lecture theatre.

"I didn't see you coming, I am very sorry, hope...", she tried to say, before looking up to see the young man standing and staring at her. "Oh no its him, it can't be him, not this guy", she thought. She had avoided any contact with him after her first encounter when she was in part one.

"Thanks", he said, quickly collecting his books from her and walking away without looking back.

"Hello am sorry Eunice, something happened ni jare, I will gist you when I get to the room", she said as she made her into the lecture theatre where her next lecture would hold.

"I think you need to confront your fears and at least talk to him", Eunice said after Jadesola narrated her ordeal during the day to her.

"No!! that's wrong, he should be the one approaching me", she said recoiling back to her side of the bed,
"Are you for real, nna ohh!!...my friend is in love", Eunice said clapping her hands in the gossiping mode.

"In love with who, that guy? Never! he is so arrogant, pompous, imagine!!, he allowed a lady to pick his books for him, mtchew!!! He is not even my type!!" Jadesola said in defense. She would not allow her friend to win this word battle or else she was in for another headache. Eunice would tease her for days about it.

"Okay, even though it is obvious...why don't you forget him approaching you and at least get to know this guy you are having a crush on", Eunice said stretching the word crush in her statement.

Rolling her eyes, Jadesola said, "Okay, at least to satisfy you miss, I will say hi to him after service on Sunday, and for the record, I don't have a crush on him", she added as she threw her pillow to Eunice who was giggling at her friend's effort in convincing her.

"Hi, erhm...am sorry for the other day", Jadesola said to the head bent guy staring at the book in front of him. He didn't answer her, so she went further by tapping him. She had been so busy, she couldn't see him on Sunday, and she had been lucky to see him today, she was not going to let the opportunity pass her by.

"Erhm...sorry, am sorry, is this your seat, I didn't know", he said as he jolted back to reality from the impact of the tap Jadesola gave him. His eyes was wet and teary, he had been crying all along.

"Are you fine, I mean, its fine...erhmm...you can talk to me", Jadesola said, sitting beside him like a concerned mother who caught his son crying.

"Its nothing, it is just the wind that blew some dirty things into my eyes and...", he tried to say, though it was obvious he was lying.

"C'mon...I know am a stranger. Erhm, I am Jadesola, am an RCFITE too, and at least that is enough information, so talk to me, why were you crying?", Jadesola said, though sounding like she was ranting.
The guy knew the lady before him would not leave him alone without him telling her the reason for his mood, so he told her everything, including the part where he just saw a result which was terrible, he went further to tell her he was at the verge of leaving school because he couldn't understand a thing from the course he was studying, he didn't skip the part where his g.p was so poor, and he was on a second class lower. He looked hopeless and unredeemable. Jadesola who watched and listened with rapt attention as he narrated his ordeal, finally spoke some soothing words to him, he was relieved.

And that was how their friendship started, they read together, she checked on him, kept tabs, and she was his constant adviser, sooner or later, they were both carried into leadership but it was obvious they were in love.

After much prayer, and counselling, he finally proposed to her on the night preceding his finally examination and their relationship had a kick start...
"I still love you as much as I did back then", he said as he held her hand, and placed a kiss on it.

"He is the most romantic, spiritually balanced, worded, guy I have ever known, he is mature even in his dealings with me, thank God I met a man like this as your will for my life", Jadesola said within herself as she looked at the love of her life...

"If wishes were horses even the beggars will have a ride, everything that has a beginning must have an ending", Jadesola laughed at the incoherence in the sentence of the singer whose song was being played to her ears.

---------------------------------

"What is quality control?", the beautiful yellowish young lady probably in her late thirties asked Joseph who was sitting in front of an interview panel.

Joseph had woke up this morning with the sound of his alarm, it was just 6:30am, his interview was by 11am. Thanks to John, who used his connection in getting him the interview with one of the popular food companies in Lagos. He was to work as their quality control manager.

Talking about John, his friend had been a wonderful brother to him, he brought him several clothes, took him out on several occasions when he was not at work, they caught up with past times, though he had to travel down to Ondo for a friend's father burial, Joseph refused to go with him stating he didn't want to step his foot in Ondo anymore, the place that reminds him of all of tragic moments that had effects on his life.

John had bought him the suit before he left during the weekend, and he also told him, that he might return that evening with his fiancee, "his fiancée?". He had tried asking him various questions about the mysterious lady, but the only answer Joseph got was that, she was someone he knew very well during their days in the university, and he should wait patiently to meet her when he returned from his trip to Ondo.

"We will get back to you before the week runs out", the young lady said dismissing Joseph after the interview. He had answered the questions very well, he was sure, that his efforts in the interview combined with John's connection could get him the job.

"You have arrived? Okay, am on my way already. Is your fiancee there too? Okay...I am almost home", he dropped his call, grinning. Aside the fact that he wanted to gist his friend about his interview,he was so interested in knowing John's fiancee.

The way he talked about her, showed the way he loved her dearly, he had been in love once, so he understood his friend's feeling...

"Adamu, abeg open the gate, it's me Joseph, your oga's friend", he shouted after knocking for close to three minutes, while sleepy Adamu asked who the sleep intruder was...

He walked majestically toward the front door, and stood for a while as he heard a familiar voice, no it couldn't be her, he said to himself.

He opened the door and her name came out his mouth effortlessly. "Ahmed Dorcas Jadesola!!!"

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
#comment and criticisms are welcome#
Re: Save Me!! by sirblero(m): 11:43am On Oct 30, 2016
#following... More Ideas To Your Story Boss... Kee It Coming
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 10:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode eleven*

An offended friend is harder to win back than a fortified city
Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with bars.
-Proverbs 18:19
"Corper Joseph, am sorry I can't excuse you till closing hours", the principal said to him. He had come to take excuse from his principal so as to go home and meet his protegee. The young girl had called him that she was currently in front of his house, and he had called James who visited him to take care of her.
It was not her first time of visiting him, so she could find her way around his kitchen. He could remember the day the young girl had walked up to him after bible study service...
"Good evening sir", she said almost kneeling for him. He was used to such gestures.
"How may I help you ma?", he said seeing that she seemed to be the shy type.
"Erhmm..., I don't know how to really say this sir, but ehmm, I have a leading of the Holy Spirit sir", she said still unable to pass her message.
"Okay...why don't you calm down and talk to me like your elder brother", he quickly added, and it worked like magic as the girl took a deep sigh, and said what was on her mind.
"Can you please be my mentor sir, I want to be able to divide the word of truth like you did in bible study tonight", she said sheepishly with her face like that of a young child asking for sweet from his mother.
"Oh! your mentor? Hmmh...alright, erhmm I will pray about it and get back to you on...Sunday", he replied the curious girl.
He had been convinced that God wanted him to train her and he had told her he was ready to mentor her on Sunday. That was how their mentor and mentee journey started. Despite their phone conversations, she still came all the way to Mowe Ogun state where he was serving to see him. She lived in Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo was on their usual strike. Even James was around, he said he was too bored in Ondo, so he came to visit him.
"Corper Bukky abeg what is the time?", he asked the female Corper staying in the same office with him, unfortunately for him his wristwatch got broken and spoilt when he was coming from the principal's office. He was frustrated so he had angrily hit his hand against the wall, forgetting he had a wristwatch on...
"1:45 pm, hope there is no problem?", she asked, answering him, while Joseph quickly packed all his books and locked his locker. He took the shortcut behind the principal's office so as to avoid the principal who he knew would be standing at the school gate to engage him in an unnecessary conversation.
In a jiffy, he was closer to his one room apartment, but he felt the atmosphere was not alright, his spirit was trying to tell him something however, he ignored it. All he had on his mind was getting home to meet the young lady he had let alone by herself for over two hours.
"Leave me alone sir, please!", he heard her voice. He was scared of what was going on his room, she sounded like she was struggling with someone in his room. "Where is James? He told me he was in the room nah..."
He hastened his steps, almost running. As he opened the door, he saw the most scary or better said, the most shocking sight to behold...James was struggling with his protegee, attempting to rape her...
Blinded by rage, he pounced on James like a predator who caught a weak prey and gave him the beating of his life, forgetting the presence of his protegee who ran out of the room. He stopped only when he saw blood coming out of the nostrils of his so called best friend. He couldn't take the sight in from of him. He stood up, picked his bag and made his way to the door...he needed to clear his head...
"Am very sorry dear, erhm...I didn't know he could do that...am sorry, please call me immediately you get home, I will come and check on you after service", he said on phone to his protegee after running all the way to the bus stop only to be told that the only bus going to Oshodi that evening had just left, he was angry. He couldn't take it anymore. He boarded the next bus going to Ojota. He was going to Ondo to see his fiancee that was the only person who could calm him down. He would branch home and sleep over since his father was not around...
"Why is her number not available", he said to himself. He had tried calling her, it was 2:35pm already and the bus was already moving. He immediately called James. "I don't want to meet you in that house when I come back, we are done being friends", he said without even allowing the receiver to say a word. He needed to calm down, he had just failed as a mentor, he was meant to protect her, but he had done the opposite. He was far from being betrayed, his friend had thrown away their brotherhood and love as best friends.... He didn't even want to think about it or why he did it. James was a spiritual juggernaut, he knew it was wrong. "Flee every appearances of evil that is what the scripture said", he said to no one in particular.
"Thank God", he said when he got to Ojota and he was told that he was the last person. "Something strange is happening today", he thought to himself.
"The road was free and there was no traffic, he was the last person to enter the bus in Ojota!!", he said to himself. In less than five minutes, the bus was on its way to Ondo. The driver was on a very high speed. And in less than three hours he was in Ondo.
In a jiffy, he took a bike straight to Yaba. As he came down, he walked some few minutes to his fiancee's house, this time he felt his spirit saying something again. "Wait why today of all days?..."
He was at the corridor that led to her door when his phone rang and he quickly picked it. "Are you serious? I thought they won't approve my visa till next year. Thank God ohh...I will see you first thing tomorrow...I dey Ondo", he said smiling. With joy, he opened the door only to meet another shocking episode for the second time in the day.
"Jadesola!!, doctor Paul!!, no!!!, this can't be happening", he said as he met his fiancee kissing her mentor. He ran out.
------------------------------------------
"Jossy we can settle this!!", John screamed on top of his voice to stop his angry friend from launching an attack on his guest.
"Settle what? You mean sit down with this betrayer?", Joseph said visibly angry...
"Am sorry bro, it was not entirely her fault", James who had just walked in with Funmi from the guest room in John's house said. She had been indoors while Joseph arrived, and had not known that Joseph lived with John, though John had been too busy helping him with his father's burial and Funmi too had not told him a thing about Joseph's presence in Lagos...
"Hahaahaha, defending yourself, I wish you could do better...By the way am outta here", Joseph said as he made his way for the door, he was not going to sit and let them infuriate him further than he was already...
"He is always blaming me as if he is entirely a saint", James said and scoffed, he went to take his seat,
"Can you guys just stop, its enough already, it is almost six years, and you both have not grown out of this?", Jadesola said, resting her back on the soft sofa she was sitting on, though oblivious of what had transpired between the two best friends, she believed it should already have been a by-gone.
"Says the lady who crushed my heart without mercy", Joseph said stopping at her words. After calling her name, he had not said a word after to her, and he had got to realise from John's quick introduction that she was not John's fiancee, she was Eunice's best friend for crying out loud how could he even think of it, Eunice was their assistant sister's coordinator, someone he knew very well...
"Here he goes again, blaming the poor girl for their break up, mtchew, as if he is good enough for her", James said again, interrupting the conversation...
"Guys, please it is enough, I have had enough of this", John said trying to make peace reign, knowing fully well that the duo has a pending battle to fight.
"No, let him finish his statement...", Joseph said retreating back into the living room. His angry face had changed due to curiosity...
"I saw your chats with Bola...the girl you are dating aside her, you even invited her, to your place, slept with her, and you were asking her how the "encounter" was?" James said with much confidence. "Moreso the girl you almost wanted to killed me for, wore a very short gown and she was lying on the bed in a provocative manner, and I was tempted beyond...", James was still saying in a lackadaisical manner, before he was interrupted by the blow that landed on his cheeks, the other one came simultaneously, John rushed to separate his two friends while Jadesola tried to hold Joseph back, Funmi held her fiancee, Joseph immediately pushed Jadesola's hand away and stormed out the room...
"Nonsense, lying against me to my face, me and Bola...", he said as he slammed the door, the conversation between Bola and the supposed him was the handiwork of a Corper in his school who had consistently borrowed his phone saying he wanted to chat with his girlfriend, James knew he was not that type of person and in fact the most annoying part was how he was describing the young girl like a thing he could sleep with anyhow", he was thinking to himself out loud as he opened the gate and ignored the words of John who was calling him to come back...
"Gbam!!! A loud sound erupted..."Haaa!, yee!, help! help!",Was all John could scream as he opened the gate to his house to witness an horror scene.
Joseph had been hit by a coming vehicle on high speed....

