Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings (1174 Views)

Darwin—unwittingly A “creationist” / Renowned Evolutionist Turns Creationist And Christian / The Creationist View On Dinosaurs. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Wilgrea7(m): 7:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Firstly let me just say that this is the OPINION i got from someone and i am not saying its true.. its just a thinking out loud so please before you all break my head...it is only an opinion a friend of mine gave

ok.. down to business.. we all know genesis 1:1 nd genesis 1:2... but this theory takes a turn.. it shows there is actually a story missing inbetween those verses
we know that genesis 1:2 downwards talks about the creation story of the world and man and how satan tempted man... but according to the bible, satan rebelled since before the garden of eden.. permit me for not posting the scripture cuz i am not used to posting on nairaland..
ok let's continue

this theory states that dinosaurs did exist and all those other prehistoric creatures. actually it states that we are not the first creation. did u guys ever hear of bones of some human like creatures also dating back to the time of the dinosaurs in few countries? so what killed them?? remember the great war in heaven? the bible didn't actually state when it happened but we know it shook the heavens and the earth.. so this is the theory

dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures existed
satan rebelled against God with one third of the angels in the first heaven.
the war destroyed so many things and greatly damaged the heavens and earth which God actually created in genesis 1:1.
God in his anger flooded the earth and Satan's kingdom established here on the earth and destroyed it
that was what made the earth without form and void.. that was where our own story started from

this is the summary of all

Please let me explain. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Then, in Genesis verse 2, it said the earth was without form and void. In other words, in verse 1, God created the heavens and everything in them, including the sun, moon, and stars; then sometime between verses 1 and 2, Satan was cast out of heaven and fell to the earth. This is what caused the earth and everything in it to become void.
The Apostle Peter said that the earth that then was, before Adam was created, was overthrown by a flood; then God created a new heaven and earth because the first ones became void. Then He created Adam and told him to replenish the earth. The following verses talk about the fall of Satan, and the earth becoming void. Please remember that when these scriptures talk about the earth becoming void, it is talking about the earth's social system that then was, which was destroyed; not planet earth itself. Even after Armageddon, after an atomic war, God will simply burn the face of the earth off by fire and then create a new social system on earth wherein dwelleth righteousness (2 Peter 3; Revelation 12; Genesis 1:1,2; Isaiah 14:12-14; Jeremiah 4:23-26; Ezekiel 28:11-17; Luke 10:18). Chronologically speaking, man's existence on earth can be divided into ages or time periods. These ages are listed in chronological order:
1. The creation of heavens and earth
2. The fall and flood (destruction) of Satan's kingdom on earth by an ice age (antechaotic age)
3. The re-creation of earth's social system governed by Adam (dispensation of innocence) to the flood of Noah (antediluvian age)
4. The present age from Noah's flood to the millenium when Christ returns to reign on earth with his church
5. The age to come from the millenium to the new heavens and earth of Revelation 21 and 22
6. The age of ages, eternity with Jesus, time without end

please before u tear my head.. it is only a theory and i am not saying it really happened.. someone told me and i wanted to share to hear your views... this is called the gap theory

1 Like

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by oaroloye(m): 3:08pm On May 07, 2017
SHALOM!

Your confusion is caused by your trust in OYINBO LIES and VAIN THEORIES.

You really believe that the OYINBOS are telling the truth when THEY SAY that. DINOSAUR BONES are MILLIONS of years old!

Why is that?

It is reported that some DINOSAUR BONES have SOFT TISSUE in them, and REEK LIKE CADAVERS.

KENT HOVIND, the Evolutionist debunker, CLAIMS to KNOW that there is a LIVE DINOSAUR IN ZAIRE.

That pronouncement would earn him THOUSANDS INTO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, on Speaking Tours alone.

WHY HASN'T HE GONE THERE, TO PROVE ITS EXISTENCE?

Using DRONES and ARMOURED VEHICLES, there would be NO DANGER at all!

