Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,045 members, 7,814,586 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! (1503 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / GTB Just Charged Me 390 Naira Per Dollar. Very Outrageous (Picture) / GTB Just Charged Him N199.5 Per Dollar Few Minutes Ago... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:13am On Oct 06, 2016
I'm aware that #4,500 is not that much but trust me, in this economic recession, every kobo counts!, hence I've decided to share this experience, so as to prevent others from falling victim.

On the 20th of September (last month), I used my GTB ATM card to withdraw #150,000 in the morning, which of course is the maximum amount I can withdraw a day. Later in the day, I needed more cash for another business. So having exhausted my ATM daily limit, I moved to the banking hall and withdraw another #500,000 across the counter, which is also the daily limit for a savings account. The next day, I got a debit alert of #4,500. So I went back to the bank for explanations, they said its 3% of the #150,000 I withdrew with my ATM.

Here are my questions begging for answers;

1. If the #150,000 I withdrew earlier in the day was supposed to affect the #500,000, why didn't they tell me that this withdrawal will attract extra charges?, so I'll decide whether I want to go ahead or not. Which is the practice in other banks.

2. When you want to withdraw more than the daily limit from the ATM, they will inform you that the daily limit has been exceeded and therefore the transaction cannot continue, so since I used fast track, why was I denied of this vital information?

3. There was a time I wanted to transfer some amount of money from this same GTB account, they told me that the maximum I could transfer was one million naira, why did they deliberately refuse to inform me this time around?

4. Isn't 3% just unreasonably too high for such charges?, Remember it could have been a bigger amount involved. Imagine 3% of ten million naira.

5. Could it be that GTB is now stealing from their customers by tricks??

Pls mods I don't know if this is the appropriate section for this thread, help move to the right section and help promote this thread so that others will understand the reasons for some of these numerous charges we see. We might be saving someone of this unnecessary stress.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by busuyem: 7:20am On Oct 06, 2016
That's terrible. Banks are now looking for every means to sustain their ass in this recession. God dey.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by otokx(m): 7:26am On Oct 06, 2016
Extortion and corruption.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 06, 2016
Those are the few exploitative ways they earn money, they take advantage of CBN policies.

These are the set of people that can't loose when you in business wiith them.

Banks
Government
Insurance
Real Estate
The Big 4

This set of people hardly loose during business transaction. So the only way to beat them is court, reporting them to the public and governing bodies and exploit their loopholes.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2016
busuyem:
That's terrible. Banks are now looking for every means to sustain their ass in this recession. God dey.

Bros its just crazy, as I was at the customer service unit asking for the meaning of the #4,500 deduction, one woman heard when the customer service agent was explaining that she's sorry about that, this woman took the matter personal, no be small thing, (she said so that's how you have been removing my own money too?), and instantly she demanded that they should print her account statement immediately......hahaha.

1 Like

Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by yomalex(m): 7:28am On Oct 06, 2016
If you feel cheated just Complain To CBN

1 Like

Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:32am On Oct 06, 2016
otokx:
Extortion and corruption.

Bros its a serious one!
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:35am On Oct 06, 2016
aaronson:
Those are the few exploitative ways they earn money, they take advantage of CBN policies.

These are the set of people that can't loose when you in business wiith them.

Banks
Government
Insurance
Real Estate
The Big 4

This set of people hardly loose during business transaction. So the only way to beat them is court, reporting them to the public and governing bodies and exploit their loopholes.

Bros these people needs to be checked.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2016
yomalex:
If you feel cheated just Complain To CBN

Ok bros thanks, I'll do that right away, I seriously feel cheated. How much did I make that they should take that amount from me?.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by motherfucker: 7:41am On Oct 06, 2016
chigodo:

Bros these people needs to be checked.
You can have your money back when you report to CBN. I had a link somewhere for this. I will get it and post it for you.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by speedyconnect3: 7:42am On Oct 06, 2016
banks dey mean o
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:46am On Oct 06, 2016
motherfucker:
You can have your money back when you report to CBN. I had a link somewhere for this. I will get it and post it for you.