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by nastynic(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Another master piece from the boss himself......TWALE!
Re: Save Me!! by kingklassique(m): 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
Boss nice 1 keep it up
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 6:58am On Nov 01, 2016
at this point we have seen all the characters coming together nd .... their relationship has been defined .. all the suspenseful modes has been cracked open.. let's discuss... what do you think is going to happen next... cos the next episodes is going to unfold a lot of hidden secrets nd lifestyles... is Joseph going to die?? please throw in your comments nd thoughts...
Re: Save Me!! by sirblero(m): 11:03am On Nov 01, 2016
To Be Sincere Wit U, Ur Gr8... BUT Yu Bhav As If We're Ntin..Nd Dis Tred Is Ntin... U Hardy Update Makin Us DIScouraged 2 Visit Ur Thread And Comment... IF ONLY YOU'LD CHANGE! This story will go FAR beyond Yur Imagination..

Atlist Now..The Suspense In Getin 2 Knw 'HU'S HU' Is Clerd... I Just Pray Joseph Doesnt Die.. Bt Cumin 2 Undastnd His James..., *dts Wrt Bin friends Is Abwt*
Nice Story... #following
More Ideas To Your Story..
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 5:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
very sorry about that sirblero, I pay attention to the story really... just got busy in between and I update once a day.. due to the nature of my work... my update comes mostly at night... thanks to all who have read it nd will still still read it.. am grateful for your encouraging words nd critics likewise... seriously... am grateful... next update comes in a jiffy...
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode twelve*

Declare me innocent, O lord
For I have acted with integrity;
I have trusted in the lord without wavering.
-Psalms 26:1
"Where is this place?, it is so dark and cold... Wait! Am I dead?... no! Am not dead, ... I can't die yet... This place seems empty and I can't even move myself ... Am I in hell?... Ha Jesus!... No oh!! I cant go to hell... Wait it seems like I can feel something", Joseph's head was doing the talking to him as he lay in the hospital bed unconsciously. He had been unconscious for close to two days...

"Doctor!, nurse!...he is moving his hands...he is awake!!", Jadesola screamed on top of her voice, she was the only one in the hospital room allocated specially for Joseph, John had paid specially for the room, and Jadesola in turn had volunteered to stay with him all through the night. She slept on the plastic chairs in the room and had put herself through the rigour of watching him all night, in case he woke up.

She had woken up and gone to ease herself, she was tired and needed the comfort of her bed but the man on the hospital bed meant more to her than her sleep.. She was not even sure she would be able to sleep if she went home...

"Where am I?, how did I get here?", Joseph asked the nurse who came to attend to him, just then his eyes fell on Jadesola. She was wearing a sad look, he made his hand to signal to her to come closer. Just then, he felt a sharp pain cross through his body. He looked at his hand and saw a heavy bandage, his brain started processing the events that had happened in the past few days.

"You were involved in an accident. You were lucky the impact was not much", Jadesola said smiling. She had prayed heaven and earth for him to come out of his coma and here he was though still confused.

Jadesola moved towards him and sat beside him on the bed as soon as the nurse left saying..."The doctor will soon be here".

She smiled at him and said, "You will be fine, it just a dislocated joint and the doctor said a few therapy will heal you". Joseph stared at her but still couldn't picture her face everything still seemed blurry to him. Just then, the doctor came in.

"You!!, I know you from somewhere", Joseph said to the doctor , his brain quickly processed the whole information and he could remember everything vividly.

"Can you please take me away from here!!, they both want to kill me ohh, I can't stay here with this two betrayers", Joseph screamed as much as his voice could allow him. Jadesola, was so frightened that she ran out of his room, while doctor Paul quickly signaled to the nurse who came in with him and he administered a drug to him. Joseph gradually fell asleep, while doctor Paul shook his head, turned to leave the room only to meet the staring eyes of John and they both went away to his office.
--------------------------------

"Why can't you forgive me of whatever sin I committed against you, I know I was stubborn when I was a little girl, I rebelled and fought my parents a lot and am sorry", Jadesola said, she was tired and her eyes were red and swollen from long hours of crying.
The last time she cried like this was the night she visited Joseph in Mowe after the incident with doctor Paul...

"Am sorry Jadesola, I cant do this anymore...dating you was a mistake I regret for the rest of my life. I can't continue lying to myself...am sorry!", Joseph said to him, facing his window. He didn't even give her an opportunity to explain the situation to her, and as she made for the door hoping to try again later, he dropped the bomb that shattered her entire life.

"Don't bother coming here anymore, cos I will be traveling out of the country in two weeks time, at least our path will never cross again forever", he said as he sat on his bed, not even casting a glance at her.

"Mum, what is my sin?", Jadesola wept on her mother's shoulder, she couldn't bear it anymore, she traveled back to Ibadan immediately to meet her mother. That was the only person other than Eunice who really understood her.

"My daughter, truth be told, I think its time you see, woli Joshua.. Each time I spoke to him about you, he kept telling me that I should bring you over for spiritual cleansing", her mother said.

After many persuasions, she went with her mother, the so called woli who told her that she was suffering from attacks from her spiritual husband. "You see my sister, all you need is a spiritual cleansing with the holy water made of blood and water". Jadesola, despite her spiritual understanding accepted to do it, after all she was tired of her situation, her father had lost his job the very day she came home with her admission letter in the name of compulsory retirement, as if that is not enough, her dad reminded her everyday that she was the cause of his problems, he had narrated how he lost his parents who were her grandparents to a ghastly motor accidents just seconds after she was given birth to.

