Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Re: National Assets Sale. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: National Assets Sale. (516 Views)

Recession: FG Recants, To Dump Assets Sale Proposal- Lai Mohammed / Assets Sale: NLC To Protest Nationwide, Enlists 20 Lawyers / FG Lists Conditions For Assets Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Assets Sale. by 989900: 6:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
In relation to the much talked about sale of national assets, I support it, as long as; 1. it will be sold mostly to foreign investors who would bring in much needed Forex, experience, and world standards, 2. we have a well thought-out and fought-out plan to utilize the proceeds astutely.

I have seen a few lists being thrown here and there, and I'd say it's all good, especially the redundant liabilities we mistake for assets. About NLNG, selling a 5% stake won't hurt (especially with a buy-back clause . . . #lease 'sorta') -- "you use what you have to get what you need".

Take a look at some of our government offices and other infrastructure -- you'd literally want to puke.

Personally, after my visit to the country last month, with air traffic schedules cancellation and all, and needing to travel by road, I'd say regardless of paying taxes and government responsibilities and yada, yada, yada, our lives are more important than those relatively trivial arguments (our fellow country people back home might not get the full grasp of this, cause they're used to living dangerously all day, everyday), I'd STRONGLY suggest the railways and federal roads be concessioned to foreign and local companies for rebuilding, expansion, development, and maintenance.

The state of those roads is beyond dangerous, they are basically death 'fxck*n' traps! I'd gladly pay N1,000 as toll gate fee, and get to Ibadan from Lagos in an hour, on a well illuminated 4 lane highway with ambulances at intervals, security details, speed radars, emergency clinics and e.t.c., than ply the same road for free, spending 4-5 hours #timeismoney, in a dark 2 lane expressway riddled with pot 'tank' holes a.k.a death traps, armed robbers, and burning an extra N1,500 fuel in a 'jam', or needing to replace some car part(s).

Also, faster rail travel can come to fruition in double time with more foreign input. This is actually not a new concept, it is done even in comfortable developed economies.

This is our lives at stake. The government (if forthright, or with the right laws) can concentrate on oversight, and utilizing freed up funds and taxes from those projects for other worthwhile expenditure. undecided
Re: Re: National Assets Sale. by KwaraRat: 6:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
989900:
1. it will be sold mostly to foreign investors who would bring in much needed Forex, experience, and world standards.

When they begin to repatriate their profits dont complain. Why must you insist that only foreign companies should be involved? This is the slave mentality plaguing Nigeria.

we have a well thought-out and fought-out plan to utilize the proceeds astutely.

Take that up with Buhari and his thieving apc crooks who want to sell the assets in the first place just as they rolled out a dubious deficit budget they can't seem to fund or account for in the first place

I have seen a few lists being thrown here and there, and I'd say it's all good, especially the redundant liabilities we mistake for assets. About NLNG, selling a 5% stake won't hurt (especially with a buy-back clause . . . #lease 'sorta') -- "you use what you have to get what you need".

see as you dey talk as if one cubic centimeter of gas being sold by LNG comes from your fetish enclave

Personally after my visit to the country last month, with air traffic schedules cancellation and all, and needing to travel by road,

I work and live in Nigeria and I have never used the roads since 2005.
We have more than one airline in Nigeira plying several routes. If one cancels that doesn't mean you use the roads because there are others available to chose from so stop this your fake on line big man.

I'd STRONGLY suggest the railways and federal roads be concessioned to foreign and local companies for rebuilding, expansion, development, and maintenance.

nonsense. You think everybody else is as daft as lekki residents that will allow Tinubu to turn state funded roads to his personal toll gate?

The state of those roads is beyond dangerous, they are basically death 'fxck**n' traps! [b]I'd gladly pay N1,000 as toll gate fee[/b and get to Ibadan from Lagos in an hour, on a well illuminated 4 lane highway with ambulances at intervals, security details, speed radars, emergency clinics and e.t.c., than ply the same road for free, spending 4-5 hours #timeismoney, in a dark 2 lane expressway riddled with pot 'tank' holes a.k.a death traps, armed robbers, and burning an extra N1,500 fuel in a 'jam', or needing to replace some car part(s).

First of all we know you are a broke ass nigga so stop all this bullsh1t.

How many of your Sgt Ibadans that invades Lagos regularly can afford to pay a thousand naira in toll?

Nonsesne rubbish. even at that you think your now worthless 1,000 naira can provide the services you want?
Re: Re: National Assets Sale. by 989900: 7:45pm On Oct 02, 2016
KwaraRat:

[s]
When they begin to repatriate their profits dont complain. Why must you insist that only foreign companies should be involved? This is the slave mentality plaguing Nigeria.

Take that up with Buhari and his thieving apc crooks who want to sell the assets in the first place just as they rolled out a dubious deficit budget they can't seem to fund or account for in the first place

see as you dey talk as if one cubic centimeter of gas being sold by LNG comes from your fetish enclave

I work and live in Nigeria and I have never used the roads since 2005.
We have more than one airline in Nigeira plying several routes. If one cancels that doesn't mean you use the roads because there are others available to chose from so stop this your fake on line big man.

nonsense. You think everybody else is as daft as lekki residents that will allow Tinubu to turn state funded roads to his personal toll gate?

First of all we know you are a broke ass nigga so stop all this bullsh1t.

How many of your Sgt Ibadans that invades Lagos regularly can afford to pay a thousand naira in toll?

Nonsesne rubbish. even at that you think your now worthless 1,000 naira can provide the services you want?[/s]

Come back when you are capable of being civil.
Re: Re: National Assets Sale. by KwaraRat: 11:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
989900:

Come back when you are capable of being civil.

Have you finally abandoned the useless currency swap deal with China that you were foolishly peddling here for this dead on arrival scam your APC handlers are promoting?

Eustace
Re: Re: National Assets Sale. by 989900D: 7:27am On Oct 04, 2016
KwaraRat:

Have you finally abandoned the useless currency swap deal with China that you were foolishly peddling here for this dead on arrival scam your APC handlers are promoting?

Eustace

Wow, and you wonder why they call you st00pid.

BTW, I'm naturally patient with st00pid people, but not those who are proud of their st00pidity. I promise I'll talk to you son, the moment I start having tête-à-têtes with retards.

(1) (Reply)

The Untold Truth About Current Nigeria. / More Protests Rock Benin As PDP Supporters Call For Cancellation Of Results / We’re Investing Only $150m Not $2.2b As Buhari Said In Independence Broadcast –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.