Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,258 members, 7,846,182 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With (11145 Views)

Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time / These Are Top 5 Expensive Car Problems That Are Not Worth Fixing If They Go Bad / Car Problems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 07, 2016
Aqva:

Same story. Same Peugeot. Ended up spoiling 6 valves and so much money spent on repairs. As i type now i'm yet to collect the car, hopefully this evening. This happened 2 days ago.

sorry bro, I ve been there, very painful experience.
Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by Abee79(m): 2:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
wokomabest:
The most annoying one is the cutting of timing belt. It does not give sign all of a sudden engine stop running. So annoying, but I have agreement with my car; NEVER SPOIL ON THE ROAD AT NIGHT.TAKE ME HOME. YOU CAN TELL ME YOUR PROBLEM IN THE MORNING. I think she understands.But I also believe that with proper care your car will never keep you on the road

Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by milestonejnr(m): 2:51am On Oct 08, 2016
ellapinky:
Nice writeup mile****kudos smiley

Thanks
Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by seyiojomu(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
Who has been caught with unresolved Honda/Acura power steering fluid leak and power steering failures.

Shit is just goddamn frustrating! Still battling with it.

Changed a 2007 Acura TL steering rack alrdy, power steering pump, pressure swithc, pressure hose.....and I still av to battle with continous leakage and hard steering at low to no speed on the car.

Help if you can please.
Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by instinctg(m): 8:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
for Camry users, I strongly recommend that you pay closer attention to the timing belt, happened to me multiple times
Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2016
theGistsonline:
very true bro, and those little problems accumulate to larger ones! The upper & lower arms is a Nigerian road factor (our roads are sooo fvcked up!!) I drive a C240 W203 & change my upper & lower arms plus joints every year!
Same goes for FUEL!! The fuel sold to us in naija is soo dirty!! I cange my fuel pump every 1.5 years

I am told the Benz is very sensitive to fuel, it needs fuel with a higher octane rating, some thing like 95 or higher, in Nigeria we only have Fuel with 87 )ctane number, the sold called octane boosters dont work.

That explains why cars that require premium fuel fail over a period of time, these poor quality fuel contributes to their wahala. You will need to have a supporting vehicle to your benz.
Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by theGistsonline: 8:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
kaeforum:

I am told the Benz is very sensitive to fuel, it needs fuel with a higher octane rating, some thing like 95 or higher, in Nigeria we only have Fuel with 87 )ctane number, the sold called octane boosters dont work.

That explains why cars that require premium fuel fail over a period of time, these poor quality fuel contributes to their wahala. You will need to have a supporting vehicle to your benz.
my brother, if I tell you I've been driving the C240 for over 5 years now without a support vehicle, you'll abuse me! I change my fuel pump every 1.5 years. The problem is really the suspension! That I change almost every year. Notwithstanding, Nigerian petrol is quite very similar to the ones you find in the US & UK, "unleaded...low octane..." Are all just small add ons to the detriments in this country, however, newer vehicles which you find on the Nigerian roads like the G wagon, SLR, etc.. Also do have the same fuel issues (if any) but the bottom line is your engine oil... Mobil 1 is available at most filling stations here is the premium requirement for top benz performancE cars. I just pray the thieving attendants in Mobil stations do not put something else like mobil XHP in mobil 1 gallons for sale.

1 Like

Re: 5 Frustrating Car Problems One Can Be Faced With by adinoyiM(m): 6:24am On Nov 05, 2016
grayht:
The other day my steering pulled off from its rack while doin 120km/h

wow, So how did you handle this 'emergency'?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Thread On Obtaining The New F.R.S.C Drivers Licence. / Is Hot Water Or Cold Water The Best To Wash A Car Engine? / 5 Common Signs Your Car Needs Engine Repair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.