Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen (1207 Views)

I Forgot My Laptop Password / Help!! All The Icons On My Laptop Has Turned Into VLC Icon / How Much Will I Format My Laptop-dell .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by hefelove(m): 7:31am On Oct 05, 2016
My laptop was stolen yesterday, is there anyway I can trace it please help me, this is the means I have in making money through graphics designing and it has been stolen from me ,am soo hurt right now, don't have any money to buy another one, can anyone trace it for me please
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Donald3d(m): 8:01am On Oct 05, 2016
hefelove:
My laptop was stolen yesterday, is there anyway I can trace it please help me, this is the means I have in making money through graphics designing and it has been stolen from me ,am soo hurt right now, don't have any money to buy another one, can anyone trace it for me please
I feel your pain , a laptop has been stolen from me before , its going to be difficult to trace but its possible
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by hefelove(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2016
Donald3d:
I feel your pain , a laptop has been stolen from me before , its going to be difficult to trace but its possible
it's possible, how?
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Donald3d(m): 12:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
hefelove:

it's possible, how?
I haven't actually tried it , but theoretically its possible cos i brainstormed about the simplest approach without excessive/daunting coding

First you have to somehow have remote access to your PC , so i taught of the simplest and easiest ,Goggle Drive
If your goggle drive is connected and synced with your PC
You can create a simple HTML5 app with few lines of code to obtain Geo-location and send that location to your email(I dont know how conversant you are with coding)
Also create a simple command line program that would automatically launch that html5 app in the browser
Upload the files to your goggle drive , then hope and pray that Whoever stole your laptop connects to the internet
There are other methods , but this is the most basic theoretical approach i taught of.
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by hefelove(m): 1:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Donald3d:

I haven't actually tried it , but theoretically its possible cos i brainstormed about the simplest approach without excessive/daunting coding

First you have to somehow have remote access to your PC , so i taught of the simplest and easiest ,Goggle Drive
You can create a simple HTML5 app with few lines of code to obtain Geo-location and send that location to your email(I dont know how conversant you are with coding)
Also create a simple command line program that would automatically launch that html5 app in the browser
Upload the files to your goggle drive , then hope and pray that Whoever stole your laptop connects to the internet
There are other methods , but this is the most basic theoretical approach i taught of.
ok thanks
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Lexusgs430: 4:54pm On Oct 05, 2016
Donald3d:

If the hard drive is replaced nko?
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Donald3d(m): 11:41pm On Oct 05, 2016
Lexusgs430:

If the hard drive is replaced nko?
That makes it harder
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Lexusgs430: 12:56am On Oct 06, 2016
Donald3d:
That makes it harder

Harder or near enough impossible? Not unless the God's are truly smiling at the real owner and frowning at the barawo............
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by Donald3d(m): 12:58am On Oct 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Harder or near enough impossible? Not unless the God's are truly smiling at the real owner and frowning at the barawo............
I dont know what exactly or how exactly it works , but i am sure all devices including laptops have some sort of digital signature , for example IMEI in your mobile phone , i dont know about laptops and PCs however
Re: Please Help Me, My Laptop Was Stolen by hefelove(m): 9:47am On Oct 06, 2016
Lexusgs430:

LMAO

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

In Need Of Lenovo Y700 Battery / Friday Sales: Batteries,inverter, Ups, Stabilizers / How To Hide Files And Folders On Your PC And Laptop With Ease 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.