Pls bros if you can send me the link I'll be so grateful.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 7:47am On Oct 06, 2016
speedyconnect3:
banks dey mean o

Bros no be small.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 06, 2016
GTB should not try that one with me oh! i will be fvcking pissed if something like that happens to me or worse angry
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2016
ItsQuinn:
GTB should not try that one with me oh! i will be fvcking pissed if something like that happens to me or worse angry

Sister, its so annoying.

1 Like

Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 06, 2016
I can imagine angry
chigodo:

Sister, its so annoying.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by sunboy(m): 8:16am On Oct 06, 2016
@Chigodo

I had same experience last week, wanted to withdraw 650k over the counter using fast track, the guy ask me to do a transfer then I ask why? I needed the cash. He was like there will be a 3% charge on the excess of 500k that's 150k.
He said it's their cashless policy thing that any cash withdrawal above 500k is discouraged.
I had to ask the person I'm paying to find an account I can pay to so I made a transfer.

The problem there is that they refused to inform the public, that's one thing I love about Diamond bank. They always treat your money as your money and you should have total control over it.

Sorry bro, the attendant no do you well at all.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by sdavirus: 8:17am On Oct 06, 2016
Lol. The teller was just a prick. Almost happened to me one, thankfully the Lady was nice enough to tell me to adjust my figures, before I withdrew. My brother, even if it is N500, it's your money, and very painful. They pray people don't know these things, so they can make illegal money, legally. shame
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by hopeforcharles(m): 8:19am On Oct 06, 2016
Then what is the best way to do transaction with them without been reaped off, this is the reason I don't so like to keep much money in the bank, the could cook up some silly order and extort money from innocent saver that's why bank to me is ff up, Mm.M pays beta
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by motherfucker: 8:47am On Oct 06, 2016
NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT HOLDERS: WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR BANK TRICKS, BULLIES OR NEGLECTS YOU
I have been meaning to write this for a while. I delayed as I felt some people;i.e., the bankers might feel bad but I have used this knowledge to help a lot of helpless friends and the menace doesn't seem to be stopping. So today I decided to share this bit.

In 2013, when a certain Bank started mobile banking, I signed up. I went to the Atm to withdraw money via mobile banking and lost #36,000. The bank debited me but the machine kinda refused to spit my money out. I made the usual reports at my branch with hope that I will get the money back in 24 hours. 24 hours turned to weeks, then months. I went to at least 5 of their branches and called customer care more than 20 times during this period to report the said matter and they kept promising to refund me.

Sadly, my account officer was a close friend and all she could tell me was that my money was in the system and no one had stolen my money. So I was supposed to chill and stop bugging her. This merry go round continued till early 2014 and I forgot about the money. Then in September 2014, I lost another #40,000 to the same new generation bank. I reported to customer care and the music went from reggae to blues then Makossa.

I was so pissed pissed at this behavior. How could the Bank hold down my #76,000 and all their staff members keep sleeping happily. Serendipitously, I came across a publication by CBN that Nigerian banks had Billions of customer money trapped in the system due to ATM dispense error but the banks have refused to pay. CBN asked banks to do everything to pay back the customers and promised severe punishment and fines to such banks. This was just the information I needed.

My journey of how to get my issue to CBN began. I found CBN customer Protection email and emailed them. Shockingly they responded the same day and asked me to send the details of my problem. "In Nigeria!!!", was my exclamation. I quickly sent them all the details of the almost 2 years transaction. My brothers and sisters in the Lord, you won't believe in 48 hours, I was credited with 76,000 from the bank with plenty Abeg and Sorry. No interest was paid though.

