Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets (15109 Views)

Photo Of Ajimobi, Tinubu And Aregbesola: Hilarious Caption / Adeboye, Nathaniel Bassey And Aregbesola At Presidential Christmas Carol (Photos / Osinbajo, Ajimobi, El-Rufai And Aregbesola Laugh So Hard At Launch Of Free Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2016
D
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by vislabraye(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2016
shaddoww:
I go with Aregbesola though. We have some idle assets dat we should sell but hw we will make sure money isn't looted is d big task. At least every state has Nitel buildings just there, d federal secretariat in some states are idle too.

That one now belings to Tinubu. In fact, it will be cornered by him not sold.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by agentmag10: 8:58am On Oct 03, 2016
I have a question what is different between privatization and sale. Is PHCN not national asset? What happened to it? Over to u
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by thunder74(m): 9:01am On Oct 03, 2016
blackpanda:

The question is: what do u mean by "restructuring"? Do u mean the disintegration of nigeria? Reschuffling of fed/state powers? Opting for regionalism rather that creation of states? Opting for paliamentary govt rather than presidential?? Opting for unicameralism rather than bicameralism??

This is the problem with nigerians. We just join the band wagon to use words which we have no clue about. That how many were crying for deregulation, and now that govt has deregulated fuel is now 145, dollar is now 445, and the same people are crying foul. Pls lets be patient rather than rush into irrational and unhelpful options that really make no sense.
People shout and scream just to be heard even if they don't understand the reason for the noise. When they are shouting change, it was also the bad wagon syndrome without looking at where were and what we want to change to.

If Nigeria is restructured, Buhari appointments will not favor only the North, our security appointment will not be in the hand of only the Northern Muslims, everybody will be carried along. No leader will surround himself in Aso rock or any other national place with people from his religion or tribe.

You can predict what happens to B if you have A result. This in my opinion was what the last National Conference achieved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by blackpanda: 9:04am On Oct 03, 2016
thunder74:

People shout and scream just to be heard even if they don't understand the reason for the noise. When they are shouting change, it was also the bad wagon syndrome without looking at where were and what we want to change to.

If Nigeria is restructured, Buhari appointments will not favor only the North, our security appointment will not be in the hand of only the Northern Muslims, everybody will be carried along. No leader will surround himself in Aso rock or any other national place with people from his religion or tribe.

You can predict what happens to B if you have A result. This in my opinion was what the last National Conference achieved.

This is how u fail exam o. You still didnt answer the question. Restructure means what Kindly explain
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by ephi123(f): 9:10am On Oct 03, 2016
Bolustic:
We are too emotional in this country, except the NLNG and NNPC and Nigeria's equity in other performing assets, all other moribund assets like these should should be sold outrightly.

The Presidential fleet,
All refineries,
Ajaokuta Steel Mill,
Airports

Then after this, let's see if they would work optimally. Dangote should opt for the Nigerian refineries instead of eyeing the performing NLNG.

This is gonna be a good week. The people least expected on NL have started looking at things objectively. Miracle.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by justmenoni: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2016
'idle' state assets. or 'idle' state grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Standing5:
Even though Fayose isn't my favourite governor, I go with him here. Aregbe should auction his own 'idle' state assets.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 03, 2016
Whether its sold or not sold, how has the masses ever benefited from the assets ? Is it not better to sell and loot the money one time, so may be subsequent governments will know there is nothing to sell and focus on inventive ideas ?

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by blackteddy(m): 9:12am On Oct 03, 2016
I'm sorry, but I need someone to tell me 'idle national asset' coz me no inderstand
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Sonn(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2016
if it were APC as an opposition party' they can never lend a voice of progress to PDP' but till date' PDP keeps providing them with tips on how to move the country forward' though they are all dumbs dummies.....
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Splinz(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2016
mercichoco:
I go with fayose, he made more sense about selling national asset.
Yeah, Fayose is a visionary and sound leader.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by tojuboy(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2016
Topskybadoo:
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, and his from Osun State counterpart, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola have disagreed over the need to sell national assets to finance the 2016 budget.

