Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Introduction To Probiotics - Benefits And Supplements - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Introduction To Probiotics - Benefits And Supplements (1109 Views)

8 Best Slimming Tea, Coffee And Supplements In Nigeria / The Best Food And Supplements For HIV / Health Benefits And Side Effects Of Zobo Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Introduction To Probiotics - Benefits And Supplements by perfectbiotics: 11:56am On Oct 03, 2016
Introduction to probiotics / Definition:

Probiotics are considered to be healthy microorganisms that can provide benefits and improve the overall health or quality of life of an individual under the right numbers. You can call them good bacteria as opposed to the bad ones. Under the right numbers means that you have to have a lot of these probiotics in your body in order for them to have a positive effect on your health. Scientists say that we need on average a few hundreds of billions. It might sound like a lot but don't worry about it, they live in very large colonies and besides, they multiply really fast and have a very efficient way to do so and it's completely different than how other organisms multiply.

Bacteria use binary fission where a bacterium creates two sister bacteria from its own body. That's pretty much how they do it, and believe it or not, that is not the amazing thing here, as if cloning themselves was not enough, it's amazing how many times they can do it in a short period of time. According to scientific research, probiotic bacteria can multiply or go through binary fission successfully every half an hour if not even more frequently, however certain conditions must be met, like temperatures, nutrition, basically things they need, just like we humans need certain things in order for pregnancy to happen or in order to perform well, to be healthy and so on, these are requirements.

Probiotic benefits:

For one, they can improve digestion. This is fact, it is not something that scientists think might be possible, it has been seen and proven. Probiotic bacteria participate in the process of digestion where they break down and digest the food and the nutrients and help the body and the digestive enzymes with digestion and nutrient extraction and absorption and so on. Also there in the intestines, they help keep bad bacteria away from causing trouble by inhibiting their growth and creating an unhealthy environment for them to be in which helps, of course, reduce health problems, specifically infections caused by bacteria.

What probiotic would I recommend?

I could recommend multiple that I think would be fine supplements but I will go with the one I am using, not to say others aren't good, I am sure there are just as good if not better supplements out there but I can vouch for this one since I used it personally, still do in fact. Perfect Biotics from Probiotic America, you can read more on it or order it from the official website. It has 15 probiotic strains, some of the most important from [url]Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium[http://www.healthmagreviews.com/perfect-biotics-probiotic-america-review/ /url] and it's affordable.

(1) (Reply)

Must Read: Avoid These 14 Foods If You Have High Blood Pressure Or Heart Proble / Fix Your Eye Conditions With A 3-month Procedure / Help! My Uvula Is Giving Me A Sleepless Night.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.