Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,185 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala (28732 Views)

Time For All Omoluabi To Rally Round Tinubu / Open Letter To Ahmed Asiwaju Bola Tinubu By General Adeyinka Adebayo / Anti-saraki Senators Back Down, Rally Round Embattled Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by sirade(m): 5:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
StarPlayer:
Mind you i'm from the NC but for you to openly bow before the north just to spite your southern neighbor is to say the least shameful and pathetic. I think you should go back and re read your post. This is the reason igbos are always being outsmarted in nigerian politics. You people work with sentiments instead of wisdom. Smh

you are yoruba from kwara state, hope I am right

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:08pm On Oct 04, 2016
kalokalo:
I don't see Buhari winning the election in 2019. He definitely won't get the SE and SS votes. Those on ground in the SW will tell you that there is growing widespread disillusionment with Buhari in the region akin to how Jonathan lost their good will. He better retrace his steps as he doesn't have anyone with the clout of Tinubu that can sell him in the SW. He was a bad product that was transformed by the media into a sellable candidate. A media controlled by the SW.

His abysmal handling of the fulani herdsmen recurring saga has cost him goodwill in the NC which will cost
him votes there in 2019.

So the question is how does he hope to win in 2019 without the SW or Tinubu? If history is anything to go by, the SW will betray Buhari in 2019. I expect Tinubu to foresee this going by the political pulse on the ground.
He ll win hands down abeg. Bring up ur candidate 1st man.
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by kamalcole3000: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

I know you got my point so stop trying to shift my point to get it weak where there is none...

When buhari choose those Igbo men, we have a southern president who are more competent. Igbo voted for competence against tribalism (obasanjo comes to mind) against hatred, partisanship and overall where first patriotic. This is not about love for Gej but the competency of Gej based on merit as against buhari (2011 elections)

Fast forward to 2015, the Yoruba's brought into our politics what they called sophistication which is founded on hatred, betrayal, partisan, tribalism all before patriotism.

We all know that Most of all this happening is not because of whether buhari is performing or not but selfishness and tribalism. If buhari and north should kick out tinubus fking ideas should that form the basis why the Yoruba's should term his administration a failure? That's bullcrap

Meanwhile
Sw didn't vote out Gej as their votes where even divided as not all southwesterners (including those residing) are tinubu zombies or apc zombies.

Having said all this, if the sw won't continue staying loyal to buhari and his cohort and they (buhari and co) should turn eastwards for vp slot leaving osibanjo behind, the easterners will glady welcome them and apply the same politics as shun out by the Yoruba's in the last election and he shall win...

Go and ask the ottah farmer.

Foolish use and dumb hypocrites.

The reason the southeast always looses out in political calculation is because of what you have been cricizing the southwest of.

The southwest plays politics based strictly on performance(expected) and nationalistic interest.

Whether Buhari teams up with the East or mountain Kilimanjaro,even if he nominates hellrufai or Ribadu,his failure is certain come 2019 except he can reverse the harm he has done to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by vani86: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Aburo 50cent.

Calling your daddy a nigger. Useless boy! cheesy

Lmao nice meme by the way

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Brilliant essay. But Bola Tinubu is not the messiah of the southwest. At least not in the mould of Obafemi Awolowo.

His politics is patriarchal, dictatorial and opaque; all he has succeeded in doing so far is enslave the entire southwest (bar Ondo-Ekiti) to a small, incredibly venal power-elite composed of his immediate family members and proteges, with himself enthroned at the cancerous nucleus of a nest of thieves masquerading as 'progressive politicians'.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Demrich(m): 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:
All Tinubu needs to do is to start making plans to form another alliance that links truly progressive Northerners with those of the South-West, South-East and South-South. The possibility of that happening should give him a new fillip. At the very least, it would put him back into reckoning, ensuring he can only be ignored at great cost.

