Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

New Testament Verse Christians Ignore - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Testament Verse Christians Ignore (2929 Views)

Do Most Christians Ignore Jesus' Advice To Not Pray In Public? / ‘it’s Foolish For Pastors To Ignore Police Protection’ / The God Of Old Testament And That Of New Testament Cannot Be The Same (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 7:20pm On Oct 06, 2016
Christianity[note 1] is an Abrahamicmonotheistic[1 religion based on the life andteachings of Jesus Christ. It is the world's largest religion,[2][3] with over 2.4 billion followers,[4][5][6][note 2] or 32% of the global population, known as Christians.[note 3]

PastorAIO:

I thought Christianity was not a religion too. What was it again? A relationship with god, I believe.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 7:22pm On Oct 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
Mark 1 is not the same thing as Mark 5 and the leprous man in Mark 1 is not the same as the demoniac in Mark 5. Besides, secretive and Jesus bid him to go testify??

Did he also wanted to be A deciple or A Christian?

And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.

19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Mark 5:18-20

There!That settles it.

Are u getting Confused? i told u they where two different account u event ahead to prove my point! The next is John Which had a different story entirely! So u setelled noting. grin

The records are there to verify from. Was the rich, young ruler commanded to do what the healed demoniac was asked to do?

Did he wanted to be a deciple or A Christian?

How many of the 'most' do you know inside out?

What is the % of that most to ALL?

90%?

This is why I didnt mention any contemporary names in the previous reply. I am not here to praise or denigrate any pastor. God is the Judge.
Haha funny
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:

Christianity[note 1] is an Abrahamicmonotheistic[1 religion based on the life andteachings of Jesus Christ. It is the world's largest religion,[2][3] with over 2.4 billion followers,[4][5][6][note 2] or 32% of the global population, known as Christians.[note 3]

Lwkmd i guess u need to stick to this Section and see How confused u Christians are
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2016
You wish...

eL Oh eL[quote author=EyeHateGod post=49975284][/quote]
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 7:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:

Okay, so you believe that it is a religion unlike some others who call themselves christians. As it happens I agree with you. Carry go.

What do you say to the argument put forward by some on the forum that Atheism ( or at least the latest atheist movement) is also a religion?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
Amberon:
You wish...
eL Oh eL

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 7:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
religion

rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/

noun

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

In my opinion, anyone who mistakes atheism for a religion is confused because the bedrock of every religion is a belief in a higher power and the supernatural. So atheism doesn't and cannot fall under religion.

PastorAIO:

Okay, so you believe that it is a religion unlike some others who call themselves christians. As it happens I agree with you. Carry go.

What do you say to the argument put forward by some on the forum that Atheism ( or at least the latest atheist movement) is also a religion?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 7:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
grin[quote author=EyeHateGod post=49977316][/quote]
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by malvisguy212: 10:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Scholar8200:
Mark 1 is not the same thing as Mark 5 and the leprous man in Mark 1 is not the same as the demoniac in Mark 5. Besides, secretive and Jesus bid him to go testify??

[size=18pt]And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.

19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Mark 5:18-20
[/size]

There!That settles it.

The records are there to verify from. Was the rich, young ruler commanded to do what the healed demoniac was asked to do?

How many of the 'most' do you know inside out?

What is the % of that most to ALL?

This is why I didnt mention any contemporary names in the previous reply. I am not here to praise or denigrate any pastor. God is the Judge.

The chapters 11, 12 & 14 dealt with conduct of public worship. Go read them.

Because it is better you read them. Since you could select all those verses in the Op, then apply the same diligence here.

I answered you as it concerns the meaning of the passage and its context QED.

??

perfect bro, the people you are teaching, their heart has turn cold, NO matter what you say, they will find fault, your first post has already debunk this thread, his opinion don't count. God bless you my good friend.

2 Likes

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 12:37am On Oct 07, 2016
What would you call Buddhism?

Amberon:

religion

rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/

noun

the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

In my opinion, anyone who mistakes atheism for a religion is confused because the bedrock of every religion is a belief in a higher power and the supernatural. So atheism doesn't and cannot fall under religion.

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by DarkRed(m): 2:41am On Oct 07, 2016
Na you get eye pass...the first verse meant forsook as in not to make your earthly possessions your first priority.

Your second verses was a test to the rich young man to see if he has forsaken wealth...

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 4:29am On Oct 07, 2016
In Buddhism there are beliefs, traditions, rituals and spiritual practices. Buddhism is a religion.

PastorAIO:
What would you call Buddhism?

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Scholar8200(m): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2016
malvisguy212:
perfect bro, the people you are teaching, their heart has turn cold, NO matter what you say, they will find fault, your first post has already debunk this thread, his opinion don't count. God bless you my good friend.
Amen, thanks a lot bro.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2016
Amberon:

religion

rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/

noun

Amberon:
In Buddhism there are beliefs, traditions, rituals and spiritual practices. Buddhism is a religion.

