Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,342 members, 7,860,867 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:39 PM

Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards (1157 Views)

PYTHON DANCE II: Ebonyi Rejects, Snubs Military Medical Aid / Frozen Accounts: Fayose Knows Fate Dec 2 / Ekiti Cuts Relationship With Bank Over Fayose’s Frozen Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by YouthsPC0: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2016
Former President Goodluck Jonathan did not attend the Leadership Person of the Year 2015 Awards held on Thursday at the Transcorp Hill Hotel, Abuja, by Leadership Newspaper.

The former President sent a representative in the person of Taminu Turaki, former minister of special duties, while President Muhammadu Buhari and Attahiru Jega, former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) personally attended the event.

Citing the roles they played in the 2015 general election, the publication nominated Jonathan, Jega and Buhari as its Persons of the Year 2015.

In his welcome address, Sam Nda-Isaiah, chairman, Leadership Group Limited,said the event was organised to celebrate democracy, and to also acknowledge the roles played by key actors.

Abdusalami Abubakar, a former military head of state, who chaired the occasion, said Nigeria had a good reason to be grateful for the outcome of the election.

He said considering political violence in other African countries, it was important for Nigerians to celebrate that the election was peaceful.

Abubakar said most of the wars witnessed in other countries would have been avoided if the actors had emulated Buhari, Jonathan and Jega.

Buhari hailed his joint winners, saying the last general election was a watershed in the history of the country.

“Let me hasten to congratulate my joint award winners, my predecessor, His Excellency, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR and Professor Attahiru Jega, the former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, as ‘Leadership Person of the Year.’,” he said.

http://www.signalng.com/jonathan-snubs-leadership-person-year-2015-awards-buhari-attends/
Re: Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2016
Frozen accounts? Where did you read that? Well ... happy recession grin cheesy
Re: Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by Chanchit: 9:17pm On Oct 06, 2016
I won't go too if I'm GEJ. Buhari attended becos he's at advantage but I think the real man of the year so far is GEJ. He stepped down without crying blue murder, winning an election against someone like Fayose as the president would be hard, and if par adventure you win theres no way he's stepping aside without chaos. So GEJ is the man of the year.

6 Likes

Re: Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by afanide: 9:32pm On Oct 06, 2016
Yes..... I think the person who thinks he's a leader attended.....
Re: Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by Abeymills(m): 9:55pm On Oct 06, 2016
Gudluck d great imagine his sacrifice will never b 4gotten by great minds n not zombies inspite of all he did buhari is still doing everything 2 humiliate him n his family shocked
Re: Frozen Accounts : Jonathan Avoids Snubs Leadership Awards by HtwoOw: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2016
Make he show make them carry am? grin grin

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Barrs Aisha Buhari From Granting Interviews / Ben Bruce Is A Hypocrite For Criticizing Buhari / See Location And Contacts Of Where To Get Anambra Rice (within Anambra)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.