Femi Aribisala and his PDP principals can't even wait for Tinubu to declare that he's leaving APC before they start dangling the carrot of realignment to him. Like I once said before, those who intend to oppose Buhari in 2019 are already salivating at the prospect of an alignment with Tinubu. The rate at which former opponents and critics of Tinubu are falling over each other to support him shows clearly that they all admire and crave for his support from afar. The current crisis has opened the door for a possible realignment and it is left for the handlers of the President to handle the current rift in the party with care else, he may have himself to blame.
everything you said is correct to the best of my knowledge for all human actions and reactions has it ulterior motive even that of Tinubu. Remember Tinubu supported Jonathan against his ACN in 2011 but just that Jonathan did not perform well when he could have achieved much with available. Buhari government is worse than ever experienced in this country.
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by ceeethru(m): 5:18pm On Oct 04, 2016
When I hear some busy bodies and their supporters talk about rallying round tinubu and some take a swipe at him I laugh because politicians have made you people not to think well again. Who told you that tinubu needs been rallied around, even in animal kingdom there is rancour between animals but when there is a common enemy they will become united and devour the enemy. You people are the enemies and the political gladiators have come together to devour you. Mind your business politicians don't fight but have political disagreements that are settled in their inner caucuses to the disappointment of some fifth columnist.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by vani86: 5:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
ceeethru:
When I hear some busy bodies and their supporters talk about rallying round tinubu and some take a swipe at him I laugh because politicians have made you people not to think well again. Who told you that tinubu needs been rallied around, even in animal kingdom there is rancour between animals but when there is a common enemy they will become united and devour the enemy. You people are the enemies and the political gladiators have come together to devour you. Mind your business politicians don't fight but have political disagreements that are settled in their inner caucuses to the disappointment of some fifth columnist.

You made absolutely zero sense as well point.

[size=14pt]Zero[/size]

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Demrich(m): 5:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:

Okadigbo and Ume-Ezeoke were his running mate in the 2003 and 2007 elections, we know the outcome. yoruba's supported GEJ in 2011 because we believed he would be a departure from the past. He failed to deliver and we voted him out. Again in 2015, we supported Buhari because he presented himself as a change agent and someone who will fight and stop the mindless corruption that took place under GEJ. So far so good, we are still observing his government. If we find any reason not to support him in 2019, we will definitely withdraw our support and vote for another candidate that appeals to us. It has nothing to do with hatred, tribalism or partisanship. You Ibos can vote base on hatred, tribalism and partisanship but not we Yoruba's. We are guided strictly by patriotism and national interest.
CORRECT!!! YORUBA CAN EVEN VOTE AGAINST THEIR OWN FOR NONPERFORMANCE AND INCOMPETENCE.
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
happney65:

And who did Yoruba's vote for in 2011?Chuba Okadigbo i guess?

Other regions aside the core north voted Johnathan too, so, what's the difference?
Igbos too have been voting non igbos
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by izombie(m): 5:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
andre82:
Apologise to the rest of the south, which south? For what? Didn't you people have your anointed candidate in the name of GEJ, that you people gave full support? Why does everything have to be about you? What's your own in this one now?
i am not making anything my own. I'm just being blunt. Should tinubu or the yorubas field a yoruba presidential candidate, there is no way they are going to win against the north without the support of south east and south south. The north have monopolised nigerian politics, which is what the igbos have been fighting against but the yorubas seem to always side with the north. If the whole south do not unite and fight this then nothing will change. The yorubas have always been the odd man out in the south. The north will continue to use you people until you realise they are the enemy, not the igbos. Apologise now or. Then it was awolowo they used and dumped, now its tinubu, next might be fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
StarPlayer:
Mind you i'm from the NC but for you to openly bow before the north just to spite your southern neighbor is to say the least shameful and pathetic. I think you should go back and re read your post. This is the reason igbos are always being outsmarted in nigerian politics. You people work with sentiments instead of wisdom. Smh

We just learnt that new from our south west neighbours...

Is it now an offence the Igbo's are fast learners...?

And who sends your origin...

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
happney65:

I hate people that talk like this...Why are you so tribalistic in nature?Let me remind you,The Yoruba's you call practise tribalism voted against their own son Obasanjo in 1999,Isnt it?..Voted Massively for GEJ in 2011..In Nigeria,we Yoruba's are the most accommodating,and friendly.It is a Fact..

