Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Samsung Still Suck At Batteries - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Still Suck At Batteries (7654 Views)

Five Lies They Tell You About Phone, Laptop Batteries By Prince Osuagwu / Top 8 Smartphones With 4G Support And Big Batteries That Cost Less Than N50,000 / Factory That Made The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 batteries Catches Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2016
After a terrible battery experience with the galaxy s6 (and every other Samsung flagships I've used not tried s7 yet), it is very obvious Samsung just can't make phones with decent battery. I was getting. 2 hours (sometimes less than 2 hours screen on time on my s6). Something just keeps draining the battery in standby.

As if that is not enough, the same problem is back with the note 7. And no I'm not taking about the exploding ones, I'm taking about the new replacement note 7 with the green battery icon. A lot of users have been complaining of low battery standby time. Some even claim the battery drain while charging. There are YouTube videos of users claiming they can't get more than 2 hours standby time. That's a big shame for Samsung if a supposedly phone meant for power users can't get a decent battery life. Even more shame that people had to go through the stress of returning their note 7, then wait a few weeks to get a replacement only to find out it's got a sh*t battery. Samsung need to put their sh*t together especially in the battery department

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwgokkVP9QA

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by tmanis(m): 8:52am On Oct 03, 2016
Big man money, big man problem
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 03, 2016
If they can't get the note 7 right they should just take it out of the shelves completely.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2016
Sad really

And not just that, a replaced unit of the note 7 still caught fire.

http://www.xda-developers.com/replaced-galaxy-note-7-reportedly-catches-fire/

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
Sad really

And not just that, a replaced unit of the note 7 still caught fire.

http://www.xda-developers.com/replaced-galaxy-note-7-reportedly-catches-fire/

Damn, I think Samsung should just kill this phone. The stigma is already there so people will always be overly critical about it. People will capitalize on the slightest of battery issues or non issues. I think it is better to kill the phone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Always on display and bloatware are the culprit. That's a monster phone if he decides to root. I wonder why the OP says he got 2 hours SOT on S6 and ended up using that as a yardstick for all Samsung device cheesy. I'm on S7 edge and used my phone heavily since morning my Screen on time is heading to 4hrs and I have 56% battery left.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:
Always on display and bloatware are the culprit. That's a monster phone if he decides to root. I wonder why the OP says he got 2 hours SOT on S6 and ended up using that as a yardstick for all Samsung device cheesy. I'm on S7 edge and used my phone heavily since morning my Screen on time is heading to 4hrs and I have 56% battery left.

Why would someone spend $900 (about N400kl on a phone and then neer to root it just to get a decent battery life.. it doesnt make sense. I like my phones to work out of the box and I dont mind spending s fortune to buy a phone. But when I spend that kind of money on a phone I dont expect to get 2-3 hours of screen on time.

I made it clear that I've not tried galaxy s7 bit I've used s6, s5, s3, note 2 and s2 and it is the same problem. Poor battery life especially standby time (something is always eating the battery when I'm not using it ). I would have said it is an Android thing if I havent tried other Android phones. Hell LG g5 has a very good standby time. I have used htc one m7 and Sony xperia z1 which are currently being used by my wife, they have better standby time. Samsung's major problems have always been poor battery life and very poor ram management even with high number of RAM. I have an Infinix hot s (though underpowered) with 3,000mah battery (just 400mah more than the battery of my s6) but the battery life is more than 3 times better. It would surprise u that my Infinix hot s keeps apps in memory than the s6. Yes I said that and yes the s6 is on official marshmallow.

I made up my mind not to buy any other samsung flagship but the only thing bringing me back is the gear vr. I've invested so much in gear vr apps that I need to have a Samsung flagship phone.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 4:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Why would someone spend $900 (about N400kl on a phone and then neer to root it just to get a decent battery life.. it doesnt make sense. I like my phones to work out of the box and I dont mind spending s fortune to buy a phone. But when I spend that kind of money on a phone I dont expect to get 2-3 hours of screen on time.

I made it clear that I've not tried galaxy s7 bit I've used s6, s5, s3, note 2 and s2 and it is the same problem. Poor battery life especially standby time (something is always eating the battery when I'm not using it ). I would have said it is an Android thing if I havent tried other Android phones. Hell LG g5 has a very good standby time. I have used htc one m7 and Sony xperia z1 which are currently being used by my wife, they have better standby time. Samsung's major problems have always been poor battery life and very poor ram management even with high number of RAM. I have an Infinix hot s (though underpowered) with 3,000mah battery (just 400mah more than the battery of my s6) but the battery life is more than 3 times better. It would surprise u that my Infinix hot s keeps apps in memory than the s6. Yes I said that and yes the s6 is on official marshmallow.

I made up my mind not to buy any other samsung flagship but the only thing bringing me back is the gear vr. I've invested so much in gear vr apps that I need to have a Samsung flagship phone.

