Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? (6625 Views)

Why Israel Is Not Allowed For Olympics Swimming Competition. Funny / How Long Did It Take You To Notice What's Wrong With This Picture / And Judas Did It Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2016
The distance between Egypt and Israel is about 613 Kilometers.
But it took Moses and the Israelites 40years to complete their journey. angry
On the average each day, they walked only 43metres, yes, 43metres, almost half of what Usain Bolt does in 5seconds. undecided
I just wish Moses was around to explain this Laziness. undecided

#HappySundayPeepz
Cc; lalasticlala

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
make I spread my mat here incase lalasticlala carry am reach fp
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by khalhokage(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
I sight you.
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 02, 2016
khalhokage:
I sight you.
I sight you too grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by osesology(m): 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2016
I believe that they didn't walk straight but instead moved round and round. Moreover, there must have been thick forests and a large expanse of desert in those days.

And also, if you are familiar with the Bible, you will also know that they were very disobedient and stubborn, so God punished them and made the journey difficult. Even almighty Moses didn't get to enter into the promised land because of his disobedience.

And to add to that, other nations kept attacking them left and right on their way. (the Philistines were their oldest enemies) And concering the land of Caanan and eventually turning it to the land of lsrael wasn't an easy task too. It must have taken them a lot of time to strategize.

*mythoughtsthough*
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by khalhokage(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
cekhoe:
I sight you too grin
smiley
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2016
osesology:
I believe that they didn't walk straight but instead moved round and round. Moreover, there must have been thick forests and a large expanse of desert in those days.

And also, if you are familiar with the Bible, you will also know that they were very disobedient and stubborn, so God punished them and made the journey difficult. Even almighty Moses didn't get to enter into the promised land because of his disobedience.

And to add to that other nations kept attacking them left and right on their way. (the Philistines were their oldest enemies) And concering the land of Caanan and eventually turning it to the land of lsrael wasn't an easy task too. It must have taken them a lot of time to strategize.

*mythoughtsthough*
I think the bolded are the two best possible reasons
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by jossypet(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
1. Unbelief
2. To grow unto maturity
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Sunnykaka(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2016
ok
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Sunnykaka(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
o
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by wezzyjasified(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
khalhokage:

smiley
can I join you??
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by wezzyjasified(m): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2016
2dugged:
make I spread my mat here incase lalasticlala carry am reach fp
can I join you??
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by khalhokage(m): 1:54pm On Oct 03, 2016
wezzyjasified:

can I join you??

No, I no gree, go back.
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by wezzyjasified(m): 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
khalhokage:

No, I no gree, go back.
k
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2016
wezzyjasified:
can I join you??
make I shift, oya siddon
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by wezzyjasified(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
2dugged:
make I shift, oya siddon
thanks. God bless you.. omo, this ur mat set oo..
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
wezzyjasified:
thanks. God bless you.. omo, this ur mat set oo..
don't mention , change begins with me grin
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by gqboyy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
I wonder oooo
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by wezzyjasified(m): 3:54am On Oct 04, 2016
2dugged:
don't mention , change begins with me grin
begins with all of us. wish how leaders can be like u. caring n not self-centered
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Nobody: 6:11am On Oct 04, 2016
wezzyjasified:

begins with all of us. wish how leaders can be like u. caring n not self-centered
awww,now you gonna make me cry, so touching grin
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by AreaFada2: 4:03am On Nov 10, 2016
People take Bible stories at face value.

The stories mean something far deeper than literally.
Taking it literally, the earth is under 7000 years old. But we know that cannot be true. Unless you're saying that God did not create everything.

Yet carbon dating has shown both plant & animal/human remains way older than 7000 years. Dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years. So are some mammoths for tens of thousands of years.
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by Askmewhy(m): 9:47pm On Nov 16, 2016
AreaFada2:
People take Bible stories at face value.

The stories mean something far deeper than literally.
Taking it literally, the earth is under 7000 years old. But we know that cannot be true. Unless you're saying that God did not create everything.

Yet carbon dating has shown both plant & animal/human remains way older than 7000 years. Dinosaurs have been extinct for millions of years. So are some mammoths for tens of thousands of years.

What is ur point please?
Re: Why Did It Take The Israelites 40years From Egypt To Israel? by AreaFada2: 3:06am On Nov 17, 2016
Askmewhy:

What is ur point please?

My point is simple. The Bible is not literally what it seems in many ways. It might not please Zombie Christians to hear but that is how it is.

In the same way there wasn't any good Samaritan that helped & a wicked Jewish religious priest that left a beaten the robbery victim to his fate. It was used to illustrate common behaviours in our daily life. Not literally.

Many things are just illustrations that require us to decode with our God-given common sense.

Or how do you explain the remains of skeletons dated as millions of years old if the world is under 7000 years old? shocked shocked

That the scientists are not accurate?

(1) (Reply)

Birthday S£x / This Will Mess With Your Mind! / Hilarious #10yearschallenge Meme That Will Crack Your Ribs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.