Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. (5633 Views)

Shahida Sanusi Represents Emir Sanusi At BBOG 1st Annual Lecture / Toyin Saraki Represents Her Father At Ecobank's Board Meeting (Photo) / Burial Of Abu Ali, And Other Soldiers, COAS, Buratai Represents Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by orimsamsam(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2016
A7:

If nobody speaks Hausa in Kwara why did your governor nicknamed himself Mai gida? A hausa word meaning "Owner of the house" or "Oga".

It doesn't stop there, since you said he's Nupe, and Yoruba and Nupe are the major languages spoken in Kwara, what prevented him from coining from Yoruba or Nupe the word Maigida?

First photo is from the gov's website:

http://www.drabdulfatahahmed.com/governor-abdulfatah-ahmed-reassures-on-security-ahead-of-elections/

Second photo from , Bukola, Gov Ahmed and numerous others putting on a shirt inscribed with Sai Maigida

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/05/in-pictures-buhari-atiku-saraki-and-the-apc-change-glasses/
do u even knw the local government the governor came from. He is from ifelodun local government. Guess ifelodun is an Igbo or ijaw name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2016
A7:

If nobody speaks Hausa in Kwara why did your governor nicknamed himself Mai gida? A hausa word meaning "Owner of the house" or "Oga".

It doesn't stop there, since you said he's Nupe, and Yoruba and Nupe are the major languages spoken in Kwara, what prevented him from coining from Yoruba or Nupe the word Maigida?

http://www.drabdulfatahahmed.com/governor-abdulfatah-ahmed-reassures-on-security-ahead-of-elections/

Second photo from , Bukola, Gov Ahmed and numerous others putting on a shirt inscribed with Sai Maigida

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/11/05/in-pictures-buhari-atiku-saraki-and-the-apc-change-glasses/
I guess u r a bush boy dat doesn't travel out..ask any of ur brothers that does and is in kwara they will tell you about kwara...state..u can also make use of google.com

1. Isn't not ur igbo brothers that said saraki is not a yoruba name in a thread? search d name on facebook & twitter if it will not come with only yoruba people. grin

2. Isn't ur people dat says lagos is not yorubaland even when Obas occupied all d towns? is only a matter of time u shall all see. I'm rest assured it will never become biafraland even in 50000yrs to come grin

3.Arent u people that claims d ijebus are not yorubas?

4.Is it not ur people that said Olusegun Obasanjo is an igbo man?
www.nairaland.com/2702439/igwe-onyejekwe-father-obasanjo-photo/1

5. Nor be you say you dominate d businesses in d south west?

6.Nor be u wan install an Eze in yoruba lands

7. have u seen an hausa or fulani man claim d state is fulani state?

You people have useless ur tribe that ur only hope is to support ur south south and rep south south...bcuz una don damage ur region with a flat head thinking

Many of ur brothers and sisters in d S.west and East has changed their names frm igbo to yoruba to prevent discrimination and stigmatization dat u've brought on urself....and they will forever be yoruba.

Now d point is dat a yoruba Governor Is not a yoruba to you anymore..I tire 4 dis fools grin grin

I weep for all of una...

3 Likes

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2016
orimsamsam:
do u even knw the local government the governor came from. He is from ifelodun local government. Guess ifelodun is an Igbo or ijaw name
remove ijaw for there jawe...ijaws are good people...dey dont like Osu behaviour

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by walex2(m): 5:51pm On Oct 06, 2016
koladebrainiac:
This is not Hausa
Shey Hausa dey use cowries NI? No cow but goat no camel but tractor.
Make no mistake Hausa does not in any way rule Kwara state.

I am from Kwara state in Ekiti Local government. Kwara south are predominantly yorubas. Kwara state generally speaks Yoruba after English.

Yoruba language are major language then nupe or takpa n fulfude.
Nobody is Hausa in Kwara state. The only thing we have is Fulani
We call Them Fulani yoruba

And they are descendant of Zulu gambari.

The emirate is in rotation.

Last emir was Ahlaji agba a direct descendant of Afonja then this emir is a Zulu a Fulani

Bukola saraki is not even from Ilorin he is from Osun .

The present governor is not Hausa but Takpa or Nupe people.

Yoruba dominate Ilorin
I spent my primary school
Secondary school n institution in Ilorin
I was even born in Ilorin which is the state capital.

Kwara south are Yoruba which are Ofa ,oro which is Igbomina , Ekiti n oke ero

This Kwara south especially ofa has been supporting Other Yoruba state in term of politics.

