Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,762 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? (29191 Views)

All Parents Do Read This. / How Did Our Parents 'do It', That We Never Caught Them While We Were Kids / What do Your Parents Do When A Movie Gets To A Sex Scene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2016
Do you agree ?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by eph12(m): 2:47pm On Oct 02, 2016
Hmmm! Though I agree with this but not totally or 100%
Age is important if you're going to expose your child to everything. Some things a 7 years old can't handle you keep away from him or her

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
eph12:
Hmmm! Though I agree with this but not totally or 100%

Why don't you agree totally ?
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by sarjay1000: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
Personally I believe parents should find a balance between what a child should be taught at home and how best to handle other issues outside the Home. No parent can teach a child all that needs to be known. Importantly ,there's a Age ripe enough for certain Topics so parents don't expose young minds too early. But it would be difficult to hide some facts especially in this era of Social media and Technology.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Do you agree ?

I agree. Kids are like sponges that can super absorb and be turned into anything you want.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
I will protect my children's innocence for as long as possible and yet will be aware that I can't 'censor life' entirely and forever so until then I will do my best to give them the skills that will help them make the right decisions.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

I agree. Kids are like sponges that can super absorb and be turned into anything you want.

I don't think so. No mother wanted to bring up a rap.ist or a serial killer and not every child can excel at mathematics or football. They are not a blank page when they come to this world and some of them have a stronger will than others.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

Isn't that dangerous ? I think kids need to be protected from anything that can influence them negatively . They are very impressionable you know . Kids can be inquisitive too, you can tame their wild level of curiosity in a clever way .

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Isn't that dangerous ? I think kids need to be protected from anything that can influence them negatively . They are very impressionable you know . Kids can be inquisitive too, you can tame their wild level of curiosity in a clever way .

There is sensitive information and knowledge that will protect them from predators. That is important in this world. Like tell them never to UnCloth or to be undressed by anybody except their parent. And to report anyone who tries anything fishy.

I see many defilement incidences and what is common in most victims is that they don't know they have been defiled and that they need help. Some parents take weeks to notice. Some kids cannot talk about what happened because they are afraid of their parents. Then occasionally you have a kid that can explain themselves and describe the incident very well and you just love their parents.

But am also talking about other forms of knowledge. Not necessarily classroom knowledge. Am thinking of Knowledge of spiritual things, cultural things and socio-political things. You know the saying, if you want to bend a fish. You do it when it's fresh. Start as soon as the kid starts understanding your words.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

I don't think so. No mother wanted to bring up a rap.ist or a serial killer and not every child can excel at mathematics or football. They are not a blank page when they come to this world and some of them have a stronger will than others.
You may have a point. But still, a child will not depart from the ways he is brought up with. No matter how evil.

There are people here who are good examples of that. Like SirWere. He hates God, but hes a faithful church goer and even evangelizes to the lost. Thats good parenting. You just need to be careful to correct wrongdoing as early as possible.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

You may have a point. But still, a child will not depart from the ways he is brought up with. No matter how evil.

There are people here who are good examples of that. Like SirWere. He hates God, but hes a faithful church goer and even evangelizes to the lost. Thats good parenting. You just need to be careful to correct wrongdoing as early as possible.

look around your neighbourhood, try to remember those you grew up with, and tell me once again the bolded is true.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

It is not necessarily evil to depart from your upbringing to some extent. Our paretns and we as parents are just human and may not understand everything and always be 100% right.

I am lost here. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

There is sensitive information and knowledge that will protect them from predators. That is important in this world. Like tell them never to UnCloth or to be undressed by anybody except their parent. And to report anyone who tries anything fishy.

I see many defilement incidences and what is common in most victims is that they don't know they have been defiled and that they need help. Some parents take weeks to notice. Some kids cannot talk about what happened because they are afraid of their parents. Then occasionally you have a kid that can explain themselves and describe the incident very well and you just love their parents.

But am also talking about other forms of knowledge. Not necessarily classroom knowledge. Am thinking of Knowledge of spiritual things, cultural things and socio-political things. You know the saying, if you want to bend a fish. You do it when it's fresh. Start as soon as the kid starts understanding your words.

How will you know when a kid starts understanding your words ? Obeying your instructions doesn't really mean he understands you .
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 6:20pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
Do you agree ?
It's a two way thing. A child raised and taught how to survive in a society as depraved as ours it's not a bad idea.

