Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,368 members, 7,864,701 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) (47386 Views)

Baby Girl Surrounded By 4 Brothers (Photos) / My Husband Doesn't Want Me To Be Close To His Brothers. Is He Normal? / Two Nigerian Brothers Recreate Their Childhood Photo. See What They Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Kangol99(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
RIP

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by CASTOSVILLA(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:
When God gives children to careless, undeserving and lackadaisical parents, this is what happens to their wards.

Why don't we have child services in this country, they should prosecute cases as this in our country. This is 3rd degree Murder.

Nda Chioma is an ugly soul. I object to the description of recklessness on the part of a parent as fine soul
Stop this, because you don't know what you're saying.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by godson4u79(m): 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:
When God gives children to careless, undeserving and lackadaisical parents, this is what happens to their wards.

Why don't we have child services in this country, they should prosecute cases as this in our country. This is 3rd degree Murder.

Nda Chioma is an ugly soul. I object to the description of recklessness on the part of a parent as fine soul

[size=18pt]
Am with you on this...Absolute Neglect!
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by GMbuharii: 8:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
Keneking:
Lalasticlala - these kids got drown not kidnapped.
come u dis keneking,lala dey owe u money or did he snatch ur woman or something? U've freed jona ooooo,now its lala ooooo hahahahahaha... grin

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by godson4u79(m): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
eyinjuege:

The children are old enough to go and play around in their neighborhood, old enough to walk to their neighborhood school themselves.
It's just an unfortunate accident. Maybe they never knew how to swim, or the current was too strong for them.

How old re they? What age do kids outgrow parents supervision? The bitter truth is that the parents failed in there duties!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2016
godson4u79:

[size=18pt]
Am with you on this...Absolute Neglect!
[/size]

Thank you. Some persons are already attacking me and taking sides with a reckless parent. Can't they see the picture of those two boys, they are way too young, for their parent not to have an eye on them. It is absolute carelessness on the part of their parent. There is nothing fine about her soul.

4 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by godson4u79(m): 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
LastMumu:

Almost 90% of your posts on Nairaland are always off-point and ill-thought.

Begs for question if you truly have common sense at all or the one you have right now needs servicing.

You just exposing your Moniker!

One needs not be told that you were raised in a slum cos you absolutely know nothing about parental care and responsibility

You probably would have been hawking right from Age 5

2 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by godson4u79(m): 9:03pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Thank you. Some persons are already attacking me and taking sides with a reckless parent. Can't they see the picture of those two boys, they are way too young, for their parent not to have an eye on them. It is absolute carelessness on the part of their parent. There is nothing fine about her soul.

SPOT-ON

2 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by flokii: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

that "undeserving" caught my attention.. we have so many of them around

they prefer to engage in meaningless things, chat and seek cheap attention all day long.
Even fowls without brain will still skol most of them in d act of parenting

RIP to d poor kids
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by beautiful232(f): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2016
I'm in tears right now feel so sad and I wonder what their parents will feel May GOD give the family the heart to bear this painful loss sad
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by peace92: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
Keneking:
Lalasticlala - these kids got drown not kidnapped.
did he say he was kidnapped
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by lastpage: 9:18pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

The level of Child-Neglect in Nigeria is alarming!
You will wonder whether they just get the children dashed-out to them for free!

Careless parents who just let children roam around willy-nilly.
We also have parents who dont TRAIN their children PROPERLY, on Rights & Wrongs, Do's and Dont's

No wonder the "Holy Book" said: Train-Up your child PROPERLY......... and He will "GIVE YOU REST"

We can create excuses for ourselves and try to hide from the truth but the stats are all there to see: We dont take ENOUGH CARE of our children.
Maybe its because some have too many! undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Orikinla(m): 9:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
Poor parental supervision caused the tragedy.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Orikinla(m): 9:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

We also have parents who dont TRAIN their children PROPERLY, on Rights & Wrongs, Do's and Dont's

No wonder the "Holy Book" said: Train-Up your child PROPERLY......... and He will "GIVE YOU REST"

We can create excuses for ourselves and try to hide from the truth but the stats are all there to see: We dont take ENOUGH CARE of our children.

Lastpage!
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Orikinla(m): 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
lastpage:

Lastpage!

I have better parenting among goats and sheep than many Nigerian parents.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by eyinjuege: 9:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Objection! Please spare me, i will not be a party to recklessness, you call an 11 year old old enough to go and swim alone. How redundant. See how young and innocent those kids are. It is the responsibility of every parent to protect their kids.

Yes, it's the responsibility of parents to protect their kids.

