Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,883 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM (775 Views)

Policeman Shot An Accident Victim In Delta & Ran Away - Prince Harrison (Photos) / I Have Lost Count Of Those I Have Defrauded —mother Of 5  / Police Van Drives Past A Hit & Run Accident Victim In Lagos, Tuface Defended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by swizy: 4:25pm On Oct 06, 2016
The money won't come back, but at least people will know fraudsters use this story on ladies to extort money from them.
Ifeanyi Nweze (probably a fake name)- 08134922168
Sunday Ogwu (Fake police man)- 09030120078
David Agbo Moses (Fake doctor) - 08065282341

BACKGROUND- Ifeanyi is an acquaintance. No idea how our paths crossed. But we have been talking on the phone and chat on whasapp over time. He had even one time sent an item (not worth more than 5k) through my friend to me from Abuja, of his own accord. He has his native accent (Claims he is from Oboloafor) and also speaks hausa (claims he grew up in the north). He claims he deals in electricals ( Wires and stuff for connectios) business inherited from his late Dad. He informed me he was traveling to his villa to sort out some ish. Claims he is a prince, lost his dad last year, an only son and has just one sis(married). To back up this claims, he put up pics of the dad's burial arrangement poster. Photos taken at the burial. Him with his village people. Etc etc.

THE SCAM: He called to inform me he will be coming to Lag for a few days from Enugu. As early as 6am he called and in the background you can hear car honking as he said he is driving out to start the journey. Around 10:30am, he called again and said he stopped by to buy some unripened plaintain for me. Lol. I told him not to bother cos I am leaving Lag the next day so it won't be of any use to me. I asked were he has reached and he said Agbor. In 20mins time, my phone rang and it was his number but another man spoke to me saying "The owner of this phone was involved in an accident. We are taking the injured to hospital. When we get there I will call you back to give you more details. I called this number as I saw this was the last number dialed few minutes ago". At the background I could hear sirens blasting and people's voices. After 20mins and no call, I called the number back. The man picked up and introduced himself as a police officer (His real name is Sunday Ogwu) He told me the story of how they were on patrol and saw a small crowd beating a young man and had to rush there, even fired some shots in the air to disperse them and rescued the man. He said the accident involved the car and a keke napep. The keke driver broke his leg and the 2 other passengers injured were taken to a private hospital (BETHEL HOSPITAL BENIN) and Ifeanyi who was beaten mercilessly by the mob was taken to the police station for safety (UGBOWO POLICE STATION). The fake police man said he has left the hospital heading to the station to inform Ifeanyi of the bills and what the doctor said. And he will call me to speak with him when he gets there. Few minutes after the number called me back, said he has passed the info to him that the hospital requested for 180k as bill to be paid before they can commence treatment. He handed the phone to Ifeanyi and he recaped same story the fake police man told me and added that when he was told the bill, he went to his car to get the money but alas the mob had broken into his car and stole all the cash there including his second phone, luckily he had this other phone in his pocket so it wasn't stolen. He also said he asked the police man to take him to the nearest bank so he can withdraw the money but they refused saying they have had cases were such individuals after been released file a report saying they were extorted by the police hence they won't let him.

To cut the long story short, I asked the fake police man to provide his account number so I can run around for the money. I also asked him to provide the hospital account number so I can send to people directly that it will make the people I will be telling the story believe me and help. He sent his Diamond Account number- 0080767038 And the Fake doctors GTB account number - 0210838919

As all these were going on, I luckily got across to someone who stays around Ugbowo police station to go check on him. By The time the man called me back,he told me not to bother with further details as there was no such incident at the station or anyone bearing those 2 names. Unfortunately, I had transferred my hard earned 50k to Sunday Ogwu, the fake police man.

By evening, Ifeanyi called me back narrating how he was able to get across someone who came to settle the bill. And they found out it was 100k the hospital charged, and the DPO wasn't even aware of what this officer was trying to do, and he is currently in hot soup etc etc.he aslo said he heard someone came to ask for him and they didn't let him see the person etc etc. (I was still acting like I don't know it's all scam or should I say I was too shocked at the extent they had gone to plan all these sequence of events)
He was showering prayers on my head of how I am far too kind as he didn't expect me to go out of my way to assist. He asked for my account number so he can send back the money to me as he knew I borrowed it.
By next day, he still called sayig he is at Asaba with the guy who came to help him out and that he gave the guy the money to send to me. As I had to leave town same day, I called to find out what happened to the refund of the money, alas! He doesn't take his calls anymore. No response to his WhatsApp messages after reading them (WhatsApp Number -09039309882 )

This is how I was scammed of 50k in this current economic harshness. The numbers still ring but is never answered. The WhatsApp messages still deliver and is read, but no response. I refused to curse him or abuse him. I don't even know what to think. But surely Karma never losses an address.

