Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

"99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali (11418 Views)

List Of Senators That Mandated Customs Boss, Hammed Ali To Reappear In Uniform / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos / Fayose Is Not Fit To Be Anybody’s VP – Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by vengertime: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Liars because they didn't pay duty, doesn't mean that the rice is fake. Custom go sleep.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by boriswole: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2016
saintkel:
Hehehehehe Nigerians won't hear, but come to think of it, y will local rice be expensive n u expect people to go for it?. A bag of thailand rice is 18000 while Labana rice produced in Kebbi goes for 17000k. D difference aint much

Yes. Keep eating Thailand rice and continue complaining about the value of the naira.

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Inspectahdeck(m): 7:41am On Oct 05, 2016
We are our problem in this country.

Too much greed, from the custom officials collecting bribe, to the smugglers of dangerous products, to the buyers of cheap products.

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Agimor(m): 7:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Dumping site
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by saintkel(m): 7:47am On Oct 05, 2016
boriswole:

Yes. Keep eating Thailand rice and continue complaining about the value of the naira.
Bros I dnt eat thailand rice, medically its even wrong, so says my dad's doc. I happen to work where its bin sold daily
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2016
I think the NCS should be supported in this regard. The govt owes no one apology for ensuring the health and safety of her citizens. Aside the health aspect, so much revenue is lost due to the activities of these smugglers. As the NCS boss acknowledged, the bad eggs in NCS should be booted out for effective operations. any individuals who want to import should do so through the appropriate channels. After all is not as if these smugglers will give anyone the rice at a lesser price, that is after evading the necessary duty payments and offering unsure quality of products.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by luckyz4rea(m): 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
I can't even believe that our customs will have the mouth to come out and make such a statement!

Do these people really know their work?
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by justmenoni: 7:52am On Oct 05, 2016
psucc:
When I said that the sufferings and hunger in Nigeria is deliberately induced people take me for an enemy.

We've been eating this rice since before the amalgamation and didn't die until it takes Buhari or the illiterate Ali to discover it.

Now the number if people dying from hunger is more than those dying from the 'poison' rice. Who is fooling who?

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Etizz: 7:55am On Oct 05, 2016
give us make we eat am, den u go know say disease nor dey kill African man...... lol
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by pricipal2003(m): 8:14am On Oct 05, 2016
Tell us what NAFDAC found to be wrong with such rice or keep shut forever. What nonsense!
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Mrjo(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2016
timeman:
Take a look at those wailers' comments above & tell me if wailers are not a cuss to this country. The shambolic act of smuggling is utterly pathetic such that they would cover up rice in anything unsavoury just to evade arrests at the detriment of Nigerians. Our local rice are good enough for us , a good number are stone free. Stupid wailers, crying wailers, crazy wailers.
Obey the truth!
chai! I'm weeping for u
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by 989900: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2016
SMH @ commenters.
It is a big pity.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Mrjo(m): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2016
zikter:
I think the NCS should be supported in this regard. The govt owes no one apology for ensuring the health and safety of her citizens. Aside the health aspect, so much revenue is lost due to the activities of these smugglers. As the NCS boss acknowledged, the bad eggs in NCS should be booted out for effective operations. any individuals who want to import should do so through the appropriate channels. After all is not as if these smugglers will give anyone the rice at a lesser price, that is after evading the necessary duty payments and offering unsure quality of products.
ar u ok?
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 8:28am On Oct 05, 2016
Rice shocked a process food that goes through boiling method after boiling you filter,rinse and per-boil again to make it dry cheesy,I wonder how it will still kill after going thru all that,the only Probs is let Nigerians wake up,i'am tired of these Morons in govtmt undecided

2 Likes

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by bettercreature(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
Just look at those comments then u know were our problem as a nation is
Lol i know where you are going but just imagine if Buhari give you licence to be among only 5 people to be importing rice into the country,won't you become a billionair within 10 days? That is what they called monopoly
This system only favour the rich and we must not allow that
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by IYANGBALI: 8:36am On Oct 05, 2016
We go manage am like dat,half pof pof is better than non
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by bashydemy1: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
But, it's good to share it among yourselves when impounded for your family & friend's consumption??
Well maybe we should open the border for smugglers right? and they will smuggle arms in place of rice and we won;t even know..
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 05, 2016
I hope it is fit for goat consumption at least. So make I use am feed my goats then eat the goat. grin grin grin

That way everybody is safe.

Yeye Ali. See him face like my goat last pikin. grin

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mapet: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2016
Pavore9:
“We have strong evidence linking some reputable importers to cases of re-bagging expired rice to prolong their shelve life,’’ he added...