Lemme tell you son, you voted against obj act of selfishness and envy, the other Southerners are backing and cheering obj bc of how he absorbed us but you guys got envy of it and decided to field your own son but failed...

You voted Gej in 2011 because you have no choice BC assuming buhari took osibanjo as VP you would have voted on tribalism above merit and competence as done in 2015.

Yoruba's are not accommodating anything this is one Nigeria and in Nigeria there is freedom for everyone to live and work in any location in Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by EasternActivist: 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

What betrayal are you talking about? Who follow una sign document?

Na shukuokikedaberu go puni... you and "southerners".

Dem born us join una? Do we have to vote who y'all vote? Who dey follow una do tag team?

I bought ice cream with my money, you bought kunu. You dey tell me say why I no buy kunu

Gtfoh! Radarada

Lol... No be me cause your madness...

Betrayals...

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by eightsin(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
How will all these affect the prices of goods and services? This is my major concern

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by alexisgist(m): 6:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
Good pm friends, Indomie independent day Awards is coming up soonest and i am giving the opportunity to have the Ticket, as an Indomie Campus Ambassador.

Now to have this ticket I have to generate the following;
1.Facebook with 1000likes
2.Twitter 100 retweets
3.Instagram 500 likes
Submissions of post ends by 12midnight today
Thanks.

Help me like the picture via via Facebook https://mobile.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1132577860155668&id=100002103946454&set=a.103910513022413.8629.100002103946454&_rdr

Help me retweet on twitter via Take a look at Alex Ayo (@halexayo): https://twitter.com/halexayo?s=08

Help me like on Instagram via
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLJAM_hhfme/

This is my last hope. .. And I believe you can help me do it as a Nairalander.

Abeg you all
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by arresa: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
lol @ this bisala clown crying for Tinubu. Who send you?

You better stick to your ethnic jingo writing rubbish.

Asiwaju no send you and Yoruba people are always behind Asiwaju. Ask all the losers and enemies Asiwaju terminated on the battlefield. grin
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by andre82(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
izombie:
i am not making anything my own. I'm just being blunt. Should tinubu or the yorubas field a yoruba presidential candidate, there is no way they are going to win against the north without the support of south east and south south. The north have monopolised nigerian politics, which is what the igbos have been fighting against but the yorubas seem to always side with the north. If the whole south do not unite and fight this then nothing will change. The yorubas have always been the odd man out in the south. The north will continue to use you people until you realise they are the enemy, not the igbos. Apologise now or. Then it was awolowo they used and dumped, now its tinubu, next might be fashola.
Seriously, get a grip of yourself.
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Etinosajay(m): 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nonsense worship of a god as usual by a tribe.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Orikinla(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
A very comprehensive analysis of the political crisis in the APC.
Dr. Femi Aribisala is right.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by happney65: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

Lemme tell you son, you voted against obj act of selfishness and envy, the other Southerners are backing and cheering obj bc of how he absorbed us but you guys got envy of it and decided to field your own son but failed...

You voted Gej in 2011 because you have no choice BC assuming buhari took osibanjo as VP you would have voted on tribalism above merit and competence as done in 2015.

Yoruba's are not accommodating anything this is one Nigeria and in Nigeria there is freedom for everyone to live and work in any location in Nigeria....

I should not have even replied you..Yoruba's are not accomodating,yet Igbos are all over Lagos doing good..Members of the House or Reps and having inter marriages..Abegi i no get time for argument with someone that is blinded with tribalism jare...Shioor
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Babysheart(f): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nobody is going to sing any requiem for Tinubu and nobody is going to align with him. He's a pathologically selfish man who didn't see behind his nose to go and support NEPA bill Buhari, even when it's very clear the latter was the doyen of clueless people.

Let him rot in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by arresa: 6:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
Babysheart:
Nobody is going to sing any requiem for Tinubu and nobody is going to align with him. He's a pathologically selfish man who didn't see behind his nose to go and support NEPA bill Buhari, even when it's very clear the latter was the doyen of clueless people.

Let him rot in hell.

The tin pain you no be Small...

