Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland (988 Views)

CBN Disburses Smaller Naira Notes To Traders To End Scarcity / Business Plan & Proposal On Cashew Nuts Trading For Local Traders&exporters / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 9:44am On Oct 04, 2016
I might not be long on this land, but my short stay has shown that if something urgent is not done our forum will not progress much. many of us want to do business with each other but fear of what happens when cash or goods are transferred becomes a hindrance , leading some people out of the forum. I propose to give out my account number to anybody that wants to transact business on this forum, the money should be transferred first to that account when the goods or services is received. then I will transfer the money to the seller or service provider. with 0.5persent interest paid to me, shared between the two parties in the same ratio 0.25percent each. I live in PH I bank with first bank, I can transfer upto a million a day. if it's possible I would love the management to send spies to my area and make independent survey by asking people within metres of my business environ if am reliable or not. I won't blow my trumpet, but I assure you that. one naira of a member will not go missing again. I've been a treasurer for a cooperative society for almost seven years and no issues, controlling almost 10million naira of public fund. it's just a proposal, the decision is yours to make. thanks
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by Oche211(m): 9:48am On Oct 04, 2016
U want people to trust this proposal in recession?
Why do u suggest ur acct? Why nt dat of seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 or a central nairaland account.
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 10:46am On Oct 04, 2016
Oche211:
U want people to trust this proposal in recession?
Why do u suggest ur acct? Why nt dat of seun, lalasticlala, mynd44 or a central nairaland account.

if we can open an account that belongs to nobody in particular with about three signatories better, my vision is to ensure smooth flow of goods and services amongst us. recession and conscience have nothing in common. if ur honest ur honest irrespective of the situation on ground. thanks
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by xpressTrade: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2016
capnies:
I might not be long on this land, but my short stay has shown that if something urgent is not done our forum will not progress much. many of us want to do business with each other but fear of what happens when cash or goods are transferred becomes a hindrance , leading some people out of the forum. I propose to give out my account number to anybody that wants to transact business on this forum, the money should be transferred first to that account when the goods or services is received. then I will transfer the money to the seller or service provider. with 0.5persent interest paid to me, shared between the two parties in the same ratio 0.25percent each. I live in PH I bank with first bank, I can transfer uptown a million a day. if it's possible I would love the management to send spies to my area and make independent survey by asking people within metres of my business environ if an reliable or not. I won't blow my trumpet, but I assure you that. one naira of a member will not go missing again. I've bee a treasurer for a cooperative society for almost seven years and no issues, controlling almost 10million naira of public fund. it's just a proposal, the decision is yours to make. thanks
listen to urself
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 10:58am On Oct 04, 2016
xpressTrade:
listen to urself

u can only go against this if u can't trust itself: I wonder how much could be transferred by an individual in this forum at a time. like the guy that just lost 83000 to bitcoin exchange that could be averted. I could mortgage my sienna each time before any transaction is made if we can establish a task force to that effect.
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by xpressTrade: 11:05am On Oct 04, 2016
capnies:

u can only go against this if u can't trust itself: I wonder how much could be transferred by an individual in this forum at a time. like the guy that just lost 83000 to bitcoin exchange that could be averted. I could mortgage my sienna each time before any transaction is made if we can establish a task force to that effect.
Judas and y I u so interested in playing jesus
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by nanaman(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2016
capnies:

You suggested but you didn't look into the hindrances. ?

Who will bear the cost of transfer to other banks. ?

If the buyer is not interested in the goods and services,request for refund and buyer insist there is a problem with the product upon receiving the product back,what do we do?

What about the time frame in services like data resellers.?

It would not work bro. Nigerians know how to detect scammers if they follow their instincts and ask questions but most us are in a hurry to make things work.

I was once scammed on nairaland about 3yrs ago That didn't deter me from from doing business when I learnt the hard way. I bought my laptop,thumb printing machine,wrist watch, phone and started my business in school.

2 Likes

Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2016
nanaman:

If the buyer is not interested in the goods and services,request for refund and buyer insist there is a problem with the product upon receiving the product back,what do we do?

It would not work bro. Nigerians know how to detect scammers if they follow their instincts and ask questions but most us are in a hurry to make things work.

I was once scammed on nairaland about 3yrs ago That didn't deter me from from doing business when I learnt the hard way. I bought my laptop,thumb printing machine,wrist watch, phone and started my business in school.

money can only get to the recipient when all conditions are fulfilled . if u wait for everything to be alright b4 making a move u will do nothing

1 Like

Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2016
I initially had to this in mind, but a lot of things are to be considered. This is an escrow. It will require much like a team, not a personal stuff. People needs to be sure that no matter what, their funds are still safe. If majority of Nairalanders will accept this, I will gladly be part of it. These will be needed

1. Registered Business (Existing with an address). The business should be registered with a name and a functional address. All transactions will be made to the Corporate account of the registered business.

2. Disputes & Resolutions are bound to happen. I have a good means to make sure all ends with both parties satisfied.

3. A functional website will be required for this business to
thrive. Here, track records of individuals, business and even large organizations that have transacted through this platform can be kept and feedback from their past customers can be accessed by the public, anyday, anytime.

