Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries (2632 Views)

Do You Need An Internship In The Key Sectors Of Nigeria? Apply Here / Job Vacancies In Various Sectors / Top 5 Nigerian Construction Companies To Work For. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by mimilola: 4:38pm On Oct 17, 2009
Whatever your Discipline, visit: http://www.constructionjobsnigeria.com/6271.php
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by mimilola: 2:15pm On Oct 18, 2009
I hope you are all getting where to submit your cv's
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by Gcares(m): 9:39am On Oct 19, 2009
I tried the website,but all i get is a motivational website.
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by mimilola: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2009
you'll get so many job interview tips there as well
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by Gcares(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
THATS OK. BUT WHAT I REALLY NEED IS A GOOD J .O .B! chikena!
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by doladeinde: 6:53am On Oct 26, 2009
The Following Jobs Vacancies Below Are Available

Oil Rig Jobs, Oil Gas Drilling, Jobs in Oil and Gas, Oil Employment,
Offshore Oil Rig Jobs, Oil Career, Oil Industry, Oil Company
Petroleum Engineering, Drilling Jobs, Engineer Jobs

Visit: http://www.oilandgasjobsstore.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phone Interviews: Prepare to Ace Them!

More companies are saving time and effort by doing initial telephone interviews before committing themselves to hours of time assessing and evaluating applicants. They are doing this because, frankly, it's a good way to save a team's time from interviewing obviously unqualified people. From your standpoint, this means that you need to develop an additional interview skill.

One of the disadvantages of doing a phone interview is that they can't see how well you look or what a great suit you're wearing to the interview or that you own terrific ties. It also means that you can sit in the comfort of your home, rather than trudging to their site. With this opportunity, comes problem. The major problem is that they can't see how well you look or what great clothes you own. All they can do is listen to your voice and the energy that you convey and listen to the answers to your questions; you, on the other hand, can't see when you've lost their attention or when you've bored them. There are no visual cues for either of you.

But with preparation, you can do a fabulous job and get in the door. Here's a few pointers.

1. For any interview, go to the company's website and learn about the firm. Also, if you can read a job specification on their site (or elsewhere) do so. After all the spec is the road map to what they are going to assess your abilities for.

2. Take some notes to remind yourself of points that you may want to make or about things that you might forget. Sometimes people get nervous, just like they do in person. Have a few notes nearby about your role, responsibilities and accomplishments as helpful reminders. Support your statements with detailed examples of accomplishments when possible. Remember, they can't see if you have a manual open to something you might be a little rusty in! They can't see that you have your resume in front of you!

3. Rehearse. Have someone call you and listen to your voice on the phone. Maybe your cordless phone makes your voice sound tinny. Maybe you speak too softly, mumble or speak too quickly to be understood by others. Ask someone you trust to critique you.

4. Pick out a place in your house where the kids won't interrupt you or the tv won't make noise in the background. I hate interviewing people who have the stereo playing in the background (it happens more often than you can imagine).

5. Write down their questions so that you can stay on purpose. Too often, people forget the original question and go rambling about something far a field. Stay on target.

6. Your voice is your only sales tool. Don't allow yourself to sound tired or blasé over the phone. Sounds energetic and excited, even if they've asked you the same questions that every other interviewer has for the last six months!

7. At the time of the phone interview, log off your computer (If you can't definitely get off of instant messengers and other services that chime. These may sabotage your concentration just when you need it most.

8. Rehearse. Rehearse. Rehearse. I can't emphasize enough that you need to practice phone interviews, just as you have in person one.

9. Don't use your cell phone if you can avoid it. Cell phones rarely allow your voice to sound as clear as a standard land line. Try to avoid using it for interviews.

10. Be courteous and try not to speak over the interviewer or cut them off. If you do, apologize and let the interviewer continue.

11. Do not hang up until the interviewer has hung up.

Follow these pointers and I'm sure you'll do better on your interviews.
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by eleweeran: 6:21am On Oct 30, 2009
WELL for me i think sometimes we need motivation to get a job though
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by sanyira: 5:06pm On Nov 02, 2009
Abi Na Good Job all of us dey find ooh
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by adamzmith: 2:14am On Nov 03, 2009
i hope it is not julius berger
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by jackjn: 7:57am On Nov 05, 2009
Nigerians like good jobs, it is unfortunate no enough jobs

Wetin this yar ardua Govt dey do self
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by natefe: 1:26pm On Nov 15, 2009
job na job, AS FAR AS THE TAKE HOME PAY IS OKAY
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by drupattt: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2009
Julius berger use to pay high salaries during OBL'S tenure
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by druhilll: 8:07am On Dec 07, 2009
natefe I agree with you
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by kayoguns: 11:55am On Dec 08, 2009
@natafe
If job na job, I get a high paying job for you with DMT but na shit you go dey pack oh

@
drupattt:

Julius berger use to pay high salaries during OBL'S tenure
are they no more paying high salaries?
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by graceakins: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2009
What is the story. Just give the links on how to get the jobs that's all. Give jobs info here.
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by austinobee: 7:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
@kayoguns

If you get job wey them for dey pack poo. make you let us know. If the pay dey good who cares the kind of job as long as it is legit. Abeg give us info on the DMT job. Is there a website or an email address?
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by osama007: 10:28am On Dec 17, 2009
I think all these guys do not know what they are saying.
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by sarahgolok: 6:47am On Dec 19, 2009
yes ooh
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by fabileh: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2010
so far you get a job
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by Kulenzo: 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2010
Are There really Jobs out there?
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by Wallacejo: 8:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
construction companies do they pay salaries at all
Re: Jobs In Various Sectors Of Nigerian Construction Industries by sarahgolok: 8:04pm On Jan 16, 2010
happy weekend

(1) (Reply)

British High Commission Jobs / JMG Ltd Invites / Transerve Disc Technology Ltd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.