Have you experienced this kind of scam? What did you do
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by soberdrunk(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
Chai!! Dem arrange you well! My guy just move on, these men are professionals.....
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2016
Choi,, the money don bash just forget it embarassed
They've probably been doing this for years so you can't do nothing
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by HtwoOw: 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2016
He nursed you and fuccccked you in the arse

Those sirens you heard are computer generated movie effects, apparently, the scammer was smarter than you

Next time if it's your family member, call other family members to confirm first, not after you transfer 50k
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by swizy: 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2016
I have moved on already. I know the money will never come back. I have learnt my lessons properly.
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by dotman4real007(m): 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2016
these people are just upgrading everyday, we need to wise up too ooo. Because they will never stop with all their devilish ways.
Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by swizy: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2016
HtwoOw:
He nursed you and fuccccked you in the arse

Those sirens you heard are computer generated movie effects, apparently, the scammer was smarter than you

Next time if it's your family member, call other family members to confirm first, not after you transfer 50k

Smart people get scammed too bro. He isn't any smarter, he is just a scammer... A fraudster.

1 Like

Re: How A SCAM GANG DEFRAUDED ME OF N50k WITH TALES OF AN ACCIDENT VICTIM by Justiceleague1: 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2016
swizy:
The money won't come back, but at least people will know fraudsters use this story on ladies to extort money from them.
Ifeanyi Nweze (probably a fake name)- 08134922168
Sunday Ogwu (Fake police man)- 09030120078
David Agbo Moses (Fake doctor) - 08065282341

BACKGROUND- Ifeanyi is an acquaintance. No idea how our paths crossed. But we have been talking on the phone and chat on whasapp over time. He had even one time sent an item (not worth more than 5k) through my friend to me from Abuja, of his own accord. He has his native accent (Claims he is from Oboloafor) and also speaks hausa (claims he grew up in the north). He claims he deals in electricals ( Wires and stuff for connectios) business inherited from his late Dad. He informed me he was traveling to his villa to sort out some ish. Claims he is a prince, lost his dad last year, an only son and has just one sis(married). To back up this claims, he put up pics of the dad's burial arrangement poster. Photos taken at the burial. Him with his village people. Etc etc.

THE SCAM: He called to inform me he will be coming to Lag for a few days from Enugu. As early as 6am he called and in the background you can hear car honking as he said he is driving out to start the journey. Around 10:30am, he called again and said he stopped by to buy some unripened plaintain for me. Lol. I told him not to bother cos I am leaving Lag the next day so it won't be of any use to me. I asked were he has reached and he said Agbor. In 20mins time, my phone rang and it was his number but another man spoke to me saying "The owner of this phone was involved in an accident. We are taking the injured to hospital. When we get there I will call you back to give you more details. I called this number as I saw this was the last number dialed few minutes ago". At the background I could hear sirens blasting and people's voices. After 20mins and no call, I called the number back. The man picked up and introduced himself as a police officer (His real name is Sunday Ogwu) He told me the story of how they were on patrol and saw a small crowd beating a young man and had to rush there, even fired some shots in the air to disperse them and rescued the man. He said the accident involved the car and a keke napep. The keke driver broke his leg and the 2 other passengers injured were taken to a private hospital (BETHEL HOSPITAL BENIN) and Ifeanyi who was beaten mercilessly by the mob was taken to the police station for safety (UGBOWO POLICE STATION). The fake police man said he has left the hospital heading to the station to inform Ifeanyi of the bills and what the doctor said. And he will call me to speak with him when he gets there. Few minutes after the number called me back, said he has passed the info to him that the hospital requested for 180k as bill to be paid before they can commence treatment. He handed the phone to Ifeanyi and he recaped same story the fake police man told me and added that when he was told the bill, he went to his car to get the money but alas the mob had broken into his car and stole all the cash there including his second phone, luckily he had this other phone in his pocket so it wasn't stolen. He also said he asked the police man to take him to the nearest bank so he can withdraw the money but they refused saying they have had cases were such individuals after been released file a report saying they were extorted by the police hence they won't let him.

To cut the long story short, I asked the fake police man to provide his account number so I can run around for the money. I also asked him to provide the hospital account number so I can send to people directly that it will make the people I will be telling the story believe me and help. He sent his Diamond Account number- 0080767038 And the Fake doctors GTB account number - 0210838919

As all these were going on, I luckily got across to someone who stays around Ugbowo police station to go check on him. By The time the man called me back,he told me not to bother with further details as there was no such incident at the station or anyone bearing those 2 names. Unfortunately, I had transferred my hard earned 50k to Sunday Ogwu, the fake police man.

By evening, Ifeanyi called me back narrating how he was able to get across someone who came to settle the bill. And they found out it was 100k the hospital charged, and the DPO wasn't even aware of what this officer was trying to do, and he is currently in hot soup etc etc.he aslo said he heard someone came to ask for him and they didn't let him see the person etc etc. (I was still acting like I don't know it's all scam or should I say I was to
leave him to God..but make sure u send all those numbers and names to the police and other authorities..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Two Prostitutes Burn Down House While Fighting Over Man Man / Seven Killed As Two Dangerous Cult Groups Clash In Otukpo / Ladies Kidnapped On Their Way To Abuja Regain Freedom | Shares Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.