Wetin Asiwaju collect from ipob villagers sef .? grin
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Donprayer(m): 6:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] Oreri
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Donprayer(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
Oreri[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Donprayer(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
[b][/b]oreri
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by naphcoco(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
Tinubu was naïve, shortsighted, stupid and greedy. Wouldn't he have fared well with GEJ? The only thing that has happened to Tinubu is that, his treacherous plan to use Buhari backfired. Instead of Tinubu using Buhari, it is evident that, Buhari and the Northern interest used Tinubu to get the presidency that has eluded the north for 16years.
The relevance of Tinubu now depend on the Empathy from the SS and SE. He will always maintain his godfather position in the SW.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Tunami(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
OmoAjowa7:

Aburo 50cent.

Calling your daddy a nigger. Useless boy! cheesy
hahahaha, oga this is a faceless forum na. Abi u expect am to call u papa?
Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by StarPlayer: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
EasternActivist:

We just learnt that new from our south west neighbours...

Is it now an offence the Igbo's are fast learners...?

And who sends your origin...
tomorrow you people will still come out and say northerners are using divide and rule to conquer you people, mean while you're the ones dividing yourselves. I'm totally for NC, SW, SS, SE to close ranks and put an end to these hausa fulani madness once and for all but you people's sentiments will never allow for such. It's either you people are beefing the NC for the civil war or blaming the yorubas for betrayal, i wonder when you people will learn.

1 Like

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by drstone1: 6:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
seunmsg:
All Tinubu needs to do is to start making plans to form another alliance that links truly progressive Northerners with those of the South-West, South-East and South-South. The possibility of that happening should give him a new fillip. At the very least, it would put him back into reckoning, ensuring he can only be ignored at great cost.

Femi Aribisala and his PDP principals can't even wait for Tinubu to declare that he's leaving APC before they start dangling the carrot of realignment to him. Like I once said before, those who intend to oppose Buhari in 2019 are already salivating at the prospect of an alignment with Tinubu. The rate at which former opponents and critics of Tinubu are falling over each other to support him shows clearly that they all admire and crave for his support from afar. The current crisis has opened the door for a possible realignment and it is left for the handlers of the President to handle the current rift in the party with care else, he may have himself to blame.

Nobody ever hated Tinubu. In fact it was because of him some of us acquiesced to allow the APc have a go at Power to see what change they could bring on board. We were of the opinion that if the hogwash mixture of strange bedfellows in the APC wil only allow the shining lights of the erstwhile ACN to act like catalyst in a chemical solution, Nigerians may indeed expect better times under the new APC government. Almost two years down the drain, the high expectations of those desirous of Sweet change has all been fritted away by nepotism and cluelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by Tunami(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
emmasege:
Can You speak for yourself, man? I'm Yoruba, didn't vote for him in 2015 because I couldn't see him as a better alternative to GEJ. He only succeeded in 2015 because this time around, opposition was able to gain upper hand in the rigging process and control of the electoral body, thanks to GEJ's goodwill and Asiwaju's scheming abilities. There was never an election in 2015 just as there hadn't been in the previous.
three gbosa for you. Ori ee wambe. Sometimes i wonder why all this jobless e-warriors will come online and type rubbish and say they are speaking for the yoruba nation. Abeg na which yoruba nation be that?

3 Likes

Re: Time To Rally Round Bola Tinubu, By Femi Aribisala by ajayidayo2012: 6:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
We did not vote for buhari because he thought he was competent. We voted to choose the lesser of two evils. We voted buhari because he is way better than the clueless national embarrasment called Badluck Jonathan and his violent thieving semi literate bae..get it right sir..
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

At the bolded... You be lai Muhammed?

It is written all over the air how the Yoruba's voted, so this things you are saying is not inline with what happened. So preach to the devils...

The Yoruba's politics of 2015 will go down in history of how tribalistic and betrayals they are to the southerners just to please themseleves with the help of their masters up north...

All of a sudden the buhari you and your people didn't vote before for incompetence was now competent in 2015... Tell me another lie please

Liars...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP, APC All Square In Sokoto House Of Assembly / David Hundeyin Confronts Abike Dabiri-Erewa On Radio Over Death Of Itunu / Sowore Reacts To Wike's Declaration For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.