This strategy seeing the light of the day, would require massive support from both Nairaland and Nairalanders. I guess we could work as a team if Nairaland/ers buys this idea.

Regards
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2016
This Escrow styled payment is good, but requires a professional set up that breeds trust. Getting some people together to hold some people's funds is not good enough. I think it would require a trusted organization known for such to see the light of day. Registering it as a business and having some people who may appear trustworthy still can't do it. People's minds become devious once they begin to handle sums they've never dreamt off
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 11:46am On Oct 04, 2016
nanaman:

I understood all you made mention and being sincere, I have thought this up a long time, all transactions (all charges inclusive) will be made available to both the BUYER & SELLER and they will be aware of the extra charges they are to bear BEFORE they initiate a transaction.

Again, this will lead to both of them paying higher than they were to pay if they transacted locally, but the charges should be minimal to encourage massive patronage and more people embracing the platform. Its a minute price to pay for security.

Regards
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 11:54am On Oct 04, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:
This Escrow styled payment is good, but requires a professional set up that breeds trust. Getting some people together to hold some people's funds is not good enough. I think it would require a trusted organization known for such to see the light of day. Registering it as a business and having some people who may appear trustworthy still can't do it. People's minds become devious once they begin to handle sums they've never dreamt off
Of course, you are right with this BUT those labelled Professionals quite started this way. If everyone avoided them and looked up to existing Professionals available then, the professionals you see and truth today, might not have seen the light of the day. We will make it so secure that even the death of the founders won't affect the business, the business will continue, but with newer faces.

I foresee this growing big everyday.
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 11:57am On Oct 04, 2016
Apologies Capnies for storming your thread, I have had this idea a long time and will do my best to make it a reality. I seek your permission to continue with my posts if need be.

Regards
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
anochuks08:
Of course, you are right with this BUT those labelled Professionals quite started this way. If everyone avoided them and looked up to existing Professionals available then, the professionals you see and truth today, might not have seen the light of the day. We will make it so secure that even the death of the founders won't affect the business, the business will continue, but with newer faces.

I foresee this growing big everyday.

I am sorry but they didn't start that way, they enlisted the services of known companies to generate confidence in their business and as they began to grow, decided to take up the responsibility themselves, by then customer trust was built and firmly established. One of the biggest, if not the biggest risk you can venture in business is to handle funds that do not belong to you. Delay a bit to release peoples funds and the name you have managed to build small, would be tarnished overnight and in this internet age, once it's out there, millions will see it and change their mind too. However, if this your dream, please ride on...I would be glad to see it become a success
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 12:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:

I am sorry but they didn't start that way, they enlisted the services of known companies to generate confidence in their business and as they began to grow, decided to take up the responsibility themselves, by then customer trust was built and firmly established. One of the biggest, if not the biggest risk you can venture in business is to handle funds that do not belong to you. Delay a bit to release peoples funds and the name you have managed to build small, would be tarnished overnight and in this internet age, once it's out there, millions will see it and change their mind too. However, if this your dream, please ride on...I would be glad to see it become a success
Thanks for your input sir, its highly appreciated. Will still explore the options of enlisting with existing companies here. Thanks once again for this input, I appreciate.

Regards
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
anochuks08:
Thanks for your input sir, its highly appreciated. Will still explore the options of enlisting with existing companies here. Thanks once again for this input, I appreciate.

Regards

You are welcome, just helping in my own little way but i'll be glad to see this come to pass. I really will
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2016
anochuks08:
I initially had to this in mind, but a lot of things are to be considered. This is an escrow. It will require much like a team, not a personal stuff. People needs to be sure that no matter what, their funds are still safe. If majority of Nairalanders will accept this, I will gladly be part of it. These will be needed

1. Registered Business (Existing with an address). The business should be registered with a name and a functional address. All transactions will be made to the Corporate account of the registered business.

2. Disputes & Resolutions are bound to happen. I have a good means to make sure all ends with both parties satisfied.

3. A functional website will be required for this business to
thrive. Here, track records of individuals, business and even large organizations that have transacted through this platform can be kept and feedback from their past customers can be accessed by the public, anyday, anytime.

This strategy seeing the light of the day, would require massive support from both Nairaland and Nairalanders. I guess we could work as a team if Nairaland/ers buys this idea.

Regards

thanks brother I only took a step but I know that if we put our heads together we will arrive at something that will boost this forum reputation, traffic and transactions
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 1:27pm On Oct 04, 2016
anochuks08:
Apologies Capnies for storming your thread, I have had this idea a long time and will do my best to make it a reality. I seek your permission to continue with my posts if need be.

Regards

your welcome
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by BizBloke(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
nanaman:

These questions/hindrances can be easily answered/solutions provided to them.
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by anochuks08(m): 7:25am On Oct 05, 2016
capnies:

thanks brother I only took a step but I know that if we put our heads together we will arrive at something that will boost this forum reputation, traffic and transactions
lets start somewhere. will send you a PM
Re: Proposal On How To End Fraud And Scam On Nairaland by capnies: 7:31am On Oct 05, 2016
let's start with transactions below 20000naira first

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With 500K? / Uber Drivers Protest 'Scam' In Lagos (Picture / Where Can I Get A Large Supply Of Silver In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.