Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe (3522 Views)

Sigh: Religion Section Has Turned To Atheists' Section! / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 5:56am On Oct 05, 2016
Tell us how did everything start.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by sokar(m): 6:06am On Oct 05, 2016
Atheists never claimed to know the origin of the universe, there are only scientific theories to the possible origin for now.

On the other hand, could you tell me the origin of God?

10 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by eyidaythedon(m): 6:14am On Oct 05, 2016
Open your broswer, and type google.com/big bang hypothesis.

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by gj22(m): 6:18am On Oct 05, 2016
In my experience from thousands of arguments, both sides have nothing concrete.

However, atheist never claimed to know them origin of the universe. The theists on the other hand do just that.

3 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 05, 2016
i don't know neither do i claim god did it

5 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 05, 2016
Even if you been told, you still wouldn't believe if you still have the religion Operating system running in your brain. But let me just make a little summary of it by just dropping points. It started like this.

First , No time no space, nothing whatsoever

Second, Nothingness is nothing but in physics Nothing can accumulate to form Energy and in turn Energy would form matter and again matter can also covert back to raw energy....According to Albert Einstein (E=MC2)

The nothingness in the early universe happened to form energy hence, in a little Atom of like a Golf ball, that was how the early universe looked like.

Third, The intensity of the energy in that ball caused it to expand by billions billions billion rate even faster than the speed of light.

Four, BAM, The bang occurred.

Five, Our universe is born but still with intense heat after about 350 years the universe began to cool off. At the point, Gases in the periodic table started to form and the very first to form was hydrogen...............

Six, Keep in mind, the birth of the Universe was the beginning of time and space. How do we physicist know the bang occur and beginning of time?

Well, just like a movie, when you watching it, you might want to rewind back to catch a glimpse of what you missed, it's same with physics in relation to the Universe.

Seven, still formation of the universe, the solar system formation occurred giving rise to all planets, Sun and other planetary bodies then a dead small planet collided with the Earth and ended up being a moon for Earth.

Eight, Earth, our home happen to be the best planet to support life, why, because it was the planet with the suitable amount of gases and forces required to support life existence, it was either in excess or too little in other planets for instance, If gravitational force was lower on earth no life and it it was higher, no life. This is best we have that has habited our existence.

Nine, Earth started cooling down after its formation 4.5billion years ago.........Atmosphere formed prior to the right amount of gases here, soon after, the cloud gathered then it rained for many years thus making Earth the only planet with water. Water would later aid the existence of life here on earth.

Ten, Earth further took shape, separating the ocean and land so vegetation started, Ocean bodies is about 70% compared to dry land which is about 30%. So we have water, dry land, vegatation but No single life, So how did life appear?

I would leave you to go research how life appear since you now have a clue of how the universe came about, if you still can't connect the ducts about Life appearance, hit me.

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by honourhim: 7:46am On Oct 05, 2016
panafrican:

What kind of stupid quetion is this? leave atheist alone and face your life
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by hopefulLandlord: 8:48am On Oct 05, 2016
honourhim:

What kind of stupid quetion is this? leave atheist alone and face your life

who is the judge of a question being stupid or not

the monicker asked a question and people are already giving answers cue you calling stupid

"Leave atheists alone and face your life"

Coming from you, The irony of that statement is huge

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by honourhim: 8:54am On Oct 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

who is the judge of a question being stupid or not

the monicker asked a question and people are already giving answers cue you calling stupid

"Leave atheists alone and face your life"

Coming from you, The irony of that statement is huge

I thought you people said you don't know as claimed below. Do U now know? I ve seen atheists severally said they dont know.

sokar:
Atheists never claimed to know the origin of the universe, there are only scientific theories to the possible origin for now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by hopefulLandlord: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2016
honourhim:

I thought you people said you don't know as claimed below. Do U now know? I ve seen atheists severally said they dont know.

is that what makes his question "stupid"?

and he should "leave atheists alone and live his life" just like you've been doing

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by honourhim: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

is that what makes his question "stupid"?

and he should "leave atheists alone and live his life" just like you've been doing

This topic has been trashed here over and over. Has he not come across any of those threads or is he just trying to spark of the argument just for the sake of it?
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by hopefulLandlord: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2016
honourhim:

This topic has been trashed here over and over. Has he not come across any of those threads or is he just trying to spark of the argument just for the sake of it?

taking a simple look at his profile, he's not active in the religion section

he most likely just thought the question up and asked it which isn't strange since we see many such threads that have been trashed before
get opened again and again

anyways, I just don't accept the question being "stupid"

cheers
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by honourhim: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

taking a simple look at his profile, he's not active in the religion section

he most likely just thought the question up and asked it which isn't strange since we see many such threads that have been trashed before
get opened again and again

anyways, I just don't accept the question being "stupid"

cheers

The question is not stupid on its own rather the motive behind it. If its out of genuine motive then let him go ahead but if its just for us to be at logger head then no point.