They were rushing down to the hospital to meet their son when the brake failed. So far, every important moment of her life must have a challenge. She had thought her 'jinxed' life had come to an end when she met Joseph, but she was far from being free from her tormentor as the spiritualist has said.

"9pm tomorrow night, come with a white wrapper, and erhm mum jade, let her come alone, because we need to face a serious battle of her life", the spiritualist said when they asked for the time for the cleansing.

"Are you a baby, don't you understand these things? You see, the only way you can be free is if you allow me to release the holy water I carry inside of me to your body", the so called woli Joshua said to her on the night of the cleansing. Jadesola was alone in his consulting room, clad in only a white wrapper, and the spiritualist had come in with his white shorts. She was surprised and she asked his why he was not yet ready for the prayer session as she thought but then the actions that followed made her realise what he meant by "holy water made of blood and water". He meant the need to sleep with her.

Angry at the turnout of event she gave the skinny man the beating of his life. She was more than angry at her mother, a non practising lawyer and writer for Christ's sake, she wondered how her mother met the man despite her education and exposure. Well she was to be blamed. Despite her knowledge of the scriptures and her spiritual position as an executive in her fellowship back then on campus she still couldn't take her stand.

Her life had spiraled down till she met Busayo, well things got worse when she discovered she couldn't love him.

She finally had a breakthrough when Eunice and John invited her to their church and she attended Sunday.. Oh that was a life changing encounter she had.

"Your challenges are not meant to push you far away from God. They are meant to make you depend on God the more. You are supposed to throw your weights on him and let him carry you through the fire", she said as she taught on the topic "rest".

"Come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. That was when he was still on earth, the moment he said, "it is finished" we entered into his rest. It is a promise made fulfilled, you do not have to carry your burdens all alone....Moreover dear, cursed is anyone that is hanged on a tree. Jesus took the curse of the law along with him, you are free from every entanglement around you, only if you believe", Mrs Anthony said to her in her office after the service she was the assistant pastor of the church. Jadesola had gone to meet her to mentor her after the service...
Now she looked at the two situations before her, and she felt like she was back to square one. She needed to see her mentor, she needed some revitalising words...

"Sister Jade, here you are, my brother wants to see you", Tola said to her. He had met doctor Paul on the way and he had described Jade's location to him.

"I will be there in a minute", she said as she took a deep sigh, stood up from under the tree, dusted her skirt and went with Tola. They were on their way when she saw doctor Paul and about three other doctors running towards Joseph's room. She saw the nurses with panic written over their face. She was scared. "I pray he is fine", she said as she continued on her journey to Busayo's room with the mind that she couldn't do anything to help him either if she was there. Just as she got to Busayo's room, her phone rang and she saw the caller..."Hello, John!.. No!!!", she screamed!!

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Feel free to repost on other social media

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Me!! by sirblero(m): 10:21am On Nov 02, 2016
That Joseph's Dead My God It Can't Happn... Pls Let Ntin Happn To Him....
Nice One Op, #following
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 7:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode thirteen*

O lord how long will you forget me? Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul, with sorrow in my heart everyday?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?.
-psalms 13:1-2

"What exactly is my sin, Lord?" Joseph asked as tears rolled down from his eyes.

"Those were my words close to eighteen years ago." Funmilayo said as she walked in with James. The duo had been outside waiting for him to wake up. James had called her when John called him that things had turned out differently for Joseph...

"I just don't understand why he refused to grant me death while I suffered pain staying alive...my heart is bleeding Funmi, I barely survived the last attack." Joseph replied her looking away to avoid eye contact with James. Funmi understood his words too well. He had just battled death, while the doctors and surgeons were running helter skelter to save his life, he kept screaming "I want to die." Doctor Paul injected him with a sleeping drug which ought to last for three hours. By the time the nurse would come back to check if he was awake, she met him pulsating and shivering in shocking, she had to call the doctor who immediately put him on life support oxygen machine. They fought hard to know why the shock came up only to discover he had internal bleeding. They operated on him, but towards the end of the operation they lost him. His heart stopped beating.

"Am sorry he didn't make it." doctor Paul said, amidst tears. Even though the operation was successful, Joseph didn't have a will to live, so he didn't fight for his life...

"No! He cannot die, he is not dead!!" the devastated John screamed, he immediately called Jadesola and James. He needed their help.

"Has he woken up?" Jadesola said panting. She still didn't want to believe Joseph was dead yet. She saw him some few hours ago. "He can't be dead. I am finished. I will crash totally." she said, as she sat on the floor in a gradual motion.

"If this is the only thing you would grant me for the rest of my life, its worth trading my other requests for... Please bring him back for me. I promise you I will leave his life for good. I will forget him and you know maybe try and love someone else." Jadesola desperately prayed as if God was waiting for her prayers, almost immediately, a nurse ran out to call doctor Paul who was still comforting John.

"He is awake doctor. He is breathing again." the nurse said, as the whole place was filled with uproars of people screaming "thank you Jesus", "halleluyah"....
Jadesola walked away knowing she had to fulfil her part of the bargain. She was never going to set her eyes on him again.......Just then James and Funmilayo walked to meet John screaming and shouting for joy, before he left after receiving an urgent phone call...

"The fact that he is silent does not mean he can't hear you. Why don't you stop complaining and see him in all these. The scriptures says all things work together for..." Funmi said to joseph. She wanted to try her little best to convince him that God loved him despite the situation, but the former bible study secretary thought otherwise as he finished her statement.

"...good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose... See I am not Job who claims he is righteous. But don't tell me he was there all through when I was facing the worst challenge of my life. Where was he when my father planted the seed of failure in me? Where was he when Patrick died because of my mistakes? Where was he went I had an accident?..." Joseph couldn't take it anymore someone had to understand him.

"The same place he was when his only son was sacrificed to make you righteous, and don't tell me you still see yourself as a sinner, Because I know you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus..." Funmi said to him convincingly.

"When you pass through fire I will be there with you. He might seem too far, but he is an ever present help in times of trouble. He is mighty to save..." James whose eye was swollen said in an outburst. He couldn't bear to see his best friend talking like a pagan who doesn't know God...

Funmi looked at james, she remembered what he said in the car on his way to hospital, "I don't want to loose him too, I lost my dad. Now am going to loose my best friend...? No lord please save him...I was only envious of his almost perfect life...I didn't mean to hurt him. Please save him."

"Can I be alone for a while?" Joseph finally said breaking the silence in the room. James and Funmi stood up to leave the room.. He needed to meditate on those words he needed to find himself. He was too lost.

"Try looking on the inside than on the outside... Remember who you are in Christ...You are a son!! And know that every one has their darkest times...You need the light in your darkest times...There is always light at the end of every tunnel. Look up unto Jesus the author and the finisher of your faith. He loves you Jossy!..." Funmi said, with that face that showed experience...

----------------------------------------

"Who is that...?" Funmi asked, as she walked hazily to the door, it was eleven in the night, and she was the only one at home, her mum had gone for a vigil, and her dad, only God knows where that man had gone to.

"Lizzy, if you don't open this door, I will break it and ..ermhmm.. I will erhmm..." Funmi recognised that voice. Her good for nothing father was back, drunk as usual. Only God knows why her mother married the irresponsible man, he had no job, no ambition, no asset of any kind. The only thing he was good for was drinking..

"Mum, are you sure, daddy is my father?" Funmi had asked her mother one evening after her father had recklessly beaten her mother to near death. She also partook in the beating when she came to rescue her mother.

"He is your father, and he will always be your father. My dear he was not like this before, I just don't understand what came over him, ehn!! It must be his witch of a mother." Funmi's mother said, trying to clean her tears. Well no one would blame her for marrying him, he was a sweet young accountant who had met her when she was having her teaching practice.

Their love relationship started and somehow along the way he pressurized her into having sexual relations with him, since he promised marriage, she gave in. Soon she became pregnant. And after series of attempt to abort it. Her parents got wind of it, and she was forced to marry him after her father threatened to disown her because she destroyed the family's reputation by getting pregnant outside marriage. A year into their marriage, he came home telling his wife that he had resigned from his job.

"Kayode, why will you just wake up in the morning and resign your job as an accountant without consulting me?" she said almost shouting in shock.

"Well my mother said I should go and start a business. She said business is my destined path in life." Kayode answered his wife non-challantly.

Things had never been the same for them ever since then. Thanks to her elder brother who lived abroad and sends money to her, coupled with her new job as the assistant headmistress, she and her daughter would have starved to death because his so called business that got ruined at the first shipment he ordered for. Kayode invested all his life savings and the entire container sank on its way to Nigeria. He became a drunk after that, coupled with womanising..
"Elizabeth, you do not want to open the do...or for me abi...? I will send you parking right now." Funmi's father said to his daughter, after the girl reluctantly opened the door for him. He was staggering and smelling of alcohol...

"You look sooo beautiful tonight Elizabeth..." The drunk father said touching his daughter's face thinking she was his wife...

"Daddy abeg leave me alone, it is Funmi, not mummy" she said slapping her father's hand, and walked briskly towards her room. Unknown to her, her father was following her, as soon as she opened her door, he pushed her in, rough handled her, and he ended up raping her of her innocence...

"Elizabeth, you still this sweet." He said still ignorant of his actions, as he wore his trousers and left the room while Funmi was crying heavily. Her own father has just deflowered and defiled her without shame and remorse, she felt like the ground should open up on her.

