Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting (26565 Views)

Edo Election: Seven Communities Allocated Votes Without Out Voting is a lie. / 160 Fuel Tankers Allocated To The North, 40 To The South-West / "Full List Of 2016 Budgets For Nigeria States And Allocated Revenue " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2016
kenny987:
They will rig and over-rig. This is just a clear example of a dullard using expo and then proceeds to copy everything including the name and matric number of another student. How can a large area like this be disenfranchised yet have results announced for them as having voted? I am sure if forensic experts are called to examine the ballot papers, it will be discovered that only a few thumbprints appear repeatedly over 50,000 or more ballot papers while the real voters are either disenfranchised or have their votes thrown aside because it is not in favour of one party or the other.
Guy this news is a big fat lie, these communities mentioned are in warri not Benin, my house is not far from ajamimogho. All these place are in warri, below is a pic of angle park leading to ajamimogha in warri. This news is a bloody lie from the pit of PDP hell.

1 Like

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
ArabMopol:
buhari is a dullard
Dont insult buhari on this, cus this news is a lie from the pit of hell, these communities mentioned are in warri not Benin. I know this cause they are my area in warri, my house is not far from ajamimogha.
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by tosinjay(m): 10:21pm On Oct 03, 2016
This is why i said the results were fake or rigged. The people want Ize-Iyamu

Corrupt people forming change!

1 Like

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by bigapplelass(f): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
Bombastic PDP & their online moronic twa@s!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2016
dedollarman:

Source
http://tribuneonlineng.com/edo-poll-seven-communities-say-votes-allocated-withot-voting/
Op u are a big liar, u think u can deceive everybody, or u think people from those communities are not on nl, well I m from Warri, and these communities u mentioned are in warri., not benin. Seun, I ll advice u to take this lies out of nairaland.
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Thomthom(m): 10:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
After the announcement of the result edolites dnt no if they should shout, cry, scream after the evil annoucement just befall them i was given 2k but i voted for who i wanted to vote... My advice ize iyamu should go to court for forensic evidence thats all lipsrsealed
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by jossyr(m): 10:57pm On Oct 03, 2016
PatrickAnyanwu:
Hmmmmmmm.... This govt will end up destroying this nation.
the nation has been destroyed already by previous administration.he who is down fears no fall
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by jossyr(m): 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Abagworo:
This one is nothing compared with Rivers State where less than 1% voted, people were murdered in broad daylight and results written without voting in virtually the entire State. APC is rather too kind.
pls help me tell them

1 Like

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by blazer234: 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2016
donphilopus:

Ma dashi o oga..ma wu!!

Go back to school and learn Yoruba. Your Yoruba is disgusting,
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by YourNemesis: 11:43pm On Oct 03, 2016
I have never heard of any such Itsekiri communities in Edo state before oooooo....

Which kain news be this?
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Apoztl3(m): 12:05am On Oct 04, 2016
AreaFada2:

Your Hero Buhari passed a retro-active law to shoot people for crimes not punishable by death when committed in the past. Destroying economy, killing people instead of punishment as done by civilised countries have been his area of expertise since 1983. Why not tell him to do same now? Since he cannot build a nation, he should at least continue destroying it.

Of course killing critics for using their constitutional right is very normal for extremists and bigots like you who support Buhari. No surprise here. shocked shocked shocked
His moniker says it all
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Apoztl3(m): 12:15am On Oct 04, 2016
kcmichael:
PDP must die,I prefer kowa or Lp to be a strong opposition,u think Apc will fold their hands and watch u manipulate them.check out what happen in rivers state Pdp got 1.5m votes Apc got 100k.karma is at WORK
Talking trash as always

1 Like

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by donphilopus: 12:18am On Oct 04, 2016
blazer234:

Go back to school and learn Yoruba. Your Yoruba is disgusting,

Lol...I'm not Yoruba and I don't even understand Yoruba. What I wrote up there is Etuno (Igarra) language in Akoko Edo, Edo State.

1 Like

Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by ehissi(m): 6:45am On Oct 04, 2016
smirn:

The over voting mostly came from electorates who have case with the card reader. The alternative use of incidents form to enable those affected by the card reader did not take place immediately. Also, know that the decision to cancel a unit result is not within the power of those INEC staff at the unit level. As the collation progresses, issue are been raised on why total vote exceeds those recognized by the card reader hence reasons for possible cancellation. All documentation of the cancelled result as signed by representatives of the parties are still very much available with the electoral body. The way you are wailing on this election even when you didn't vote, what if you voted maybe by now only God know where you have been. Just wait, I will send you the losers number so you can advise him.