He doesn't do that, because he is an Evangelical Christian GATEKEEPER.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Nuhvey(m): 11:39pm On Oct 17, 2017
Wilgrea7:
Firstly let me just say that this is the OPINION i got from someone and i am not saying its true.. its just a thinking out loud so please before you all break my head...it is only an opinion a friend of mine gave

ok.. down to business.. we all know genesis 1:1 nd genesis 1:2... but this theory takes a turn.. it shows there is actually a story missing inbetween those verses
we know that genesis 1:2 downwards talks about the creation story of the world and man and how satan tempted man... but according to the bible, satan rebelled since before the garden of eden.. permit me for not posting the scripture cuz i am not used to posting on nairaland..
ok let's continue

this theory states that dinosaurs did exist and all those other prehistoric creatures. actually it states that we are not the first creation. did u guys ever hear of bones of some human like creatures also dating back to the time of the dinosaurs in few countries? so what killed them?? remember the great war in heaven? the bible didn't actually state when it happened but we know it shook the heavens and the earth.. so this is the theory

dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures existed
satan rebelled against God with one third of the angels in the first heaven.
the war destroyed so many things and greatly damaged the heavens and earth which God actually created in genesis 1:1.
God in his anger flooded the earth and Satan's kingdom established here on the earth and destroyed it
that was what made the earth without form and void.. that was where our own story started from

this is the summary of all

Please let me explain. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Then, in Genesis verse 2, it said the earth was without form and void. In other words, in verse 1, God created the heavens and everything in them, including the sun, moon, and stars; then sometime between verses 1 and 2, Satan was cast out of heaven and fell to the earth. This is what caused the earth and everything in it to become void.
The Apostle Peter said that the earth that then was, before Adam was created, was overthrown by a flood; then God created a new heaven and earth because the first ones became void. Then He created Adam and told him to replenish the earth. The following verses talk about the fall of Satan, and the earth becoming void. Please remember that when these scriptures talk about the earth becoming void, it is talking about the earth's social system that then was, which was destroyed; not planet earth itself. Even after Armageddon, after an atomic war, God will simply burn the face of the earth off by fire and then create a new social system on earth wherein dwelleth righteousness (2 Peter 3; Revelation 12; Genesis 1:1,2; Isaiah 14:12-14; Jeremiah 4:23-26; Ezekiel 28:11-17; Luke 10:18). Chronologically speaking, man's existence on earth can be divided into ages or time periods. These ages are listed in chronological order:
1. The creation of heavens and earth
2. The fall and flood (destruction) of Satan's kingdom on earth by an ice age (antechaotic age)

3. The re-creation of earth's social system governed by Adam (dispensation of innocence) to the flood of Noah (antediluvian age)
4. The present age from Noah's flood to the millenium when Christ returns to reign on earth with his church
5. The age to come from the millenium to the new heavens and earth of Revelation 21 and 22
6. The age of ages, eternity with Jesus, time without end

please before u tear my head.. it is only a theory and i am not saying it really happened.. someone told me and i wanted to share to hear your views... this is called the gap theory
It does make sense. The highlighted parts above could have been what happened ... Here's My take(lol, Am not really too religious anymore tho and My reply may be messed up). Back then, I always thought about it this way to kindov account for the existence of the dinosaurs given the fossil records. Anyways, I kinda think the fall was like the widespread theory of the asteroid that wiped out the existence of those prehistoric animals (I think the Alvarez hypothesis or so, cant really remember).. Such an impact would have caused rapid climate changes, changes in vegetation, and life of the different organisms which would lead to mass extinction of most of the life forms on the earth at the time. Some definitely would have survived and continued living and changing over time due to natural selection and to form what we have today. This could possibly account for claim that over 90% of the the worlds species are extinct.. On the other hand, I found it quite hard to believe in the story of Adam and Noah's ark and stuffs that follow sha.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Nobody: 11:54pm On Oct 17, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Your confusion is caused by your trust in OYINBO LIES and VAIN THEORIES.

You really believe that the OYINBOS are telling the truth when THEY SAY that. DINOSAUR BONES are MILLIONS of years old!

Why is that?

It is reported that some DINOSAUR BONES have SOFT TISSUE in them, and REEK LIKE CADAVERS.

KENT HOVIND, the Evolutionist debunker, CLAIMS to KNOW that there is a LIVE DINOSAUR IN ZAIRE.

That pronouncement would earn him THOUSANDS INTO MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, on Speaking Tours alone.

WHY HASN'T HE GONE THERE, TO PROVE ITS EXISTENCE?

Using DRONES and ARMOURED VEHICLES, there would be NO DANGER at all!