"Haaa! Mogbe...My only child.. .Haaa kayode has ended up in destroying my life.. Kayode!!!" Funmi's mother screamed on top of her voice as she ran to the sitting room where the drunk Kayode laid still snoring and oblivious of his environment...

"Kayode you have killed me!!!...You have slept with your own daughter, your flesh and blood,..." she said dragging and beating him...While Kayode woke up not understanding her tantrum, until he heard the words as she repeated them...He became sober immediately, he had thought it was his wife as usual.. He picked his cloth from the floor and went out...

"Park everything...Enough is enough, I am leaving this house today." Elizabeth instructed her daughter after she kept having nightmares about the incident.
Her brother told her to come over to the states and since Funmi was just about to start her senior secondary, she obeyed, he sent the money for the papers and passport, that was how Funmi became an Americana.

"Funmi, I am not going to forgive him, not after everything he did to you and I. Am not even expecting you to forgive him easily." Lizzy said to her daughter, its been years they had been abroad, Eunice had called two weeks ago that her father was dead. He was poisoned by his new wife, who ran away with his millions of naira..

"I forgave him years ago mum. He was an ignorant sinner who knew nothing about freedom through grace...am a son now and forgiveness is my birthright, though it was hard for me at first,but come to think of it...Despite how bad I was, he washed me, regenerated me, justified me, purified me, then he added, *your sins will I remember no more*..." Funmi lectured her mother..."Joyce Meyer, that you love so much had a similar experience like mine..." she added,while her mum whose head was bent raised it with tears in her eyes...

Due to her mum's health she journeyed to Nigeria alone for her father's burial. She was on her way back to the states after the burial. Eunice had dropped her at the airport when she heard her name..."Omoboriola Funmilayo," she turned around to see a young, heavily built,handsome guy. That was her wish, but she saw quite the opposite in the young man walking down to meet her, and for the first time in ten years, her heart skipped a beat...

James... she said in whisper, ........

To be continued in episode 14
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 10:49am On Nov 04, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode Fourteen*

My child don't lose sight of common sense and discernment,
Hang to them,
For they will refresh your soul
They are like jewels on a necklace
They keep you safe on your way
And your feet will not stumble....
-Proverbs 3:21-23

"What kind of life is this?" the staggering Tola said to herself. She couldn't walk anymore so she decided to sit on the pavement in front of uncovered pavilion... Her life was a mess already.

Five years ago, she had been called home during her final junior WAEC examination that her mum was terribly sick and she needed to see her, she didn't go home immediately because of her examination...

Two days later, she got home to meet everyone in black cloth. She didn't understand what the situation was.

"Broda mi, where is mummy?" the confused girl asked her brother who only raised his head to stare at her and looked the other way...

"He has been like this ever since the incident" his ex-girlfriend answered Tola, who still couldn't understand the situation and by the way, the presence of her brother's naughty ex-girlfriend infuriated her the more, though unlike her usual character she seemed calm...

"What incident, and why are you not answering? Why is everyone ignoring me? Where is my dad" she asked in succession as she moved closer to her brother's bed where he was seated with his back resting on the pillow...

"He is on his way from Canada. He had a business meeting, so he should be back in Nigeria tonight. By the way why don't you go to your room, change your clothes, and let the maid fix your lunch." her brother said, avoiding the first question ....

"So am now a baby ehn!.. If you can't tell me what is happening I will go and ask aunty bola." Tola said more like a threat than a reply. Bola the maid in the house was popularly known for her ability to gossip.

"Don't you get it...? Mum is dead!!!" Busayo screamed at his sister, annoyed at her insensitiveness to her environment. Everyone in the house not only wore a black cloth, they also wore a gloomy face.

"Which of the mummies, mine or yours" Tola said sarcastically with tears already gathering in her eyes. She took after her dad. She never took things serious unless she had seen a live evidence and by the way, she was not expecting her mum to be dead, so she absolutely wasn't insensitive...

"No...no she can't be dead, she was only sick...no!!! Not my mum!!!" she screamed on top of her voice followed by several jumping and rolling on the floor, if not for the timely intervention of her brother and his ex, she would have injured herself..

Life was not fair to her at all. She lost her favourite sister when just nine years old, her brother's twin, she had gone to the market to buy her birthday gift and she took a bike to avoid the heavy traffic only to end her life in a ghastly motor accident. Her brother could not take it, though it brought the seemingly separated family together, but her father was surely still mourning her. He spent more days traveling than staying at home which was his own way of dealing with the death of his favourite daughter.

Who would not love Busola? Her jokes and effort to make you smile at all cost was something to remember always.

Busayo and his mother had become very close pals while Tola was sent to boarding school.
Now, her mother was gone, how would she cope? "I need my mother, God why are you this wicked?" She was the only female I could talk to, now she is gone..." Tola said to herself. Her brother has become a shadow of himself he hardly talked to anyone, if he was not going for lectures then he was in his room always. The house was so silent, except during the night when her dad who now stayed frequently at home was watching the television in the living room..

Tola barely made it through ss3, as she kept and made friends in school who influenced her life negatively. She was introduced to sneaking out of school for parties. She was the daughter of a rich man which made her susceptible to a lot of caucus and cliche wanting her presence in their midst...

Though she was not really the "bad girl" but she loved to dance and drink alcohol, that was for her to forget her pains...

She changed briefly when her waec results showed how bad her life really was, she had to enroll again, with her dad threatening not to sponsor her education if she failed again...

She wrote her jamb and waec and passed excellently giving the opportunity to get admission to the school of her choice Obafemi Awolowo University to study the course of her choice, Architecture. She just loved the course so much maybe because that was the course her big sister was studying before she died.
Shortly after her admission, her then hostel mates in Moremi, reintroduced her to party life again, she spent most of her weekends at new Buka. A times, she went to town to visit her boyfriend who was in his final year, Yomi. Yomi was a farmer's son who lived a fake life in school.

Tola had met him during her departmental fresher's party, they hooked up and started dating... After many advances from him to take her to bed, which she refused he resulted to the use of force. He had taken her to a party made sure she was drunk, took her to an hotel room, and almost slept with her, if not for his friends who asked him to film her naked and blackmail her with the video...

As if that was not enough, he asked her for one hundred thousand naira, and her willing to sleep with him in exchange for the video, she was confused as to what to do. Lost in thought, she walked all the way from the gate till she got to Mainbowl. She was tired and she couldn't walk anymore so she sat down in front of uncovered pavilion, tired of her life and the mess she had gotten herself into.

"Hello dear, errhmm do you mind some company?" Jadesola said to the weeping girl, who turned around to see the intruder.

"Am sorry, I just want to be alone" Tola said, she was not ready for any sermon right now...

"I know you want to be alone, am just not comfortable seeing a beautiful girl like you sit here alone crying... Moreover a problem shared is half solved...I just feel I could help" Jadesola said taking her seat. She definitely won't take a no for an answer, though she was late for her leader's prayer meeting...

"Am not sure, you can solve mine.. Its way bigger than your league, miss..." Tola who was surprised at the stranger's persistence said still trying to push her away.

"You never can tell, if I can't solve it, I might know someone who can " Jadesola said convincingly, which made Tola to reason deep and she decided to relate her situation to her...

Like an expert, Jadesola listened all through, counselled her and promised to help her through the situation, which she did. The matter was taken to the school authority who handled it well and also expelled Yomi when they found out he had been involved in such an act for a long time...

"Erhm sister Jadesola, please oh, I want to ask for something ohh," Tola said as she lied on the bed in Jadesola's room during her usual visit.

"What is it sweetie?" Jadesola answered from the kitchen, she was preparing an awesome meal for both of them.

"I don't know how possible this might be...But can you do it for me?" she said sitting up and looking at Jadesola who was already standing in front of her cleaning her hands with an handkerchief..

"Nothing is impossible for God" Jade said smiling.

"I want you to be my school mother and possibly my motherly figure for life" Tola said, standing up to hug Jadesola.

"Yes dear, I will gladly do that for you" Jadesola replied patting her back.

-------------------------------------

"You were always like my mum and my twin" Busayo said to Jadesola who was feeding him a plate of rice Tola had cooked...

"You are not serious. I don't think I can ever replace them in your life" Jadesola said smiling, she actually was blushing as she remembered the day Tola asked her to be her school mother. She felt so special. Here she was with a guy she was trying hard to love who was also Tola's brother saying her motherly skills were awesome...

"Hello!! That is not the way to my mouth" Busayo said aloud, she has retreated to her thoughts again, he wondered how she did that so quickly.

"Am sorry, errhmm. I was not thinking, erhnm I was thinking that we give it a chance again...Maybe this time lets pick it up from friendship...Just friendship I might end up falling in love with you..." Jadesola said confusingly, that was not what was on her mind, but she said that to make up for her absentmindedness,
"Jadesola!!! We are friends okay? And I don't think I want to go down that road with you again.. Okay.. Why don't you tell me exactly what is wrong, a problem shared is halved solved" Busayo said using her own usual words against her, knowing fully well she would not talk about it. She was the type of person who faced her problems alone, yet she took other people's burden on herself...

"Dearie...talk to me, am a listener too" Busayo reiterated to the head bent lady sitting in front of him...

