Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:56 PM

Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. (775 Views)

NYSC - A Useless And Worthless Program That Has Outlived Its Relevance / Nysc Alert!! "We Don't Wish To Serve"scrap The Exercise If U Can't Manage It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by ichiexy01: 8:33am On Oct 06, 2016
The national youth service corps scheme has had its benefits in the re-integration of our beloved country, no doubt but right now it is just a forty year old idea that needs a total overhauling. it should be scrapped because it is doing a lot of damage than good.

Keeping students at home doing nothing because the law requires that we need the NYSC certificate for further admissions for masters in Nigeria and even Job placements.

Presently the NYSC has slashed all slots given to all schools, keeping more students at home while still binding them by law to do nothing, because without the services students cannot further their education or get jobs.

Let exemption certificates be given to those who the commission cannot not mobilize instead of keeping them at home for more months after spending almost a year at home.

we should not take this, as our future cannot be halted for a scheme that has lot its initiate goals.

"NYSC is a creation of law, only another law can repeal it"

So today we call on the entire senate with Senator Bukola Saraki as its head to provide us with that law to amend the great harm being done to our young generation.

https://www.change.org/p/senator-bukola-saraki-scrap-the-national-youth-service-corps-nysc-a-review-is-needed?recruiter=606741074&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
Re: Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by semasir: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
The scheme's intention was to integrate Nigeria but the reverse is the case these days comparing the gains to the losses.

How can such a huge amount be spent on graduates who in turn come out and most are not better than their last situation aside a sojourn in a foreign land?

I'll rather pray the Senate payoff graduates instead to empower them than continue to waste public funds all in the name of keeping the faith in one accord.

I remembered my times in the Zamfara camp before being redeployed to Rivers State which happen to favour me because I was proactive enough to showcase myself and gave me an employment at least but worst was that Rivers state redeploy her Corp members to schools except for lawyers and medical students who are aligned to their course; almost a waste of one's productive year(s) if care isn't taken.

1 Like

Re: Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by tukdi: 8:46am On Oct 06, 2016
ichiexy01:
The national youth service corps scheme has had its benefits in the re-integration of our beloved country, no doubt but right now it is just a forty year old idea that needs a total overhauling. it should be scrapped because it is doing a lot of damage than good.

Keeping students at home doing nothing because the law requires that we need the NYSC certificate for further admissions for masters in Nigeria and even Job placements.

Presently the NYSC has slashed all slots given to all schools, keeping more students at home while still binding them by law to do nothing, because without the services students cannot further their education or get jobs.

Let exemption certificates be given to those who the commission cannot not mobilize instead of keeping them at home for more months after spending almost a year at home.

we should not take this, as our future cannot be halted for a scheme that has lot its initiate goals.

"NYSC is a creation of law, only another law can repeal it"

So today we call on the entire senate with Senator Bukola Saraki as its head to provide us with that law to amend the great harm being done to our young generation.

https://www.change.org/p/senator-bukola-saraki-scrap-the-national-youth-service-corps-nysc-a-review-is-needed?recruiter=606741074&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink
Re: Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by inositol88(m): 8:55am On Oct 06, 2016
I strongly support this move!!!!
Re: Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by ichiexy01: 11:55am On Oct 06, 2016
semasir:
The scheme's intention was to integrate Nigeria but the reverse is the case these days comparing the gains to the losses.

How can such a huge amount be spent on graduates who in turn come out and most are not better than their last situation aside a sojourn in a foreign land?

I'll rather pray the Senate payoff graduates instead to empower them than continue to waste public funds all in the name of keeping the faith in one accord.

I remembered my times in the Zamfara camp before being redeployed to Rivers State which happen to favour me because I was proactive enough to showcase myself and gave me an employment at least but worst was that Rivers state redeploy her Corp members to schools except for lawyers and medical students who are aligned to their course; almost a waste of one's productive year(s) if care isn't taken.

lets sign the petition and push for a change
Re: Scrap The National Youth Service Corps (nysc), A Review Is Needed. by ichiexy01: 11:56am On Oct 06, 2016
inositol88:
I strongly support this move!!!!

help sign the petition

(1) (Reply)

No / Memoirs Of Mammy Market 1 By Omijie Oshor-stanley / A Snake Was Killed At Our Camp Hostel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.