He may also be an undercover agent of this site whose Job is to generate traffic thru this means. They can go ahead. . That's their business.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Eddlad: 11:32am On Oct 05, 2016
sokar:

Do you think there can be any possible explanation to how the world came to be, if we precede discuss with origin?
Energy must have come from somewhere or something, but where, and where did that thing come from also and on and on....
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Weah96: 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
panafrican:

Tell me the colour of toothbrush Buhari used this morning. If you don't know then it means that he used a lorry to brush his teeth.

If you disagree that he used a lorry, or that humans cannot used vehicles to brush teeth, then you must tell me the color of toothbrush that he used.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by winner01(m): 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2016
God created the universe. How he did it, i dont know. The extent of such might, i dont know. However, I want to know more about the universe and thats why i study science.
Every discovery made, makes bigger my knowledge of the Almighty God.

As for how the Almighty God came around, I dont think He endowed us with such ability. I agree with Charles Darwin on this. Origin, 6th Ed. I'm not sure atheists really understood this man.

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by sonofluc1fer: 2:33pm On Oct 05, 2016
winner01:
God created the universe. How he did it, i dont know.
But he did it. grin grin you dont know, you cant tell, but somehow you've managed to give your ignorance a name. And ascribe all sort of magical powers to it.

But you're a Christian... Can't the Holy Spirit reveal how God did it to you? I'm sure you spoke with him this morning.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by hopefulLandlord: 2:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

But he did it. grin grin you dont know, you cant tell, but somehow you've managed to give your ignorance a name. And ascribe all sort of magical powers to it.

But you're a Christian... Can't the Holy Spirit reveal how God did it to you? I'm sure you spoke with him this morning.

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by sonofluc1fer: 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=49940296][/quote]
That winner01 can lie ehn.. God did it. My dog did it too. Dont know how, cant explain why, but I believe my dog did it. And cursed be anyone who disagrees. angry

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by sokar(m): 3:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
Eddlad:

Do you think there can be any possible explanation to how the world came to be, if we precede discuss with origin?
Energy must have come from somewhere or something, but where, and where did that thing come from also and on and on....

Good question, but that's what i love about science, even if it seems futile, they're still going to try to find an answer.

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
aaronson:
Even if you been told, you still wouldn't believe if you still have the religion Operating system running in your brain. But let me just make a little summary of it by just dropping points. It started like this.

First , No time no space, nothing whatsoever

Second, Nothingness is nothing but in physics Nothing can accumulate to form Energy and in turn Energy would form matter and again matter can also covert back to raw energy....According to Albert Einstein (E=MC2)

The nothingness in the early universe happened to form energy hence, in a little Atom of like a Golf ball, that was how the early universe looked like.

Third, The intensity of the energy in that ball caused it to expand by billions billions billion rate even faster than the speed of light.

Four, BAM, The bang occurred.

Five, Our universe is born but still with intense heat after about 350 years the universe began to cool off. At the point, Gases in the periodic table started to form and the very first to form was hydrogen...............

Six, Keep in mind, the birth of the Universe was the beginning of time and space. How do we physicist know the bang occur and beginning of time?

Well, just like a movie, when you watching it, you might want to rewind back to catch a glimpse of what you missed, it's same with physics in relation to the Universe.

Seven, still formation of the universe, the solar system formation occurred giving rise to all planets, Sun and other planetary bodies then a dead small planet collided with the Earth and ended up being a moon for Earth.

Eight, Earth, our home happen to be the best planet to support life, why, because it was the planet with the suitable amount of gases and forces required to support life existence, it was either in excess or too little in other planets for instance, If gravitational force was lower on earth no life and it it was higher, no life. This is best we have that has habited our existence.

Nine, Earth started cooling down after its formation 4.5billion years ago.........Atmosphere formed prior to the right amount of gases here, soon after, the cloud gathered then it rained for many years thus making Earth the only planet with water. Water would later aid the existence of life here on earth.

Ten, Earth further took shape, separating the ocean and land so vegetation started, Ocean bodies is about 70% compared to dry land which is about 30%. So we have water, dry land, vegatation but No single life, So how did life appear?

I would leave you to go research how life appear since you now have a clue of how the universe came about, if you still can't connect the ducts about Life appearance, hit me.

undecided.. The height of stupidity and ignorance angry....

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 12:45am On Oct 06, 2016
sokar:

Atheists are kind of funny.
How can you negate the existence of God when you even do not know where you came from and where you are heading to ? Really funny, isn't it ?
grin

Keep in mind this about God: Never created, He is the Creator. He is infinite with No origin but Himself because He is the Origin. He created the visible and the invisible.He is ONE. Also note this: after differentiating between the so called Four Forces Of Nature for years and years , physicists agree there is a Unifying Force. Does this ring the bell in your heads ? it better.

