Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! (1886 Views)

How Do I Locate Gearbox Guage For Renault Scenic / Renault’s EZ-GO Robot Taxi Is The Most Socially Responsible Concept In Geneva / Renault Nissan Becomes World’s Largest Automaker. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello, I brought in a 2002 Renault Scenic about 3 weeks ago. Drove it home in the rain and then through a somewhat flooded road around Maicon bus stop Egbeda. I feared the height of the water on the road will be bad for the car but then, I didn't see water vapor from the bonnet or tyre areas suggesting the water didn't really touch the bottom side of my engine.
The car was OK and I did a service, planned to change the transmission oil too. This morning I stared the car, pulled out and removed the the sun shield with the illuminated mirrors and cut the wires leading to the bulbs in the mirrors (one of them sparked very little) because they were hanging low and troubling my head and I doubt it can be fixed well. After that I noticed the audio display and AC display didn't light up again and the AC fan wouldn't come on. But the car still started and drove around. Then about 2 days after the car wouldn't start at all till today.
Two electricians (and a mechanic who didn't do much but change the "starting sensor") have come to check, the last one with his diagnostic kit and all. They find it hard to tell what exactly is wrong with the car. The engine rolls with a good battery, the "starting sensor" has been changed. The last electrician said the plugs weren't "bringing light" and he had to by pass the ECU or so for the fuel pump to bring in fuel, so his conclusion was that the ECU may be faulty but that's not confirmed. He has identified two relays and a fuse that need replacement and that's all and he doesn't even have time to return to complete diagnosis.
The car was not handled roughly by any of the people above, no wires were pulled and disconnected etc. as I watched and asked and gave them my own suggestions of what I read online. The security light goes off once the key is inserted, no error light lights up on the dash, not even the ECU light.
Any experienced person with this car can kindly contact me on the number below, your advice will also be appreciated. Thank you.

08061199333 (Call and Whatsapp)

cc Sienna, Ikenna
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2016
EEA1:
Hello, I bought a 2002 Renault Scenic about 3 weeks ago. Drove it home in the rain and then through a somewhat flooded road around Maicon bus stop Egbeda. I feared the height of the water on the road will be bad for the car but then, I didn't see water vapor from the bonnet or tyre areas suggesting the water didn't really touch the bottom side of my engine.
The car was OK and I did a service, planned to change the transmission oil too. This morning I stared the car, pulled out and removed the the sun shield with the illuminated mirrors and cut the wires leading to the bulbs in the mirrors (one of them sparked very little) because they were hanging low and troubling my head and I doubt it can be fixed well. After that I noticed the audio display and AC display didn't light up again and the AC fan wouldn't come on. But the car still started and drove around. Then about 2 days after the car wouldn't start at all till today.
Two electricians (and a mechanic who didn't do much but change the "starting sensor"wink have come to check, the last one with his diagnostic kit and all. They find it hard to tell what exactly is wrong with the car. The engine rolls with a good battery, the "starting sensor" has been changed. The last electrician said the plugs weren't "bringing light" and he had to by pass the ECU or so for the fuel pump to bring in fuel, so his conclusion was that the ECU may be faulty but that's not confirmed. He has identified two relays and a fuse that need replacement and that's all and he doesn't even have time to return to complete diagnosis.
The car was not handled roughly by any of the people above, no wires were pulled and disconnected etc. as I watched and asked and gave them my own suggestions of what I read online. The security light goes off once the key is inserted, no error light lights up on the dash, not even the ECU light.
Any experienced person with this car can kindly contact me on the number below, your advice will also be appreciated. Thank you.

08061199333 (Call and Whatsapp)

cc Sienna, Ikenna

renault and citroen have lots of electrical issues and they dont want a bush mechanic

them the car on proper diagnostic machine

this thing of bypassing ECU they will fry it

2 Likes

Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
Thanx for the response. Still open to solutions.
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
Still
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
EEA1:
Still

your problem cant be diagnised over the internet you need a good mechanic with proper diagnostic tool machine who will eliminate possible causes
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
ZIMDRILL:

your problem cant be diagnised over the internet you need a good mechanic with proper diagnostic tool machine who will eliminate possible causes

OK. Will get a free electrician.. AGAIN. Thanx.
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 3:34pm On Nov 17, 2016
Fixed long ago. Happened that the "starting sensor" was loosely screwed in so there was loss in contact.
The Scenic is a pretty easy car to maintain. Just needs the right mechanics (Renault mechanics) as the others are mostly novices to this car.
Parts and mechanics are readily available at ITI, Ladipo.
Car is up for sale at a giveaway. Tap on user name.
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by dudebuck: 8:29am On Nov 18, 2016
WTF is the starting sensor?
Do you mean crankshaft and or camshaft position sensor?
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 12:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
dudebuck:
WTF is the starting sensor?
Do you mean crankshaft and or camshaft position sensor?

