Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,424 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Bah! Censorship Sucks! Oh, And On That Note - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Bah! Censorship Sucks! Oh, And On That Note (892 Views)

Do We Have Censorship In Nl Religious Section Now? / Nairalands Ridiculous Censorship / Censorship: Good or Bad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bah! Censorship Sucks! Oh, And On That Note by shockreaction(m): 1:10pm On Jul 24, 2007
I'm looking at you, administrator.

I don't think dot dot dot (. . .) should be replaced with a comma.

Here are my reasons:
1. Dot dot dot is used for dramatic effect, and a comma just doesn't convey the message.
2. Dot dot dot can be used as a placeholder for "no comment". You definitely can't use a comma to do that.
3. Finally, you can end a sentence with dot dot dot - which could signify more to come, or once again, for effect. You can't end a sentence with a comma.

It's a revolution! Who's with me on the restoration of the DOT DOT DOT?!

By the way, who thinks dot dot dot should be accepted punctuation mark in English Language? You earn respect points if you do
Re: Bah! Censorship Sucks! Oh, And On That Note by Seun(m): 2:03pm On Dec 04, 2007
I see.

(1) (Reply)

Front Page / Nairaland Home And Abroad Conference / British Homosexual Priest To Marry Nigerian Male Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.