While Aregbesola urged the Federal Government to sell ‘idle’ national assets and spare the functional ones, Fayose opposed the idea, arguing that selling them would amount to auctioning Nigeria.

The duo spoke in Ado Ekiti during an interactive forum which was part of the activities lined up to mark the 20th anniversary of the creation of Ekiti State.

They, however, canvassed regional integration and cooperation as well as the revival of agriculture as some of the steps to revive national economy.

Aregbesola, who delivered a lecture entitled, “The imperative of unity,” said the biting economic problem was such that in the whole of the South-West region, only Lagos State could stand on its own.

He stressed the need to intensify efforts to revive agriculture, end oil pipeline vandalism and promote regional integration for meaningful development.

He said, “We should revive agriculture, especially food production. Agriculture gives us raw materials for industries and aids in no small measure in economic development. If we can improve on our productivity in food production through agriculture, we will eliminate hunger in our land.

“I want to urge Nigerians to end the ongoing vandalism of oil pipelines as the militants’ activities have been reducing the nation’s daily oil productivity level to between 700,000 and one million per barrel.

“The current vandalism of oil pipeline by the Niger Delta militants is robbing the nation of oil production of 700,000 to one million per barrel on a daily basis. This amounts to a huge loss of oil revenue to the country and has further led to the current recession in the country. An urgent concerted effort is therefore needed to stop the vandalism so that the country could get out of the recession.”

Aregbesola added, “It is high time the Yoruba nation and indeed the South-West united in terms of integrating our development strategies in education, commerce, economy, agriculture and tourism among others. There is no reason we should not unite for the best.

“The truth is that no Yoruba state, with the exception of Lagos State, can survive alone without collaborating with sister states. Therefore, we have to come together, pull together our abundant human and material resources.”

The governor described Ekiti people as men of integrity and courage and urged them to continue to support their governor for the development of the country.

“I congratulate all Ekiti people on the 20th anniversary of the creation of your state, my state, our state. You fought the Ekiti Parapo War which is an indication of unity of purpose. There is strength in unity.”

But Fayose, in his remarks, said selling the national assets was like selling Nigeria at a give-away price.

“Selling our national assets simply amounts to auctioning Nigeria. If we sell the assets because the country is in recession, what would be left of Nigeria?

“What would we call our own? Selling of assets is like moving the country backward. If we sell the assets to finance this year’s budget what would we sell next year? The Federal Government should look beyond its party and assemble economists and financial experts that would assist the President in his drive to bring the nation out of the present economic quagmire.”

Urging the Federal Government to uphold the principles of justice and equity, which he said were germane to building democracy, the governor said, “Justice is very important and without it, democracy is already endangered. If people are now beginning to contest against the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies for manipulation of elections, then democracy is endangered. It is political parties that are supposed to contest elections and not people contesting against inadequacies of the electoral umpire.”

http://punchng.com/fayose-aregbesola-disagree-sale-national-assets/
if we have nothing to sell after selling our national assets then we will sell our president and cabals.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by danjaD(m): 9:30am On Oct 03, 2016
shamecurls:
How can A tout and intellectual disagree over economic issues! What does Fayose know about the economy? Does he think is about eating Ponmo or sharing rice for Ekiti people.

Aregbesola must have stooped very low to make Fayose assimilate his points.
. It seems u missed ur medication today

2 Likes

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by thunder74(m): 9:33am On Oct 03, 2016
blackpanda:

This is how u fail exam o. You still didnt answer the question. Restructure means what Kindly explain
I answered you in my earlier post and I referred you to the National conference report and I said it is a situation where you know what happens to "B" if you have "A" situation. Unless you want me to explain to you like I will do to my last boy who is 5 years now.