Please sir, if you compare your definition of Religion to your description of Buddhism you will see that they do not tally. Unless you want to admit that your definition is not comprehensive.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Amberon: 9:14am On Oct 07, 2016
That's a dictionary definition I gave you and that definitely isn't encompassing. Buddhism is a religion and you can visit Wikipedia or any other known reputable site for verification. Atheism is not a religion.
PastorAIO:

Please sir, if you compare your definition of Religion to your description of Buddhism you will see that they do not tally. Unless you want to admit that your definition is not comprehensive.
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 10:15am On Oct 07, 2016
Amberon:
That's a dictionary definition I gave you and that definitely isn't encompassing. Buddhism is a religion and you can visit Wikipedia or any other known reputable site for verification. Atheism is not a religion.
Amberon:

religion

rɪˈlɪdʒ(ə)n/

noun

Yes, I was aware that it was a dictionary definition, one that I didn't agree with, but I decided not to bother with going down that avenue of arguing about definitions. I asked you for your opinion and you produced a (not the) dictionary definition. Perhaps I was being too presumptious but I did presume that you presented it as an answer to what your opinion was because your opinion did tally with the dictionary opinion.
Why else would you supply that dictionary definition?

Some other words whose definitions might be worth considering would include Supernatural, or higher power.

After extensive discussions with numerous people I've come to the conclusion that these terms are nonsensical when most people use them.
In other words I'm saying that your definition of religion is not sound.

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by PastorAIO: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Amberon:
Atheism is not a religion so why is your thread in the religious section sir? You should get out cuz this is the religious section. This should be in the comic section.

There are differences between Christianity and religion, Many are GOING TO CHURCH but few are GOING DOWN THE ROAD WHICH LEADS TO LIFE. Many are RELIGIOUS but few are RIGHT WITH GOD.

Religion is DOING while Christianity is DONE. When Jesus cried on the cross, "it is finished" The work of our salvation was FINISHED, DONE, ACCOMPLISHED and COMPLETED. A religious man may be likened as a man who try to swim from river kaduna to niger by his own strength, he will never make it. But the man who is save by faith is likened to be a man who get on a ship, hoping it will take him to his destination. This man simply rests upon the ship and lets the ship do all the work.

THIS ARE THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN RELIGION AND CHRISTIANITY.
1. RELIGION: "Salvation is something I must do. I must somehow earn or gain salvation by the way I live."

CHRISTIANITY: "Salvation is something only God can do. Salvation is of the LORD!" (Eph. 2:8-9).

2. RELIGION: Religion is summed up in one word: DO--man trying to DO different things to please God and earn His favor.

CHRISTIANITY: Christianity is summed up in one word; DONE--Christ dying on the cross to save sinful man (John 19:30).

3. RELIGION: The religious man is busy
"working" (doing good works) in order to
be saved.

CHRISTIANITY: The saved person is "not working" (Rom. 4:5) but is RESTING upon the finished work of Another. Although he must beware (1 peter 5:cool

4. RELIGION: RELIGION is man trying to BRING HIMSELF TO GOD (by human effort, good works, ritualism, traditionalism, sacraments, etc.).

CHRISTIANITY: CHRISTIANITY is Christ BRINGING US TO GOD on the basis of what He did for us on the cross, NOT by our own effort. (1 Peter 3:18).

5. RELIGION: Man trying to please God in the wrong way (Rom. 8:8--"So then they that are in the FLESH cannot please God"wink.

CHRISTIANITY: Man truly pleasing God in the only way (Hebrews 11:6--"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him"wink.

6. RELIGION: The religious man is seeking to establish his own righteousness by ignoring the way of the righteousness of God (Rom. 10:3).

CHRISTIANITY: The saved man is satisfied with the perfect righteousness of Jesus Christ (2 Cor. 5:21).

7.RELIGION: Religion is pictured in Genesis 3 by the fig leaves that Adam and Eve made for themselves--a terrible covering (Gen. 3:7).

CHRISTIANITY: Salvation is pictured in Genesis 3 by the coats of skin which God provided by way of the shedding of BLOOD--a perfect covering (Gen. 3:21).

https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

This is just one example of the gazillions of threads and posts that claim that christianity is not a religion but they insist on posting on the religion section. Perhaps you could jump on their thread and tell them that this is not the section for them.

@Malvisguy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by EyeHateGod: 8:55am On Oct 09, 2016
PastorAIO:

https://www.nairaland.com/2914410/difference-between-religion-christianity

This is just one example of the gazillions of threads and posts that claim that christianity is not a religion but they insist on posting on the religion section. Perhaps you could jump on their thread and tell them that this is not the section for them.

@Malvisguy
[size=20pt]Christians and Confusions [/size]

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by hopefulLandlord: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2016
EyeHateGod:
[size=20pt]Christians and Confusions [/size]
lol
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by lifelove: 1:27am On Oct 17, 2016
i found a lot of information about the connection between Jerusalem and Christian, the old testament and bible here http://messianicmarket.com/also the messianic religion,
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by HardMirror(m): 5:46am On Oct 17, 2016
winner01:
And because i may not, God does not exist undecided.

I dont really have the time, have a goodd day.
You that believes god exists, why are you not obeying him?
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by CAPSLOCKED: 6:42am On Oct 17, 2016
Lennycool:

Nobody is talking about the existence of God, you believe in him and I don't. I don't believe in Jesus so I don't follow his teachings, you believe in Christ but still don't follow all his teachings. You only pick the ones you can follow, and ignore the rest.

grin

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

grin
Guy leave them. Jesus's teachings is now 'bendan select' if its too hard forget it, if its easy then do it to the best of your ability.

1 Like

Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by hopefulLandlord: 9:52am On Dec 15, 2016
they keep ignoring those verses
Re: New Testament Verse Christians Ignore by hopefulLandlord: 3:05am On Jan 17, 2017
^cuz they have no other choice

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Committed Suicide – Twitter User / Atheists,pastors,kobojunk I have a Deep Question Yet UnSolved( Pics) / What Is Intellect? Ona Kan O Wo Oja!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.