Wooow!! Wailing?? Something fundamentally out of place happens in my country and in my state of origin; I choose to comment on it and you call it wailing??

Like I said, it still goes to show that you have almost zero knowledge of the electoral processes that guarded the elections in edo state. Plus you also didn't listen to the collation live like I did, so you are at liberty to speculate.

For your information, the rules of engagement before the election were clear; no card reader no election. So your opinion about over-voting isn't quite practical.

If your card reader isn't working, notify your local-REC to immediately bring another one for use. Also, volunteers are mostly used at the polling units.

Also your comments about power of cancellation is also false. I haven't had the priviledge to oversee elections in this country at any level but I have had many colleague who have in many states including edo.

Ordinary NYSC Corper at a polling unit can declare election at a polling unit cancelled. Even in some wards and in Oredo, there was a case of a ward where the polling officers failed to exercise discretion - his card reader failed midway and they stopped voting immediately - unfortunately they weren't able to douse tension and when people started raising protests, they cancelled the elections.

When collation was taking place, it was also noted that the number of accredited voters was less than actual ballot cast and the question was also raised - but RC102.3FM cancelled the broadcast when the local-REC was trying to answer - why was there over-voting and why is the number of ballot cast lower than number of accredited voters - inspite of voting and accreditation taking place pari-pasu.

The only part of the answer heard before the broadcast was cancelled at that point was that "some people do accreditation and choose not to vote....." And then the broad cast was cut off. For me that part of the answer was hogwash, seeing that voting took place pari-pasu with accreditation. As soon as you are accredited you vote - so why will wait to accredit and choose not to go to the next. Table with my ballot paper to vote??

There will definitely be invalid votes, where the thumbprint overlaps and hits 2 different parties. That's normal, especially in rural areas. But over-voting giving the current rules of engagement is equivalent to ballot box stuffing.

For you information also (because it is clear to me that you are highly un-informed), there were a good number of wards were card readers didn't work at all and were never used but the polling officers held the elections anyway.

All result from such wards were declared cancelled, they were not even collated as part of the total results.

There was also a case of a clumsy officer who simply stated the votes for each party and refused to give breakdown. When asked, he simply said that he had an accident with his laptop screen and cannot see anything and so can't get the breakdown. His own area results too was in contention but the Returning officer asked for leniency since he said he was involved in an accident.

Any person who is educated enough and intelligent would sight grounds on which to challenge the result/elections.

Oredo for example has over 200,000 registered voters - 273,614 to be precise - but only 74,076 where captured during the elections for reasons of over-voting, cancellations, security etc

Like I said before, as far as the rules of engagment is concerned - for those who are informed about the facts- over-voting is impossible and where it exists amounts to ballot box stuffing or a tampered database or a faulty card reader. And that is a product of a rigged system.

Ize-iyamu may have a strong case to put up, if he has the finances and a strong and intelligent lawyer who know how to put up a good fight.........
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by comos: 8:15am On Oct 04, 2016
bejeiodus:
INEC has not been the same since Prof Jega left. He is really a tough act to follow. Many of the elections that have held since he left office have been trailed by controversies.

Prof Yakub and his team really need to get their act together. The general elections hold in three years' time and the crisis ridden elections so far conducted are an ominous sign of what could happen in 2019.

As regards Edo election, Pastor Ize-Iyamu should seek redress in court if he feels he was robbed of victory. If I were close to him, I would advise him not to waste scarce resources on a futile project. The courts these days are reluctant to rock the boat. That's why none of the 2015 governorship elections was upturned despite the abundance of evidence to do so.

I blame GEJ for what is happening now.

If he had implemented Justice Uwe's report, INEC would have been completely independent but he refuse because he was pushing a second term agenda
Re: Edo Poll: Seven Communities Say Votes Allocated To Them Without Voting by Splashme: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2016
kenny987:
They will rig and over-rig. This is just a clear example of a dullard using expo and then proceeds to copy everything including the name and matric number of another student. How can a large area like this be disenfranchised yet have results announced for them as having voted? I am sure if forensic experts are called to examine the ballot papers, it will be discovered that only a few thumbprints appear repeatedly over 50,000 or more ballot papers while the real voters are either disenfranchised or have their votes thrown aside because it is not in favour of one party or the other.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Declare Niger Delta Republic On October 1 – Adaka Boro Avengers / Alhassan Ado-Doguwa: How Tinubu’s Running Mate Will Emerge / Jonathan To Make Nation Wide Broadcast Tonight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.