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2016
That goat has not said anything about lautech yet.. #Aregbewere

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by billyG(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2016
Topskybadoo:
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, and his from Osun State counterpart, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola have disagreed over the need to sell national assets to finance the 2016 budget.

While Aregbesola urged the Federal Government to sell ‘idle’ national assets and spare the functional ones, Fayose opposed the idea, arguing that selling them would amount to auctioning Nigeria.

The duo spoke in Ado Ekiti during an interactive forum which was part of the activities lined up to mark the 20th anniversary of the creation of Ekiti State.

They, however, canvassed regional integration and cooperation as well as the revival of agriculture as some of the steps to revive national economy.

Aregbesola, who delivered a lecture entitled, “The imperative of unity,” said the biting economic problem was such that in the whole of the South-West region, only Lagos State could stand on its own.

He stressed the need to intensify efforts to revive agriculture, end oil pipeline vandalism and promote regional integration for meaningful development.

He said, “We should revive agriculture, especially food production. Agriculture gives us raw materials for industries and aids in no small measure in economic development. If we can improve on our productivity in food production through agriculture, we will eliminate hunger in our land.

“I want to urge Nigerians to end the ongoing vandalism of oil pipelines as the militants’ activities have been reducing the nation’s daily oil productivity level to between 700,000 and one million per barrel.

“The current vandalism of oil pipeline by the Niger Delta militants is robbing the nation of oil production of 700,000 to one million per barrel on a daily basis. This amounts to a huge loss of oil revenue to the country and has further led to the current recession in the country. An urgent concerted effort is therefore needed to stop the vandalism so that the country could get out of the recession.”

Aregbesola added, “It is high time the Yoruba nation and indeed the South-West united in terms of integrating our development strategies in education, commerce, economy, agriculture and tourism among others. There is no reason we should not unite for the best.

“The truth is that no Yoruba state, with the exception of Lagos State, can survive alone without collaborating with sister states. Therefore, we have to come together, pull together our abundant human and material resources.”

The governor described Ekiti people as men of integrity and courage and urged them to continue to support their governor for the development of the country.

“I congratulate all Ekiti people on the 20th anniversary of the creation of your state, my state, our state. You fought the Ekiti Parapo War which is an indication of unity of purpose. There is strength in unity.”

But Fayose, in his remarks, said selling the national assets was like selling Nigeria at a give-away price.

“Selling our national assets simply amounts to auctioning Nigeria. If we sell the assets because the country is in recession, what would be left of Nigeria?

“What would we call our own? Selling of assets is like moving the country backward. If we sell the assets to finance this year’s budget what would we sell next year? The Federal Government should look beyond its party and assemble economists and financial experts that would assist the President in his drive to bring the nation out of the present economic quagmire.”

Urging the Federal Government to uphold the principles of justice and equity, which he said were germane to building democracy, the governor said, “Justice is very important and without it, democracy is already endangered. If people are now beginning to contest against the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies for manipulation of elections, then democracy is endangered. It is political parties that are supposed to contest elections and not people contesting against inadequacies of the electoral umpire.”

http://punchng.com/fayose-aregbesola-disagree-sale-national-assets/
[/b]If people are now beginning to contest against the Independent National Electoral Commission and security agencies for manipulation of elections, then democracy is endangered. It is political parties that are supposed to contest elections.[b]
The same fayose who rigged election in Ekiti using soldiers & inec officials.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by dimieprincess(f): 10:14am On Oct 03, 2016
shamecurls:
How can A tout and intellectual disagree over economic issues! What does Fayose know about the economy? Does he think is about eating Ponmo or sharing rice for Ekiti people.

Aregbesola must have stooped very low to make Fayose assimilate his points.
Who is the economist among the two? guy I help you shame for where I dey, Jesus. So that mad man called Aregbesola that puts on rags is an economist and Osun State had been on recession even before Nigeria entered autopilot.