He doesn't do that, because he is an Evangelical Christian GATEKEEPER.
@the bolded. What exactly do you mean?
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
OP, I also notice that most of the arguments used to justify dinosaurs are usually centred around earth. I mean, you talked about a fight that 'shook' the heavens and the earth'. But what about the other planets? Other galaxies? Millions of stars? Alien species?
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Nuhvey(m): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2017
AnonyNymous:
OP, I also notice that most of the arguments used to justify dinosaurs are usually centred around earth. I mean, you talked about a fight that 'shook' the heavens and the earth'. But what about the other planets? Other galaxies? Millions of stars? Alien species?
yea, it really didnt make sense. I mean like out of all the planets and galaxies, satan decided to crash land on a minute planet, located in an small part of one of the galaxies. The probability is quite low tho, but its still possible. well, that's how I saw it back then. lol

2 Likes

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by budaatum: 12:59am On Oct 18, 2017
The dinosaur in the room. They never existed na!

Dino Timeline
The first dinosaurs appeared around 231 million years ago (mya) in a time known as the Mesozoic Era. Scientists divide this era into 3 periods: the Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous.

Select a section of the timeline below to see dinosaurs that lived then.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by budaatum: 1:38am On Oct 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:
Firstly let me just say that this is the OPINION i got from someone and i am not saying its true.. its just a thinking out loud so please before you all break my head...it is only an opinion a friend of mine
On a more serious note, I wonder if your friend had come across the following. It's out of sync, but if 6 days can be stretched to any number of years to suit, "children of men" could mean whatever one wants, and well, those giants are huge!

[Chapter 6]
1 And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto 2 them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men 3 and beget us children.' And Semjaza, who was their leader, said unto them: 'I fear ye will not 4 indeed agree to do this deed, and I alone shall have to pay the penalty of a great sin.' And they all answered him and said: 'Let us all swear an oath, and all bind ourselves by mutual imprecations 5 not to abandon this plan but to do this thing.' Then sware they all together and bound themselves 6 by mutual imprecations upon it. And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon, and they called it Mount Hermon, because they had sworn 7 and bound themselves by mutual imprecations upon it. And these are the names of their leaders: Samlazaz, their leader, Araklba, Rameel, Kokablel, Tamlel, Ramlel, Danel, Ezeqeel, Baraqijal, 8 Asael, Armaros, Batarel, Ananel, Zaqiel, Samsapeel, Satarel, Turel, Jomjael, Sariel. These are their chiefs of tens.

[Chapter 7]
1 And all the others together with them took unto themselves wives, and each chose for himself one, and they began to go in unto them and to defile themselves with them, and they taught them charms 2 and enchantments, and the cutting of roots, and made them acquainted with plants. And they 3 became pregnant, and they bare great giants, whose height was three thousand ells: Who consumed 4 all the acquisitions of men. And when men could no longer sustain them, the giants turned against 5 them and devoured mankind. And they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and 6 fish, and to devour one another's flesh, and drink the blood. Then the earth laid accusation against the lawless ones.

The Book of Enoch
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by Wilgrea7(m): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
budaatum:

On a more serious note, I wonder if your friend had come across the following. It's out of sync, but if 6 days can be stretched to any number of years to suit, "children of men" could mean whatever one wants, and well, those giants are huge!

The Book of Enoch

firstly let me just say that i no longer believe in biblical creationism.. at least not the way its being presented in the bible.. my beliefs have changed since i opened this thread.. Also, I've read the book of Enoch.. and i would classify it as esoteric.. although it doesn't seem to agree with history

1 Like

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by budaatum: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
Wilgrea7:

firstly let me just say that i no longer believe in biblical creationism.. at least not the way its being presented in the bible.. my beliefs have changed since i opened this thread.. Also, I've read the book of Enoch.. and i would classify it as esoteric.. although it doesn't seem to agree with history
Religious text tend not to be history, and even history shouldn't be believed as it's always a perspective. I remember being taught that Mungo Park discovered the River Niger. You'd think the people living by it didn't know it was there.

2 Likes

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by shukuokukobambi: 6:57am On Oct 19, 2017
budaatum:

Religious text tend not to be history, and even history shouldn't be believed as it's always a perspective. I remember being taught that Mungo Park discovered the River Niger. You'd think the people living by it didn't know it was there.

cheesy cheesy cheesy Sh!t!!

