Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Why Tinubu Will Sing Their Nunc Dimittis - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tinubu Will Sing Their Nunc Dimittis (493 Views)

2019: Tinubu Will Be Used And Dumped —sule Lamido / 2019: Why Tinubu Shouldn’t Depend Heavily On Buhari / Buhari: Why Tinubu Is Better As An Ally Than Opponent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Tinubu Will Sing Their Nunc Dimittis by fuke(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2016
Those who think they can demystify Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu by reducing his influence in APC using subterfuge better have a rethink because the man will sing their nunc dimittis.

They miss the point completely. Asiwaju Tinubu is not just another politician but the unofficial national leader of the Yorubas and this the supposed traducers and loyalists-turned renegades will soon find out to their chagrin.

To this writer Tinubu did not make a mistake to help Buhari get the presidency because a devil was better than GEJ and I could have helped even the Satan to replace the Otueke man at that time. But how were we to know that so soon, they would start to bite the fingers that fed them. The rumours had been around a while but many including this writer disbelieved it.

How were we to know that a President many of believe could not lie would approve subterfuge to influence the outcome of a state’s primary. How were we to know that our hope could influence the outcome of tribunal as many people are insinuating in the Kogi debacle.

I had thought that no-matter how long, Faleke would win at the end of the day because it was such a straight case. Now, the Supreme Court had put an end to any hope of righting the wrong. Abuja did that and got away with it and now Ondo.

Asiwaju being a democrat had congratulated the winner not knowing that the list had been manipulated from Abuja. Even when the committee sitting over the petitions voted to redo the primaries, the chairman went ahead to submit Barrister Akeredolu's name. With that singular act, they had destroyed APC.

Now, no party chairman could have taken such drastic action without getting the backing of the president and this bothers me and should bother all of us who had put so much trust in this presidency. So the president is just another one of them after all?

And with this many things are falling into place. The trial of Saraki which has suddenly lost momentum, the suspension of Jubrin without a finger being raised at Aso rock, the seemingly high handedness in the handling of Dansuki’s case, the loud silence of the presidency over the monstrous atrocities of the Fulani herdsmen, the nothernisation of juicy posts etc. You cannot be rigging primaries and profess accountability and claim you are fighting corruption because rigging an election is corruption pesonified. If you are coming to equity, you come with clean hands.
Could we have entered another one-chance as some pundits have said? My fear is this, if we miss it this time we may have missed it forever.

Back to matter at hand, if the presidency thinks the Yorubas will abandon Tinubu and live him to fight this battle alone, they are mistaken. Already Femi Fanikayode has spoken and so also pa Adebanjo and these are not Tinubu's political friends. Others are bound to follow suit.

As for the Abuja Yorubas in this plot, they should sit down and read their history. This same Asiwaju discovered and made all of them politically. To have sided with some powerful forces to undermine Tinubu is tantamount to treachery and history, particularly Yoruba history is never kind to traitors.

Those who did same to Awolowo regretted their action and their generations are never really assimilated by he Yorubas and are being treated as political outcasts. Their political end will not be any different. Asiwaju will sing their nunc dimittis as we celebrate their political eclipse.
Re: Why Tinubu Will Sing Their Nunc Dimittis by Rilikoko(m): 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hmmm...time will tell

(1) (Reply)

Gbaramatu Oil Spill: Communities Battle Polluter, Regulators Over Threat To Live / Recession: To Save Cost, I Still Live In My Old House- Saraki / Self Deceit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.