Shame catch me say me and u dey dsame forum because your reasoning on this matter na 170, 000000th position e take so

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by dimieprincess(f): 10:17am On Oct 03, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:

Are they nairaland monickers? Get lost my friend angry sad
I tire for the guy, na so dem insult me like say I b Buhari or Jonathan just because I called Jonathan coward. Them say for me to insult Jonathan I must be insulted.

I come dey wonder whether Jonathan is now a member of nairaland or wetin.
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by orunto27: 10:44am On Oct 03, 2016
1, limit Federal Responsibilities to Foreign Affairs, Treaties, Air, Boundaries, Marine and Military Affairs. 2, Make the States fully autonomous and responsible for their internal security, sourcing and expending their Funds and contributing uniform percentage of their Funds to Federal Government. 3,Recognize a grouping of the Nation into four or six Trade Zones such as NW, NE,SW, SE for four equal groupings or NW, NE, NSC, SW, SE and SS for six groupings. This is just simple Constitution Amendment and Adjustment period. It will only involve the NASS and the 36 States Assemblies to sit and do their normal duties. There will be no dislocation to our normal day to day Government Business Activities. In fact, once the amendment is effected, the effective take over date may be the next Presidency, 2019, using the period from now till 2019 as training and tooting period for the amendment to smooth even.

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by blackpanda: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2016
thunder74:

I answered you in my earlier post and I referred you to the National conference report and I said it is a situation where you know what happens to "B" if you have "A" situation. Unless you want me to explain to you like I will do to my last boy who is 5 years now.

I dont know what u are trying to prove. Your 5year old boy has nothing to do with this topic. You are not the only one with kids or maybe u shld face training them rather than waste energy on things u know nothing about. Define what u mean by "restructure" and u are here talking stories about phantom kids! Mtscheew
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by timmy1759: 11:21am On Oct 03, 2016
kings09:
Sell d presidential aircrafts, sell d national assembly, sell all legislators, sell national stadium sell any institution/any1 dats a liability like buhari n lai mohammed.
agree
Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2016
amunkita:
They re both right nd wrong..

If we sell them now, in 2017 what re we going to sell..

In 2017, they will gladly sell all the APC supporters into slavery...lol

1 Like

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by nwamehn: 6:00am On Oct 04, 2016
blackpanda:

orunto27:
1, limit Federal Responsibilities to Foreign Affairs, Treaties, Air, Boundaries, Marine and Military Affairs. 2, Make the States fully autonomous and responsible for their internal security, sourcing and expending their Funds and contributing uniform percentage of their Funds to Federal Government. 3,Recognize a grouping of the Nation into four or six Trade Zones such as NW, NE,SW, SE for four equal groupings or NW, NE, NSC, SW, SE and SS for six groupings. This is just simple Constitution Amendment and Adjustment period. It will only involve the NASS and the 36 States Assemblies to sit and do their normal duties. There will be no dislocation to our normal day to day Government Business Activities. In fact, once the amendment is effected, the effective take over date may be the next Presidency, 2019, using the period from now till 2019 as training and tooting period for the amendment to smooth even.
blackpanda:

Re: Fayose And Aregbesola Disagree On Sale Of National Assets by thunder74(m): 6:55am On Oct 04, 2016
blackpanda:

I dont know what u are trying to prove. Your 5year old boy has nothing to do with this topic. You are not the only one with kids or maybe u shld face training them rather than waste energy on things u know nothing about. Define what u mean by "restructure" and u are here talking stories about phantom kids! Mtscheew
I am sorry sir/ma for wasting your time and my time explaining to you, I wrongly thought we were on the same level of reasoning and understanding. If you can't understand what it means to restructure after all I have said, someone else may kindly help you. I wasted my time. Could have used to earn more money especially at a time like this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Obasanjo, Jonathan Used Police To Persecute Sitting Governors – Senate / PDP, Ohaneze Ndigbo Demand Immediate Release Of Senator Abaribe / Ekweremadu Named In Enugu Pdp’s Undecided National Assembly Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.