Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano (1359 Views)

Buhari Creates Healthcare System Called BuhariCare !! / Osinbajo Moves To Kill Forex Subsidy Racket Run Under Buhari Leadership / Refuting The Lies About Forex Subsidy For Hajj - CBN Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by cuteboy2: 11:20am On Oct 07, 2016
The Emir of Kano, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi II, has insinuated that President Muhammadu Buhari's administration has created more billionaires in the past months.
Speaking at the 15th Joint National Council on Developmental Planning meeting in Kano, Sanusi said: “We have created our own billionaires since 2015 from foreign exchange subsidy.”

Continuing, Sanusi said: “For instance, when the CBN was selling dollar at N197 and people were buying at N300, if I sit down in my garden and pick up my phone I would have enough people to call in the industry to get 10 million dollars at officials rate and sell at N300 and make a profit of over N1bn and if I do that four times in a year. For doing nothing I would have earned N4bn.

“And people were telling us that this policy was to help the poor. We should not devalue because if we do the poor people would suffer.
“… People that were profiting from this were the ones telling the government that if you devalue people would suffer; meanwhile they all got the dollar at N197 and price their goods at N300.
“The poor paid the price of the devalued currency and the rich schemed up the profits and it went on for one year and we talked and talked and talked.

“If the present administration continues to behave the way the immediate past government behaved, we will end up where Jonathan ended. You may not like it but that is the truth,” he said.

The Emir also added that no one needs to be an economist to realise that any system that allows someone to make N1 billion profit through a phone call without investing a dime is a wrong system and is not sustainable.
The former Governor of CBN also warned that if wise investments isn't used to expand the Nigeria's economy, it might be heading for worse.
“If we do not expand the economy through wise investment, we can end up in classical Malthusian situation,” said Sanusi.

The Emir has been giving tips and ideas on how the Nigerian economy can bounce back from its current economic state following the declaration of recession by the Federal Government.

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by sarrki(m): 11:29am On Oct 07, 2016
Source
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:31am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari is Incompetent grin grin grin grin

Rochas is Incompetent

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by cuteboy2: 11:41am On Oct 07, 2016
sarrki:
Source

pulse.ng
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2016
Was Nigeria not like this when this idiot was the cbn boss. Why not make a change then. Elenu yanmayanma

Drabeey was Here
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by proeast(m): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2016
Buhari is nothing but a curse and a plague ravaging Nigeria & he must be stopped by all means possible otherwise this country will become a humanitarian disaster by 2019

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 07, 2016
You mean he creates Billions for your likes to pocket abi? Iranu gedi gedi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by sammyj: 11:54am On Oct 07, 2016
God have mercy !!! angry shocked angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Jirate(m): 11:57am On Oct 07, 2016
cuteboy2:

pulse.ng

Copy the Link and Put it inside the Topic, to enable the Mod to Cross-Check
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by drss(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2016
America supported buari so dat their prediction will come to pass in 2019, notin more notin less. they knew very well dat if GEJ is still d president, their prediction will never materialize. i most confess obama is a genius. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Funlordjnr: 12:52pm On Oct 07, 2016
sad
drss:
America supported buari so dat their prediction will come to pass in 2019, notin more notin less. they knew very well dat if GEJ is still d president, their prediction will never materialize. i most confess obama is a genius. cheesy

I've never read anything as senseless as this on nairaland before....EVER!

You deserve some sort of award!

But from looking at that your signature I'm not even that suprised anymore!
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by drss(m): 1:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
Funlordjnr:
sad

I've never read anything as senseless as this on nairaland before....EVER!

You deserve some sort of award!

But from looking at that your signature I'm not even that suprised anymore!
wat an elder sees laying on d ground, a zombie will never see it even after climbing mount everest.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Grundig: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
This is an old article....Atleast a month old. Possibly 2 months

1 Like

Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by cuteboy2: 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Jirate:

Copy the Link and Put it inside the Topic, to enable the Mod to Cross-Check

The Mod knows how to copy the link to his browser to confirm the story.
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by cuteboy2: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2016
Grundig:
This is an old article....Atleast a month old. Possibly 2 months

2 months old in your mind.

This news was published 3 days ago. See link ( I know you wanted to be spoon fed, rather than go dig it up)

http://pulse.ng/local/sanusi-lamido-sanusi-ii-buhari-has-created-billionaires-through-forex-subsidy-emir-of-kano-id5567156.html
Re: Buhari Creates Billionaires Through Forex Subsidy - Emir Of Kano by Grundig: 5:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
cuteboy2:

2 months old in your mind.

This news was published 3 days ago. See link ( I know you wanted to be spoon fed, rather than go dig it up)

http://pulse.ng/local/sanusi-lamido-sanusi-ii-buhari-has-created-billionaires-through-forex-subsidy-emir-of-kano-id5567156.html
I'd hate to be seen exchanging words with a dandy and effeminate twunt who goes by the name 'cuteboy'.

Eat this fruity!
http://pulse.ng/business/sanusi-lamido-sanusi-emir-of-kano-says-forex-policy-is-making-easy-billionaires-through-round-tripping-id5419176.html

(1) (Reply)

Kwara Governor Having A Selfie In America / Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu / Palm Garden Resort UMULOKPA Gutted By Fire...(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.