Other reading that could wise you all (atheists) up !

Genesis 1New International Version (NIV)

The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by sokar(m): 10:30am On Oct 06, 2016
panafrican:

Atheists are kind of funny.
How can you negate the existence of God when you even do not know where you came from and where you are heading to ? Really funny, isn't it ?
grin

Keep in mind this about God: Never created, He is the Creator. He is infinite with No origin but Himself because He is the Origin. He created the visible and the invisible.He is ONE. Also note this: after differentiating between the so called Four Forces Of Nature for years and years , physicists agree there is a Unifying Force. Does this ring the bell in your heads ? it better.

Other reading that could wise you all (atheists) up !

You know what's funny? you just quoted Genesis to me even when it in no way buttresses your point.

god is infinite and he is the origin is all just nonsense if there's no verifiable evidence to back it up, my mind doesn't function on faith but proof, I am basically the biblical doubting Thomas, to me god doesn't exist until he proves he exists.

If he exists and he really loves man as is claimed in the Bible then he'll do what's necessary to prevent man from suffering eternally, otherwise, it's all fiction.

2 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2016
Sokar
god is infinite and he is the origin is all just nonsense if there's no verifiable evidence to back it up, my mind doesn't function on faith but proof
More funny. Don't you know that even in science postulates exist?
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by visita: 3:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Most bizarre thing I've read in this section. I suggest you take it down before dem atheists show up or better still, show us where science postulated that God exists
panafrican:
Sokar More funny. Don't you know that even in science postulates exist?
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by taurus25(m): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
panafrican:
Sokar More funny. Don't you know that even in science postulates exist?
lol....the science that you and your village members practise right ? grin

2 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 12:07am On Oct 08, 2016
Taurus25 and visita.
There are basic postulates in science (or mathematics).
For instance:

The ruler postulate in math.

In science we have.some so called evident truths such as:
1.The 'Natural cause' postulate (assumption) that state There Are Natural Causes For Things That Happen In The World Around Us. For example Gravity .
Keep in mind despite the nice mathematical equations scientists are still unable to tell us what gravity is.

2.The Evidence Postulate: Evidence From The Natural world can be used to learn about other causes.

3.The so-called Consistency Postulate that assumes There is Consistency in the causes operating in the natural world.

All those assumptions are questionable from a Fallibilism viewpoint. Fallibilism is the part of epistemology that rejects conclusiveness in any scientific method or any belief. See http://www.philosophybasics.com/branch_fallibilism.html

You all scientists cannot even explain the nature of Light. Sometimes you say it is a particle , the next day you say it is a wave. Now to hide the confusion you are saying it is dual( both particle and wave). Get it together !
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by ifenes(m): 1:30am On Oct 08, 2016
The accepted history of the World or the Occult history of the World?

4 Likes

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Bimffo(m): 3:17am On Oct 08, 2016
The funny stuff is, You christians believe the world started like 6000 years ago. grin grin, when the world have being in existence for billion of Years.

I woulf rather believe the oduduwa story than believe that Adam and Eve story. It doesn't even add up. undecided

god of isreal, my foot!

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by Niflheim(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2016
Whenever I hear a ridiculous questions like, "Hey Atheists!!! Tell us the origin of the Universe!!!", it sounds just as ridiculous as.........................."Hey cockroach, tell me about the History of Czechoslovakia!!!"

Just as there is zero correlation between Atheism and the origin of the Universe, there is also zero correlation between cockroaches and the history of the Czechoslovakia!!! But sadly, the OP is too deluded to understand this!!!

@OP, if you want to know about fish, will you ask an entomologist? If you wanna know about diseases that affect the elderly, will you ask your local shoe maker?!!!

No wonder religious people in the church consult their priests(ignorant layman), about relationship advice!!! Always dipping their ostrich heads in the hole filled with shit, when searching for buried chocolate!!!

1 Like

Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by panafrican(m): 12:15am On Oct 11, 2016
To Niflheim
You just did some mind game without still proving the Universe was from somewhere but not created by God. Keep in mind a Theist believes in the existence of God The Creator whereas an atheist does not believe in the existence of God , thus negating anything that is inherent to God.
Re: To Atheists: Tell Us About The Origin Of The Universe by knowyaself2(m): 3:54am On Oct 11, 2016
Must everything have a beginning? We tend to apply linear time to everything. We are inclined to think this way because we live and die, sleep and wake ,etc. But it doesn't mean everything follows this pattern. The universe has no beginning. It has always existed and it will exist forever.

Further, the universe is infinite and certainly too big for any god to create. If there are any gods at all, then the universe created them and not the other way round.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians And The Foolishness Of Freewill / Lets Play "Word Association" Of NL Religion Posters / Jesus Did Not Die To Forgive You Of Your Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.