You aren't forced to use Samsung. You can get any of PlayStation VR or HTC Vive and save yourself the stress of opening several threads to talk about samsung. You listed many samsung you've used which I know doesn't have VR, you said battery was poor yet you buy another one.
Stick with infinix after all Iphone is more expensive than samsung yet users Jaibreak flagship Iphones which kills your question why you should root an expensive phone. People are already Jailbreaking Iphone 7 of 500k does it mean it doesn't work out of the box?
I haven't used any Samsung with such issues and if you want screenshots you will get it. That a phone is expensive doesn't mean you need all the features packed in it, you've been given the freedom to take out what you don't need which could be draining your battery but you prefer to keep asking why you should root your phone.

5 Likes

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

You aren't forced to use Samsung. You can get any of PlayStation VR or HTC Vive and save yourself the stress of opening several threads to talk about samsung. You listed many samsung you've used which I know doesn't have VR, you said battery was poor yet you buy another one.
Stick with infinix after all Iphone is more expensive than samsung yet users Jaibreak flagship Iphones which kills your question why you should root an expensive phone. People are already Jailbreaking Iphone 7 of 500k does it mean it doesn't work out of the box?
I haven't used any Samsung with such issues and if you want screenshots you will get it. That a phone is expensive doesn't mean you need all the features packed in it, you've been given the freedom to take out what you don't need which could be draining your battery but you prefer to keep asking why you should root your phone.

Again, I see no reason why I should root my phone when the current version of Android works without rooting. In the past yes I do root and install all kind of Roms. These days, I have no time and no need to root. My iPhone is not jailnroken either bevaise it gives me what I want. If rooting is required to make a N400k phone have a decent battery then the manufacturer needs to check themselves.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 5:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Again, I see no reason why I should root my phone when the current version of Android works without rooting. In the past yes I do root and install all kind of Roms. These days, I have no time and no need to root. My iPhone is not jailnroken either bevaise it gives me what I want. If rooting is required to make a N400k phone have a decent battery then the manufacturer needs to check themselves.

There it goes.... 520k Iphone7 that was released recently already on jailbreak hope you can now question apple.
I have given you alternative if you have so much money and claim you buy Samsung because of VR please stop. Buy a standalone VR that has nothing to do with Samsung it is cheaper then you can buy the new Tecno it will cost you only 120k and guess what?
You will be free from the mess called Samsung. You won't spend countless hours opening threads about Samsung like you are paid to do that.

I am surprised your PA in criticism hasn't come on here yet.......you know who I am talking and I am sure he will show up soon with his rants

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Let me refer you here Mr OP

https://www.nairaland.com/3385887/why-lot-people-complaining-iphone

Your kind of person. Complains about iPhone 7 battery grin the same phone that may satisfy you won't satisfy someone else.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

There it goes.... 520k Iphone7 that was released recently already on jailbreak hope you can now question apple.
I have given you alternative if you have so much money and claim you buy Samsung because of VR please stop. Buy a standalone VR that has nothing to do with Samsung it is cheaper then you can buy the new Tecno it will cost you only 120k and guess what?
You will be free from the mess called Samsung. You won't spend countless hours opening threads about Samsung like you are paid to do that.

I am surprised your PA in criticism hasn't come on here yet.......you know who I am talking and I am sure he will show up soon with his rants

Gosh what is this? Are u gonna tell me what to buy and what not? This argument is pointless pls. I'm not here to criticize any company. If u like jailbreaking and rooting that's ur cup of tea. This thread is about Samsung batteries, I never mentioned rooting or jailbreaking in the first place. For the fact that samsung have been finding it difficult to put a decent battery in their note 7 doesn't stop me from buying another samsung phone.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 5:47pm On Oct 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Gosh what is this? Are u gonna tell me what to buy and what not? This argument is pointless pls. I'm not here to criticize any company. If u like jailbreaking and rooting that's ur cup of tea. This thread is about Samsung batteries, I never mentioned rooting or jailbreaking in the first place. For the fact that samsung have been finding it difficult to put a decent battery in their note 7 doesn't stop me from buying another samsung phone.

Bros you opened one for how slow Samsung is
You opened another thread that says it performs bad in keeping memory.
Another one to say the battery is bad.

Dem swear for you and Samsung? Or you feel people aren't watching you? Stop complaining. If it's your money then buy and don't come here to cry foul.

You haven't used the note 7 and you are concluding. Mind you people complained that S7 edge can't take them beyond 4hrs Screen on time and the battery sucks yet I get over 4hrs screen on time with 56% battery left. Phone stays for whole day on full charge.

So I will tell you not to criticize a phone you haven't used just because you have access to a video.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

Dem swear for you and Samsung? Or you feel people aren't watching you? Stop complaining. If it's your money then buy and don't come here to cry foul.

