Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) (43677 Views)

Female Amputee Visits Olumo Rock For The First Time & Is Excited. Photos / A Nairalander Celebrates Independence Day At Olumo Rock / The Ancient Paved Roads Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by fpeter(f): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2016
Olorunjuwon:
wao.... good job guy...more power to your elbow....

You're a good learner.

4 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by allanphash7(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Thumb up Op

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
the 1st stage has 122 steps and not 22

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Phi001(m): 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
OP you resemble them sha...
Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by petersky: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Yoruba and fake history

1 Like

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Kaysalas(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2016
nice one, i visited in 2007 as well, your very last pic reminds me of the one i took at that same spot. so lovely. but why did you not take a pic at the very tip of the Oluma rock, abi you nor get liver ni?

3 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Sirnonye: 9:46am On Oct 05, 2016
cool images

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by cyberpelumy(m): 9:48am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:
Being there once *1993* .... its alway scary to see all those traditional religious people walking round the streets freely, some with shoes and some without shoes, I wish they will abolish ther idols and give way to Islam..
Was just thinking on how to raise true jihadist to invade some yoruba lands that still worship idols to liberate them so that their next generation will not have the excuse to blame anyone.,.
It's going to start with aggressive Da'wah then to mopping-up those who are not ready to give up their idols so that they won't corrupt the minds of others later in the future again...

No, that is nt d true spirit of Jihad, call them to Islam gently and with d best of manner, if they do not heed, leave them gently for Allah to judge them, never u raise a finger against someone for the sake of converting them, speak to them nd pray for Allah's guidance for them, it rests with Allah to guide them if he wish, remember 'for you is your religion and for me is mine' peace brother

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Unimaginable123: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2016
Been to olumo rock. The war time hideout is the best. Followed by the aerial view of abeokuta

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Unimaginable123: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:
Being there once *1993* .... its alway scary to see all those traditional religious people walking round the streets freely, some with shoes and some without shoes, I wish they will abolish ther idols and give way to Islam..
Was just thinking on how to raise true jihadist to invade some yoruba lands that still worship idols to liberate them so that their next generation will not have the excuse to blame anyone.,.
It's going to start with aggressive Da'wah then to mopping-up those who are not ready to give up their idols so that they won't corrupt the minds of others later in the future again...
shame on you

9 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Jerryojozy(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2016
The race is personal. Dont care abt his decision..

1 Like

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by enigma2007(m): 9:59am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

I think bump dey ur head... angry

12 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by darocha1: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

how are you different from boko haram.
check your dictionary for the word TOLERANCE

13 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Whizkeey(m): 10:00am On Oct 05, 2016
Olumo rock assin olumo rock
Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by ManMountain(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2016
My city, my place of birth.
God bless all Egbas home and in diaspora

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Ajusshi: 10:04am On Oct 05, 2016
Ritualist alert! NEVER, i repeat NEVER EVER tell anyone in Ogun State that you are new to the state. If you do, there 99% you will end up being killed for rituals. Don't say you weren't told..

3 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by ManMountain(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2016
petersky:
Yoruba and fake history

Ibo

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Mikehell(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

Na like dis Osama take start ooo....... painting Islam as forceful religion is a big sin...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by kagel: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

YOUR JIHAD IS VERY DANGERIOUS AND ARRONGATE WAY OF BRINGING PEOPLE TO GOD,
CHRISTIANITY IS THE BEST WAY WHERE YOU PRECHE TO PEOPLE TO REPENT, AND NOT BY FORCE, HELL IS MENT FOR THE DISOBIDENT ONE, BUT WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE TERMINATING THEIR LIVES BECAUSE YOU TO WANT TO BRING THEM TO GOD IS PURE MEANIGNLESS.
YOUR JIHADIST WILL KILL THEM AND SENT THEM TO HELL, INSTEAD OF PRYING FOR THE SALVATION OF THEIR SOULS, BY READING THE WORD OF GOD, TELLING THEM HOW GOD LOVE THEM BY MAKING HIS SON JESUS CHRIST TO DIE AND RESURATED ON THE THIRD DAY AND HE IS COMING AGAIN TO JUDGE THE LIVING AND THE DEATH, ANY ONE THAT DID NOT KNOW GOD WILL HAVE ENTERNAL DEATH AND THOSE THAT ACCEPT GOD THROUGH THE SON JESUS CHRIST WILL HAVE ENTERNAL LIFE .

YOU THAT KILLS WILL GO TO HELL TOO. =SO REPENT OUT OF YOUR JIHAD WAY OF WINNING SOULS TO

5 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by tellwisdom: 10:08am On Oct 05, 2016
How this wan go take put beer for my table?.Foolish Op angry
Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by aylagos(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2016
mccoy47:
Olumo rock? But it's just a rock! angry
What's so special?
children of hate and flaties everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by lmbnicegirl(f): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2016
well done, OBALORLA.

3 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by anonimi: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2016
@ OP,

Nice adventure and virtual historical excursion for those who cannot visit yet.
Please post your Centenary Hall story also and please mention me when you do.
I particularly like your picture by the grave, which should go in its own way to reduce our fear of the unknown and superstition that holds us down in Africa from exploring and questioning everything for rational answers.
Kudos bro!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160988_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4160987_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4316515_sdc195011_jpegba0309d162a1c77554b3c4eecb8d7ee5

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Adeoba10(m): 10:13am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:
Good idea.... We should follow how ur mumu pastor went to invade shrine at Ketu, and was strucked by Nairaland thunder.

4 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by AffordableAutos: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2016
Lovely write up bro

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by anonimi: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Laredojohn(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2016
Nice one..plan to visit there soon too...

2 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by anonimi: 10:20am On Oct 05, 2016
cyberpelumy:
No, that is nt d true spirit of Jihad, call them to Islam gently and with d best of manner, if they do not heed, leave them gently for Allah to judge them, never u raise a finger against someone for the sake of converting them, speak to them nd pray for Allah's guidance for them, it rests with Allah to guide them if he wish, remember 'for you is your religion and for me is mine' peace brother

Thank you sir.
May you be richly blessed for your wisdom- Amen!
May our tribe of similarly wise people never diminish.- Amen!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3304018_image_jpeg_jpeg6f95b5e7a24ad4fc0808d6698fd37362

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by anonimi: 10:22am On Oct 05, 2016
petersky:
Yoruba and fake history

Thankfully we have a fake HISTORY.
Abeg wey ya own fake history
Abeg no let bad belle kill you oh!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3260732_epainamwell_jpeg5b30c340a8c240ec00e73979315ae7f1

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by hustla(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

You're very brain dead
Sorry to say

Didinrin nie

3 Likes

Re: Olumo Rock: What No One Told You About Th Ancient Rock (pics) by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 05, 2016
MicroBox:

Alfa Micrbox. That's what I call breech of public spaces. Why will you want to invade the place. Then disturb you. Please mind your business before you start what you may not finish. My 1cent

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

100 Cars Pile-Up, Kill 5, Injure And Trap Many On Texas Highway (Pics) / Beautiful Photos And Video Of Elegushi Beach At Night / 2 ABSU Students, Others Feared Dead In A Ghastly Accident In Ore (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.