Jadesola took a deep sigh and narrated the entire episode to him, while Tola who had been watching the duo, though she didn't hear their conversation because of the earpiece she had on her ears smiled to herself...How she wished they were really in love...
She saw the way they giggled and laughed and remembered her mother and her big sister, that was the same effect they had on her brother. Her eyes were teary, so she quickly stood up and went outside to clean her tears and as she ran outside she collided with someone...As she picked up her phone she heard a familiar voice...How would she forget that voice...? She looked up to see his face...

"You!!! What are you doing here?" She asked as he stared at her dumbfoundedly...

To be continued
©Doctorlash
#feel free to repost on any social media#
#criticisms and comments are welcome#
Re: Save Me!! by sirblero(m): 11:23am On Nov 04, 2016
Bravo Bro! Bravo!! More Ideas To Yur Story... #still_glued
Re: Save Me!! by tunjilomo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
Nice one.
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode fifteen*

A person without self control is like a
City with broken-down walls....
-Proverbs 25:28
-----------------------------------------------
"What is happening here?" Mrs Botiri asked the duo, though the question was actually directed to the house maid who was standing half naked, trying to cover her self with a wrapper,

"I am finished!!!" she screamed, louder. Well she had just faced a great shocker in her life,she had caught her 16year old son sleeping with her housemaid.. Who was 7years older than he was, or maybe the reverse was the case.

None of the duo was expecting the presence of Jame's parents in the house. Mrs Botiri was expected to still be in Dubai, while her husband should be on one of his trips to India for his medical check up. She had arrived and when there was no one to welcome her, she went to the maid's room and found no one, then she proceeded to her son's room only to find him under her house maid, doing the most despicable act ever.

Its not Nne's fault too. The entire episode that led to that very day started 9years before. James was still a little boy and he hardly did anything than wake up from bed. The maid bathed him, clothed him, took him to school too. His parents were never around. His father, a civil engineer with various trips from one part of the country to another, while his mother, a jewelry dealer. She was either in Dubai or one of those countries abroad, and when she was in Nigeria she was practically in her shop, or attending one party or another. James never knew his parents except on Christmas and easter..

Nne his maid, suddenly became attracted to him, as a result of the heartbreak she had from her boyfriend.. He was bathing James on a Saturday morning and they were all alone in the big mansion, when she suddenly had the urge to touch him sexually. The naked little boy was standing in front of her unperturbed all he wanted was a bathe so that he could resume his sleeping mode again... She went ahead with her urge, and James who didn't understand it, just felt the little tingly effect that came with it, he didn't ask any questions as he thought it was a new way to bathe him.

Soon it became a routine for Nne to touch his manhood when she was bathing for him, then she graduated to taking her bathe with him and encouraging him to also touch her inappropriate manners....

This act became more frequent, and the little boy who seemed to enjoy the touching her part of it, became curious and wanted to know more, so when he was 10 and in jss1 she introduced him to pornography, they would watch the video clips together and practiced the various acts together,

James became more experienced when his classmates told him about their various escapades with girls, well he was fellowship member in his secondary due to the influence of his best friend, so he certainly couldn't share his home experience with anyone, he kept it a secret. By jss3, his parents moved him to the boarding school, he was angry, he protested for days, but it didn't have any effect because there was no one to protest to, all they had to do was pay his bills and take him to school.
He soon resulted in masturbation as a mode of replacing Nne his house maid although he missed her. He never spent a second in school as soon as it was holiday ... He was home to satisfy his sexual urge with her, this continued for years, while Nne who thought she had him under her influence threw caution to the wind and slept in his room at all times...

On that day before they were caught, she was tired and just finished her period. James had pestered her, haven waited for her to finish her menstruation period. They had started their usual act, when the door flung open revealing their secret to Mrs Botiri...
Nne did not spend the night in that house, she was sacked and sent away.. James was not cautioned or dealt with, she even ignored the fact that her son was involved in the act, she blamed the maid stating she must have seduced him...

James couldn't take it anymore, he watched pornography and became a regular porn subscriber. The only time he was not on a pornography website was when his friends were around, and none of them knew about his sexual addiction. Who would know? he knew the bible and was good at teaching the scriptures, but he had a dual life...

His short journey in UNIBEN before crossing to OAU was full of various escapades. He took his time to sleep with various girls, he enjoyed every bit of it... But as soon as he got to OAU, his "bad lifestyle" changed, he had to fit in to his friends' mode of life, he was not a bit born again, and he still secretly masturbated, he lusted after ladies, and all he practiced was activities...

"Hello Tola, am sorry I was asleep" James lied to the beautiful young damsel standing him front of him, he was busy with his laptop watching a new pornography video he had just downloaded, he couldn't hear her knocks because he had earpiece in his ears, it was Joseph's call that made him realise someone was at the door...

"Thanks pastor James, you are looking fresh ohh" Tola replied him. She was clad in a pink inner singlet covered with a white jacket and a short white skirt just a little above her knee..

"This girl is sexy ohh, God abeg save me from this temptation" James silently said to himself as the young girl went straight to the bed and lied on it, she soon went to the kitchen and fixed for herself indomie noodles. After she was done eating, she picked up Joseph's laptop to watch some movies before sleeping off on the bed.

"Hey!! See this sexy legs, chai.... How I wish I can touch them, wait! who says I can't, by the way she is asleep na! "James give yourself brain, this is Joseph's protegee" "Abegii, protegee ko, protegee ni, is it protégée that will dress this provocatively to her mentor's house, and sleep like this with all her thighs exposed on her mentor's bed, something must be between both of them, and I am interested in being a part of it." James thought to himself, as he grinned and smiled wickedly, he stood up from the table where he was watching the movie on his laptop, and tiptoed to where Tola was. He had a second thought as to him touching her, but he immediately swung into action as he made movements, touching her legs to her thighs. His actions woke her up...

"Pastor James what are you doing?" the shocked and confused girl asked him...

"Shhh, why are you behaving as if you are innocent, c'mon, it wont take long, lie flat jare." he commanded the girl.

"Leave me alone sir!" she screamed as she tried to struggle with James who was trying hard to get through her clothes.

The door flung open as Joseph appeared at the door and as if he was mad, he pounced on James, and gave him the beating of his life, while Tola, quickly picked up her bag which she dropped on the table and ran out of the room.

Joseph soon stopped beating James who was already bleeding. James stood up and cleaned himself up. As soon as Joseph left the room, he knew he had created more damage to himself... His reputation as a fellowship executive, his friendship was all gone down the drain in few minutes of seeking justification for his fleshy desires...

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.... The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.... The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so.... Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.... You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.... But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.... And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.... Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it... For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live....For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God...

The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children." James listened as the preacher on the radio read Romans chapter 8 verses 5 to 16 out loud to his ears. He knew that verse too well but he never paid serious attention to it, though he taught it during his hall meetings, it never made any meaning to him.... He was in a deep mess, he needed to be saved,

"Please save me, am drowning deep in this sea of sin, save me lord, am ready for an encounter with you." James cried, his eyes releasing tears in maximum quantity. The bus he boarded at Ojota was not yet full, so he cried right there.... Everything changed for him...
------------------------------------

"Everything changed for me, I couldn't trust any man, I had the same thought for every man that walked up to me, I believed all they wanted was my body, I kept that incident as a secret, I didn't even tell my mentor." Tola said, after she listened to James story. Funmilayo too had joined them while they were talking...

"I am really sorry Tola, I wish I could turn the hands of time, I wish... "James said with his eyes in tears. There were a lot of things he needed to fix...

"Its fine pastor James" Tola said, seeing James as he bumped to the stranger, brought back a very scary memory for her, and she had screamed at him. She had turned back to run when James held her hand, and said "Tola please wait, just give me few minutes to explain myself."

Maybe Tola was not the only one who needed to hear his story, Funmilayo too needed to know his hidden past. And when he was done narrating it, she looked at him and smiled.

"Tola, all I could ask is for you to forgive him.... I understand what he went through though mine was different, but I could remember while praying for my spouse, and the Holy Spirit said all things works together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose. Now I understand. I went through similar challenges and I quite understand him now." Funmi finally said.

"I have forgiven him a long time ago, I think all I need to do, forget the incident having understood why it happened, and thank pastor James for telling me your story,I have learnt a lot from it." she said as she stood up and went back to her brother's hospital room...

James looked at Funmilayo asked "Will Joseph be able to forgive me?"

To be continued
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
Free to repost on any social media

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode sixteen*

Wounds from a sincere friends
Are better than many kisses from an enemy
The heartfelt counsel of a friend
is as sweet as perfume and incense......
-Proverbs 27:6,9
"What are doing here all alone?" John asked Joseph as he walked into the hut. Joseph had been discharged from the hospital for over a week. John brought him home to stay with him instead of the accommodation provided for him by his employer. He couldn't let his friend off quickly...

"Just wanted to be alone." Joseph said, as his friend sat on one of the seat in the hut.

"Still running away from James right?" John said stating the obvious.

Joseph looked away. His issue with James was not even an issue he wanted to deal with at the moment, he knew he still could've forgiven him for his actions, though he was still thinking about it, he definitely didn't know where to start...

"The sky is cloudy right...? And it seems like it wants to rain." Joseph said trying to bring his friend's attention back to the present

"John, you won't understand." Joseph quickly replied, he knew his friend had a knack for playing with words.
"The fact that it is cloudy does not mean it will rain you know?" John said, not minding his friend... He was going somewhere with his word and he needed to hit it home..