Its only in Ilorin which is the capital that Fulani are popular.

During Governor Lawal who died. He attempted to depose the Emir of Ilorin n crown his dad as Oba n not as Emirate but they were not allowed.

The Fulani in Ilorin can't even speak their own language without yoruba . Yoruba language dominate all the language . The only thing is that Muslim owns Ilorin . I am a Christian n christian too are many in Ilorin. The deputy governor is a yoruba from south . they are always from south. Kwara only problem is the sarakis
After nothinfg else.

you are not hundred percent right but most of your analysis concerning kwara state were right.
Am from oke ero local govt, the same kwara south with you.

The governor of kwara state is not from nupe or takpa. Abdul Fatai Ahmed is a yoruba man from kwara south, precisely Share in ifelodun local govt.

The deputy governor is not from kwara south but from kwara north. A nupe man.

Muslim does not dominate ilorin but dominate the politics of kwara state including admission slot to all State owned institutions and even university of Ilorin. it was as a result of this discrepancy that i was unable to get Admission to Unilorin 13 yrs ago despite scoring 13 points in IJMB applying for Economics, i went to Unijos and i was taken on merit.

Most of economic activities in Ilorin are in Taiwo Road in Ilorin and offa garrage, controlling by igbos and yorubas.
most of the beautiful buildings are in GRA, Fate and Tanke and real yorubas and non indigen own them, but the emirates lives in Gaa Akanbi, Sabo, Oja and other sub villages around ilorin..

I just smile when people made bad comment here on nairaland concerning kwarans. The economic of lagos is dominated largely by igbominas, someone like late Mudashiru, Bashiru, Bode the ways etc

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by koladebrainiac(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2016
A7:

You are so mumu. Now let me ask you why did we call Tinubu Jagaban
Is Jagaban not an hausa language?

Ode buruku. Go n learn joor .

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by koladebrainiac(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2016
walex2:

you are not hundred percent right but most of your analysis concerning kwara state were right.
Am from oke ero local govt, the same kwara south with you.

The governor of kwara state is not from nupe or takpa. Abdul Fatai Ahmed is a yoruba man from kwara south, precisely Share in ifelodun local govt.

The deputy governor is not from kwara south but from kwara north. A nupe man.

Muslim does not dominate ilorin but dominate the politics of kwara state including admission slot to all State owned institutions and even university of Ilorin. it was as a result of this discrepancy that i was unable to get Admission to Unilorin 13 yrs ago despite scoring 13 points in IJMB applying for Economics, i went to Unijos and i was taken on merit.

Most of economic activities in Ilorin are in Taiwo Road in Ilorin and offa garrage, controlling by igbos and yorubas.
most of the beautiful buildings are in GRA, Fate and Tanke and real yorubas and non indigen own them, but the emirates lives in Gaa Akanbi, Sabo, Oja and other sub villages around ilorin..

I just smile when people made bad comment here on nairaland concerning kwarans. The economic of lagos is dominated largely by igbominas, someone like late Mudashiru, Bashiru, Bode the ways etc

Sorry mix dem up .
You are right.
Thanks for the correction
Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by A7(m): 9:30am On Oct 07, 2016
koladebrainiac:

You are so mumu. Now let me ask you why did we call Tinubu Jagaban
Is Jagaban not an hausa language?

Ode buruku. Go n learn joor .

Jagaban was dashed to Tinubu by an Emir, while Albulfatah Ahmed adopted the name Mai Gida on his own accord.

Not just tinubu, his wife was also given a title along with him by same Emir. Even though Tinubu has not contested for any political post thereafter but his wife was elected to the senate twice, interestingly, that Northern title is never seen on her campaign posters, her facebook publicist's page or printed on shirts for herself and her supporters.

Before the elections Muhammadu Buhari was honoured with a chieftaicy title in Igbo land(Ogbuagbu 1 of Aba), but he didn't campaign with that title in or outside Igbo land.

Kwara's governor's case is different, I asked a simple question, why is he campaigning with Hausa name that is not even a title conferred on him by any Hausa chieftain, in a suppossedly non Hausa speaking state?
Re: Kwara State Government Emblem Represents Oduduwa Or Arewa? Photo. by odogwu2007(m): 3:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
philGeo:
I am here oh.
really? grin welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some People Get N40k Palliative With No Lockdown / Bola Tinubu Spotted At Mecca With His Hands Shaking Uncontrollably (video) / Obasanjo Seeking Third Term Through Obi, Says PDP Campaign Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.