I have no idea what the right name is, that's why "starting sensor" is in quotes. That's what the mechanics call it.
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by dudebuck: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
EEA1:

I have no idea what the right name is, that's why "starting sensor" is in quotes. That's what the mechanics call it.
na wa
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2016
dudebuck:
na wa

Na real wah... Starting sensor indeed... For a car to start, d ECU monitors d camshaft and crankshaft position sensors, d Throttle position sensor.. Which one be starting sensor.. Dese kazeemz no go kill person
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by OPUSDEI1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 18, 2016
Usually, kazeem's refer to the crank shaft position sensor as the "starting sensor".
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 8:33pm On Nov 18, 2016
Good thing is, he started the car within 15 mins of arrival.
The other guys, with their scanners, laptops and all those diagnostic kits, spent 3hrs and still didn't make progress.
This kazeem knows his job. Proper name for engine parts or not.
It's good to know all the technicalities involved, but experience and understanding of what's really going on is still key.
Kazeem had nothing but the basic tools, screw driver, plier etc. and still outperformed the.. ermn.. what's the name for the other type of mechanics again?
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by steveyen(m): 4:24am On Nov 19, 2016
EEA1:
Good thing is, he started the car within 15 mins of arrival.
The other guys, with their scanners, laptops and all those diagnostic kits, spent 3hrs and still didn't make progress.
This kazeem knows his job. Proper name for engine parts or not.
It's good to know all the technicalities involved, but experience and understanding of what's really going on is still key.
Kazeem had nothing but the basic tools, screw driver, plier etc. and still outperformed the.. ermn.. what's the name for the other type of mechanics again?

Op pls dont mind these guys that go around bamboozling people with their laptops, and so called diagnostic tools. As you said nothing can be compared with a sound experience. They call other people Kazeems and call themselves auto technicians. They just read up all the technicalities of working of car and they know all the sensor names but when it comes to actual experience they are blank.

Imagine if you have given those people chance they would have changed the car ECU and end up maiming that car permanently.

My car is in a big mess now bcus of some diagnostic performed on it by one of the nairaland autotechnicians. For close to a week now he hasnt been able to solve the issue. Now the car starts and go off after staying for sometimes. He said it is the ECU and again several ECU has been changed still the same intermittent start and stops.

I am so tired of Naija Mechanics now. I dont know who to trust again for perfect work.
Re: Toks Renault Scenic Starting Issue Fixed. Easily! by EEA1(m): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2016
steveyen:

Op pls dont mind these guys that go around bamboozling people with their laptops, and so called diagnostic tools. As you said nothing can be compared with a sound experience. They call other people Kazeems and call themselves auto technicians. They just read up all the technicalities of working of car and they know all the sensor names but when it comes to actual experience they are blank.

Imagine if you have given those people chance they would have changed the car ECU and end up maiming that car permanently.

My car is in a big mess now bcus of some diagnostic performed on it by one of the nairaland autotechnicians. For close to a week now he hasnt been able to solve the issue. Now the car starts and go off after staying for sometimes. He said it is the ECU and again several ECU has been changed still the same intermittent start and stops.

I am so tired of Naija Mechanics now. I dont know who to trust again for perfect work.

Imagine that. And you pay a whole lot for that mess of a job they'll do to your car. Packaging know-how with big big English. I'm an Electrical/Electronics Engineering graduate myself. I do basic diagnostics on my cars, I could have been reading up anything and doing try and error on people's cars and collecting money but no, I'd rather learn from the so-called kazeem and electricians. If you know a thing or two about cars, it's easy to tell who really knows what he's doing, even if he doesn't know how to speak proper English.
A lady dropped her car with me a few days ago, complaining she spent over 150k to clear error lights and some work on the "legs" of the car. I checked the instrument panel just to find out that no error light was cleared, instead the ABS light, tire pressure light, brake light and a couple others were covered with tape. grin
For a whooping 150k plus!
While some of these auto technicians with fancy names and equipments and all, do a good job for the big cash you pay, others just simply package and do same thing (or worse) the road side mechanics do. And then a lot of them will tell you to go and come back, then call kazeem to come fix your car for a fraction of what you paid.
My advice, if your car is not one of the complex and new model types, a good kazeem is OK.
Hope you get to fix your car permanently. You can ask one or two people who use a similar car to direct you to their trusted mechanics and/or electricians, it's what I did to find this kazeem for my Renault.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians In Shock As Lagos Man Takes Delivery Of N472,000 Million Bugatti Veyro / Toyota Camry 2001(gold) @#600,000 / Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.