Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative (22828 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / Afe Babalola Supports Restructuring, Says Obasanjo Is Best President / Buhari And Osinbajo Wearing Caps In Support Of 'Change Begins With Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by jojothaiv(m): 1:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Just when you thought you had seen it all...
A lot of surprises boku for this year sef...
Meanwhile, ma dey observe people comments..
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 05, 2016
Fresia01:
Forget bout who iniated d idea..d important thing here is dat..we Nigerians really need to change our attitude..mindset and overall outlook on life and Nigeria as well...we re too uncivllized to mention but d least..we re not qualified to criticize anybody CU's we deserve what ever we are getting...we dirty... Corrupt...due process is not obtainable...unlawful n all what not..we really need to change our attitude n mindset to make Nigeria get again

are you a foolish woman government that is fighting corruption and preaching change of altitudes the same government to steal this government is the most stupid since the inception of this country
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Honest9ja: 4:15am On Oct 05, 2016
This is like a pastor asking ppl to repent when he is even a worse sinner. The best way to lead is by example not by mere words. Ppl are moved more by actions not just statements. This govt. has been calling ppl to changing itself or even showing any sign of future change. PMB has cntd to live large, traveling around the globe even with his family. Lai Mohammed stealing ppl's work. How the will u b requesting ppl to change when change is even afraid of u. I request for the launching of another change outfit to b titled " CHANGE BEGINS WITH THIS GOVT".
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by back2sender: 5:13am On Oct 05, 2016
What is this nonsense called a letter.
He should go to court if he feel Lai stole his intellectual property.
If not the man is a fuul and rable rouser.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Tundeiab(m): 5:27am On Oct 05, 2016
Eazybay:
I would not comment till dey tell me how much was used for the "change begins with me" FANFARE
My brother, I don't think you want to know!
The amount alone can give one high blood pressure. grin
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by overboard(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2016
nokingasgod:

Much ado about a concept.

The rate at which some of us join sides on issues on which we lack understanding and knowledge of, is alarming and expectedly so, the over-the years-decadence in our educational sector is now so much evident and its nauseating. Reading and comprehending a simple letter is now rocket science to most of us.....

First the headline of the op was very wrong. Reading through Akin Fadeyi's letter to the president, he never claimed to own the line ''Change Begins with me''. In fact he admitted that the Minister of Information told him he was ''ruminating on a ‘Change Begins with Me’ idea of his own'' which he advised him, Akin Fadeyi to reflect in his concept ''Not In My Country''. This corroborated the Minister's claim that he had been working with consultants on the concept ''Change Begins With Me'' long before his meeting with Akin Fadeyi in December 2015.

The question should have been, was the minister lying about working on a Change Begins with Me’ idea with consultants long before meeting Mr Fadeyi in December 2015?. This i think should be starting point.

In my own view, the two concepts, Change Begins With Me and Not in My Country (Corruption) are similar and people in the creative industry knows that inspiration are drawn from the same well. In other words, there is only one source of power - creative etal. Give these two concepts to different creative groups for execution, the outcomes will be similar. How do you want to interpret these concepts in Nigeria of 2015 and you will not touch issues like corruption, attitudes etc which are quite expansive and wide and I don't think anybody can lay claim to the copyright on such.

Mr Fadeyi was wrong, what was launched on September 8, 2016 was not just ''drama skits'' but a broad-based mass mobiisation campaign. What was shown on the day of launch were part of the advertising leg of the campaign and since Mr Fadeyi's execution was in the area of drama which i think is a veritable medium of social communication, they are still very much relevant in the scheme. This, i think should be his position rather than the copyright route which i doubt can stand in any court of law.

But then, the Minister should have treated Mr Fadeyi with respect and decency. According to Mr Fadeyi, after the minister encouraged him to fine-tune, modify, edit his concept, along the line, the minister became incommunicado. This i think is disrespectful. The Minister at least should have communicated his intention to discontinue or otherwise with Mr Fadeyi. If he's not going to be compensated for his efforts, at least he deserves commendation and assurance of future patronage.

Now back to d question ''was the minister lying about working on a Change Begins with Me’ idea with consultants long before meeting Mr Fadeyi in December 2015?. The answer is a capital NO

I was privileged to know about the project ''Change Begins With Me'' shortly before or after the Minister was sworn-into office which was several months before December 2015.

You have dealt with this issue in a most mature manner.

And quite true too that creative industry practitioners all pull from the same well; in an especially pivotal time and location with certain circumstances obvious and rampant, there may be heavy intersection of ideas, creatives and executions. At this point in time, such is expected even more as the Buhari government was going to, in some form or fashion, introduce a national orientation campaign reminiscent of his War Against Indiscipline.

However, it is also true too that Lai Mohammed did not act gentlemanly enough and this might have been caused by the consultants to his project. I tell you, creative agencies abhor collaboration especially as regards concepts. If it is the distribution, purchase or sale of media, they can - if there's no avoiding it - accept that fate as long as they get a piece of the pie. They likely just killed the idea of an Akin Fadeyi being a third party resource with their claim of having a better hold on the project.

A small creative group I work with had began throwing around ideas and brain-storming on a similar but uniquely novel and differently positioned drive but all efforts were halted when there was word from the grapevine of the impeding engagement of the consultants. Lai Mohammed and them had a history and we were not going to be floating ideas that would act as fuel for other.

