Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative (22775 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / Afe Babalola Supports Restructuring, Says Obasanjo Is Best President / Buhari And Osinbajo Wearing Caps In Support Of 'Change Begins With Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Mayorsholly(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Summary plss.. gat no time reading dia shiiitt :
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by josite: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
could this letter be better written?
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by CowHard: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
This OP has 3 of his post on FP
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by blazer234: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
junpyo:
The way Nigerians dwell on irrelevant issues though

Hope you would also count it as irrelevant if it had been Jonathan

4 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by pally1982: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Keneking:
Useless government embarassed

Very useless indeed

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Osmondinho(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
hahahahahaha.... this is really getting interesting..

Click "Like" if U tink Liar Mohammed will sue
Click "Share" if U tink He will chicken out

Nairalanders over to you... make ur vote count

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Osmondinho(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2016

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by pawesome(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
I am nt dt bodad bout who stole what as far as dia was a stealin...wt am so bodad bout is dt u guys re tryn to tell me dt a president f a whole country read anoda presidents speech without knwin? As in our presido cnt construct a speech 4 himself...dts to show dt he read wt he meant but nt mean wt he read..

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by morbeta(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Will this put food in the table of hungry Nigerians
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Rossburg(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2016
Chooiiiii

So Uncle Lie Muhammad been copy diz thing.

No wonder my mind dey tell me since say

This write up na pure copy copy work.

Na Thu*der go fire you.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by zurine(f): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
hmm, font know what to say anymore
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Miles300: 9:39pm On Oct 04, 2016
Wat I have come to realize is this , apc never thought they will win the election ,so there was absolutely no plan or agenda as to what they will bring for Nigerians... They only use the normal promises every politician will use to ensure they try and win the people over ... Cos with the level of incompetences and so many weird stuffs happening which is unethical in any government proves that they were caught unawares by winning the election ... Hence we are where we are today cos there was no plan from day one ...

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by nellyelitz(m): 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2016
blazer234:

Hope you would also count it as irrelevant if it had been Jonathan
don't mind the zombie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by arresa: 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
It'd really funny, sad and pathetic grown men reduced themselves to these days.

These tired and pathetic old men with nothing better to do than cry and sob over the dumbest nonsense like useless and jobless market women. grin

What if it's not his idea? Does is mean we have to see tired granpa fighting over silly words as if the reason for the term and intentions doesn't matter, but all that matters is dumb old men and their market women ego.

Sadly, these old PDP clown have no ideas and solutions to move Nigeria forward, all they do everyday is right and blast this and blast that...

Thank God Nigerians kicked these useless mofos to the curb... grin

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Nathan2016: 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Menh.. Guy yo sabi yab person.. Shit... I pray i don't meet you as a grandmother or grandfather.. Lol... I go cry if i b bubu to see you comment.. ...
rapistomenka:
Who's interested in who started the crab tagged "change begins with me."

What Nigerians are interested in is: why Buhari should display his illiteracy and laziness by sitting down to watch cartoons and waking up from there to read an Obama speech to his slaves?

This is what is called plagiarism; why should Buhari plagiarize Obama's speech? Are they age mates?

Is it not a big disgrace for an old man to imitate a small boy? Obama should be learning and aspiring to speak Hausa not Buhari learning how to speak English from Obama.

The old man has disgraced Nigeria more than all past Nigerian presidents combined!
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Johnsown1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 04, 2016
Wahala dey

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by arresa: 10:02pm On Oct 04, 2016
Funny enough, village Igbos with no identity, no sense of belonging too they vibrate and feeling funky over silly old man looking for relevance... grin
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Splinz(m): 10:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:
Forget bout who iniated d idea..d important thing here is dat..we Nigerians really need to change our attitude..mindset and overall outlook on life and Nigeria as well...we re too uncivllized to mention but d least..we re not qualified to criticize anybody CU's we deserve what ever we are getting...we dirty... Corrupt...due process is not obtainable...unlawful n all what not..we really need to change our attitude n mindset to make Nigeria get again
What are you saying! People like Lai Mohammed don't deserve to call for attitudinal change from Nigerians when he himself is such a disgraceful petty thief! This is serious matter! The foundation of that sham of a campaign bleeds of corruption and can't be taken serious by sane minds!

3 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by yemitty203: 10:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
APC... plagiarism before now it's copyright

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Arjeeni: 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2016
Olówó ń sọ̀rọ̀ tálákà lóhùn láé dia...........

Because MB is very cheap nowadays and browsing phone easy to get as well, anyone can hide behind the fingers and type rubbish.

Who this one epp!
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by KardinalZik(m): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:
Forget bout who iniated d idea..d important thing here is dat..we Nigerians really need to change our attitude..mindset and overall outlook on life and Nigeria as well...we re too uncivllized to mention but d least..we re not qualified to criticize anybody CU's we deserve what ever we are getting...we dirty... Corrupt...due process is not obtainable...unlawful n all what not..we really need to change our attitude n mindset to make Nigeria get again

And this is the most daft comment I've seen here!

So, the initiator of am idea is not important? So, the thief is more important than the legal owner because you love those who steal? Do you mean intellectual property doesn't matter? Do you mean that if I steal your money and feed the less previledged with it, I will not be considered a thief simply because I did humanitarian service with it? Is it because you probably possess no laudable intellectual property that you hold this stand, or because you have natural love for thievery?

