Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade (695 Views)

Yemi Adeyemi 'Suara': "Sola Sobowale Almost Crashed My Marriage" / A Drawing Of Banky W And Adesua Etomi Kissing By Facebook User, Omere Kelly / Yemi Alade: "How Sarkodie Disgraced Me 3 Times" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade by Rocktastic(m): 1:54pm On Oct 04, 2016
A Facebook user called 'Yole Egole' had this to say about the kind of music she made.

" # musings_of_a_music_freak
THE COMEDIENNE CALLED YEMI
Yemi Alade is in the news.This time its about her response to those criticizing her lyrics.Her response reads thus "Be there criticizing my lyrics while I continue smiling to the bank". .Hmmmm.
I ve never been impressed by the musician that is Yemi Alade.Don't get me wrong.The woman Yemi Alade is quite a great personality.What strikes me as remarkable about her is her philanthropic heart.She is actively involved in charitable endeavors.Yemi is also every man's dream.Tall,pretty and oozing of a heavy dose of sexiness.But the problem is that Yemi's sexiness do not extend to her lyrics.She has been guilty countless times of having shallow lyrics,even the music she drops are questionable more times than not.
Yemi Eberechi Alade burst into the scene by winning the 2009 edition of The Peak Talent Hunt.She dropped some songs like Fimisile,Ghen Ghen Love and Bamboo(which became a sleeper hit).But her stars soared to the highest peak with the release of the monster hit "Johnny".She followed this success with the release of her debut album "King of Queens'' which was met with mixed reviews.The album had songs like Tangerine which had lyrics like
"Baby you go love me, your love is sweet like
tangerine
Baby you go hug me, your love is sweet like
Baby, baby I go love you, your love is sweet
like tangerine
Baby I go hug you, your love is sweet like. . Hale hale hale hale sample the tangerine
(suka suka)
Aya aya aya aya sample the tangerine (suka
suka)''
and "Kissing'' with lyrics like
"Baby, me and you sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-
I-N-G
Baby, me and you ulele sitting on a tree K-
I-S-S-I-N-G
Because it’s saramboro
You make me feel like ayayayaya
My melody saramboro
Warara waramboro
You make me feel like ayayayaya".
If i may ask,what in high heavens is "saramboro","waramboro'' or even "suka suka''?
Ms Alade then came out with her sophomore album. "MAMA AFRICA".With a name like that I believe I wasn't the only one expecting an album where Yemi talks about the story of the struggles of Black Africa.But alas Yemi had other plans.The lead single "Ferrari'' talks about how a man needs to be rich to enjoy her "goodies'' with lyrics like "If you love me you go buy me
Ferrari ah ah
If you like me you go pay me salary
eh eh eh
Soup wey sweet na money dey cook
am aha ah aha
If you want it you go spend to chop
am eh eh eh".
I begin to wonder if that's what Mama Africa(a name generally ascribed to the African continent) really preaches about.
Now here's the thing.The fact is that Yemi's lyrics lack depth.Her music as a whole is mediocre.Yes,pop music in Nigeria doesn't require much lyrical dexterity but that doesn't mean you force-feed the general public with crap music.Yemi even went as far as saying Nigerians are misogynistic,that we don't criticize the men like we do the women.Yemi,are you serious? Please,can IcePrince,Olamide, LilKesh and even the demi-god MI,stand up??.In fact the men receive more criticisms.The world can't really criticize women like Omawunmi,Tiwa Savage or even Simi for their lyrical content or musical depth.
So Miss Alade the moment you realize that your fans don't care if you are as rich as Bill Gate or friends with Michelle Obama,as far as you don't drop good music/lyrics, you will easily be forgotten.Ask a certain musician called Terry G.
# myOPINION"

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1151114391629257&id=100001921204417&refid=28&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=qid.6337589314173862655%3Amf_story_key.1771673236128746612&__tn__=%2As
Re: What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade by blaquemyc: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Bad belle pple full everywhere
Re: What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade by YungJo207(m): 2:12pm On Oct 04, 2016
Come to think of it...Op na true oo.
Re: What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade by ring7(m): 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
Just say that you are tiwa savage and aformention fans....yemi is very energetical .just that she came from peak doesn't mean he isn't good.
Re: What A Facebook User Had To Say About Nigerian Artiste Yemi Alade by ObaKlaz: 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dude made sense and stated facts. But as long as you don't fan the ego and appeal to the sentiments of the average NIGERIAN, you're tagged HATER.

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West’s Net Worth And Debt Revealed In Wake Of Kim Kardashian Paris Hotel / See Dakore Egbuson's New Love / Woman Place Her Virginity For Sale At £325,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.