The ones who grow up doing what they like are mostly the ones whose parents kept them locked when they were growing up.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mindfulness:
I will protect my children's innocence for as long as possible and yet will be aware that I can't 'censor life' entirely and forever so until then I will do my best to give them the skills that will help them make the right decisions.
Right decisions based on truth, right? Truth devoid of religion and tradition, that is.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
Joavid:

look around your neighbourhood, try to remember those you grew up with, and tell me once again the bolded is true.
Maybe not entirely true.

I think the psychological environment is the other secret contributor.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How will you know when a kid starts understanding your words ? Obeying your instructions doesn't really mean he understands you .
When they can make conversation. No matter how incomprehensible.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

It is not necessarily evil to depart from your upbringing to some extent. Our paretns and we as parents are just human and may not understand everything and always be 100% right.

I am lost here. undecided
I'd say you do your best as a parent and pray hard that they keep the path, what men can't control, God can.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

How on earth did you make this assumption

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
SirWere:

How on earth did you make this assumption

You don't? undecided

So he turned out even better than I thought smiley .
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

You don't? undecided

So he turned out even better than I thought smiley .

Why on earth would you even have assumed I hate God in the first place. I doubt his existence, plain and simple. I don't have emotional attachments to him.

In fact, if anything, I like the way the Godhead (Son, father, spirit) is represented in the testaments (mostly the corinths; Romans and thess).

I like the idea of eternal love and peace and moderation. I like the hope it proffers:......even though I think such hope is misplaced.

So please and please; I do not hate "God"; I'm simply skeptical about his existence.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Right decisions based on truth, right? Truth devoid of religion and tradition, that is.

Which religion is the true one?
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Muafrika2:

I'd say you do your best as a parent and pray hard that they keep the path, what men can't control, God can.

I am not trying to control my children, I desire to protect them. You are right. What I cannot do, God can.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Which religion is the true one?
As far as I'm concerned, none!. What I believe in is raising your kids accordingly and equip them with the tools they need to survive, especially in a dangerous society like the one we live in.

It's a must my kids must learn self defence. I'm thinking karate...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
joseph1832ng:
As far as I'm concerned, none!. What I believe in is raising your kids accordingly and equip them with the tools they need to survive, especially in a dangerous society like the one we live in.

Just don't talk your children into seeing the world as wicked place. Show them the beautiful side of life too. smiley
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mindfulness:

Just don't talk your children into seeing the world as wicked place. Show them the beautiful side of life too. smiley
Oh I sure will. But I won't make the mistake of telling them the world is a beautiful without telling them it's also a bad place. It's nice to give them a heads up what they will face when the time comes...

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 03, 2016
SirWere:

Why on earth would you even have assumed I hate God in the first place. I doubt his existence, plain and simple. I don't have emotional attachments to him.

In fact, if anything, I like the way the Godhead (Son, father, spirit) is represented in the testaments (mostly the corinths; Romans and thess).

I like the idea of eternal love and peace and moderation. I like the hope it proffers:......even though I think such hope is misplaced.

So please and please; I do not hate "God"; I'm simply skeptical about his existence.
Noted,
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 03, 2016
joseph1832ng:

I agree, knowing how evil people can be is very important. So that they can't follow around everybody that calls. Thats how kids get harmed. It's better they be called rude and hard headed towards elders than to be that kid that can be pushed around and abused.
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Oh I sure will. But I won't make the mistake of telling them the world is a beautiful without telling them it's also a bad place. It's nice to give them a heads up what they will face when the time comes...

But why have children at all if the society is so dangerous and the world so wicked according to you?
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Mindfulness:

But why have children at all if the society is so dangerous and the world so wicked according to you?
Exactly my point. That's why I still don't have a kid. But don't get me wrong. The world is a beautiful place, as well as its a dangerous place. I plan on letting my kid(s) know this.

I'll start having kids when I feel the time is right. smiley

We use our very own hands to make what we want for ourselves. Hope you understand this?
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
joseph1832ng:
Exactly my point. That's why I still don't have a kid. But don't get me wrong. The world is a beautiful place, as well as its a dangerous place. I plan and letting my kid(s) know this.

I'll start having kids when I feel the time is right. smiley

We use our very own hands to make what we want for ourselves. Hope you understand this?

I do. smiley
Re: Nairaland Parents , Do You Agree With This ? by joseph1832ng: 7:00pm On Oct 03, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? / Court Declares LG Marriage Certificates Illegal / Few Tips For Husbands Of Pregnant Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.