Abeg, think well before you comment on issues like this next time.

Coz we believe that plagiarism is intellectual robbery, stealing, and irresponsibility. It is both a crime and a tort.

3 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by slimsoshady(m): 11:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
undecidedYoruba:

guy your jabs are ferocious and thunderous....
I concore.lolzzz
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by doctokwus: 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2016
cowardSeun:
Bet me.... Lai Mohamed will not end well for himself.
Looking back I really ask myself,so there was a time I really liked Lai Muhammed?How time flies !
Now all I see is a lying,corrupt,shameless old man who disgusts me.To have so crudely cheated someone of his intellectual work and still want to sue the person for asking for his rights is the hallmark of a wicked,conniving and reprehensible soul.
In saner climes,d likes of Kyari,Dambazzau,Buratai,that indicted Niger Delta minister,Solomon Dalung & Lai wud have been fired by a president that is sincere and knows what he is doing.But in the banana republic we still operate even wen he claims he is mr integrity,this president wud rather persecute his appointees accusers than lift even half a finger against them.

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by RidwanMB: 11:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
undecided undecided iranu... is this the solution to the recession the country is facing!? case out of nothing. mtchew!
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Fingesi(m): 11:43pm On Oct 04, 2016
The country is sinking, what ever we can do to salvage it, should be done. Should these two old men be dragging such thing at this critical moments. The so called change begins with me has not got any effect on this country since it was initiated. Bribes are still been collected, people recently sold their votes for N5k, one party still cheated on the other etc. So what are these two grown men killing themselves for? Lets just pray this country dont go in depression, recession is just a childs play compared to what we might face in the future if things dont get better. i beg, youth make una collect una country back from these old men before they enter grave with am.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by PHfinest(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fresia01:

Can we first change the idea/notion that who initiated it is not important? How do you use corruption as the premise of fighting corruption?

Kai!

2 Likes

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by nokingasgod: 12:38am On Oct 05, 2016
Much ado about a concept.

The rate at which some of us join sides on issues on which we lack understanding and knowledge of, is alarming and expectedly so, the over-the years-decadence in our educational sector is now so much evident and its nauseating. Reading and comprehending a simple letter is now rocket science to most of us.....

First the headline of the op was very wrong. Reading through Akin Fadeyi's letter to the president, he never claimed to own the line ''Change Begins with me''. In fact he admitted that the Minister of Information told him he was ''ruminating on a ‘Change Begins with Me’ idea of his own'' which he advised him, Akin Fadeyi to reflect in his concept ''Not In My Country''. This corroborated the Minister's claim that he had been working with consultants on the concept ''Change Begins With Me'' long before his meeting with Akin Fadeyi in December 2015.

The question should have been, was the minister lying about working on a Change Begins with Me’ idea with cosultants long before meeting Mr Fadeyi in December 2015?. This i think should be starting point.

In my own view, the two concepts, Change Begins With Me and Not in My Country (Corruption) are similar and people in the creative industry knows that inspiration are drawn from the same well. In other words, there is only one source of power - creative etal. Give these two concepts to different creative groups for execution, the outcomes will be similar. How do you want to interpret these concepts in Nigeria of 2015 and you will not touch issues like corruption, attitudes etc which are quite expansive and wide and i dont think anybody can lay claim to the copyright on such.

Mr Fadeyi was wrong, what was launched on September 8, 2016 was not just ''drama skits'' but a broad-based mass mobiisation campaign. What was shown on the day of launch were part of the advertising leg of the campaign and since Mr Fadeyi's execution was in the area of drama which i think is a veritable medium of social communication, they are still very much relevant in the scheme. This, i think should be his position rather than the copyright route which i doubt can stand in any court of law.

But then, the Minister should have treated Mr Fadeyi with respect and decency. According to Mr Fadeyi, after the minister encouraged him to fine-tune, modify, edit his concept, along the line, the minister became incommunicado. This i think is disrespectful. The Minister at least should have communicated his intention to discontinue or otherwise with Mr Fadeyi. If he's not going to be compesated for his efforts, at least he deserves commendation and assurance of future patronage.

Now back to d question ''was the minister lying about working on a Change Begins with Me’ idea with cosultants long before meeting Mr Fadeyi in December 2015?. The answer is a capital NO

I was privileged to know about the project ''Change Begins With Me'' shortly before or after the Minister was sworn-into office which was severalmonths before December 2015.
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by kings09(m): 1:04am On Oct 05, 2016
Dats y u cnt see any of dem on dis thread. Sarrki, seunmsg, madridguy, hungerbad, ngeneukwenu, fulanimafia n related zombies that stand wit 'sai thief'...sory sai barawo...sory sai baba
Histrings08:
Even the zombies can't deny that

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by jojothaiv(m): 1:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Just when you thought you had seen it all...
A lot of surprises boku for this year sef...
Meanwhile, ma dey observe people comments..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra ‘Ministers’: DSS Puts Soludo, Utomi, Jerry Gana, Labaran Maku Under Watch / Embezzled Funds: Bamidele Akpan, Sacked NANS President Under Investigation / PDP Crisis: Yemi Akinwonmi Takes Over, Suspends NWC Meeting Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.