"I don't think I can forgive him right now, I don't think I am ready to forgive anyone." Joseph said, standing up. He certainly knew what his heart was saying but he wanted to hold on to the hurt and pain. That was what made him the man he was right now. His ability to hide his pain too well,

"You certainly are not human...!!" John quickly said sarcastically, then he added "To err his human forgiveness is divine...that word itself is not just an English adage. Going through the scripture, I discovered that forgiveness is something that comes natural as a spirit being, Jossy I know you can do it."
"Why haven't I seen Jadesola? She never showed up after the first day I woke up at the hospital." Joseph said trying to change the topic, he knew John was right, he needed to forgive his friends, but that would take him a lot of energy and he certainly was not emotionally prepared.

"Have you tried calling her?" John asked smiling. This conversation is not going anywhere. Joseph was playing hide and seek with him.

"I don't have her number, and I don't think I can call her yet...I was just asking." Joseph said as he returned back to his former seat

"Erhmm Jossy...can I ask you a very funny question?" John finally said breaking the three minutes silence.
"Am all ears." he knew John would not back out so easily. He was ready to scream at him if he continued with the forgiveness topic. He was not a baby to be lectured about forgiving others, even if he is struggling to stand, he still knew the right thing to do. All he was saying was they should give him some time.

"Why are you not fixing this?" John said staring at his friend, who didn't seem to understand John's question. "I mean the Joseph I know never stays in this kind of mess, he would have fixed it, he is good at fixing other people's problems, he is the best counsellor I know, yet I wonder why when you had your own issue, you couldn't fix it. The damage itself is not even beyond repairs. All its needs is just little patching and fixing." John quickly added, to buttress his point.

"You don't know me John!! And trust me, you certainly don't understand this situation...What am I even saying, how will you understand it? When you had a perfect life, everything went well for you bro." Joseph said almost angrily. His friend was getting on his nerves by reminding him of who he was...

"Nice point Joseph. My life seems perfect. But you know too well, that you don't judge a book by its cover..." he said clapping his hands, he stood up and walked up to his friend and stood in front of him...

"You are missing the point here. You can't fix or repair your life on your own, you can't go on getting angry at everyone. It creates more hurt and pain within you... And am certainly not a repairman, but you know too well who can. You told me once when we were in school..."Come unto me all ye that are depressed,and heavy laden and I will give you rest"...your own mode of rephrase the scripture. Why don't you start by repairing the broken bridge between you and the father. That way you can fix every other part of your life, cos you won't be doing it alone. I know Jesus is more than interested in your life right now. Try letting him in, try talking to him." John said as each of his words created more blows on his friend. He stood up and made his way to the entrance...

"Tomorrow is Sunday...I would want you to go to church with me." John said to his friend as he got to the door. Joseph's head was bent. John knew he was in deep thought but he needed him to face the truth. He was experienced in the matter of forgiveness. It came easy for him, and he was sure his friend could get through it if he allowed the solution..

"Yes, I know the way out, but...how do I start? Its been close to six years we have had a conversation last. Oh God if you can still hear me, I need your help desperately." he thought deep as he bent his head...
-------------------------------------
"Holy Spirit help me out here!" John said inwardly. Right in his hands was a sack letter. His boss, a lady he had refused to have an affair with had just given him a sack letter...

"John you are not a baby, you understand what am asking for." Mrs Okanlawon said to him. She had invited him to a restaurant close to their office for lunch. John honored the invitation thinking it was an important matter, and secondly he would use the opportunity to introduce the person of Christ to her...

"Erhmm. Ma. I don't seem to understand everything you are saying just yet." John said, still recovering from the shocking proposal his boss made to him. She asked him to create a fake budget. The money from the fake budget would be diverted to a different account....

"C'mon, okay I know what I will do, let's do it this way, we will share the money 40:60. I will be topping your own share with some more money." she replied placing her hand on his thigh. John quickly adjusted himself understanding very well what she was implying...

The last accountant had hinted him when he was leaving that she was a flirt, and prayed that she never casts her glance on him. As fate would have it his prayer never passed the roof of the company, because as soon as he resumed his duty as the new accountant. She had made it mandatory for him to report to her office once in two days...now!! She had not just made a pass at him but had also asked him to breach the company's policy by siphoning money for her, despite being the chairman's wife...

"I don't think I can do this and sin against God... Moreso, it would be sheer wicked on my part." John said standing to his feet, he was done with the nonsense he was seeing before him. She just couldn't keep her hands off him. She kept touching him in sensitive parts of his body...

"Your job might be at risk John. Would you sacrifice your huge salary for this little compromise?" she said trying to shake him a little bit and also remind him that she was his boss.

"Is this all you can do, sack me? And then get another guy to do your dirty work. Ma'am you need a new life. Have you ever imagined what would happen if I was caught? Have you ever thought of how life would be without all these money and power. Think about it ma'am..." John said, as he walked up to the door, leaving her staring at him. The sack letter was to scare him to do her bidding. She had thought he would run to her office and beg her, but he had walked in boldly and shook her conscience with truthful words...

"Now where do I start from? John said to himself as he drove his car along the streets of Lagos. He had spent close to five months searching for a job before he got this one, now he was sacked, would he go searching again...

"Son, Joseph gave up five minutes enjoyment for a life that lasted forever." John looked beside him, he heard the voice, he clearly heard the voice.

"Ok am all ears lord." John said in a whisper as he searched for a place to park his car beside the road.
"All things works together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose." the voice said to him again, John relaxed, he knew it was the Holy Spirit. "I know the thoughts I have towards you, the thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you hope and everlasting future." John knew those parts of the scripture too well. They were his anchor words when the devil wanted to strike at him using doubts...
"Thanks Holy Spirit. I will be at rest, though I will starting searching, but I believe there is something better than this for me out there." he said, as he ignited his car and drove to his apartment...

"Hello dad...this weekend...That's tomorrow naaaa.. Okay. I will come over...No am not busy. I will explain to you when I get home." he dropped his call. His dad had called him immediately he got to his apartment, the old man wanted him to come over to Ondo to spend the weekend with him. John was happy. At least he would be able to talk to his mentor who was also his biological father. He took after the man in wisdom, career except in appearance though when he was a kid, he had always thought about it, he was the only one in the house who had a dark complexion. His two siblings, Dotun and Tade were very fair in complexion so also was his dad and mum, but seeing his grandmother at his grandfather's burial made him let go of the thought that he was not a part of the family. His grandmother was also dark in complexion...

"Good evening dad." John greeted his dad as he walked up to the handsome though old man sitting on a plastic chair with a bottle of wine on the plastic table in front of him. He loved to relax at the back of his house every evening especially on weekends. As soon as John arrived, he knew where to find him...
"Hello son, how was your trip? I didn't hear the sound of your car." he said, as he patted his son who was prostrating to greet him.

"I didn't come with my car.. I boarded the public transport. Hmmh, old papa you are looking fresh and handsome ohh. You don't want to age a bit at all." John said as he stood to his feet smiling at his father and even made an attempt to hit him playfully. If a stranger walked in on the duo. They could be mistaken for brothers. Their relationship was unique...
"Dad, I want to go inside and change into something light and am hungry. I need some home cooked food." Joseph said to his dad who laughed as he said home cooked food...

As soon as John got into the house he went to the kitchen and prepared a meal of rice and stew for himself, before going to his room to relax. Fifteen minutes later, he had a sudden urge to study the scripture. So he picked his journal. He was just opening through it when his eyes fell on a message he had preached. "Jesus type of forgiveness." he smiled as he remembered the day he preached the message, the various questions he was asked. Just then the Holy Spirit spoke to him. "Do you know a message is easily preached than being done...would you forgive anyone for the worst pain they might inflict on you, even if its someone you love so much?" the question in his heart made him thought hard... "Forgiveness is his nature as a spirit being, so it shouldn't be hard for him." he concluded.

"He is inside...but have not ...." Mr Collins was telling his visitors when John walked into the sitting room, he didn't know his dad had visitors. But his entry had made the man stop his words and seeing the visitors he turned back to excuse himself...

"Erhm John please come and have your seat, I was just about to call for you." Mr Collins said. John sat on one of the sofas, but his eyes were fixed on the couple sitting in front if him. The man looked so familiar...

"Son.. Hmmmh!" Mr John said after the silence, he took a deep sigh and continued. "I want to tell you a story and I believe you are a mature man, so even before the completion of my story you might understand what the story is about." Mr Collins said, facing John and adjusting himself before he continued..."You see, about 25 years ago, a man and his wife were coming from a vigil when they met a little baby probably a week old at their door, they couldn't decipher who dropped the baby at their door, so they took him in, a cute little boy, they waited for two days maybe anyone would come and claim him, but no one came, so they went to the police station to make complains, after which they officially adopted him since they had not had any child of their own... 24 years after, the mother of the baby showed up with her husband, weeping and crying, she had traced the couple and found where they were living and she wanted to meet her son." Mr Collins said feeling uncomfortable as he moved on to the next sentence...
"Son!! You are that cute little boy and here sitting before you are your real parents." Mr Collins said knowing the weight of his words. He cleaned his already teary eyes as he waited for John to say something...

