Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,131 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) (41642 Views)

Teenager Arrested For Selling Her 2-months Old Baby For N120,000 (pic) / Adamawa Teenage Mother Sold Her Baby For N10,000 (pic) / ATM Camera Exposes Guy Who Stole ATM Card And Withdrew Money At Fidelity Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Islie: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
Operatives of Rapid Response Squad of the Lagos State Police Command on Friday arrested a lady, her boyfriend, and two others for stealing an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card which belonged to one Musa Alli.

They also allegedly withdrew over N300,000 from the account.

The lady, Bamigboye Imoleayo, 24, was arrested by the operatives at a club (name withheld) in Surulere area of Lagos for the crime. The police later arrested three other accomplices including her boyfriend, Adeyinka Ayodele, the same day in Itori, Ogun State.

Mr. Alli, the victim, who reported the case at the RRS’s office in Alausa, said he met the suspect at a club in Surulere penultimate Friday, the police said in a statement on Sunday.

He said the lady stole his ATM card, after memorizing his Personal Identification Number (PIN) during an online transfer of funds into his friend’s account.

“I thought I had misplaced the card not knowing that the lady had stolen it and thereafter glimpsed at the PIN for withdrawal,” Mr. Alli said.

The victim said he was shocked on Saturday afternoon when he received alerts amounting to N90,000 withdrawals.

“While I was still contemplating on how to deal with the issue, I got another debit alert for buying two Infinix phones totalling N84, 000, I was confused and shocked. I didn’t know what action to take on a Saturday evening.”

On Sunday, Mr. Alli said there was another debit alert on his phone.
“I couldn’t pin the crime to the lady I met at the club,” he said.

“I lodged a complaint on Monday morning at my bank and I was told that the withdrawals and shopping were legitimately made by me.

“I reported the incident at the RRS’s office on Monday after informing my bank. My emphasis to the police were the withdrawals and shopping totalling N300, 000.

“It was unbelievable for me when I was face to face with the suspect, the lady I met at the club. And, she explained everything.”

The police said Ms. Imoleayo admitted, during interrogations, that she pocketed the victim’s ATM card when he slept off during their conversation at night in the club.

“Initially, I had spied on and crammed his PIN when he was sending money to his colleague via mobile app,” she said.

“I committed this offence because I was so desperate to re-stock my shop at Wasimi in Ogun State, and also to take care of my only daughter.

“I never had a rethink while committing the crime. Although, I regretted my action now.”

The suspect said her boyfriend accompanied her while she withdrew and spent the money from the ATM card.

“After I spied on his PIN during a particular banking transaction on his phone, I intended to only withdraw N20, 000 out of his bank account and then destroy the card,” said Ms. Imoleayo.

“However, when I withdrew the money, and checked the account balance, I was shocked to see his balance. Afterwards, I withdrew another N70,000 again making N90,000 that day.

“Then, the following day, I called my boyfriend, who instructed me not to destroy the card, but I should come straight to Itori, Ogun State, where he resides.

“On getting to him, he called two of his friends, Abimbola Akintanna and Owolabi Bamidele, to use the ATM at any nearest bank.”

She added that they took the card to a shopping mall in Abeokuta, the following day, where they bought phones and clothes.

“We thought by going this far nobody could trace us. We bought two android phones for N84,000 at a phone store,” she said.

“We proceeded to a boutique where four of us bought clothes worth N126,000. I recharged my phone with another N2,500 worth of recharge card. The money spent from the account was over N300,000.”

Two Android phones, eight pairs of trousers and shirts were recovered from the suspects during a search of their houses.

Dolapo Badmus, the Lagos State police spokesperson, confirmed the arrest, and urged the public to always protect their PIN during any banking transaction.

The suspects and exhibits recovered have been transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Panti, for prosecution, according to the police.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/211807-lady-i-met-club-stole-atm-withdrew-n300000-victim.html

2 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by HungerBAD: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
I am confused here.

Somebody very intelligent should help break this story down. Is she a lady of the night?she said she stole the card,while he was asleep in the club.

I have never seen anybody sleep in a club before. Does it mean he was transferring money inside the club?and she was very smart to memorize the pin?in a crowded club?