I'm not saying the children should have gone to the lagoon by themselves, I'm sure they went without the knowledge of their parents. Most African parents wouldn't allow their children near water anyway, but my point is an 11 and a 14 year old child can be allowed to play on their own. That's not too young. They can go to school themselves if it's not too far from home, they're old enough not to talk to strangers, they're old enough to run errands in the neighborhood, to go and play football around.
I see their deaths as a misadventure, and not negligence on the part of the parents
Recently, five young men drowned in the UK. They were even swimmers, but died while trying to save each other. They were all best friends.
I remember a case of 2 indian students dying in ABU Zaria then. They had gone to the dam to take a stroll, and one slipped and fell in. The other instinctively jumped in to save his girlfriend forgetting he couldn't swim. They both drowned.
So the boys in question might have just gone to play around there, and might have fallen into the canal/lagoon.
Anyway, that's the way I see it. My opinion.
If I truly felt the parents were negligent, I would have been amongst the first to castigate them.

7 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Talk2Bella(f): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2016
May unspeakable peace fill this woman in her time of grief.

Dunno what to say embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by mightyhazell: 10:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Poor young souls!

Neglect on the path of dia guardians.
May God grant dem d fortitude 2 carry on tho!

Some fools here are trivialising and makin fun of dis sad event with talks abt oba and lagoon and all dat. May God forgive u all

3 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by Afribiz(f): 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
May God console the family.

Our kids shall never be victims of such calamity. No evil shall befall us and no plague shall come near our dwelling place in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by bbjummy: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2016
OMG! This is sordid. May the entire family find solace in God.
BTW, @Tweakm55QQ and @strillnaija must you do your advert on this trend? SMH!
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by obailala(m): 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Are you sure you are okay?
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by dominique(f): 10:32pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Who are you to judge? Do you think it is possible for parents to keep watch over their children 24 hours a day? They have work/ business to go about, they also have their lives to live. Were you followed around by your parents as a 14 year old? This is such an unfortunate tragedy to befall on anyone. Rather than heap blames on grieving parents, pray for God to give them the fortitude to bear with this terrible loss.
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
obailala:
Are you sure you are okay?

Do you have a problem with my comment? It is actually not for everyone. Only parents not teenagers
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by seangy4konji: 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
RIP to them and condolences to their family...

We wont die untimely in the name of God...

May God continue to watch over us still alive cause its not by power or might...

Just grace and we will continue to get that Grace..

Amen.

RIP Boys..
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TPAND(f): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
dominique:

Who are you to judge? Do you think it is possible for parents to keep watch over their children 24 hours a day? They have work/ business to go about, they also have their lives to live. Were you followed around by your parents as a 14 year old? This is such an unfortunate tragedy to befall on anyone. Rather than heap blames on grieving parents, pray for God to give them the fortitude to bear with this terrible loss.

I have a problem with your smarts
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by dominique(f): 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2016
godson4u79:

How old re they? What age do kids outgrow parents supervision? The bitter truth is that the parents failed in there duties!

Stop blaming the parents dammit! I see kids their age range play around my neighbourhood everyday. The older one is old enough to look after himself outdoors and keep an eye on his brother. It was an unfortunate accident.

3 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by TamedWolf90: 10:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
dominique:

Stop blaming the parents dammit! I see kids their age range play around my neighbourhood everyday. The older one is old enough to look after himself outdoors and keep an eye on his brother. It was an unfortunate accident.

Come my Ojuju Calabar Wife, what are you still doing awake?
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by obailala(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2016
TPAND:

Do you have a problem with my comment? It is actually not for everyone. Only parents not teenagers
I'm neither of the two... But then, your comment is obviously not for normal people... Parents are normal people, and there's no way normal people can possibly keep their eyes on their kids for every single second. I pray a similar fate doesn't befall you, cos I wonder how you would feel if people who have no clue about who you are come online to run their mouths about what a careless parent you are.

3 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by godson4u79(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
dominique:

There will always be an unfortunate accident when people fail in there duties. The fact that such age group roam around in your neighborhood alone does not make it right to leave kids of such age roam about without supervision
Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by dominique(f): 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
godson4u79:

There will always be an unfortunate accident when people fail in there duties. The fact that such age group roam around in your neighborhood alone does not make it right to leave kids of such age roam about without supervision

You mean your parents supervised you as a teenager 24/7. Not for one minute you were out of their sight, even while in the loo. They deserve a medal of honour

3 Likes

Re: Two Brothers Drown In Lagos Lagoon (photos) by rezzy: 11:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
Some people come here dey claim too know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Wife Is Surprising Me; She Is Now A Direct Opposite Of Whom I Thought She Was / I Lost My Wife (a Nairalander) / “My Husband Is Gay, I Still Beg Him For Sex – Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.