This is the most unfortunate part. We need to establish a clearer link between growing health issues (tumour, cancer etc) and the consumption of these processed imported foods.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mrvitalis(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2016
bettercreature:
Lol i know where you are going but just imagine if Buhari give you licence to be among only 5 people to be importing rice into the country,won't you become a billionair within 10 days? That is what they called monopoly
This system only favour the rich and we must not allow that
If u don't have money to import from the sea.. please look for other businesses thats the fact... If u import through our ports no one will stop u
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mapet: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2016
columbus007:
Rice shocked a process food that goes through boiling method after boiling you filter,rinse and per-boil again to make it dry cheesy,I wonder how it will still kill after going thru all that,the only Probs is let Nigerians wake up,i'am tired of these Morons in govtmt undecided

Ironic!!!! You demonstrated so much crass ignorance with your statements here, yet talk about morons in govt. I think it is better to seek better understanding before accussing govt of being moronic.

Boiling contaminated rice does not make it safe
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mapet: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2016
My only concern is that I hope this "unsafe" rice when seized, are not the ones sent to IDP camps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by gbomojomo(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2016
THANK GOD I AM AMONG THOSE EATING THE 1% THAT IS GOOD FOR CONSUMPTION
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by zikter(m): 9:29am On Oct 05, 2016
Mrjo:
ar u ok?
if you dont have anything reasonable to say, do not quote me pls. if you have a contrary opinion, present it in a way we can intelligently debate and learn from it. and not this garage or bus stop question you are asking me.
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by bettercreature(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

If u don't have money to import from the sea.. please look for other businesses thats the fact... If u import through our ports no one will stop u
You are not enlightened and wont allow people to rest.Do you think those who smuggle it doesnt have money to import it through the sea?it's monopolized! only few people are allowed to import it
Apply for SONCAP to import rice then see if they will ever issue it

3 Likes

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Pavore9: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2016
mapet:

This is the most unfortunate part. We need to establish a clearer link between growing health issues (tumour, cancer etc) and the consumption of these processed imported foods.

Unfortunately, many are less bothered about health issues when it comes to food! angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Bucacious: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Oya now,u ppl should keep eating the rice.keep eating the smuggled rotten frozen chicken from Cotonou.drink the so called vegetable oil if u like.if we continue like this how do we expect our economy to thrive.we are all waiting for one magic abi.na here all of us go dey. I watch zee world and I see the type of rice most so called middle class family eat. Archana's mother in sacred ties hand pick the rice she cooks.its local rice but the same India export rice to Nigeria that has been in their silos for ages.our own importers buy sell to us obviously after bagging and putting the expiry date they like.if imported rice is 18k and labana rice is 17k wat stops us from eating our own improved and destined rice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by chrisxxx(m): 9:44am On Oct 05, 2016
Can u see the effects of eating smuggled rice? The customs boss ate seized smuggled rice and that is why he reasoning this way and saying this.
Officer we know about this and fortunately we can identify the consumable 1%. So make it available.

1 Like

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by timeman: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2016
@Dreal11247, English has always been in trouble. English is an ass, what's your ass?
Kiss the truth!
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by Bucacious: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2016
One of the improvement to be done to our local rice is to make it available in every part of Nigeria. It should also be sold in small bags like 1kg or one derica so that anybody can easily afford to buy wateva quantity. I live around festac and am yet to see where they sell our local rice so am forced to buy the so called tasteless imported rice. I cook my stew with palm oil cos I don't trust those Cotonou smuggled groundnut oil brought to my neighborhood in sacks! If corrupt custom officers and their wives share the imported rice, don't u see the type of sickness with big big names that they die of? Little Wonder those in the villages live for so long cos they rarely eat junks like city people

2 Likes

Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by columbus007(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2016
mapet:

Ironic!!!! You demonstrated so much crass ignorance with your statements here, yet talk about morons in govt. I think it is better to seek better understanding before accussing govt of being moronic.

Boiling contaminated rice does not make it safe
constructive criticizm I will only adheres to,pls kindly give me proof of a place even in a given deepest of villages that rice once killed some1? Show me a place,now where's the sense that says that when a cow eat from dis particular rice raw and they won't die but when human eat from the said rice after going thru rigorous boiling and they will die due to its contamination pls how do you answer that?
Re: "99% Of Smuggled Rice Not Fit For Human Consumption" - Customs Boss, Ali by mrvitalis(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2016
bettercreature:
You are not enlightened and wont allow people to rest.Do you think those who smuggle it doesnt have money to import it through the sea?it's monopolized! only few people are allowed to import it
Apply for SONCAP to import rice then see if they will ever issue it
Bro show evidence or keep shout.. .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MURIC Blasts Kaduna Government For Labelling Shiite IMN “insurgent Group” / Obasanjo: With State Police, Amotekun Won’t Be Necessary / Hadiza Bala-usman: FG Investigates Fresh N3.6bn, $150m Non-remittances By NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.