Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago (23313 Views)

Nigeria Among 10 Cheapest Places To Buy Petrol In The World – Punch / Saraki, Politicians Queue To Shake Goodluck Jonathan At IBB's Daughter's Wedding / Lai Mohammed: “ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by ijustdey: 7:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Lai Mohammed, minister of information and culture, on Thursday said change began with members of the current administration “a long time ago”.

Reacting to the demands of people that change should start from the top, Mohammed said the campaign was leadership-driven.

Mohammed, who said the lifestyle of top government officials, is devoid of any ostentation, said ministers now queue at filling stations and airports.

He was speaking in Lagos when he unveiled the ‘Change Begins With Me’ campaign to the corporate world.

“Today, ministers queue up at airports and filling stations. Their lifestyle is devoid of any ostentation,” he said.

“The federal executive council is not left behind. The weekly FEC Meeting starts on time. Indeed, change started with us a long time ago.”

Mohammed said President Muhammadu Buhari demonstrated that change began with him when he rejected the purchase of new vehicles on assumption of office.

He added that the president had also directed his convoy not to break traffic rules.

“The president demonstrated leadership when he rejected the purchase of new vehicles for his use, thus saving N400 million,” he said.

“Thanks to his action, no minister purchases new vehicles, saving millions more.

“Then upon assuming office, the president instructed his convoy to always respect traffic rules. The ministers all followed suit.

“In simple parlance, the campaign is geared towards achieving attitudinal change. As they say, you cannot continue to do things the same way and expect a different result.

“Against the background that our core values have witnessed total breakdown in the past years, it is imperative that we re-orientate ourselves with a view to restoring those time-tested values.”

Mohammed outlined the different options available to the private sector to key into the campaign, including platinum, gold, diamond and channel partnerships.

Some representatives of the private sector, who spoke at the event, expressed support for the campaign, saying it could not have come at a better time.

https://www.thecable.ng/lai-ministers-queue-buy-petrol-change-started-us-long-ago

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by INTROVERT(f): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2016
WHATEVER

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by chocolateme(f): 7:47am On Oct 07, 2016
Really??
Oga Lai!! Please fear God.

46 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Luckylife(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2016
This is how a federal minister described what he meant by "change begins with him " imagine!!!

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by EMMYLBANKS(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2016
Who him epp abeg

5 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by VampireeM(f): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2016
This Mr Lai Mohammed is a clown but aint funny! What useless change? Eye Service you mean? How has your "change begins with me" helped an average Nigerian or improved the economy? These people must take Nigerians as fools kai!

This govt cluelessness and misplaced priorities are like 5 and 6!

54 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by peterdrury: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2016
Which minister will queue for fuel when there is scarcity?

They keep disobeying court orders, disregard for the rule of law, using sirens and long convoy to chase other drivers away from the road, Sweeping away corruption cases, using government agencies to fight corruption for a selected few Individuals and receiving big wages for doing nothing or little.

I will take this government serious when they placed themselves on minimum wage. I mean the 18000 minimum wage.

55 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by alberto2k(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Lai Mohammed is so far the only Nigerian i long to Slap with Amala turning stick angry

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by DTOBS(m): 8:00am On Oct 07, 2016
Laya laya...

Your father!!!...

Lai Mohammed and Lies are

29 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 07, 2016
No one takes him seriously again. Nigerians are tired of his lies

35 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Flets: 8:05am On Oct 07, 2016
Lai Mohd contributed over 50% of the mockery attributed to this buhari administration, closely followed by Adeosun, Dalung, Ngige and Fashola..... in that order.

Note: Buhari s 100% responsible for his failure on all fronts

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by ojay2053(m): 8:06am On Oct 07, 2016
Okay, let him continue deceiving himself.

8 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by nerodenero: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2016
Lie Mohammed undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by LORDOFAFONJAS: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2016
grin Lai muhammed is here again cool

6 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Boleyndynasty2(f): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2016
So this is what Lai Mohammed thinks change begins with me means? How did we end up with all these confused old men trash talking

26 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Kamalcole3001: 8:17am On Oct 07, 2016
Which fake change is this?

Change when Buhari starts drinking Nigerian peak milk.

Change is When his wife starts wearing 20000 wristwatch and carrying 12000 NAIRA bag.

Change is when Buhari children start attending ABU

Change is when Buhari and Boys start wearing ABA made shoes and clothes while driving IVM vehicles

Change is when He starts respecting the opinion of the people without talking down on them.

Change is when we do away with anything that can be produced in Nigeria and use our own.

Change is when Dangote monopoly over most essential commodities is broken

Finally,change is when the Hausa Fulani stop coveting the presidency of Nigeria perpetually even when they have nothing to offer to better the lot of Nigerian.

20 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by mastermaestro(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2016
My calculator just crashed while trying to sum up how much this government has supposedly saved so far. undecided Please someone should lend me theirs. angry

5 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by SpitsOnYoruba: 9:53am On Oct 07, 2016
I love this change

Even the Afonja are now dieing of hunger

8 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by ephi123(f): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2016
Shhh - this man should have some self respect and stop telling both white and black lies all about.

2 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by yhemsy62(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Mr lying liar just shut it and stop stop the deciet already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by geostrata(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Young03(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
hmmm liar muhd

easy oo

3 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by samx4real(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
is it the fuel that was imported from Ghana or USA?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Toluwani111: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
This 27k Facebook group is for sale ===> https://m./1685747968314575

If you're interested, quote me or call 07064272729
Thanks

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by BankManager(m): 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
This Lai Mohammed is a pathological liar
sha!! Just talking rubbish all the time..

4 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by ChappyChase: 9:54am On Oct 07, 2016
Continue

5 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by vengertime: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2016
It's official, this man is mad

13 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by CharlieMaria(m): 9:56am On Oct 07, 2016
This man and indeed this goverment need their head examined. This is a true definition of cluelessness. What makes him think being in queue will fix the economy? Nonsense. Or were you elected to start queuing up in petrol stations? I weep for my country.

9 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by An0nimus: 9:56am On Oct 07, 2016
I'm forced to call this man a d.unce but I won't.

3 Likes

Re: Lai: Ministers Queue To Buy Petrol, Change Started With Us Long Ago by Johnhug66(m): 9:57am On Oct 07, 2016
nerodenero:
Lie Mohammed undecided
cheesy
nerodenero:
Lie Mohammed undecided
this got me cracking.its a lai

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bukola Saraki Visits Tony Anenih (Photos) / Ganduje Orders Immediate Replacement Of Destroyed Emir Sanusi’s Portrait / FG Cuts N2 From New Pump Price, Petrol To Sell At N170.17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.