You haven't used the note 7 and you are concluding. Mind you people complained that S7 edge can't take them beyond 4hrs Screen on time and the battery sucks yet I get over 4hrs screen on time with 56% battery left. Phone stays for whole day on full charge.

So I will tell you not to criticize a phone you haven't used just because you have access to a video.

I'm not criticizing. That I opened s thread to state what I experience doesn't mean I criticize. Samsung recalled the note 7 because of explosion issues with about 37 phones, what happened to the other 2 million phones that didn't explode? And now the replacement ones have battery heating and draining issues, I don't need to own one to know.. it is allover the internet. Just like I didn't need to own the previous note 7 to know it is prone to battery explosion, it was allover the news. The ones I have own I have written about, but it won't stop me from buying another samsung phone.

A lot of people complain and rant about tbe iphone 7, a dude even went to apple shop to smash all iphones on display because he had problem with his phone snd customer service couldn't do nothing. But guess what, the dude and a lot other will be among the first to buy the next iphone when it gets released.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

little kids or those with older iphones are the ones that bother or worry about jailbreak..
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

dude only Todesco have jailbroken ios 10 , and apple frowns seriously against it, if a jailbreak gets released today by the end of tomorrow apple will release a fix to patch it up, jailbreak and root are two both things I don't advise users to engage in, the fun of it all can be really exciting but when the bugs and issues/ malware kicks in , it would stress it's users out.. only kids or devs have the time to worry about this on their phones..
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I'm not criticizing. That I opened s thread to state what I experience doesn't mean I criticize. Samsung recalled the note 7 because of explosion issues with about 37 phones, what happened to the other 2 million phones that didn't explode? And now the replacement ones have battery heating and draining issues, I don't need to own one to know.. it is allover the internet. Just like I didn't need to own the previous note 7 to know it is prone to battery explosion, it was allover the news. The ones I have own I have written about, but it won't stop me from buying another samsung phone.

A lot of people complain and rant about tbe iphone 7, a dude even went to apple shop to smash all iphones on display because he had problem with his phone snd customer service couldn't do nothing. But guess what, the dude and a lot other will be among the first to buy the next iphone when it gets released.

This tells you there is no point opening countless threads when you will jump onto the next one. Infinix has a good battery why not buy it since the battery is better besides it runs the same android.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

This tells you there is no point opening countless threads when you will jump onto the next one. Infinix has a good battery why not buy it since the battery is better besides it runs the same android.

Are u kidding me? Only someone who hasn't used a high end phone would compare the experience of any Infinix or tecno to a flagship samsung phone in terms of performance. The difference is very very clear.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
dude only Todesco have jailbroken ios 10 , and apple frowns seriously against it, if a jailbreak gets released today by the end of tomorrow apple will release a fix to patch it up, jailbreak and root are two both things I don't advise users to engage in, the fun of it all can be really exciting but when the bugs and issues/ malware kicks in , it would stress it's users out.. only kids or devs have the time to worry about this on their phones..

Quite funny you said only kids and devs are interested in jailbreak. Let me educate you a little I stated using iPhone in the days of IPhone 3gs and I can count up to 10 features apple loaded into iPhones that were initially only possible through jailbreak.
The same thing goes for rooting. If it's for kids how come phones are now implementing Doze features which was only possible through root?

There are hundreds of apps that can that can enhance the performance of your phones that these manufacturers don't even think of its only when you root or jailbreak that you can have access to using these awesome apps.

Please stop the idea of asking what jailbreak and root is just for it makes you look like a newbie.

The features you will get in iPhone 9 jailbreak users are already running it now.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2016
You can see important apps you use today came from Jailbreak apps. Apple frowns at it yet it can't help but see the usefulness of these apps that it had to hires the developers of these apps and these are the features you smile at today.

Like I said some great apps are right there for jailbreak users which you will get in 2020 when apple decides to make it official for you.

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

Quite funny you said only kids and devs are interested in jailbreak. Let me educate you a little I stated using iPhone in the days of IPhone 3gs and I can count up to 10 features apple loaded into iPhones that were initially only possible through jailbreak.
The same thing goes for rooting. If it's for kids how come phones are now implementing Doze features which was only possible through root?

There are hundreds of apps that can that can enhance the performance of your phones that these manufacturers don't even think of its only when you root or jailbreak that you can have access to using these awesome apps.

Please stop the idea of asking what jailbreak and root is just for it makes you look like a newbie.

The features you will get in iPhone 9 jailbreak users are already running it now.
run root and jailbreak to the detriment of your device, those features you feel they come with are not the features i care about nor want, if it was, i would have jailbroke my phone, and until then, jailbreak are for devs and kids who need those features for whatever they think they need it for..
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:
You can see important apps you use today came from Jailbreak apps. Apple frowns at it yet it can't help but see the usefulness of these apps that it had to hires the developers of these apps and these are the features you smile at today.