She lives in Ogun State,but goes clubbing in Surulere Lagos ?

I know a ONE CHANCE Vehicle when I see one,and this man entered an Air Conditioned One Chance Car.

132 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by duduade: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
Stupiddd fooool... When you carry olosshhooo... Expect anything.....nonsense

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Dejiih001(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
Haaaaaa, these oloshooooos and recession no be friend at all ooooo.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by dollyjoy(f): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
duduade:
Stupiddd fooool... When you carry olosshhooo... Expect anything.....nonsense
See this one calling a fellow man a foool because he happens to be a victim. Oga,you never carry olosho before?

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by femolacqua(m): 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2016
What do you expect?

1 Like

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by kinibigdeal(m): 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2016
The money will definitely be spent frivorously because they never worked for it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by qualityovenbake(m): 9:07pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mistake No1, He engages the services of an Olosho without being alert of his surrounding and safe guarding his valuables.

Mistake No.2, He had the guts to conduct a financial transaction in her presence probably to show off,

Mistake No.3, Dossing off in the middle of a conversation with an Olosho; that is suicide.

The guy is surely a Learner

118 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by INTROVERT(f): 9:13pm On Oct 02, 2016
OK
Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Davash222(m): 9:15pm On Oct 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Davash222(m): 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2016
JBoss25:
I no go surprise if i see Igbo kwenu 4 there. Igbo nd crime our like 5 nd 6.
You need brain upgrade, the one you are using is outdated or better still, you can download the new version 6.1.

79 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Dejiih001(m): 9:48pm On Oct 02, 2016
This what he deserves
femolacqua:
What do you expect?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by amunkita(m): 11:50pm On Oct 02, 2016
JBoss25:
I no go surprise if i see Igbo kwenu 4 there. Igbo nd crime our like 5 nd 6.

Ordinary free sense, u don't have..
To show how backward the family u came from, u never learnt to read before commenting..

with the embolden, ur illiteracy is genetic..

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by amunkita(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
Some people re foolish oooo, u stole an ATM card nd recharged ur phone with it, I have never seen such dull thieves before..

For the lady to ve seen nd memorized his pin, he was definitely flirting with the gal nd also drunk..

36 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by petux(m): 12:34am On Oct 03, 2016
imagine... see how they spent the money recklessly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by sarrki(m): 4:48am On Oct 03, 2016
In baba fela voice

OROPESI JE

ORODI HMMM

NA SWEGBE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Pavore9: 5:46am On Oct 03, 2016
I pity not the card owner nor the four thieves! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by olumaxi(m): 6:34am On Oct 03, 2016
D guy sef no deh feal dis reccession.......he is loaded.......and those thieves sef stil deh put-on designers,except d lady

3 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 03, 2016
dollyjoy:
See this one calling a fellow man a foool because he happens to be a victim. Oga,you never carry olosho before?
You think say na all men dey carry ashawo upandan?.

Don't pity him nor the olosho thief.

5 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by veekid(m): 10:34am On Oct 03, 2016
Ishe aiye nio
Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by omoikea(m): 10:35am On Oct 03, 2016
some people just don't know how to steal and its painful....

4 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by AntiWailer: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2016
They should just jail her.

Thief
Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by emeijeh(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2016
Next time you hear club, flee

8 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by omanifrank(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2016
AntiWailer:
They should just jail her.

Thief
i tire for the super story sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Sasuwa(f): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2016
IS HE AN IGBO MAN?
Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by Poorboy: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Maga
Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by tellwisdom: 10:39am On Oct 03, 2016
Wetin she take the money do...Buy recharge card?...All these yoruba people with recharge card are like----ZUMA PICS ABEG? angry

4 Likes

Re: How Lady I Met In Club Stole My ATM, Withdrew N300,000 (pic) by krissconnect(m): 10:40am On Oct 03, 2016
You wia only a cheerful giver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olabisi Onabanjo University Students Fight Over Boyfriend / Met Police Shoot Chris Kaba, An Unarmed Black Man. Family Cries For Justice / Gunmen Trapped Inside Jos Prison After Attacking The Correctional Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.