The system is working

2015; My next bank battle was another New Gen Bank refusing to close a particular account I had so that they could keep deducting 5,000 Naira every month. I had written to close this account because they had given me shitty service for 6months . For one month, they refused to close the account and were about to bill another 5000. The issues I had with them were plenty, no working Atm card after paying for ATM service and so on. Again, I got Angel CBN Consumer Protection involved and my account was closed promptly without the last charge they wanted to collect.
I have also helped a lot of friends with this information.

What happens when you report to CBN:

First they send an email to the the Bank contact who contacts your account officer. They also give them a deadline to do the right thing. They remind them at least 3 times before they contact the Bank's MD. If they still refuse to budge, then the next step is to fine the Bank.
Report every bad unresolved treatment to CBN. They will assist promptly.

Useful CBN contacts
Consumer Protection : Cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng
Come and testify with your offering if this solves your problem!!!
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by MrDraey(m): 10:07am On Oct 06, 2016
This is no rip-off. It's a CBN policy. Once u exceed that 500k a day on savings account, an additional withdrawer attracts 3% (on that amount u withdrew)
chigodo:
I'm aware that #4,500 is not that much but trust me, in this economic recession, every kobo counts!, hence I've decided to share this experience, so as to prevent others from falling victim.

On the 20th of September (last month), I used my GTB ATM card to withdraw #150,000 in the morning, which of course is the maximum amount I can withdraw a day. Later in the day, I needed more cash for another business. So having exhausted my ATM daily limit, I moved to the banking hall and withdraw another #500,000 across the counter, which is also the daily limit for a savings account. The next day, I got a debit alert of #4,500. So I went back to the bank for explanations, they said its 3% of the #150,000 I withdrew with my ATM.

Here are my questions begging for answers;

1. If the #150,000 I withdrew earlier in the day was supposed to affect the #500,000, why didn't they tell me that this withdrawal will attract extra charges?, so I'll decide whether I want to go ahead or not. Which is the practice in other banks.

2. When you want to withdraw more than the daily limit from the ATM, they will inform you that the daily limit has been exceeded and therefore the transaction cannot continue, so since I used fast track, why was I denied of this vital information?

3. There was a time I wanted to transfer some amount of money from this same GTB account, they told me that the maximum I could transfer was one million naira, why did they deliberately refuse to inform me this time around?

4. Isn't 3% just unreasonably too high for such charges?, Remember it could have been a bigger amount involved. Imagine 3% of ten million naira.

5. Could it be that GTB is now stealing from their customers by tricks??

Pls mods I don't know if this is the appropriate section for this thread, help move to the right section and help promote this thread so that others will understand the reasons for some of these numerous charges we see. We might be saving someone of this unnecessary stress.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by capnies: 11:00am On Oct 06, 2016
brother take heart 500000 is the maximum withdrawable in a day by individuals, so u have to be charged for the excess which is the 150000 irrespective of the source of withdrawal.

1 Like

Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by capnies: 11:04am On Oct 06, 2016
hopeforcharles:
Then what is the best way to do transaction with them without been reaped off, this is the reason I don't so like to keep much money in the bank, the could cook up some silly order and extort money from innocent saver that's why bank to me is ff up, Mm.M pays beta

if u have such big money then get a token that will allow u transfer upto 1million daily

1 Like

Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:14am On Oct 06, 2016
gtb is now becoming useless, I have moved allny funds to my access bank just last week bkos of some lost in transit money
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
gtb is now becoming useless, I have moved allny funds to my access bank just last week bkos of some lost in transit money

No be lie.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2016
MrDraey:
This is no rip-off. It's a CBN policy. Once u exceed that 500k a day on savings account, an additional withdrawer attracts 3% (on that amount u withdrew)

They should have informed me, just like Sunboy's bank did and I would have withdrawn from my account in another bank.
Re: GTB Just Ripped Me Off My #4,500, Fellow Nairalanders Pls Don't Fall Victim! by chigodo(m): 8:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Pls can someone help out with a link to report this matter to CBN.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Business Call Assistant / Quick Teller Error Response. Picture Attached / Workshop On Competing For Profitability

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.