The problem with creativity is once you allow it to fester, you are like a pregnant woman; you will sha deliver it and sometimes it could be a problem child. For me for now, the idea is better aborted as a premature formation lest it put one in trouble.

All that said, I have a big problem with the whole serenre. That's not for today though.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by sademola: 6:15am On Oct 05, 2016
cowardSeun:
Bet me.... Lai Mohamed will not end well for himself.

So will you end too, Coward!!!

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by CowHard: 6:21am On Oct 05, 2016
sademola:

So will you end too, Coward!!!

You mean Seun is a coward
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by SycophanticGoat: 6:33am On Oct 05, 2016
Fresia01:
Forget bout who iniated d idea..d important thing here is dat..we Nigerians really need to change our attitude..mindset and overall outlook on life and Nigeria as well...we re too uncivllized to mention but d least..we re not qualified to criticize anybody CU's we deserve what ever we are getting...we dirty... Corrupt...due process is not obtainable...unlawful n all what not..we really need to change our attitude n mindset to make Nigeria get again

Are you talking about Nigerians on a general note or are you singling out the masses? If on a general note, then it's acceptable, otherwise then what you're talking is unreasonable.

Thing is, Nigerians can't even change their attitudes and the worst part of it is, the useless people trying to preach some useless "change begins with me" nonsense, are far worse than the masses they're preaching to.

If I may say, haven't you noticed that good people hardly make it far in life in this country? Especially in government run organizations. If you get in there and try to serve ethically and morally, you'll never get far. Even in many private establishments, nepotism reigns and the gossips/eye service types almost always gets the top positions.

It will take God's intervention to make Nigerians desist from their bad ways.

1 Like

Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by mema900: 6:34am On Oct 05, 2016
...I truly think this is worth sharing!

Here's a thought provoking suggestion to the government of our great country Nigeria

*A senator earns N36,000,000 monthly*.
If this is divided into two, he collects N18,000,000 and the balance *N18,000,000 can be used to employ 200 Nigerians who will earn N90,000 per month.*

200 persons multiplied by 109 senators = *21800 employees*.

This means that 200 Nigerians can live comfortably on half of a senator's
monthly pay.

*A member of the Federal House of Reps. earns N25,000,000 per month.*
If this is divided into two, the 'Honourable'
earns N12.5million per month. The balance *N12.5million will employ 135 Nigerians who will earn N92,500 per month*.

135 Nigerians multiplied by 360 Honourables in the Federal house of Reps. = *48600 employees*.
135 Nigerians can comfortably live on half of a monthly income of just ONE Honourable member of Reps.

*This administration can actually EMPLOY 70,400* *Nigerians who will earn N90,000 and N92,500 respectively _just from the simple REDUCTION of the monthly income of both Senators and Rep members_!!*
Do the maths....

Now it's your responsibility to forward to others...
*CHANGE should begin with the NASS!*

*GOD BLESS NIGERIA*
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Fresia01(f): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2016
Ogbakolo:

are you a foolish woman government that is fighting corruption and preaching change of altitudes the same government to steal this government is the most stupid since the inception of this country
this is d attitude I'm talking about...calling names without valid point to prove otherwise...
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by blackboy2star(m): 7:09am On Oct 05, 2016
Have you been raped before without condom? That's what happened to Akin Fadeyi. It won't happen to you in JESUS name

Fresia01:
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by XtrmeBachelor(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2016
Stole initiatives,stolen speech,stolen funds all linked to corruption!so who's fighting who corruption or buhari administration I don't understand anymore! FG should get realistic plz and stop deceiving themselves
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Realist2: 7:51am On Oct 05, 2016
NextGovernor:
Can anything good come from APC?

Never !.
Buhari and APC are despotic, vendettive, and propagandists - dignified and focused couple with the intellectual inadequacy and deficiency of the pilot (buhari ), so they can't get anything right .
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by calberian: 8:50am On Oct 05, 2016
Eazybay:
I would not comment till dey tell me how much was used for the "change begins with me" FANFARE

Trust me bro, you dont want to know
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2016
This APC people just dey use expo dey pass exam. First it was Buhari plagiarizing Obama's speech, now oga Lai don go steal another person idea.
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by Charly68: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
What is this ? Coming up from Baba Babalola's chamber or is it a mistake! Whether from Lai or Lau,it has become a national anthem finish.
Re: Afe Babalola To Buhari: 'Change Begins With Me’ Is Not Lai’s Initiative by gannod(m): 4:00pm On Oct 05, 2016
rapistomenka:
Who's interested in who started the crab tagged "change begins with me."

What Nigerians are interested in is: why Buhari should display his illiteracy and laziness by sitting down to watch cartoons and waking up from there to read an Obama speech to his slaves?

This is what is called plagiarism; why should Buhari plagiarize Obama's speech? Are they age mates?

Is it not a big disgrace for an old man to imitate a small boy? Obama should be learning and aspiring to speak Hausa not Buhari learning how to speak English from Obama.

The old man has disgraced Nigeria more than all past Nigerian presidents combined!

grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: 30 Political Parties Move To Field 1 Presidential Candidate / 2023: Northern Senators, Others Upset Over Wike’s Opposition To Atiku / PSC Bows To Pressure, Removes Naja’atu From Election Duty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.