Like I said some great apps are right there for jailbreak users which you will get in 2020 when apple decides to make it official for you.
when they make it official, we get it.. can't use precious time meant for important things to hunt for tweaks or apps i might need to do what I don't need in my device, simply because I can't do them
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
run root and jailbreak to the detriment of your device, those features you feel they come with are not the features i care about nor want, if it was, i would have jailbroke my phone, and until then, jailbreak are for devs and kids who need those features for whatever they think they need it for..

Yes boss what you don't need automatically becomes for kids.......how silly. You making it look like Apple have you in mind that they fitted all the app they took from Jailbreak store to please you. If I asked you the features you think you need now you won't have anything to say but when apple employs this people and put the same app then you will know it's needed and not detrimental to your phone. cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

Yes boss what you don't need automatically becomes for kids.......how silly. You making it look like Apple have you in mind that they fitted all the app they took from Jailbreak store to please you. If I asked you the features you think you need now you won't have anything to say but when apple employs this people and put the same app then you will know it's needed and not detrimental to your phone. cheesy cheesy cheesy
features i need are actually alot, if jailbreak and root can make me browese the net for free or little amount, stream netflix for free, watch YouTube and Younow for free, dude I won't speak like this, would actually need this jailbreak and you would see the World go crazy in need of it.. what would jailbreak do for me now? Just to be able to customize my phone to my taste? Something I wouldn't even have time to do for free.. jailbreak is no longer as popular as it used to be, same as root.. the World is gradually out growing this phase.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
features i need are actually alot, if jailbreak and root can make me browese the net for free or little amount, stream netflix for free, watch YouTube and Younow for free, dude I won't speak like this, would actually need this jailbreak and you would see the World go crazy in need of it.. what would jailbreak do for me now? Just to be able to customize my phone to my taste? Something I wouldn't even have time to do for free.. jailbreak is no longer as popular as it used to be, same as root.. the World is gradually out growing this phase.

You see how you belittled it yet Apple pays huge for those little customization and guess how apple gets that money back? From your pocket!!
Yes claim you are too busy grin what is free and you can't do for free Apple will make you pay huge for it and that's where the word Isheeps comes from.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

You see how you belittled it yet Apple pays huge for those little customization and guess how apple gets that money back? From your pocket!!
Yes claim you are too busy grin what is free and you can't do for free Apple will make you pay huge for it and that's where the word Isheeps comes from.
this would go same way if i was a full time Android user.. Use my phone for the basic things i need a smartphone for.. it can be understandable if maybe a lowend phone user roots his phone to overclock his cpu and get the most out of their phone or to maybe get that feature a highend device already has, but for a high end phone user to root his phone to achieve what exactly??. Nah, it's time consuming, stressful and unneeded.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 8:04pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

you can actually decide to plug in your charger and as long as it didn't hit 100, when you disconnect, you screen on time starts counting from where it left off, with extra battery added to it time and again, so using your screenshot to judge anything is pointless.. Samsung battery life are generally not good, i have a friend who messaged me this evening we are both about to order for the iphone 7.. he uses an s7 just as yourself and he hates the battery life.. he doesn't even stay home to use the device, he is always at his job but yet the battery still dies before the day runs out...

His message below,cut off other sensitive informations.

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
you can actually decide to plug in your charger and as long as it didn't hit 100, when you disconnect, you screen on time starts counting from where it left off, with extra battery added to it time and again, so using your screenshot to judge anything is pointless.. Samsung battery life are generally not good, i have a friend who messaged me this evening we are both about to order for the iphone 7.. he uses an s7 just as yourself and he hates the battery life.. he doesn't even stay home to use the device, he is always at his job but yet the battery still dies before the day runs out...

His message below,cut off other sensitive informations.

I don't need to persuade you. I get 6hrs' SOT with about 20% battery left. Go to XDA and see people who get 7-8hrs.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

I don't need to persuade you. I get 6hrs' SOT with about 20% battery left. Go to XDA and see people who get 7-8hrs.
nah. I'll pass.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by 1x2x3: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
somehowpenis:
nah. I'll pass.

Keep passing but when you see a random video posted about Samsung your somehowpennis will stand

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by somehowpenis(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
1x2x3:

Keep passing but when you see a random video posted about Samsung your somehowpennis will stand
if Samsung gets it right, i will buy samsung, but until then i'll pass.
Re: Samsung Still Suck At Batteries by jmichlins(m): 10:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
i just dey pass and as I look for one person I no see I say make I ask about him. Where bossmd

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Your MTN Blackberry Service Working? / Rim Launches Blackberry 9790 In Nigeria / TECNO POP 1 Pro/f3 Pro Specs And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.