Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo (21059 Views)

Obasanjo Pays Surprise Visit To El-Rufai In Kaduna (Photo) / Buhari's Inauguration Of The Unmanned Aerial Vehicle In Kaduna (Photos) / President Buhari Arrives Kaduna To Induct TSAIGUMI Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (Phot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by ChangeIsCostant: 7:04am On Jul 13, 2017
In its continued efforts at reinforcing a culture of self-reliance, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has successfully reactivated 2 Mugin Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) for the training of UAV student operators at its 401 Flying Training School (FTS) Kaduna. The repairs on the UAVs were carried out by the Air Force Research and Development Centre (AFRDC).

The 2 Mugin trainer UAVs became unserviceable about 7 months ago due to inadequate spares and components thereby putting a temporary stop to the ab-initio training of UAV student operators. With the successful reactivation and modification of the Mugin UAVs, the ab-initio training of UAV student operators has resumed in earnest.

Speaking yesterday at the flagging off ceremony for the resumption of UAV flying training in Kaduna, the Chief of Logistics, Air Vice Marshal Sambo Usman, who represented the Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, stated that the reactivation of the trainer UAVs would ensure uninterrupted UAV flying training by the NAF. According to him, the NAF had in the past sought for training slots abroad for the training of its UAV operators without any success thus compelling it to look inwards.

The AFRDC was then tasked to select and train UAV operators for the NAF. Since the commencement of the in-house UAV flying training, 9 officers have been trained and subsequently deployed for operational duties. The officers have since then been contributing immensely to the ongoing counterinsurgency operations in the North East, conducting both combat and non-combat Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions.

In a related development, a DO-228 light transport aircraft, NAF 027, which underwent in-country Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM), was also handed over to the NAF today. The reactivation was carried out by Messrs DANA Limited in collaboration with NAF technicians. The local reactivation of both the Mugin UAVs and the DO-228 aircraft resulted in huge cost savings aside from the added value of further building the technical capacity of NAF personnel.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/07/naf-locally-reactivates-trainer-uavs-dornier-228-aircraft.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by ChangeIsCostant: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2017

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by ChangeIsCostant: 7:05am On Jul 13, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by sarrki(m): 7:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Best among his peers

Sadiq weldone

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by YourImaginaryBF: 7:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Garin kd
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by nrexzy: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2017
Who is sleeping
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Okoroawusa: 7:18am On Jul 13, 2017
I love this APC govt.everybody is now looking inward.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Luciferdevil(m): 7:20am On Jul 13, 2017
To the guy above me nothing is working inward, Apc has failed the people nd care is not taken, the vegetable nd his semi-pastor are living Aso Rock come 2019.

15 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Khd95(m): 7:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Okoroawusa:
wee you keep kwayet,Nigerians are looking outward towards London.

APC is a failed party nothing is working

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by ANIEXTY(m): 7:28am On Jul 13, 2017
Okoroawusa:

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Goahead(m): 7:39am On Jul 13, 2017
Bullshit.... I came here hoping it was locally made undecided undecided

What a fuckery!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by talk2riel: 7:49am On Jul 13, 2017
Goahead:
Bullshit.... I came here hoping it was locally made undecided undecided

What a fuckery!!
it was locally assembled.

what a mockery of a government. they even invited one albino to cut ribbon on top refurbished kite.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by theSpark(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2017
Isn't that the Gulma drone? It was supposedly built in Nigeria some years back I wonder why repairing it in Nigeria would be news.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Adminisher: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2017
Khd95:

To the guy above me, APC has done with so little what PDP could not do in their 16 years of waste and looting. In the defence area, Nigeria has spent only a fraction of the amount stolen during dumbo's regime to acquire 3 times more capability. The only problem with the APC administration is the recession caused by oil price fall and bombing of oil facilities

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by KahlDrogo(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2017
God bless Buratai and Obiano. smiley

I don't care about the UAV. grin

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Caustics: 11:03am On Jul 13, 2017
Luciferdevil:
To the guy above me nothing is working inward, Apc has failed the people nd care is not taken, the vegetable nd his semi-pastor are living Aso Rock come 2019.
sad bruv please brush up your grammar

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2017
I found myself commenting on almost every post today... I don't know what's wrong.

just got new meme pics @ the 5th picture.

*oh no! De-fck-givers just fly off the planet*

*oh no¡ NCAN ARE HERE*

*APC haters expecting Buhari dead bodies like*

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:04am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by SalamRushdie: 11:04am On Jul 13, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Another senseless post from a myopic thought process

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by PissedOffWeed(m): 11:05am On Jul 13, 2017
The handwriting on the wall is getting clearer.......
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by cardoctor(m): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
Nice pics
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by SplendidE(f): 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
just want to book space nothing more.
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 13, 2017
What rubbish is this?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Kingdollar28(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2017
grin last to comment
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by bkool7(m): 11:07am On Jul 13, 2017
Khd95:

If Buhari us not looking inward , thats his biz
But , nigerians have chosen to
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by burkingx(f): 11:08am On Jul 13, 2017
cheesy
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by cristianisraeli: 11:09am On Jul 13, 2017
why cant this UAV blah blah blah be moved to the south
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 13, 2017
AND A WHITE MAN IS THERE

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by bkool7(m): 11:10am On Jul 13, 2017
talk2riel:

it was locally assembled.

what a mockery of a government. they even invited one albino to cut ribbon on top refurbished kite.

Bad belle is "aloud"

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by bbbabes(f): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2017
So cute, just like me
Re: Nigerian Air Force Locally Reactivates Unmanned Aerial Vehicles In Kaduna. Photo by Ngasky(m): 11:12am On Jul 13, 2017
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

NBA Directs Lawyers To Boycott Court In Protest Of Onnoghen Removal / Sowore And Olawale Bakare Fail To Meet Bail Conditions / Troops Arrest Two ‘IPOB Fighters’, Recover IED Making Materials In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.