Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos (896 Views)

Pipeline Blast? There Should Be Another Way / Another Bomb Blast Kills 30 As 2 Suicide Bombers Hit Kano Park / Buhari Escapes Death As Bomb Blast Kills Over 40 In Kaduna. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2006
Over 500 people have been killed in a catastrophic pipeline blast in the Abule Egba area of Lagos.

VOA
Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by alarinka(m): 5:37pm On Dec 26, 2006
, my people are destroyed for lack of knowledge, or is it lack of petrol,money,education or what!!!, the nation is f**cked i tell you,

1 Like

Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by Raymand(m): 7:22pm On Dec 26, 2006
Greed. If you were there you'd probably do the same. . . if you saw 100 dollar bills falling down from the empire state buiding wouldn't you try to catch it? it's all greed, an innate flaw i guess. . . undecided
Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 8:05pm On Dec 26, 2006
The Africa Independent Television (AIT) and the CNN have the best reports so far.

This is my personal commentary on this Boxing Day catastrophe.

God loves Nigerians.
But we don't appreciate His love.
A Church and a Mosque got burnt in the catastrophe.
These thieves were in the same church and mosque last week and even yesterday to fellowship and worship God and then afterwards they went to steal petrol from the ruptured oil pipeline. So, they disobeyed God and their greed drove them to their terrible death in the pipeline explosion.

Only last May, over 150 people were killed in a similar explosion and over 2,000 people have been killed in similar explosions since 1998. Because, Nigerians have refused to learn from the horrible and terrible mistakes of the past.
When will they ever learn?
Their disobedience and greed killed them.

The Nigerian Police station nearby knew about the ruptured pipeline, but the police ignored the danger until the pipeline exploded.

May God help my people to learn from the mistakes of others and also learn that obedience to God pays and saves.

Life goes on.

Happy Boxing Day!
But none of you sent me any Christmas present.
God dey.
Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2006
i sometimes don't pity these people that loose their lives in these blast,cause its greed angry angry
Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by PTBNaija(f): 6:30pm On Dec 28, 2006
Actually, I believe it's over 1,000 people killed. And it is sad that these people died, it doesn't matter the reason behind it, it's the sheer number. And I highly doubt that everyone there was trying to steal petrol. There were probably a lot of innocent bystanders, or even people that may have been trying to warn them against taking the petrol in the first place.
Re: Pipeline Blast Kills Over 500 People In Lagos by Orikinla(m): 10:00am On Dec 29, 2006
Over 1,000 people actually got killed in the pipeline explosion and they were given a mass burial.

The real criminals escaped unhurt.
The Nigerian Police knew about the rupture of the pipeline before the scavengers invaded the place to siphon the fuel. But, the Nigerian Police did not stop the scavengers from stealing the fuel. Because, the Nigerian Police must have been privy to the tampering of the oil pipelines and the illegal bunkering.

The kidnappers of the foreign oil workers are known to the leading local politicians and the village heads know them. But they make money from the ransom.

We need a very astute and resolute leader to tackle these vandals and stop these criminals on rampage in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Why?/ / Bah! Censorship Sucks! Oh, And On That Note / Is This New Way Girls Use To Get Boy Friends?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.