Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,618 members, 7,865,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

Why I Did Not Attend Buhari’s Biography Presentation –atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Did Not Attend Buhari’s Biography Presentation –atiku (596 Views)

Why I Didn’t Attend Buhari’s Meeting With Governors - Fayose / Muhammadu Buhari Biography, History & Net Worth / Atiku Reveals Why He Ignored Buhari’s Biography Presentation And Met Jonathan In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Did Not Attend Buhari’s Biography Presentation –atiku by metroparrot: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
Former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has said that he did not attend the public presentation of President Muhammadu Buhari’s authorised biography, ‘Muhammadu Buhari: The Challenges of Leadership in Nigeria’ on Monday because he got the invitation to the event late.

The explanation was contained in a statement by Abubakar’s Media Adviser, Paul Ibe.

Ibe claimed that the former Vice-President only received the invitation on Monday after the event had started.

He, however, admitted that the invitation dated September 30 was received in Abubakar’s office on Saturday.

He said, “For inexplicable reason, the former Vice President only received his invitation today (Monday) after the event had started.

“It is on record that the invitation for the Turakin Adamawa was delivered to the Atiku Centre on October 1, 40 hours before the event of today, and only after the former Vice President had travelled to Gombe to honour the invitation for the celebrations of the 20th anniversary of the creation of creation of the State.

“The former Vice-President returned to Abuja on Sunday night, October 2.

“The invitation letter signed September 30, 2016, the last working day of the week was handed over to Atiku Abubakar today (Monday), after the programme had commenced.

“As a former Vice-President well-schooled in the demands of protocol, it would have been inappropriate of the Turakin Adamawa to storm into the event while Muhammadu Buhari, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Commander-in-chief was already seated with other dignitaries including visiting Heads of Government to the occasion.”

Abubakar was one of those who contested for the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress against Buhari in Lagos in 2015.

The former Vice-President came third behind Buhari and a former Kano State Governor, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/10/why-i-did-not-attend-buharis-biography.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Buhari’s Biography Presentation –atiku by sarrki(m): 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
Father of corruption talking

Leader of the Wailers

Coz u were not invited

Also you are busy with your associate at the airport
Re: Why I Did Not Attend Buhari’s Biography Presentation –atiku by kunlexy1759(m): 7:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Even if u get it earlier....

(1) (Reply)

I Was Never Arrested By EFCC- Uche Ogah / My Predictions On Propaganda Spot On, 1yr After! / Buhari Should Be Suspicious Of Anyone Who Advises Him To Ignore Biafra- Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.