"25 years and..." he stood up and walked to the window with tears flowing down his eyes... He was adopted, all his life till now, he was living a fake life, a life based on lies, no wonder he didn't resemble anyone in the family.... No wonder he resembled the man sitting in front of him.... No wonder, they felt familiar... What should he say?... Haaa!! The Holy Spirit is really a great partner, he had hinted him ahead, prepared him for what was coming... He had no choice... He must forgive and move on." John thought as he stood backing them as they all awaited him...
"Errhm John, I know as a mother I failed you... I was scared and young, your father was just a Corper who came to serve in our town, and I didn't know what to do..." the woman who was supposed to be his real mother spoke up amidst tears...

"I know we can't make for the years we have abandoned you. All we ask for is your forgiveness." the man spoke up... His voice was firm...

"Well...I forgive you all." John said smiling as he turned back to face them shocking them with his response. They were expecting an outburst. But he was much relaxed and calm...

"No matter your excuses, it doesn't justify what you have done, but who would have known, if you had kept me, I wouldn't have been raised by my dad, I might not have been an accountant. Infact...the past is gone.. I believe God saw this coming before orchestrating everything to be like this. So let just forget the past and move on with the present." John said as he moved towards them opening his arms for a hug....

"Woaw... This is the most mature person have ever met in my life." Mr Collins exclaimed... As his son, adopted son to be precise walked up to him smiling

"Well thanks to the Holy Spirit who hinted me ahead and got me prepared and also for your awesome teaching. I couldn't have asked for a better father." he replied his adopted father ...

Well just like the Holy Spirit had said, the meeting ended on a more soothing note, as John got another surprise, his real father was the owner of one the best accounting firms in Lagos, while they were gisting John had mentioned his unemployment, and his various job hunt.. And the man had offered him a better job.. To be the chairman of his own company.. Anyway, either he wanted the company or not.. It belonged to him. Because he was their only child. The couple couldn't conceive... That was how he moved from being an employee to being an employer...

"God's will is indeed perfect. Obedience is better than sacrifice." John finally said as he sat on his chair on his first day at work.....

To be continued
©doctorlash(MOIM)

1 Like

Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Episode seventeen*

Wise words are like deep waters;
Wisdom flows from the wise like a brookling brook......
-Proverbs 18:4
"I remembered narrating this story many times in our meeting but I think today I might have to reiterate an important part of my story... This morning the Holy Spirit would have me repeat it..."Pastor(Dr) Paul said as his voice was booming in the speaker. Joseph had followed John to church and they both sat at the front seat. Joseph was ready for an encounter. He missed his fellowship with God...
"I remember that very scenario where I entered my father in law's room after hearing the sound. The old man was bleeding from the broken pieces of glasses that pierced his hand when he fell, he was trying to fix his dead wife's picture when he slipped. As a Doctor I quickly treated him. Though he accepted our proposal but I faced another round of issues in my life until the Holy Spirit intervened..." Doctor Paul said, as he motioned to pick his handkerchief to clean his face. He was the youth pastor of the church and it was youth's Sunday...
Joseph sat comfortably, though he was shocked at first when he saw doctor Paul coming up to the pulpit, John had explained the situation to him...
"This morning I would be teaching on *forgiving yourself* . I know some people here would say pastor Paul has come with his teachings again...anyway, sit back and relax because I will be teaching you a revelation that the Holy Spirit taught me when I was depressed blaming myself about the situations I found myself in...you see brethren you can't give what you don't have. How can you easily forgive another person when you have not learnt to forgive yourself? Are you getting me?" Doctor Paul asked the attentive congregation and they chorused yes!!
"Alright, firstly you need to understand that Life is full of choices and every choice we make will either take us in a positive, life-giving direction or rob us of the opportunity to be a life-giving individual. Forgiving ourselves does not let us off the hook, it does not justify what we have done, and it is not a sign of weakness. Rather is a symbol of strength." Doctor Paul was hitting on the introduction of his teaching... Joseph was at full attention he understood the Holy Spirit was opening his eyes of understanding to some deep things...
"Now listen carefully to this- If you look in the mirror and look yourself in the eyes but you don't like the person you see, then you need to forgive yourself and learn how to love the person that God has made in you! This is what we call a stronghold, or an incorrect thinking pattern that needs to be torn down in your mind. If you have repented of your sins, and taken them before the Lord, then you are forgiven and now you need to come to realize the power of that. You need to stop associating your failures with your "new creation" image, for God's Word says...
2 Corinthians 5:17, "Therefore if any man be in
Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." Doctor Paul jumped down from the pulpit. The message was getting hotter. Then he continued his message.

"Can you honestly look in the mirror and tell yourself, "I love you" and mean it within your heart? I'm not talking about a prideful way, but a humble means of accepting who God has formed in you. We need to love and accept the person that Christ has made in us, and forgive ourselves as Christ has forgiven us!.. Face your neighbour and repeat that to him or her." He said that, when he noticed some people were already dozing...

"Now lets talk about the importance of forgiving yourself. When you look inside, you hate yourself, you could kick yourself over and over for your past failures and choices. You've come to Jesus and repented, but you haven't really accepted the truth about what Jesus has done for you yet. You still feel ashamed and guilty over your past and you keep holding it against yourself. The way you see yourself is not an accurate picture of what Christ has done for you. My brothers and sisters!!! It is basically denying the work that Jesus accomplished for you on the cross! If your sins are forgiven, then you need to see yourself as separated from your sins. The enemy will try diligently to remind you of your past and continue to beat you up over sins that were supposed to be nailed to the cross. Tell your neighbour- I have been crucified with Christ Halleluyah..." He walked back to pulpit and went through his sermon note then he continued the message...

"You see...if you are wrapped up in guilt and condemnation my friend...you NEED to forgive yourself. You can go through deliverance, but if you don't forgive yourself for the mistakes you've made, you won't experience the breakthrough that you need to be totally set free. Let me make you understand the reality.... When the recipient of a gift receives it gladly and with joy, the giver is glorified. But when the recipient receives the gift, but ignores it, the giver is mocked, belittled and feels unappreciated. It is the same thing when we fail to forgive ourselves. We are like a child who is given a trip to Disney World for Christmas, yet he keeps complaining that he can't go even after his parents have already packed the car and are waiting on him to get in! How would you feel if you were that child's parents? Wouldn't you feel sick inside, knowing that you spent all that money on the trip, the tickets, the hotel reservations, etc, and your son refuses to go because he doesn't believe that what you gave him was real? Hmmmmmh just think about how your heavenly Father feels when He looks down and sees His children walking around beating themselves up over things that He shed His blood so that they could be forgiven and set free from?" Doctor Paul adjusted the microphone that was attached to his ears.

"Are you enjoying yourself in the presence of God...?" The congregation screamed "yes sir." Although he was not a motivational speaker, he definitely knew how to catch his audience's attention
"I believe it is clear that failing to forgive ourselves
from our past mistakes is denying the work of the cross and the shed Blood of Christ in our lives. When God's Word tells us that we've been washed clean with the Blood of Christ and our sins are removed through the atoning work that Jesus did for us... yet we still "could kick ourselves" for our mistakes, then we are basically saying, "I don't care what the Blood of Jesus has done, I still hate myself for what I've done!" "It's staging to think such a thing, but that is what really happens when we refuse to forgive ourselves." Doctor Paul held out his hands in a funny way, placing it by his side. Then he walked up to a lady in the crowd and said to her "If you don't see yourself as a new creature in Christ, then you have a serious problem. You will be hindered and held back from freely and confidently living out who you really are in Christ! You will be hesitant and feel unworthy to approach your Heavenly Father, because you feel you're a failure and unworthy. This is why it is vital for your conscience to be cleansed of dead works, I mean your past failures... The scripture in Hebrews 9 verse14 says- "How much more shall the blood of
Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself
without spot to God, purge your conscience from
dead works to serve the living God?" He read the bible offhand and pointing at the large screen that was projecting the Bible verses...

"Listen to this...Failing to forgive yourself will put blinders on your spiritual eyesight quickly. It will cause you to see things through the eyes of guilt, shame and condemnation. It will ruin your faith, and cause you to go blind spiritually. Second Peter chapter 1 verse 9 says "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."
In the following verse, we are told to forgive one
another, but did you know that the root word for
the phrase "one another" actually includes yourself? The Greek root word Heautou refers not only to others, but also to ourselves! Listen to what Colossians 3:13 has to say... "Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye." ...Doctor Paul was sweating profusely.
Joseph was on his feet. He could not absorb those words coming out at him. The Holy Spirit was hitting him right in his heart. John was really happy, he had brought him to church that morning though he was reluctant at first...
"Should I stop here and maybe share the grace?" doctor Paul said. "No sir!!, continue please." The response came from various sections of the congregation...

"Now, God's Word tells us that Jesus purged that is,
removed our sins Hebrews chapter 1 verse 3 says "...when he had by himself purged our sins..." but if we fail to forgive ourselves, we are in essence, calling God's Word a liar! We are saying- "I hate myself because I did that sin...I won't forgive myself of it!" When God's Word tells us that the sin has been PURGED or REMOVED from us, who are we to say that it is still part of our past? We are in essence, calling God's Word a LIE! Seriously, brethren...I can't tell you how important it is to realize that when the recipient of a gift which is you and I receives a
gift of Jesus' shed blood for the forgiveness of
our sins with joy and enjoys it to the fullness, the
giver of that gift that is Jesus is glorified! Failing
to forgive ourselves is denying or rejecting the gift
of God and brings no glory actually dishonor and
humiliation to what Jesus did for us. Can you please project Hebrews chapter 10 verse 1 to 22... He faced the screen and he read it out loud..