See me laughing at myself and other Africans. I never gave thought to this until I read this and now i ask myself if we'll ever be free? The white man left but we're still under colonisation. Marley asked us to free ourselves from mental slavery. Mehn, we have a long way to go but congrats budatum....you're at least one step ahead of I and plenty others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 7:21am On Oct 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Sh!t!!

See me laughing at myself and other Africans. I never gave thought to this until I read this and now i ask myself if we'll ever be free? The white man left but we're still under colonisation. Marley asked us to free ourselves from mental slavery. Mehn, we have a long way to go but congrats budatum....you're at least one step ahead of I and plenty others.

mungo park discover river Niger to the western world. people were quite living there but they are not explorers...mungo park was a Scottish explorer.He was the first Westerner known to have travelled to the central portion of the Niger River, and his account of his travels is still in print till today.it doesn't mean people were not living there, butbit was unknown to the west.

America too was also discover by Christopher colombus .people then were living in america.but it was unknown to the western world until 1492 a continent which was previously unknown in Europe, leading to the colonization of the Americas.

History is very powerful...... When you forget or take it as a joke, you may be force to repeat the same mistake in it again

1 Like

Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by shukuokukobambi: 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2017
vaxx:
mungo park discover river Niger to the western world. people were quite living there but they are not explorers...mungo park was a Scottish explorer.He was the first Westerner known to have travelled to the central portion of the Niger River, and his account of his travels is still in print till today.it doesn't mean people were not living there, butbit was unknown to the west.

America too was also discover by Christopher colombus .people then were living in america.but it was unknown to the western world until 1492 a continent which was previously unknown in Europe, leading to the colonization of the Americas.

History is very powerful...... When you forget or take it as a joke, you may be force to repeat the same mistake in it again

And can you point to any social studies book that we used as kids or which the kids of today use that makes that distinction in bold?

Stop any kid on the street today, ask them that question and note how many of them make that distinction. I'll wager NONE!!

Those formative years are the most important in a humans life and the colonialists already own it lock, stock and barrel with all they drilled into us.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

And can you point to any social studies book that we used as kids or which the kids of today use that makes that distinction in bold?

Stop any kid on the street today, ask them that question and note how many of them make that distinction. I'll wager NONE!!

Those formative years are the most important in a humans life and the colonialists already own it lock, stock and barrel with all they drilled into us.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mungo_Park_(explorer)....
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

how was the social studies syllabus developed... At most it was design to honour the west...
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by shukuokukobambi: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
vaxx:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mungo_Park_(explorer)....

When was Wikipedia founded? In fact when was the internet founded?

Have you finally found a social studies text book for kids in Nigeria where that clarification you threw in was made?
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by shukuokukobambi: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2017
vaxx:
how was the social studies syllabus developed... At most it was design to honour the west...

Exactly!! It was designed to favour their agenda. Africa and its natives were simply pawns in the whole matter.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

When was Wikipedia founded? In fact when was the internet founded?

Have you finally found a social studies text book for kids in Nigeria where that clarification you threw in was made?
infact I reason with you....
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 2:02pm On Oct 19, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Exactly!! It was designed to favour their agenda. Africa and its natives were simply pawns in the whole matter.
neocolonialism
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by budaatum: 1:53am On Oct 20, 2017
vaxx:
neocolonialism
Shows how insidiously we've been fed information. This year marks the 500th year since Martin Luther stuck his 95 Theses on All Saints Church in Wittenburg and started the Reformation which led to the Protestant Church. He later went on to translate Jerome's Vulgate to vernacular German and freed people from the authority of the popes. Subsequent bibles in peoples languages followed and the wool blinding people to the truth got smaller. People are less fooled today, but there's a long way to go yet.
Re: A Creationist's Idea On Dinosoars And Other Scientific Prehistoric Findings by vaxx: 6:20am On Oct 20, 2017
budaatum:

Shows how insidiously we've been fed information. This year marks the 500th year since Martin Luther stuck his 95 Theses on All Saints Church in Wittenburg and started the Reformation which led to the Protestant Church. He later went on to translate Jerome's Vulgate to vernacular German and freed people from the authority of the popes. Subsequent bibles in peoples languages followed and the wool blinding people to the truth got smaller. People are less fooled today, but there's a long way to go yet.
so true

(1) (Reply)

Criteria To Make Heaven? / Shocking: RCCG Pastor Vows Not To Call Adeboye Again / Jesus Is Not God! Romans 3:4 Kjv Let God Be True, But Every Man A Liar;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.