"For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect. For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshipers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins. Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure. Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. Above when he said, sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. By the which will we are sanctified through the offeringof the body of Jesus Christ once for all. And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down on the right hand of God; From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. For by one offering he hath perfected forever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more . Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having a high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

"I so much love the book of Hebrews...so explanatory. Alright lets take a step further. Can we all open our bibles to Matthew 14:21-31...its a story we very conversant with...Peter and Jesus...Its something we Christians are guilty of. We follow Christ yet we look at the environment like Peter, and we are drowning... So quickly, how do we get through unforgiving spirit. How do we stop it? Let's see Step1 which says, *be honest with yourself*...you have to realize that deep down inside, you're not happy with the person of your past. If you are in denial, then forget trying to treat the root of your problem. You need to see the problem before you can apply the solution. It might even be helpful to list all of the things that you hate about your past, and one-by-one, give them to the Lord and release yourself from each failure." "I hope you are writing it down... Step 2 says you need to realize that your debt has been PAID...The only way that you can beat yourself up, after Jesus has paid your debt, is if you aren't accepting the gift that He has given you. If He has paid the debt, and you keep denying that fact, then you are rejecting the very gift that God has given you! You need to accept what Jesus has done for you by faith...Galatians 2:16 says "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified."

My brother...the blood of Jesus was shed for the payment of your sins. Jesus said it clearly in Matthew chapter 26 verse 28, "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins." Now Because of the powerful work that Christ did for us on the cross, God's Word tells us to come boldly unto the throne of grace, so that we can obtain mercy:...The price for your redemption has been paid in full. It's up to you receive it and realize that the blood of Jesus actually removes the sin from your record. Now you need to see yourself as being forgiven and justified which means, "just as if you've never sinned." In Luke 7, Jesus took a very sinful woman likely a prostitute and freely washed her clean without hesitation...Luke 7:47 says "Wherefore I say unto thee, her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. "This verse is just one example of how freely Jesus would forgive a person of their sins. It is true that if we take our sins to Jesus, He will freely forgive us without hesitation: Also take a look at Romans 3:24, "Being justified freely by his grace
through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:"
There is also no sin that you can take to Jesus which He will not forgive, for the Bible tells us that He is prepared to cleanse us of ALL unrighteousness if we will turn to Him with our failures! Even 1John 1:9 made it more clear that "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." We are getting closer to the end of the teaching." Doctor Paul said out loud, as he checked his wristwatch. The protocol official already brought a warning note for him to round up.

"Let us quickly look into Step 3 which says- Allow the Holy Spirit to heal your soul. You need to let God heal you. As long as you keep holding something against yourself, you are blocking the Holy Spirit's power from entering and healing that area of your mind and life! You need to open up your heart, and allow the light of Christ to shine into the darkness of your soul....and to the last step it says- Begin to see the "new creature" of Christ within you...You are not seeing yourself as you really are. If you've repented of your past, and sought God's forgiveness, then you are forgiven and justified which means "just as if I've never sinned"..It's not that you should try to forget what happened and don't remind yourself of it either, but the important key is to see your past through the Blood of Jesus. You need to see your past as "paid in full" by the work that Christ did for you on the cross! Seeing things with this perspective changes everything! You need to begin seeing yourself through the blood of Jesus. So that day, when the enemy was trying to beat me up over my past, the Holy Spirit spoke clearly to me and said, "You need to KNOW that you're clean...your faith depends upon it!" Your what!!..." Doctor Paul screamed loud as he closed his sermon note...
Tears were flowing from Joseph's eyes... The sermon was an eye opener, it touched every part of his life... He was sorry for everything... As just as the altar call was made... He was the first to make his way to the altar... And as he got to the front a hand touched his shoulder. He looked back and saw Jadesola.. And beside her was James. Their eyes were red from crying. Joseph turned around and hugged his best friend saying I forgive you. And then he turned to look at Jadesola... "Sweetheart am sorry... I know I hurt you." He was cut short by Jade who made a shut up sign with her hand to her mouth... They joined the others who were standing in front to say their confessions to God...

To be continued in the epilogue...
©Doctorlash(MOIM)
#feel free to repost on any social media
#comments and criticisms are welcome.
Re: Save Me!! by doctorlash(m): 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
*SAVE ME!!*
*Epilogue*

"I could remember vividly the words of king Solomon in his famous Songs of Solomon chapter 8 verse 7 saying..., Many waters can not quench love. Well love in it self is the person of God." Joseph said as he held his wine glass. He was making the best man toast at the reception of the marriage ceremony of James and Funmilayo.... What a journey they had gone through during the past two months; having to postpone the wedding due to the death of James' father, James' fight and reconciliation with Joseph which led to John being substituted as the best man. Anyway he willingly gave the position to the one man who should have been there all along...

"All things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose...I can say today, that at standing here clad in this white suit as the best man to my best friend is a dream come through, and as funny as it may sound, this dude here is getting married to his childhood crush, who had a crush on me instead." he said grinning and winking at James, as the audience laughed heartily...

"Anyway to save us from my so sermonised and might be long speech, I want us to raise our glasses filled with wine, as we toast to this lovely couples...to a successful and fruitful marriage." he held out his glasses as soon as he finished saying that and soon the atmosphere was filled with sounds of glass cups hitting each other. The couple moved to the centre of the stage to dance, while Joseph quickly walked up to Jadesola, who was the bridesmaid. He asked her a for dance as the couple rocked their body to music played by the D.J... On another side of the stage John and Eunice were dancing religiously...

"Hello Pastor Joseph." Tola called out to him. He had gone out to pick something in the car, and as he walked through the hall, Tola noticed him...

"Hello dear..." he quickly said, offering her a hug which she took gracefully. He had visited her when James had told him after his encounter with her, that they were back to being mentor and mentee. She insisted she wanted to be under his tutelage, despite Joseph's plea...

"Meet my elder brother, Busayo. The one aunty Jade was talking about that day." she said introducing him to her brother. The guy shook him and drew him closer whispering something into his ears. Joseph's laughter made Tola giggle as she guessed what her brother would have said to him... Busayo after his discharge from the hospital had been different, he was more playful and he had more time for his kid sister. Also, he was seeing one of Jadesola's old university friend- Janet, whom she was fond of calling "four eyes" Jadesola did the matchmaking and the two had hit it off like they were a match made from heaven.

Another section featured Mr and Mrs Adejola, Joseph's parents... The man was eating the fried and jollof rice with speed because his wife had threatened to take his meat if she was done with her food before him. What a duo. Love at old age... Well Joseph had given them a big shock when he got home and prostrated to apologise to his father. They had both wept and in the later weeks they became pals calling each other, with Joseph visiting home whenever he was free...

Just then, the master of the ceremony came up to the stage and made an announcement that it was time for the three musketeers to have their presentation.. In a jiffy Joseph, James and John were transformed as they dressed like the ancient musketeers, Arthos,Porthos and Aramis... They did a little parade and then they went towards the direction of their spouses, picked them up like they were motioning for a dance... The beat changed and... just then... James and John took a toy gun that was carved with a stick and shot at Joseph who fell down... Everyone was perplexed they didn't understand what was happening. The bridesmaid Jadesola ran over to where he was lying on the floor. While his two friends were acting according to the script by feigning their unconcern... Jadesola, oblivious of what the other guys were doing decided to act along by playing the lover girl who went to rescue her lover... Just as she got to him and held him in his arms..., she heard one sentence on the speaker that shocked her to the bones...

"Will you marry me Jadesola?" Joseph said as he turned his face to her. He was holding a microphone... And in a twinkle of an eye. He was on his knees with a box containing a ring in his hand, while Jadesola stood there shocked, she had not expected it. She only wanted to play along with the script but what she was seeing was no longer a drama. Joseph was proposing to her. She closed her eyes as the crowd cheered her up shouting "say yes"...
And then in one breathe, she said "I love you Joseph, and YES I want to marry you!"

*THE END*

Appreciation....
My appreciation goes to the entire editing crew of Men of Issachar Ministry, Akinola Seun, and also to my best friend, and sweetheart, Harun Opeyemi. Thanks to you two for your time and support.
Also to my esteemed readers, thanks for reading with me... I want to say this to people who have missed one episode or the other... You can contact me on my private number 08134075321, and I will get it across to you... And if you need counselling and advice on any issue, am very much available...

I hope you have been able to get the lessons from the story, ranging from parental mistakes, to wrong decisions, hidden secrets, betrayal, and lots more... Which ever sphere you fall into, please make amends...
I remain my humble self...
Ikumawoyi Toluwalase a.k.a Doctor Lash.
President
Men of Issachar ministry

...remain blessed...
Re: Save Me!! by Wane2: 10:16am On Nov 13, 2016
Short but very meaningful taught me many lessons may good stories never cease from your mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“The Darkness Around A Rope” By Gentle Eyisi / Your Favourite Book Of All Time / Black Is Beautiful (poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 404
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.